JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Jesus Is God in the Flesh

Q1. (1 John 4:1-3) Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important? Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that? What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours? What significance does it bring to the crucifixion and to the resurrection? What is the significance for your Christian life?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believing that Jesus was God in the flesh is not just important, it is critical. If the Son of God did not come to earth in human flesh (secure in His identity but setting aside His divinity for that time, according to Philippians 2:6-7), then the atonement for human sin is not legal before the LORD. Satan wants us to doubt and disbelieve that Jesus was Christ in the flesh because then we won't ever "confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead [so that] you will be saved" (Romans 10:9). That, of course, is the only way for salvation from sin and redemption by God to Himself. This rejection of Jesus as the Son of God who came to earth as the Son of Man is the spirit of antichrist.

The Spirit of God that led Jesus through a physical life of holiness is the same Spirit of God that Christ has now sent to dwell within every believer. As the Son of Man completely submitted to the Holy Spirit, He experienced and overcame the same temptations, challenges, and heartbreaks that we face. Through the cross, He took on and defeated every conceivable human iniquity and shame, while His body endured the reality of brutal physical torture and death. The resurrection proved that He made it through all that without a single lapse in holiness and no trace of rebellion against the Father. And now through His Spirit, He has planted the seed of His holiness in us! The victory He secured is now available to the redeemed, not just the eternal victory over death but also the practical victories over temptation and sin in our daily lives. When we abide in Him and walk in the Spirit, we are "more than conquerers"!

Q1. (1 John 4:1-3) Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important? Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that? What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours? What significance does it bring to the crucifixion and to the resurrection? What is the significance for your Christian life?

Without belief through faith there is no true Christ-like. We must believe the whole Christ is God and the Word. Satan hates God so much he attacks us by trying to make us dibelieve. The crucification isn't as important as the rising again for this is the true Easter. The signifance for my Christian life is knowing where I am going and who I will see when I go up with Jesus, but mainly I have a constant joy of knowing there is more than this after I depart from this world.

The real question is: was Jesus divine?

Satan wants us to believe that Jesus was not divine but just a prophet/ a liar/ mentally ill.

He had to come in the flesh to experience what it feels like to be human.

He had to die to take our sins away.

He had to resurrect to prove He is stronger than death.

Muhammad really acted in the spirit of the antichrist.

Because of him, moslims claim a. that Jesus was just a prophet and b. that He didn't die.

(In stead of Him, God alledgedly put somebody else at the cross.)

I.e. they neglect He was divine.

The bottom line here is this-the word of God is true. The word says that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. And He is God. Jesus came in the flesh, born of a virgin. I am not going to argue with God! Either you believe or you don't.

God can do anything He wants to. He is all-powerful! He sent His Son to live in flesh, because He wanted a pure sacrifice for you and me. This sacrifice went through the same things that we go through. He knows how we feel. God wanted things done a certain way, because He is God, and He rules, people! He is all of it, and we are here because He wants us to be! Gloray!

I know that my Savior lives, and He intercedes FOR me. I can not make it through the day-any day-if I thought for one minute that God was not in control! There are just too many bad people in certain areas that should not be there. There are too many people that have a good life, and they don't even know that they are not in control of it-it was given to them. They are ungrateful. But I know that my God reins, and I am in His right hand, and there is no condemnation, because Jesus came and lived in complete obedience to His Father. Gloray! I mean, we are all blessed, and that is because God loves us, and sent His Son to die for us! Praise His Holy Name! It just doesn't get any better than that! If you're going through a hard time right now, don't worry! God is in control!

[*]Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important? Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that?If Jesus didn't come in the flesh, the trials where He was tempted by Satan, were not trials at all.

If Jesus didn't come in the flesh, he would not have felt the weight of sin and His isolation from the Father on the cross.

If Jesus didn't come in the flesh, then His role of the unblemished lamb was a fraud.

If Jesus didn't come in the flesh, then there is no hope for us ... and isn't that where Satan wants us ... doubting in Christ.

[*]What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours?There are many. Foremost, Jesus left His glory behind to serve us; to be born in an animal trough to peasants; to grow up as a Jewish laborer, and after waiting thirty years in a sin filled world, to begin His ministry where he was ridiculed, spurned, persecuted, betrayed by a close friend, and put to death by those He served. And through it all, led by the Holy Spirit, He lived a perfect, sinless life

SATAN WANTS US TO THINK THAT JESUS WAS NOT DIVINE SO HE QUESTIONS WHETHER JESUS REALLY CAME IN THE FLESH, OR DID HE JUST COME IN SPIRIT FORM? I PERSONALLY KNOW MOSLEMS WHO SAY JESUS WAS JUST A GOOD MAN, BUT HE NEVER DIED ON THE CROSS; THAT HE WAS JUST A PROPHET.BUT HE DID COME AS A HUMAN, BORN OF A VIRGIN, LIVED A PURE, PERFECT LIFE,DIED AT AGE THIRTY THREE BY CRUCIFIXION, AND ROSE AGAIN ON THE THIRD DAY.AND HE LAID DOWN HIS LIFE FOR US; IT WASNT TAKEN FROM HIM.IF THE DEVIL CAN GET PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIDNT COME IN THE FLESH, THEN THE CRUCIFIXION BECOMES A SYMBOLIC ONE AND NOT REAL.BUT THE DEVIL IS A LIAR, BECAUSE ELEVEN YEARS AGO, WHEN TWENTY SOMETHING DOCTORS GAVE UP ON ME AND ALL HUMAN HOPE WAS GONE, I :P SURRENDERED MY LIFE TO CHRIST, GAVE UP MY OLD RELIGION, AND HE GLORIOUSLY HEALED, SAVED AND DELIVERED ME. THAT'S HOW I PERSONALLY KNOW HE IS REAL; HE IS ALIVE AND WELL AND COMING BACK SOON. PRAISE GOD!!

All of the gospel hinges on Jesus being God in the flesh. Satan doesn't want us to believe that to mislead people & keep them from salvation.

Jesus, as God, had the power to come to earth as a human being, and not just a human being, but a perfect, sinless, human being. He could have been crucified, but certainly not resurrected if He weren't God in human flesh. It shows that the plan of salvation was God's idea & God's execution of that plan!

I know it's the truth! I'm saved! I will also be resurrected into eternal life with Jesus! Praise God!

To believe that Jesus was God in the flesh, is to believe in the word of God. He became flesh as foretold throughout the old testament, and in doing so, with His blood redeemed us. This is the foundation of the hope that we have in our salvation.

Without this acknowledgement Satan knows we have no hope for salvation, and he will use any means at his disposal to lead folk astray. This is the reason for the importance of testing the spirits and also for studying the word of God, to enable us to discern among the spirits.

God became flesh in Jesus Christ so that man could relate to the ridicule, the scorning, His suffering and death. In His resurrection we see His deity and our rebirth into an eternal life with the Father. Without Christ there would be no Christians, so all praise and honor be to Him who became like us to enable us to become like Him. Thank you Jesus Lord and Saviour of my life. Amen.

Q1. (1 John 4:1-3)

Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important?

Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that?

What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours?

What significance does it bring to the crucifixion and to the resurrection?

What is the significance for your Christian life?

The death of the body of Christ was necessary to pay for our sins. If this did not happen, then our salvation is null and void. Satan wants us to deny the humanity of Jesus Christ, by doing this we lose our salvation. The belief about Jesus being the incarnate Son of God is the whole basis of our Christian faith. Jesus took on humanity that He might die with all our sins; He gave His life that we might have life.

Foundational faith is based on the true fact that Jesus Christ the man is the Son of God and is co equal with God. Matthew 1:23 tells us that He is Emmanuel, God with us, 1 Timothy 3: 16 ..Mystery of Godliness.

The devil is a lair from the beginning and would want all to believe that Jesus was just a man ..one who would die and stay dead, but we know that we have a risen Lord a redeeming Saviour.

Our Father God demonstrated to all that Jesus is His Son by His glorious resurrection from the dead, was the question not asked, Why? seek ye the living among the dead, He is not here but He has risen.

Oh! What a Saviour

We must believe that Jesus is the Christ to be saved and we must be willing to confess that Romans 10-9,10. Satan wants us to fail to be lost and if we fail to acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ then satan wins and we lose. Jesus had to live out a divine life in the flesh to be our perfect sacrifice, the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. He had to over come the crucifixion and be resurrected to over come death and its hold on us without Jesus we would still be dead in our sins. The significance for our christian life is that Jesus is Lord of our life and without Him we can do nothing. We must believe that He is who He says He is or give our live over to satan and be lost to an eternal destruction.

Believing that Jesus was God in the flesh is the whole foundation to the Christian faith. Without that we have nothing. No one else could save but God Himself.

Satan knows his future and he wants to take as many with him as he can. Sadly he will take many with him. He hates Christ. He is totally evil and cannot stand the love of God. He is darkness and God is light. Satan is anti Christ.

I am not sure how to word this. It is so profound. I would have to say that the implication that Jesus could live out His divine life in a human body meant that He could overcome death as the sinless Lamb of God which is why He was sent.

The significance it brings to the crucifixion and to the resurrection was to be the firstfruits of many. "For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die even so In Christ all shall be made alive".

The significance for my Christian life is that it is based on the a firm foundation and that I too can walk the Christian walk through the power of the Holy Spirit and I have an eternal future secured for me in heaven. It is everything!!

"The sting of death is sin and the strength of sin is the law. BUT THANKS BE TO GOD WHO GIVES US THE VICTORY THROUGH OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST."

God Bless!!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

If we don't believe in Jesus that He was God in the flesh than what purpose do we have here on this side except to die and go to hell. Satan want us to believe that because he knows that once we not only believe that but nothing else can prove it different then we have the opportunity to live eternal with Him in Heaven. Jesus came to live out Him live as human to teach us that He is the way, the truth and the life anyone that believe in Him should take up His/Her cross and follow Him. He lead the way now we must follow if and only if we truly believe and I pray that we all do. He died on the cross for All of our sin and it is our choice to choose to live are die. I understand that without Christ in my life then the Holy Spirit cannot reside in me. I thank God for the gift of discernment against all things that is not pleasing or not of God that is things that is of the evil one.

It is very important because through this belief we understand the real dimension of Love of God to mankind. God, compassionate for mankind lost in their sins, wants to rescue them through Christ. But, only the one who will believe in Jesus Christ as the Lord, God and Saviour will get benefit from the rescue plan.

Satan knows and understands very well God

Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important? Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that? What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours? What significance does it bring to the crucifixion and to the resurrection? What is the significance for your Christian life?

Jesus experienced life on earth and yet lived a divine life, with his help I can aspire to be like him. I am filled with an optimism, a positive expectation of God

It is important to believe that God was made flesh , walked amongst us in his humanity yet was divine .

By coming in the flesh he was able to experience all the temptations that we experience in our human flesh.yet he was without sin.

Jesus was able to identify with us in our humanity, because he came to earth in the flesh and lived out human experiences but without the sinful nature.

The crucifixion is just as important as the resurrection.

Jesus laid down his life for us taking on our sinful nature and the sins of the whole world.

Because of this selflessness we now have an advocate with the Father.

If there hadn't been a crucifixion there would have been no resurrection.

Satan simply refuses to accept that Jesus has won the victory and he is a defeated foe.

The significance for my own walk with God is that I know he understands suffering and therefore when I am experiencing the difficulties of life I know he can relate to them and I can talk to Him knowing he understands my pain, and also celebrate with me the Joys.

Q1 We believe that Jesus is truly the incarnation of God in the flesh and like Simon

we know that this is not revealed to us by our flesh and blood but rather by God's

Spirit living in us. (Matthew 16:16) God's Spirit is alive and working within us.

Satan the destroyer always wanted to poison our minds and confused us about God

and His teachings. He knows we are of the flesh and are weak and easily fallen

if we are not strong in our faith.

At Christmas, Jesus was born in the flesh through Mary (flesh), a maiden chosen

by God together with her spouse, the Holy Spirit who is divine. Therefore Jesus

is both human and at the same time divine.

For the whole passion, Jesus endured sufferings and humiliation from the scourging,

the crowning with thorns, the carrying of His cross to Calvary and finally His

crucifixion. He did all these to fulfill God's will and to save mankind from

all their sins. As human He bore it in silence and endured the torture for the

love of us. In the resurrection, Jesus showed His triumphed over evil, the

glorious victory the divine nature of God revealed.

It is through all these, we as believers will follow after Christ and be resurrected

and have a sure hope of a place in the kingdom of heaven prepared for us by Jesus

our Lord. Our Christian life is the sure promise of the new Jerusalem and the joy

which we will one day inherit and celebrate with Christ Jesus.

It is very and truly important the we believe the Jesus was Christ in the flesh becasue our true foundation is Jesus. We confess and believe in our heart the Jesus is Christ in the flesh. He took on our sins which is hard for some to believe. How blessed are those that believe. Satan want us to believe this in impossibe that Jesus in the flesh can take on the sins of the world, die and rise again for those that believe. Believeing that He did is our salvation and Satan wants eternal death for all of us.

Q1. (1 John 4:1-3) Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important?

To deny that Jesus is God in the flesh, is to deny that Scripture is the inspired Word of God, our foundation....

In Gen. 1:1 the word for God is Elohim: Triune God...Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In V. 26, God said, Let US (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness," etc.

Col. 1:15-19, He (Jesus) Himself existed before all things, and in Him all things consist, cohere, are held together. He is the exact likeness of the unseen God (the visible representation of the invisible) In Him (Jesus) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, things seen and things unseen, whether thrones, dominions, rulers, or authorities; all things were created and exist through Him and in and for Him. It pleased the Father that all the divine fullness, the sum total of the divine perfection, powers and attributes, should dwell in Him, (Jesus) permanently." It was this Jesus who was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit and was born in a manger...who lived, was crucified, buried and was resurrected from the dead.

Jesus fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law, of prophecy which foretold of His coming, his death, burial and resurrection.

Satan wants us to believe that Jesus is a mere man, who was a good person, but is no different from us...therefore has no power to save us from Satan's grasp and a future of eternity in hell. He has been successful in every cult and false religion to promote this, even though some try to sound like the Gospel, by changing the meaning of words. (My Father in Law's cult Bible, an "official" church KJV publication given to missionaries, has a large section in the middle which "explains" what verses like these "actually" mean, as well as John 3:16, etc. revised through the doctrine of the Church in Utah. For cults, Salvation is achieved through works, not through the shed blood of Jesus, because they have believed Satan's lies.

What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours?

It means that though I am flesh and blood with a fallen nature, in Him, I'm a new creature in Christ, and as I rely on His strength, I have the ability to choose not to sin, where before salvation, I was a hopeless sinner with no way out of my dilemma apart from Jesus.

It means that God Himself, in the second person of the Trinity, came to earth in the body of a baby, lived a perfect, sinless life, laid it down as the only sacrifice worthy to atone for my sins and the sins of the world, past, present and future, then rose from the dead, and ascended into Heaven, from whence He came, securing eternal life for all who believe in Him.

I was taught early on to follow Jesus example when He asked people "Who do you say that I am?" It's a good question to ask churches, religious groups etc. "Who do you say Jesus is?" If the answer is other than who He says He is....God in the flesh......run.

In Him I also died, and now He lives in me, giving me power to overcome sin, never leaving me alone for even a moment. Because He fulfilled the law, I am set free from self effort to try to please Him. I no longer have to fear death, because He overcame the sting of death. His Word says I am even now seated with Him in heavenly places. Though I don't understand this, I believe it, because He cannot lie. Because He lives in me, I can face tomorrow and what is coming upon the world. Because He rose from the dead, I too will rise (if not raptured first!), and will rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years during the millennium when He returns....and after that, eternity with Him. What a glorious future He has secured for His Bride.....Come Lord Jesus!!!!

"2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God." (4:2-3a)

This is the basic issue of the doctrine of incarnation that we celebrate at Christmas: Jesus Christ is God in the flesh -- throughout his human life, from the manger to the cross.

Jesus is God.

It is a revealing of how Jesus suffered and died for our sins but rose again demonstrating that He is God.

This is our hope for eternal life with God.

Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important? If Jesus was not God in the flesh, then He would have been born under the same curse of sin that started with Adam, and thus, could not be the pure sacrifice needed to save the us of our sins.

Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that? If we don

Q1. (1 John 4:1-3) Why is believing that Jesus was God in the flesh so important? Because we are in the flesh and if Yahowah is not in us as a result of all that His Son went through in the flesh, born in the flesh, died in the flesh, raised in the Spirit, then How could we by His Spirit be raised at the end of ages? Yahowah God had to become manifest so that He could destroy the works of the devil. Besides that, it was all spelled out in the genealogy of the family of Adam, their names and what their names mean: Adam -Man, Seth- appointed, Enosh-mortal, Cainan-sorrow, Malhalel- The blessed God, Jared- shall come down, Enoch- teaching, Methuselah - His death shall bring, Lamech- The despairing, Noah- rest/comfort. Now just read the meaning of those names as if you are reading a sentence. Man is appointed mortal sorrow. The blessed God shall come down teaching His death shall bring the despairing, rest and comfort.

Why doesn't Satan want us to believe that? Because He doesnt want people to believe in Yahowah so that He would be looked upon as a liar. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; If we didnt believe that Yahushua was indeed the flesh of God, then how could we believe that the devil has been defeated? Yahushua was the visible of the invisible God of Israel.

What are the implications of the fact that Jesus could live out his divine life in a human body like ours? Well, it gives us someone to measure ourselves by. A goal of sorts, to live and walk to the best of our ability in the flesh, but which can only be achieved by the power of the Spirit, just like Yahushua did. We each have to work out our own salvation and the Holy Spirit guides us on this journey.

What significance does it bring to the crucifixion and to the resurrection? The flesh had to be put to death. Flesh and blood can not enter heaven. Yahushua had to show us this so that we would believe in the resurrection by faith that since we know that it happened to Him, that He died and was resurrected again, so can we.

What is the significance for your Christian life? It is all about faith and belief in Him. Yahowah placed a measure of faith in the heart of man so that we would at least be able to have a tiny bit to build upon. When we read the scriptures and the Holy Spirit moves us to truth and reveals to us what the scriptures say so that we can understand them, then we begin to trust and to lean on Him, by faith, and not on our own human mind because humanity is at war with Yahowah and the carnal mind is working against Him. There is a constant battle going on inside and the Holy Spirit encourages us to keep moving forward to fulfill our purpose and plan that Yahowah God has laid out for each one of us, on our own and as a complete body in unity of the same faith, and the same love.

We believe that Jesus came to live in the flesh, to experience every thing that we have to face, through Our human lives. He was without sin, he is of God. He came to die for our sins,to save us from eternal death.

It is very important that we believe that Jesus was God, who came down to earth as flesh, as a little babe. who grew up and lived as a human But without sin. Who was tortured and beaten, who died for our sins on the Cross of shame, Because he loved us, he took all our sins upon himself. Satan dose not want us to believe in God, Because Satan hates God. He wants us to worship him instead. He wants us to follow him into a life of sin. He will do all he can,to Make us deny Jesus. Satan wants us worship him instead of God,Then he will distroy us with eternal death so that we will not have eternal life with God. If we invite Jesus to come into our lives, he will live in us, and we in him. Then Satan cannot have any hold on us.