JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Witness of the Spirit

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? Kinda like a compass, I am going to say. The Holy Spirit points us in the right direction and always in the same direction... to truth. As His anointing continues to abide in us and teach us about all things, nothing that is counterfeit will be taught to us and neither should we teach anything that is counterfeit. We are to remain united in truth and not departing from that truth. John is trying to warn the believers then, just as his word is still alive with the breath of the Holy Spirit now, warning us that nothing has changed. There are still false teachers but they're no match for what is embedded deeply within usYahushuas anointing. We dont need any so-called false teaching because the Holy Spirit teaches us everything we need to know.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. Jeremiah 31:33-34 , John 6:45, Acts 13:39 , Romans 11:27 , 1Corinthians 2:14-16, 1 John 2:20 ΒΆ

In what ways does he teach us? Through the word of our scriptures that we are given and through the impartations of others we surround ourselves with who are likewise believers born in the same spirit. He is the Father to everyone who keeps covenant with Him whom we know by their fruits.

In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching? Through our life-given personal relationship, from the One True Vine through the branch flows the life of the spirit.

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

When we baecame believer the Holy Spirit came to live in us...and He is our helper and teacher the only one we should trust for the truth. As we seek Him in His Word and Prayer and truly stick to what the Word teaches we will be able to discern what is not the truth. There have been times when I hear teachings from TV pastors or others and in my spirit I am quickened and made uncomfortable and I seek him to turn from this.......

As believers the Holy Spirit lives in us and reveals all truth... In His Word it says He will teach us all things we NEED to know We need to believe that and trust in HIm and stay close to these teachings so we will not doubt but believe and obey

The Holy Spirit brings all truth when He comes in to unite with the spirit of a believer. He brings this truth from God - the Source of all Truth - into connection with the human mind, which is a miraculous and wondrous thing that can be gained no other way. He uses these absolutes of the One who is perfect in knowledge, wisdom, morals, and integrity to give us understanding of His Word to us in Scripture. The Spirit reveals to us the truth of who Jesus is, reminds us the truth of everything Jesus taught, and interprets to us the truth of what that means. Using the written Word of God, He guides us from the heart in how to apply all that is true to our practical lives and gives discernment to detect what is false.

(1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

The unction of the Holy Spirit abides in us and is our guide for truth.

The Holy spirit teaches us all things. (John 14:26 KJV) But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things.

He points us to Jesus and brings all things to our remembrance. The Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of Truth...

The Holy Spirit is a guide, counselor, comforter & teacher for us. He makes known the Truth to us. He teaches us in various ways--always pointing to the truth & bringing it's meaning to us. The Truth always points to Jesus--He is the Way the TRUTH and the Life.

My favorite part of this section is that the Holy Spirit will bring to remembrance those things taught us--or verses we have memorized. If we haven't bothered to memorize, what can He bring to remembrance?

In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

the Holy Spirit lives within us

In what ways does he teach us?

It gives us the truth, and therefore we can tell what is false.

I experience a peace, a calmness

This peace is the key to the truth, and in this truth I am guided.

I see things more clearly

I am becoming more loving.

I care about the world around me, but I

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27)

In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us?

In what ways does he teach us?

In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

When we are saved, we receive the indwelling Holy Spirit, and He enables us to discern between truth and error. He exposes all untruths and makes us aware of Jesus

After Jesus left he at Pentacost gave us the Holy Spirit and as believers we have Him living in us and Jesus said he would reveal all truth and teaches us everything we know..... so if we stay in our fellowship with Jesus He will point us to all that Jesus taught and left for us We must continue our relationshpw with Jesus daily in His Word, prayers and with the church family...He will commmunicate to us all we need if we do our part Praise the Lord

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does he teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

After Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil they realized that they were naked. They were ashamed and hid from God in their nakedness. What changed? They were always naked, never needing a veil to stand before God until then. Two things changed I believe, the desires of the flesh and the guilt that Satan placed in their heart.

As time went on the desires of the flesh grew and grew and the veil which allowed His people to stand before Him went from a fig leaf to the Ten Commandments and from the Ten Commandments to the Law of Moses. We have been adding to that veil ever since. The veil of the law has become so thick, those who stand behind it can no longer see the Father. The more laws we make the more we try to clothe ourselves with some sort of external righteousness and falsely giving a sense of confidence before God.

John says do not forget what you heard in the beginning. The Law is what they heard in the beginning; not to be a veil to hide from God but a guide to come near God. If we follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit, which changes the desires of the heart, we strip away the Law because the Law is no longer required. The parable in Luke 18 when the religious leader asked Jesus, "What do I have to do to inherit eternal life?", is not about money. The parable is really about the striping away the veil, the changing of the heart.

Let's go back to the beginning for a second look and see what could have been different that resembles what God's desire for us is. The most often asked question is, "What would life be like if Adam and Eve had not eaten from the tree?" I wonder that too. But I also wonder what life would be like if they had stood before God in their nakedness and said, "God forgive us because we have disobeyed you." Do you think their hearts would have been changed from fear to love, from a desire to hide to a desire to respect? I think God would have said your sins are forgiven and yes I believe that is why John says that if you remain in the Son you also remain in the Father. If the desires of the heart are changed the veil is no longer there and the only way for that veil to come down is through the Son.

Matthew 5:3"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Isn't this what Jesus is talking about? When we remove the veil of serving the law, and quit comparing our worth according to how much clothing we have on and realize we all are naked befor the LORD we can then start helping one another without the fear of "being just like them". We are all sinners and need a constant renewing of the spirit because the world often gets us off track.

Darrell

The Spirit inspired the apostles when they wrote the Bible.

As an internal Guide, he can acts as an alarm bell when we want to do something wrong.

He can also get our attention to relevant Bible verses.

Maybe He can also gives us special thoughts?

The Spirit acts on behalf of Jesus.

Therefore He will always point us at Jesus’ teaching.

The only way you can like a victorious life on this sin filled world is with the Holy Spirit, its gives you the needed comfort, guidance, boldness, so many other characters of our body. It will teach you to walk the right path in life, by a quickening of the Spirit when we start getting off course.

You will be able to follow in Jesus' teaching with the daily renewing of your spirit in prayer and studying the Word of God, in these days we need all the help we can get. Praise His Holy Name.

God Bless;

Mike

Q3. (1 John 2:20, 27) In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? In what ways does He teach us? In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching?

Before we come to faith, the Holy Spirit is the "hound of Heaven" who draws us to the Savior. When He comes to live in us, He teaches, reminds, exhorts and guides us into all truth...the truth of God's Word. As we read the Word, He gives us understanding of what it means. He gives us personal revelation of how to apply it to daily situations we face. He gives Ramah words, which may be prophetic or personal promises for us as individuals to claim. And since He never leaves us He's always available. He leads us into worship.....I was really downcast last night when I went to sleep after a day of bad news...when I woke up this morning, worship songs were going through my mind, and I started the day in worship as He led me and the heaviness lifted and was soon gone.

His role is to conform us into the image of Jesus, so He is always at work to that end. If we're passive He leads us to be bold when needed, if cowardly and fearful like Gideon, He gives us courage to do what the Lord desires. When tempted to sin, He pierces our conscience to seek the way of escape He provides, and if we fail to do that and sin anyway, He convicts us of the sin in order to lead us to repentance and to seek forgiveness. When grieving, He comforts us. When in bondage, He leads us to deliverance. What an awesome triune God loves us!!!!

God though three separate beings; Father, Son, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, are of one mind. They are in unison with each other. So when a person gets saved, the Holy Spirit lives inside the person. It is the same as Jesus living inside one who is saved. John 1:1 lets us know that Jesus is the Word and the Word is God. When the Holy Spirit lives inside a Christian, the Word is inside of the Christian. For this reason Christians don

[/quote

When I accepted the wonderful grace of God and repented of my sins. I asked Jesus into my heart and my life at that moment the Holy Spirit took up residence within me, and from that day I have been guided and cared for. I know the voice of the Good Shepherd and He leads me.

He has made me aware by the Holy Spirit to false teaching and doctrine, for I walk in the Light.

Job 19:25

For I know that My Redeemer Liveth and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.

He is our consience, He lets us know when we are doing wrong. He brings scripture to our memory when we need to be reminded. He allows us to learn an is our guide as we study from the word. He helps us learn from the message we hear on Sunday by opening our heart to what God wants for us.

I think I answered some of this in my last post.

So let me just add that the Holy Spirit always points us to Christ as Lord and Savior and always leads us in the truth. He also cautions us and I have regretted when I have not heeded His promptings.

Isn't God wonderful!! He has fully provided for us in everyway.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

john wrote thus to take young bliev ers concerning the false teachers by way of warning.

he does not have fears as to the eventual outcome when he remebers,that his readers had received...the anoiting from the lord jesus.as mention early the antoining is the holy sspirit,and here we learn that the holy spirit abides in you.this is a postive statement once you receive the lord it cannot be taken away.

The Holy Spirit guides us in all truth through the word of God pointing us in the right direction and constantly convicting us of what is Gods will or not. We need to take heed of these convictions and remember that it is not by power or might, but by His Spirit says the Lord.

All praise be to Jesus Lord and savior of my life.

Q3 Jesus loved His apostles and disciples very much and before His death, He prayed to

His Heavenly Father to send His Holy Spirit onto them. He knows that we, being of

the flesh, are weak and might be led astray. That's why the Holy Spirit has come to

live in us to help, guide, teach and prompt us so that we are reminded of the truth

which Jesus himself has taught us.

The Holy Spirit as the 'Comforter';

In what ways is the Holy Spirit an internal Guide for us? The Holy Spirit is an internal guidance mechanism which guides us to the truth in everything and at all times. He guides us to an understanding of what we are reading in the Bible and what we hear from Christian teachers to a discernment of what comes from God and what comes from the Antichrist around us and He opens our ears and eyes to what God is telling us and where He is leading us. Whereas the disciples and all of Jesus' followers whilst He was here on Earth had Jesus to look to for this guidance, as Jesus knew, that would not always be the case and it was for that reason that He arranged for God to send the Holy Spirit after He had ascended into heaven. The Holy Spirit essentially acts as our communication channel to the truth of God.

In what ways does he teach us? Though the Bible, through preachers, through fellowship with other Christians and sometimes through a still small voice when we are alone in prayer with God.

In what ways does he point us to Jesus' teaching? I am not sure that I understand what this question means, but as I see it, the Holy Spirit is a continuation of Jesus' teaching. The Holy Spirit continues to teach us and guide us to and in the the truth of God in the same way as Jesus did whilst he was here on Earth.