JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Children, Young Men, Fathers

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (1 John 2:12-14) John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers." Why do you think he takes time to encourage them? Well as children, we know that our sins are forgiven. As fathers or mothers in my case, I know I have the knowledge that I am forgiven, through my relationship with Him. As I walk though, I still consider myself a ‘babe in Christ Yahushua” and He is strong when I am weak. When we are weak, He is strong. John wanted to encourage these gentiles then just as he would now if he were still alive. That is why we find John’s letters so encouraging. Through the Holy Spirit, John’s letters still have the live breath of the Holy Spirit upon them.

In what ways does he encourage them? He shares with them truth, that their sins have been forgiven. "Your sins have been forgiven on account of his name" He reminds them that all they need to do is remember who they were in Him from the beginning of their walk. "You have known him who is from the beginning". He reminds them that they had already experienced forgiveness. He reminds them that even while they were young, that their struggles with satan had been overcome. "You have overcome the evil one" Even though many had already begun their spiritual journey, there had been false teachers who had come along and tried to teach them falsely and John was trying to undue the harm of their teaching and point them back to truth. "You have known the Father" As we grow in our walk with Lord Yahushua, we grow with each temptation that comes our way that we can overcome them. Kinda like the little train that could.. "We know we can, we know we can, through Lord Yahushua, we know we can.” Victory upon victory, we grow stronger through His smile upon our walk. "You are strong" His smile puts joy in our heart and the joy of the Lord is our strength. Its this growth that helps us teach His love to others and that when we abide in Him, He will abide in us and others learn or at least hopefully learn from our mistakes. "The word of God lives in you" Some of these folks had had embraced Christianity, some of these folks were well established in the church and some of these folks were neither, but were new in the church, perhaps recent converts. John was speaking to the household of Yahowah, just as his word still speaks to us today. The gospel seems to fit all, in all walks of life and in all seasons. We are never too young to embrace it, and experience its saving power; nor are we too vigorous or active, or too full of our careers, to be moved by its spirit and perform its duties and neither are we too old to still learn. We can all be encouraged by the WORD.

• John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers." Why do you think he takes time to encourage them? We all need encouragement. We need landmarks that reassure us that we are His — on our best days and through our dark seasons.
    When we become new believers (children) we are so excited to hear that our sins have been forgiven. Heaven is before us and hell is no longer our destiny. We thrill in anticipation of the plan and purpose God has for us in this life. As we become "young men", no longer slaves to sin, we recognize the worldly remains of our former self. Our days are difficult, and the evil one's foothold in our lives causes us to doubt that we are God's children. As "fathers", our faith has matured, and we find rest in God's peace, "knowing that he who has begun a good work within us", will bring it to completion. Although we are not yet perfect, we see righteousness increasing in our lives, and we look forward to the day of Christ's return. John's words bring needed reassurance to us all.
  • In what ways does he encourage them?He lets us know that our sins have been forgiven, that Satan has been conquered and that Holy Spirit lives within us, conforming us to the image of Jesus in preparation for Christ's return.

468x60.jpg

Click HERE to sponsor a child today

Q2. (1 John 2:12-14) John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers." Why do you think he takes time to encourage them? In what ways does he encourage them?

He does it by naming groups to let you know that we all sin and when we do and repent we are forgiven.

To remind them that their sins are forgiven

Q2. (1 John 2:12-14) John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers." Why do you think he takes time to encourage them? In what ways does he encourage them?

He takes the time because He's in love with each of us and wants us to live abundant lives for and in Him.

He encourages us with His great love, by strengthening us in our inner man, by living in and through us and forgiving us for our sins (thanks and praise to Jesus for paying the price and the gift of repentence),also by reminding us that we are His children and have known Him from the beginning and because we are made to be overcomers in Christ, defeating the evil one and his cohorts at every juncture.

Every Christian will need encouragement at one time or another. Each believer has their own special needs according to their spiritual maturity. He was showing us what we should be doing--encouraging those around us too. Sometimes a little thought from an encourager will get us going in the right direction again and give us more energy. If we care about others--really care--love--others, we will be encouragers.

He helps them to grown be overcomers and winners of the battle!!

He is making sure that they know who there are in Christ and strengthing their faith in God. He tells them that they know Jesus saved them He has forgiven their sin and they through Christ have over come the evil on,satan, and now belong to God and are safe in His love for them.

to make them know that JESUS IS ALWAYS THERE FOR THEM ..HEIS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN RELEY ON. TO REMIND THAT THAT THEIR SINS ARE FORGIVEN.

Question no.2 ans.

John encourages children, the new belivers by assuring that all their sins committed before salvation are forgiven, washed away by the precious blood of Christ, ie they are pure in heart. They are a new creation.

The next step, the young in Christ, they must keep on fighting the sins, the evil oneof this world and conquer it.

These young believers are strong in Christ as they feed on the word daily ,His word LOGOS stay in them, so they cannot be easily shaken by satan.

They have Holy Spirit to lead them to all righteousness od the Lord.

Fathers ,the mature christians or leaders,can be an example and a help to the child believer and the mature believer

I believe that John is saying that no matter how mature you are in your walk with the Lord, you can always look to the fact that Jesus through His blood payed the price for our sins, and forgave us, we can always look back to that moment in our lives when Jesus took over, and He now reigns in our lives. Sometimes going back to our first encounter with our savior, that moment when we asked Him into our lives, and we were but like children, and for many of us all things seemed to grow dim in the Light of His Glory and Grace. Going back to these times in a child like state is often all the rejuvenation and encouragement that we need.

Oh to always accept like a child, may God grant us such unquestioning wisdom in Jesus name Amen.

Each stage of life in the Christian pilgrimae builds upon the other As Children learn about Christ, they grow in their ability to win battles and temptation. As young adults move from victory to victory they grow in their relationship with Christ. Older adults haveing known Christ for years have developed the wisdom needed to teach young people and start the cycle all over again.

Each stage of life in the Christian pilgrimage builds upon the eother. AS children learn about Christ they grow in their ability to win battles with temptation. As young adults move from victory to victory, they grow in their relationship with Christ. Older adults, having know Christ foryears have developed the wisdom needed to teach young people and start the cycle all over again. Each level have our responsibilty to pass on and encourage one another

These stages of life represent the different levels of maturity in the faith...and no matter what stage we are in, just as in the natural, we need to be continually encouraged...He takes the time, because he understands love and the commandment given by Jesus...to love one another.

He gives them the time of day...something many Christians say they "don't have" (time). I have found that when we invest time (a precious commodity in this culture, for sure), we give a part of ourselves in which the Lord uses to His glory. I believe that if you prioritize your time and offer yourself to the Lord...He will use the time He has given you to do His work and work His will.

John encourages them by acknowledging them.

John sees the walk with Christ a journey where we are at different places with Him. When I was young in my knowledge of the Lord I relied on the truth that my sins were forgiven on account of his name. I needed that reassurance often, I needed that encouragement when things of my recent past came up to haunt me. As time went on and my walk with the Lord went a little further down the line I realized that I was in a battle. The battle raged within me, to give in to temptation but with the help of the Holy Spirit I was victorious in many of these battles. The more times the Spirit within me beat down my evil desires the the more praise I gave to God.

It is now twenty years later, from when I first accepted the forgiveness of my sins through Christ and the Lord took away my dependence upon alcohol. This life isn't easy but that is o.k. because I know the Father and his plans for me. Isn't it wonderful to know what awaits at the end of a long journey? To know that we will spend an eternity with the Father, the one who created us out of love is what I am encouraged by most now.

Have a blessed day all

Darrell

Q2 As the beloved Apostle of Christ, St. John has truly immersed himself in the likeness of Jesus and being of age his primary concern if for the people of God. That's why he

approached the believers in a fatherly and loving manner.

As humans, we have three categories/stages of life.

a) Little Children - This is the time of learning. At this stage, they must be taught in the right way so as not to be deceived or lead to disasters. Once injured at such a tender age, the imprint will be lived forever and the scars will always be there for the rest of their lives. St. John has classified this group as the new Christians. Once baptized their sins are forgiven and the Fatherly love is out-poured unto them so that they will know where their true relation if from.

B) Young Men - This is the most challenging time in their lives. The formation in their spiritual life is important as they go out into the world they need to discern the good from the evil and meet the challenges of the circular world. With proper guidance, they will be great potential leaders of the church as well as of the world. Constantly experiencing the strength and the presence of God in their lives. Putting on the armor of God they will and can geared up for any battles that come along life's journey.

c) Fathers - As seniors and adults, they need to be good examples and mentor to the younger generations. To be their teacher, guide and motivators and thus to impart all the knowledge and wisdom learnt. Since this group has lived their lives and gone through a lot of trials and experiences, it is their duty to God to build the younger people up so that they can be bold enough to step forward when the calling is there to lead the church to greater heights.

Each believer is in a unique point in their faith walk. Recognizing that we all begin anew in this new birth and comparing our growth and maturity to our human development is a way clarifying the differing needs and depth of understanding that comes with our spiritual growth and maturity.

John the the time to lovingly acknowledge that he recognizes that there are indeed and in fact differing levels of spiritual maturity among the believers to whom he writes. To have their spiritual mentor boldly state that growth and maturity is a process and not automatically achieved gives each one permission to access the dangers they face from those who are teaching another gospel, and how to test these teachings against the apostolic gospel.

His message to each identifies what they are able to discern about their own maturity and reassures them of its efficacy. He tells them they have the ability to discern for themselves to test what they hear.

I really like John's breakdown of what I agree to be the varied stages of spiritual maturity in believers along our journey of Christian life. As an old man with many years of being a follower of Christ, he knew what every level was like. He had experienced the challenges of being a little child in Christ, a zealous youth in the Lord, and a seasoned believer who had faced many tests of faith through the years. He was offering the encouragement of each perspective to the Body of Christ.

He encouraged the little children, who were just beginning to develop their faith, to overcome the hesitation many first experience in fully accepting God's forgiveness. Truly receiving that "clean slate" opens the door to truly get to know the Father. In John's context of love in chapter 2, it's important to understand that one of the deepest and most profound challenges (at least in my experience with the LORD) is grasping the concept of His passionate love for each of us individually, unconditionally, and completely. To know this love is to know Him.

He encouraged the youth, who were just beginning to experience living out their faith, to stay strong in the Word of God because the indwelling Holy Spirit uses this living and active weapon to empower us for overcoming our evil enemy. Sometimes learning to live in unity with the Body of Christ is a difficult thing. In the context of this chapter, love is the divine power that conquers the hatred and discord that this enemy seeks to stir up in the Body.

He encouraged the maturing believers, who now had many miles of faith lessons behind them that had developed wisdom, to keep focus on all they had learned to be true about the Ancient of Days, the One who has been from the beginning (1:1). Even the veteran must remain diligent in avoiding the dark fringes of hate. Again, in this context, everything we know of the LORD and our walk with Him by faith must always be in balance with His character trait of love.

I believe he does it this manner to show to us that God is with us through our growth in Him, He knows and understands our needs as young believers and is with us as we grow and experiance the hardships pf life.

The moments when we are tested and struggle, and life sure knows how to unfold those moments.

He proves to us that He understands us, and that He will always be with us, to provide for us and never leave us.

He take the time because he loves them and is concern about their spiritual growth. It seem like no level of maturity is left out. No matter what our level of maturity is in Christ we all have room for growth. I have learned dealing with people requires time and love. John deal with each group on thier level. We have to know how to encourage others. I see John working in love. If we do it in love the results will be great!!

Q2. (1 John 2:12-14) John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers." Why do you think he takes time to encourage them?

John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers" by assuring them of their status in Christ against the false claims of his opponents. This is an attitude the Body of Christ should perpetuate. We shoud always encourage our brothers and sisters in their walk with Christ.

In what ways does he encourage them?

Paul encourages the "children," those considered "babes in Christ," by reassuring them that when they sin they can confess them and be forgiven. He tells them, "Your sins have been forgiven on account of his name" (2:12). In the Name of Jesus their sins are forgiven. Paul tells them for little children to know their father's love is a wonderful, precious, and health-producing relationship, for when children know their father, they begin to know who they are in relation to him. A wonderful reminder that we can give to newcomers to the faith.

To the "young men," Paul assures them that becaus they are overcomers and as young men they have the strength of Christ and need not fear.

Finally to the "fathers," Paul tells them that the one they're serving is of old from eternity and that they can rest in the knowledge that their faith is grounded and solid in the Lord.

Q2. (1 John 2:12-14) John encourages "children," "young men," and "fathers." Why do you think he takes time to encourage them?

I think John is reminding them that they/we are all works in progress. That once we are in Christ, He takes His time to develop us spiritually and to heal us emotionally, so that His work in us will remain and bear fruit for eternity. He had undoubtedly seen some "shooting star" Christians, who appear, rise up based on their charisma and gifting, but who fizzle and fail in the end because there is no solid foundation. He was subtly pointing out the different age groups, maturity levels, responsibility levels, and to not compare with one another, but rather "Let Christ have His way in each, so that "at that day" each would be complete in Him...be like Him. John was their elder "brother" and had experienced the hardship and trials of living for Christ in a hostile world. He was letting them know "they could make it" if they continued to walk closely and depend wholly upon the Lord.

In what ways does he encourage them?

He beautifully points them to Christ as the only model for life, then line by line reminds them of who they/we are in Christ, and how the enemy targets believers to discourage, oppose and defeat. He reminds them that they are forgiven, that they know the Father who loves them unconditionally, that Jesus is the victory in dealing with the enemy and that abiding in Him brings that victory. He stresses the importance of God's Word, and abiding in it and letting it abide in the heart.

We all need encouragement from time to time and it is nice to hear it. John tells them all that they have God in their hearts and that they have won the battle with the evil one. Have you ever been told that? I have been told that, perhaps in some different words but what a feeling, an up lifting, it brings to you and yet it makes you feel humble at the same time! Praise be to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! :rolleyes:

first john embrace the whole family with expressions little children,.john is speaking to all who belongs to the lord,because your sins are forgiven you for his name sake.

fathers are describe as those who have known the old who is from the beginning,mature believers who have know the lord has his sweet companionship.

when john repeats his address to the fathers,it is the same as at the first.this is because they have achieved maturity in spirirtual experience.again the young men are address as those who are strong in the lord and in the power of his might.

the lord jesus was able to defeat satan in the wildreness by quoting the scriptures.this emphasiz the importance of us feeding on the bible and turning away from satan.the lords jesus has come into our hearts and we love all those who are in spirit with lord.