JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. God's Seed and Habitual Sin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of the presence of the Holy Spirit like an alarm system. He senses intrusion and dangers that went undetected prior to "installation". And when threats to the indwelling holy nature of God are discerned, He is the alarm that begins to command attention and urge action.

***BEWARE!***REDIRECT!***DANGER!***RETHINK!***INTRUDER!***WARNING!***STOP!***

SUBMIT to God so you can RESIST the devil, who will tuck-tail and flee
(James 4:7).

RUN from anything that usurps God's place in your heart.
(1 Corinthians 10:14).

LIFT YOUR SHIELD OF FAITH to protect against the darts of fear
(Ephesians 6:16).

WIELD THE SWORD OF TRUTH to deflect the lies of the enemy
(Ephesians 6:17).

PRAY at all times with joy and gratitude in order to stand against temptation
(Matthew 26:41; Philippians 4:4-6).

The Holy Spirit will be on guard to give new sensitivity and recognition of sin. He calls attention to the need for action against it and shows us how to overcome through His Word.

Often, our problem is that we're not used to all that alarm over things we used to tolerate or do before without concern. Or we're so entrenched in habit that we're unwilling to listen. Or maybe we still like that previously enjoyable unholy thing. But it won't be the same now as a Christian. If the seed of truth and holiness truly dwells within, a person will become more and more uncomfortable in things of the old nature as the spiritual alarm is sounded and sin's peril is recognized. Then as we listen and obey the Spirit's convicting and prompting, more of God's holiness takes root and the weeds of our old nature have less appeal. An old saying is "we'll never be sinless, but we will sin less". Our desires will change and we will increasingly want to battle personal sin. When the weeds are starved and dug up by the roots one by one, each will eventually die. This process of the Spirit's work in a believer to reveal sin and put it to death in order to grow the righteous character of Christ is sanctification.

The presence of God's seed in us heightens our consciences. We can feel the Holy Spirit's leading--away from what is not righteous. The new nature which does not sin is sometimes overtaken by our flesh--the old nature. In this battle the H.S. guides us & we ultimately choose which way we will go. If the Holy Spirit is in us, it is impossible to be a habitual sinner.

Acknowledges that we are not slaves to the old nature and that we have a choice we can make to confess & repent & continue in the sanctifying process (completed when Jesus returns!) Also, the H.S. prays for us when we cannot.

When Gods Seed is present in us, we Do not want to go against Gods wishes, We try hard not to sin.That is not always easy, we have to work hard at it.when we keep praying and praising God we feel very close to him, and it is easier not to sin.

The Holy spirit is within us, It helps us to fight these battles.And encourages us.The more we win the easier it is to not repeat sins. Because we love God we want to live in his peace.

when we are born again His Spirit comes to live within us and we are unable to live and do as we please as we did in the past. His Spirit is a witness in our lives to live a life pure as He is pure. What we did before is not as easy as it was. We must continue to seek more of Him and cont to build our relationship . As a Born again Christian our life has been made new....like Him

Q4. (1 John 3:6, 9) How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin? How does the Holy Spirit sanctify us and make us like Jesus?

The Holy Spirit renews us. Action is a sign as is life of a persistant upright person. Jesus is not sin so as long as we have him and repent we will be santified.

Q4. (1 John 3:6, 9) How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin? How does the Holy Spirit sanctify us and make us like Jesus?

I believe that once we are reborn of the Spirit we are " Not able to sin" in essence this means we are not able to sin without a knowledge of the fact that we are sinning. The Spirit convicts us of all that is lawlessness and therefore we are aware of our sins, it is this spiritual awareness that leads us into repentance of our sins, and into the full realization of Gods will for our lives, and the price that Jesus paid to redeem us from our sins. For this I commit my life to the Lord and constantly praise Him as King and Savior of my life. Thank You Lord for enduring separation from the Father in my stead for my sins, in Your darkest hour. Amen.

This is so cool! God's Spirit does our fighting for us! When a sin is before us, it is the Spirit that fights with our flesh, and compels us to do the right thing! Hello! I got it, finally! Anyway, the Spirit will let us know when we are about to make a mistake, and He tells us when and why we sould repent. He keeps us on the striaght and narrow. We are constantly moving toward being made like Jesus! I gotta go shout! Bye!

Q4. (1 John 3:6, 9) How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin?

The Holy Spirit strengthens our confidence and our faith to be obedient to the will of God. Just like when Yahowah God whom the Bible clearly tells us is Spirit, lead Moses and the Hebrews out of Egypt. We are led by the Spirit. He didnt lead them out of slavery to place them back into slavery which many mis-read or mis-understand regarding the law. He led them out because He had made a covenant with Abraham; that in him, all the families of the earth should be blessed. This means all the families of the earth, not just Israelites, Jews or Gentiles. He gave His law and statutes to receive the material and spiritual blessings, but it was through His Son Yahushua who became the perfect Lamb of God that we might gain eternal life. It was through Gods seed, of His Son, that we would receive His seed, the gift of the Holy Spirit to lead us through, to teach us the new Covenant which God spoke through the prophet Jeremiah.

31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

How does the Holy Spirit sanctify us and make us like Jesus?

He leads us to truth. We must be readily available to be taught by the Holy Spirit and not by man as was spoken by the prophet. With the Spirit of God Yahowah now available to whom is called, the principles of love that the law expressed is now being written into the heart of those who have repented of breaking/ transgressing the law. This is the central promise from the New Covenant.

What is sin? That definition is found in scripture: Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 1 John 3:4

I like what Dr. Wilson says: "The idea is that since God's seed, the Holy Spirit, dwells within you, you are prevented from continuing habitually in sin. The Holy Spirit strives against your sinful nature (Galatians 5:16-17), so that your sinful nature doesn't have full sway any longer." This made me think about the following verse. "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,..." Jude 1:24 (KJV)

How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin?

With God's seed there is a purity in us, and we can tell when we do wrong because it stands out like a sore thumb against the purity.

The holy Spirit gives us the strength to correct ourselves when we do wrong and slowly but surely we become more and more like Jesus.

In Christ was no sin. Anyone that abide in Christ do not continues to practice sin. We can not act like the devil, and at the same time be a disciple of God. To be born of God is to be renewed by the Spirit of God.

Q4. (1 John 3:6, 9) How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin?

The Holy spirit is like an internal monitor, warning, admonishing, recalling God's Word to our remembrance, giving the way of escape (if we CHOOSE it), bringing former consequences of previous sin to our mind, always gently, never arbitrary, so the free will is still ours to decide to sin or not.

The Holy Spirit purifies us by the Truth of God's Word. (John 17:17)

The Holy Spirit consecrates us to be Obedient to Jesus Christ, in freeing us from fears, agitating passions, and moral conflicts, by His Grace. (1 Pet.1:2)

In other words, the Holy Spirit leads us away from sin and toward the development of Jesus' character in us. He is our ever present Helper and Shepherd.

'God seed'in us refers to the Holy Spirit who is given at conversion. He wars against sin in us and thereby helps us to fight sin. Thus the Holy Spirit sanctifies us, by helping us to remain righteous.

Q4. (1 John 3:6, 9)

How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin?

Jesus promised to dwell in the one who loves Him. He said

The Holy Spirit is our guide and teacher He leads us and is our conscience when we are tempted. He is grieved when we fall short and lets us know that we are falling short. He brings scripture to our memory that we have read and learned. He keeps our focus on Jesus reminding us of what Jesus did for us and how He is our Saviour and Lord.

How does the presence of God's seed in us keep us from habitual lawlessness and sin? The Holy Spirit

Q4. (1 John 3:6, 9)

smile.gifGod's seed in us helps to avoid habitual sinning. Because of our sinful nature, we do sin but the Holy Spirit living in us gives us the strength to repent and not sin habitually.

The Holy Spirit living in a child of God gives us the strength to repent and avoid habitual sin. We can strive each day with the help of the Holy Spirit to live a life more like Jesus.smile.gif

We all sin. It is our nature. But those who have Spirit in them, who are born again of Spirit reject sin and act according to the presence of that Spirit. They seek to let the Spirit guide their actions. The key word is habitual I think. I pray that God will allow me to feel Spirit continuously, to be open to His gift inside me. Sometimes I fail. Probably every day. But I feel Spirit and will seek to do what I know is right by asking for guidance and light for my path. I do this through prayer, and try to acknowledge and be thankful for God's abiding presence.

When I became a born again believer in Christ Jesus my Lord and saviour, the holy spirit took up residence in me, the old easy habits of the old man where no longer easy to do.

The old man is dead a new creation lives in his place, my daily companion and friend is Jesus He keeps me out of all sorts of trouble.

Oh! What a Saviour that He died for me.

We who have God in us do not commit habitual sin. It would be wrong to assume that once we are a Christian that we are sinless. We do strive to do better but we are of a sinful nature. Since we walk with Christ then the sins that we would have committed are driven away.It is our way then to aim, to try, to do the best we can, to allow the Holy Spirit in us to change us so we can be more like Christ. MORE OF CHRIST LESS OF ME!Since we are Gods` children,He corrects us, lets us know when we are doing wrong. We do have to listen, be attentive. God is always here, He does talk to us in one way or another. We were set free thru Christ and the Holy Spirit is in us to help us,to keep us from doing wrong, to guide us teach us for this is Christ living in us. The more we walk with Him the more we change.Each day, each step gets easier, not to say there are not bad days, but the Holy Spirit is there to help. Thanks be to God. :D )

To me keep means to hinder, the Holy Spirit has taken occupation within me, He is there for my good, reminding me who I am in Christ and who I am to be in Christ, reminding me, the Father is holy and it is because He sent His Son to redeem me from sins power over me, I am to put to practice God