JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Children of God

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"?

It was Yahushua who introduced Yahowah God to us as our Father, when He said,

The Father legally and fully adopts as His children those who believe and confess Christ as Savior when we have been convicted of our sin and given faith to believe by the Holy Spirit. And as children of God, we are full heirs with Christ of the inheritance of heaven. But the natural cannot be a part of the spiritual. So the Holy Spirit comes to bring life to the deadened spirit - the spiritual "new birth". He lives within and begins the process of developing the holy character of the Son of God in us (sanctification).

When I believed and was spiritually born, the Spirit brought the fullness of God into my spirit! But the old nature of my flesh and the flawed characteristics of my soul (mind, emotions, and will) are like a shell encasing that glory - a shell that must be put to death bit by bit over the rest of my lifetime so that there is less and less of me, and more and more of Him shining through. This is the ongoing change caused by the new birth…transformation from the thoughts, hopes, desires, motives, and deeds of the old nature to those of the Spirit of God. The increasing demonstration of this holy nature is evidence of the Spirit's presence and work in me. We are His offspring, but the transformation into the full likeness of Christ will not be entirely evident until we "see Him as He is" (3:2b). When we are released from the flesh, all He has predestined for His children will be fully realized (Ephesians 1:5, 13-14).

ADDED LATER...I appreciate the story in the following post. The direction of our footsteps should definitely be changed when the Holy Spirit is guiding. Thanks, s8nfighter, for sharing this devotional thought.

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"? What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"? How does the new birth change us?

I read a daily devotional several years ago which stuck to me and I would like to share the point of it because I relate to that devotional well. It went something like this: After a nice family get together and all the guests had left John decided to go to the local bar for a few drinks. As he was walking through the freshly fallen show toward the bar he began to feel guilty. But he quickly justified his actions with the thought that he had spent an afternoon with the family and they all had a good time, so there should be nothing wrong with going.

Well as he sat down to enjoy his first drink his 4 year old son walked in and stood next to him. He asked little Johnny how he knew that he would be at this place. His son said he didn't know where he would be. He asked him how did he find him and little Johnny said, "The snow was fresh and yours were the only tracks so I just followed your footsteps."

That was the direction my footsteps went for a long time. But because of the anointing of the Holy Spirit and my choice to obey the leading of that spirit which is guiding my steps my direction has changed. My footprints didn't become larger, I don't make a bigger impression with a changed life, just a better one. After I had quit drinking for about ten years my daughter called me up and said, "Dad I am proud of you." I told her thanks, but asked her why. She works in the emergency room at the hospital and has seen the effects of drugs and alcohol on many lives. She said after seeing people end up there time after time, she knows how hard it must have been to quit. Ain't that something, a life that my daughter is proud of. There are many many people chasing after the same thing, a phone call from their loved ones with a voice on the other end saying, "I am proud of you."

Darrell

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"?

Through a miracle of rebirth, we have been born again and grafted into God's family. We are His children in every sense, including being His heirs, and joint heirs with Jesus, sharing His inheritance with Him...only we must share His suffering if we are to share His glory. (Rom. 8:17)

What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"?

The Holy Spirit draws us to Him and then when we decide to "choose to be chosen" (Rom. 8:30), He comes in to dwell in our hearts. "We have received the Spirit of adoption, the Spirit of producing sonship in the bliss of which we cry Abba Father!" (Rom. 8:15) We are those whom He foreknew and loved beforehand, and destined from the beginning to be molded into the image of His Son and share inwardly His likeness. (Rom.8:29)

How does the new birth change us?

We were doomed to eternity in hell as a result of inheriting a fallen nature and our resulting sins. From the moment of Salvation we went from death to life eternal with the Lord. His Spirit within us leads us (Rom.8:14), testifies with our own spirit assuring us that we are children of God. (Rom.8:16), and begins the journey of conforming us into the image of Jesus Christ. His spirit intercedes and pleads before God in behalf of the saints according to and in harmony with God's will, as He comes to our aid and bears us up in our weakness since we don't know how to pray as we ought. (In other words, He interprets our imperfect prayers to the Father with unspeakable yearnings and groanings too deep for utterance. Rom. 8:26,27)

Since we are His children, we can now say with confidence "if God is for us, who can be against us?" (Rom. 8:31), and as His children, "We are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us, and am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things impending, and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, not height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord! (Rom.8:37-39) Hallelujah!!!

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"? What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"? How does the new birth change us?

We are children when we are buried in baptism and raised to new life in Christ as He commanded us to be. The Holy Spirit is sent by God the Father when we accept Christ as Lord and Saviour to lead and guide us in all truth. He is our strength and He speaks to God for us when we are in a place where we can't pray as we should seeking the good He means for us to have.

We are children of God when we confess our sins and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

The Holy Spirit convicts us of our sins and then we are "born again" in the spirit of God.

The "new birth" will change us through the Holy Spirit. We are new in Christ. The Holy Spirit will correct us into righteousness and right living.

The Holy Spirt convicts us of our sins and leads us to the our Saviour, when we repent of our sins and accept that Jesus Christ the Son of God died and rose again to pay the demands of a rightous God on our behalf, the Holy Spirit dwells within us.

Having therefore been baptised and died with Jesus we rise in newness of a new life with Him. Our daily walk and life is new the old man is dead, the Holy Spirit becomes thre comforter and guide.

Oh! What a Saviour

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2)

In what sense are we "children of God"?

We are very specifically children of God; and this because of the Holy Spirit entering our hearts, through the grace of God. When this occurs we are new creatures wanting to imitate our Lord Jesus.

everyone who practice righteousness is born of god.

because god is righeousness,it follows that all h does is righteousness,and therefore everyone bornof him is righteousness.the thought of being born of god arrest john wth wonder,and he calls on his readers to take a look at the the wonderfull lov that brought us into the the family of god.

We are children of God through His blood shed on the cross of calvary.

The Holy Spirit is the one who will tell us That Jesus bought us through

His blood and we are not our own. It is in this sense the Holy Spirit

will work in us step by step to change our mind, our attitude our way of life,

our principles, our interest our motives everything is new that it is

what we called a new birth. We submit our will to Christ daily.

Gener

LESSON 4: Sin Is Lawlessness (1 John 2:28-3:10)

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2)

In what sense are we "children of God"? What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"?

God is Spirit. We become God

In what sense are we "children of God"?

"Children of God" what a beautiful phrase, we are beyond doubt blessed

We have taken on the Spirit of The Son.

We are now spiritual beings

We have been awakened to new life

and the Holy Spirit is our fuel (our power)

we are at peace

we have love

we have strength

we have God

We are children of God in every sense imaginable and unimaginable. When a child is born into this world, the parents imagine the child being a certain way, looking a certain way, and having a certain amount of intelligenence. When the child arrives the parents then have to deal with the reality of the actual child. No amount of imagination will change who the child is or what it will look like. The child is real. The same with a Christian; we are born in the body of Christ we have many promises which God has bestowed on us. Just like a child born in the world, we have a spirit which gives us the ability to function in the world. Christians have the Holy Spirit which gives us the ability to function in the earth the same way Jesus did without having to sin. When we have a problem we can go to God in the heavenly realm and take to Him and receive answers. We are assured the answer will be what we need to solve the issue.

We are changed for we no longer are live by the natural spirit we were born with which seeks to sin. We have the Holy Spirit who seeks to establish and maintain the will of God in our lives, both here on earth and in heaven when we get there.

We are deemed children of God by His greatest gift of salvation ...we are born again of the Spirit...and grafted into God's family, becoming joint heirs with Jesus Christ, His one and only son.

The Holy Spirit draws us to Him. Many are called...few are chosen. It is up to us to choose to walk with Christ and identify with Him. We are adopted into the family of God (Romans 8:15; Romans 8:29).

We are given the gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus. Hallelujah...Praise God...!Christ Jesus our Lord! (Rom.8:37-39) Hallelujah!!!

wink.gifJesus came to the world and died so that we can all be His children as we are born of His Spirit. We become joint heirs of His kingdom. The Holy Spirit lives in us and guides us to live as His children. This new birth gives us joy as we a members of His family and our desire is to serve Our Father and live according to His will.smile.gif

Being born again is a spirituall birth that takes place when we receive Jesus as our Savior. The Spirit comes to live in us and he testifies to our spirit right behavior.

We are children of God in a spiritual sense. We are born again as we receive the Holy Spirit. Everyone has a chance to hear the good news. Many are called but we choose to accept or not accept. To invite the Holy Spirit to dwell within us. Once we do that, we are no longer perishable. We now are of the spirit and spiritual children of God. What once separated us from Him can no longer be as He has promised whoever will believe in Jesus, the Son of God will not perish but have eternal life. This is our faith and our new life in Him. The new birth changes us in that we give reign to the Holy Spirit within us to change us inside. He is always speaking and directing us so we may be sanctified to become more and more of the spirit and less and less of the flesh. He changes our hearts and minds and renews and reminds us when our flesh wants to have it's way again or satan tries to deceive us. But, He who is in us is greater than He who is in the world, so though it may seem a battle hard won....win we will! He is on our side and for us, so who can be against! He's all powerful....so we never give up hope in what He can and will do.....even more than we can ask or imagine!

When we by grace through faith accept Jesus into our lives by repenting of our sins and freely accepting the salvation He gives through His blood, we become children of God. We are convicted by the Spirit and when we are reborn the Spirit comes and dwells within us and guides us in all truth. We become heirs of Christ and will share in His inheritance.

All praise and Glory be to our Savior and king Amen.

Q1. (1 John 2:29-3:2) In what sense are we "children of God"? We have been born again in God and are therefore children of God.

What does the Holy Spirit have to do with this "new birth"? Our new birth occurs at the the time of our anointing and it is at the point when God anoints us and fills us with His Holy Spirit that we are quite literally in a spiritual sense, born again.

How does the new birth change us? We become righteous. As John says, in 3:9 "Those who have been born of God do not sin, because God's seed abides in them; they cannot sin because they have been born of God" I don't think that this means that instantly we become sinless like Christ, but because of our anointing with the Holy Spirit, when we do sin, we are instantly able to recognise that sin and act on it. In that way, at our new birth, we have begun on a journey which will, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, lead to us becoming righteous and ultimately walking in Christ's footsteps.

We are children since he created us and fills us by the Comforter day by day. This new birth isn't physical but it is a new creation when we step from the world into the Heavenly realm. My whole mind, body, and spirit changed me into a soft, loving, and God loving person.