JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Praying According to God's Will

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two conditions to answered prayer are that we obediently keep God's commandments in the way that pleases Him (by/with faith, Hebrews 11:6) and that we ask according to His will. Probably the most important way to determine God's will is to know His Word. Anything that compromises or violates His Word will not be His will. Every situation is not addressed specifically in Scripture, but every principle certainly is. We must evaluate the circumstances and weigh the choices in light of those principles. Be open and ask God to show you His option, which may differ entirely from your list. And then wait for the blanket of divine peace that is one of the most important indicators for me. I'm very grateful for the record of Jesus' prayer in Gethsemane that assures me it is OK to struggle with God's will as I work through to accepting it. And something I've had to learn in particular as I've prayed for salvation for people I know - it is important to understand that even when He answers according to His will, it may take a long time to see that answer manifest. That waiting is the time for steadfast faith.

The prayers that will not be answered are those generated from a desire for self-will or self-glory.

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22) How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

Obedience and God's will. Search the Word, and find God's will in there. Never!

Our obedience & His will.

By searching the scriptures and even admitting we don't really know what His will is in the situation--but regardless, that His will be done.

Not very often, I'm afraid.

• What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John?Our obedience and God's will.
  • How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently?God's will is revealed through His Word. When we read and study the Bible, the Holy Spirit aligns our will to His.
  • How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?Uhhhh.... NEVER!

468X60MOUSE.gif

Click HERE to sponsor a child today

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22) How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

Obedience,and God's will. We determine God's will by studing His word and doing what He tells us through it. We pray in the same way following the pattern Jesus set for us making our request known to God and then giving thanks for them no matter what the answer. I believe that when we have selfish motives, praying to achieve our own will we probably will seldom see a favorable answer. God alone can judge the heart so what we might deem as selfish may be in line with God's will for someone else and maybe answered.

What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22.)

Our obedience (3:22) God's will (5:14)

How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently?

First we need to search the scripture, for His will is made plain there on many things. Secondly, when we need to pray as Christ did in the garden, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." (Luke 22:42)

How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

Never. Prayer is never intended to cajole God into giving in to our desires. Rather, prayer is about seeking him and his will with the intent of seeing his will come to pass in our lives.

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22)

Our obedience and God's will.

We ask Him what His will is, which most of the time is revealed in Scripture....

Last week this is what happened to me in prayer.....my sister in law is in a cult in Utah. She believes that people at the Temple in SLC are the only ones who can pray effectively. We visited her in Aug. and she had just taken sick while we were there. She was diagnosed with cancer and was undergoing extensive tests to determine how far it had progressed. I've been praying for her salvation for many years, and when this diagnosis came, I prayed there would be no cancer, because the scripture tells us to pray for healing, and it tells us that God's goodness leads us to repentance....Last week, I said Lord, what's wrong in her body? What does she have?....and l heard in my spirit "pernicious anemia"....what???? I Googled it to see what in the world it is, and saw that every symptom she has is caused by that illness. I waited a couple of days to be sure I'd heard from God and not some other source...then called and told them what I'd heard and encouraged her to ask for tests for this condition. Yesterday my brother called to say the tests came back, and even the bone marrow biopsy show "no cancer", but she's anemic! They're going to ask for tests to be done for pernicious anemia. Now I'm praying the Lord will use this to draw her to Him, because of His goodness and to demonstrate to her that a personal relationship with Christ is what saves us, and that He answers prayer...not faith in a religion.

Several years ago, while at the gym I noticed an elderly lady who spoke broken English, in a panicky dither....I asked someone nearby why she was pacing and so frightened, and was told she just got back from Italy and hadn't been here for awhile. She locked her purse in the locker, but can't remember her combination (we use our own locks), and she has an important appointment and she's going to be late. They've called a locksmith to come and cut the lock off, but they can't come for another half hour. I don't usually think to pray in this way, but as I did about my sister in law, I prayed, Lord, what is her locker combination? I heard "10-32-4"...I nearly fell off of the machine I was using. I started to tell her but then thought what If that wasn't the the Lord....I'll go try it first. In the locker room there are dozens of lockers, in two levels, and I had no idea which locker she was using, but prayed again and the Lord pointed to one in the corner on the second level. I tried the combination and it popped open!. I locked it again and went to find her, and explained that the Lord loves her and knows her predicament and that I'd seen her worrying and asked Him to tell me her combination....we went into the locker room and I opened it for her. She started to cry and said "I want to know your God, like you do...I've been reading new age books to try to find him"....We went into the empty shower room and I had the privilege of leading her to Him in the salvation prayer....Awesome, isn't He???

How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

Never, if our will violates the will of God.

3:22 If we obey Him.

5:14 If the request is confrom His will.

We read the Bible.

We can let the Spirit guide us - but how this is done, I don't know.

He always answers.

If it is no against His will, maybe the answer is how we want it to be.

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15)

The two conditions to answered prayer are that we obey His commands and pray according to His will. Obeying God is never done under compulsion or for the purpose of receiving rewards. Our obedience is done with a cheerful heart that expresses gratitude. God

What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22.) Obedience and God

Q3 'Obedience and God's will." These are the two conditions needed to answered prayer.

When we approach God in prayer and submit our petitions to Him, it must be according

to His will. We only have to believe that our prayers will be answered. God the

father knows our every needs and will grant our petitions according to His will and

His time. As a father, He knows what is right and fitting for us, for God's ways are

not man's ways. As an obedient child of God, all we need is to believe that God loves

us and will answer our prayers according to His ways and not ours.

When our motive is to achieve our will, then our prayers will go unanswered. For

God attends to our needs and not our wants. If it is going to be our will then we

do not need God any more. By our will, we are actually bending God's hands and this

is not what a child of God should do.

our obedience and God's will. Prayer is about seeking him and his will for our lives and as his followers so if you are in his will go before him boldly knowing that he listens to his children.

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22) First; obedience to His commandments and doing what pleases Him (3:22) and second; asking things in accordance with His will (5:14).

How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? By reading the Bible, by following the guidance of the Holy Spirit within us and by prayer.

How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will? The main motive of our prayers should never be our own will, or we are not in full contact with God. That is not to say that our own will and God's will never coincide, and in fact as we grow in faith and spiritual maturity, they will coincide more and more often, but always the starting point for our prayers should be Gods' will ("Thy will be done" as we say in the Lord's prayer). The words of Jesus in Luke 22:42 are an inspiration here. I am sure that Jesus knew what God's will was when He said these words. I am also sure that if there could have been some other way to achieve God's will Jesus would have preferred to not go through the agonies which He was to suffer. I think that what He is saying here is I know that this is going to be terrible, but I also know your will, and I submit to your will. I need to be prepared to put God's will first, whatever the cost.

• Q3. (1 John 5:14-15)
  • What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22)
  • 1. Our obedience (3:22)
  • 2. God's will (5:14)

• How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently?

We study scripture to know what God desires and we pray that God will lead us in know His will.

• How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

They may or not be answered according to what God desires but it is not pleasing to God for us to pray for our will and not God's will.

A/ What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22.)

Obedience and God

Q3.(1 John 5:14-15)

The two conditions for answered prayer are:

1.That

The two conditions for answered prayers are:

1. Obedience to God.

2. Praying according to his will.

We can determine God's will through his Word, the Bible. Another way though rare, is when we ask him to speak to us directly in person. We can also find God's will through the counsel of experienced true Christians.

Our prayers that are not according to his will may not be answered.

Two conditions for answered prayers are:

Our obedience

God's will

How do we determine God's will? We learn through experiences with Him and we learn from His Word what His will is. Then we can pray boldly because we know we are asking for something in His will and He will be in agreement and answer our prayers. Even if I'm not sure what is in His will, (like a physical healing for a person etc.)I ask God to heal them, yet pray that I'm submitted to what He has planned for that person. And if a prayer is long term and seemingly not answered, I ask Him to help me be patient as He answers in His own timing and His own way. (That may look different than how I thought He would answer.)

If the motive is to attain our own will, I may not get an answer to the prayer, but I do receive grace in my prayer and the conviction of understanding why. I also receive help to learn of a better way to pray for the circumstance and grow in my trust in Him as He shows me a better way to pray or to live.

The two conditions are that we keep His commandments and do His will. When I pray I pray from my heart and what comes from my heart is what the Lord would want me to pray about,or for whom ever. The Holy Spirit will reveal to me wheather it is of Gods will or my own selve wants. Without including God in my motives they do not come about, and if they do it is with a price, usually hardship,annoyance difficulty. So take it all to the Lord and ask Him to show you and He will. :rolleyes:

TWO CONDITIONS TO ANSWERED PRAYER ARE OUR OBEDIENCE TO GOD AND PRAYING ACCORDING TO HIS WILL.WE CAN DETERMINE GOD'S WILL BY WHAT HE SAYS IN HIS WORD.ONCE WE KNOW HIS WILL, WE CAN COME BOLDLY TO THE THRONE WITH OUR PETITIONS KNOWING HE WILL HEAR AND ANSWER US.I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR LOST FAMILY MEMBERS FOR YEARS NOW ACCORDING TO ACTS 16:31- WHICH SAYS BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED AND YOUR HOUSEHOLD.SO I KNOW THAT'S HIS WILL FOR MY LOVED ONES , BUT AT TIMES I HAVE GROWN DISCOURAGED AND HAVENT BEEN PRAYING BOLD PRAYERS LIKE I USED TO BECAUSE I THINK I HAVE GROWN WEARY.BUT BECAUSE I KNOW IT'S HIS WILL, I CONTINUE TO STAND IN THE GAP FOR THEM.IF MY MAIN MOTIVE IN PRAYER IS TO ACHIEVE MY OWN WILL, GOD IS NOT OBLIGATED TO ANSWER MY PRAYER.

When we submit ourselves to the will of God and are obedient to His commands,it is only then that we will find our prayers being answered. Gods word is full of revelation of His will and as we grow in faith and are led by the Holt Spirit we start to see Gods will for our lives unfold. As we allow the love of God to flow into and through our lives His will becomes all the more apparent, and living in obedience to His commands becomes a blessing in itself.

Trying to live by our own rules or those of the world, to achieve our will, we find ourselves drifting around aimlessly. It is at these times that our prayers and petitions to God go unanswered

When we are truly living in accordance with His will and pray for that which is His will we can be sure of an answer. The only thing to remember is that His ways are not our ways and sometimes, maybe even often the answerers we get are not in line with what we expected. But always remember that prayer in accordance to His will will always be answered in a way that will ultimately bring glory to His name and benefit us. Amen!

1 Our obedience

2 His Will

We determine God's will though His Word and also through the Spirit. We need to know His Word if we want to pray according to His will and the Spirit will never have us do anything contrary to His Word.

Not too often unless He uses it to have His will done. We should pray for His glory in everything. I believe He loves to answer that prayer and we should love it also.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

Q3. (1 John 5:14-15) What are the two conditions to answered prayer in 1 John? (See also 3:22.) How do we determine God's will so that we can pray boldly, confidently? How often will our prayers be answered when our main motive is to achieve our will?

The emphasis here is on God