JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Creator of Angelic and Demonic Realms

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no power in all of creation, whether in the natural or the supernatural realm, that is above the unmatched power of the Creator. They are all subject to His supreme authority and are for His purposes and will. They may require our respect, but we do not have to fear them.

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world
(1John 4:4).

If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8:31)

Let us pray with confidence in Christ, who maintains and holds all things together for His glory!

Jesus is supreme over all created things in heaven and on earth both physical and spiritual. Hebrews chapter 1 confirms the supremacy of Christ, echoes Colossians in proclaiming His authority over all of creation, and verifies His unique relationship with God and His eternal qualities. Therefore, we should fear nothing brought about by human authorities; and pray only to the One who is the Author of creation. He loves us unconditionally and has the power to answer our prayers according to His will.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." – Rom 8:38-39.

Q3. (Colossians 1:16) "Thrones," "powers," "rulers," "principalities," "authorities," etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions. What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus? How should this affect our fear of them? How should it affect our prayers?

This passage teaches us that by so that by the comparison of most excellent spirits, we may understand how far surpassing the Excellency of Christ is, in whom alone we have to content ourselves with, and let go of all angels.

Q3. (Colossians 1:16) "Thrones," "powers," "rulers," "principalities," "authorities," etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions. What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus? How should this affect our fear of them? How should it affect our prayers?

Jesus made everything. Therefore, He has dominion over these things. When we pray, one of the things that we should include in our prayers is the request to be guided by the Spirit of God, so that the demonic dominions can't get a hold of us.

We struggle with unseen powers that seek their own wills.They are all subject to the will of God and have no power except that which He allows.They can not oppose Our Lord directly.They try to use us against our Lord,thereby destroying us in the process.We are mere tools and weapons to them.They seek to deceive us and turn us against our God,making us worthless,even in our own eyes.Their strength is illusion and deceit.Their habitation: darkness.Their fate: damnation.Our job: Love the Lord our God with all our heart,soul,spirit and mind;and give Him thanks !

Hi, I don't understand the angel-thing.

I've read about Gabriel (Daniel + Luke 1), some seraphs (Isaiah 6), Michael (Revelations) and some anonymous angels - all with a specific assignment.

Now the devil and demons are the angels who committed mutiny.

They seem to be walking around the world all the time, looking for somebody to inspire with bad thoughts (Ef. 6:12; 1 Peter 5:8).

Does anybody know any verses in the Scriptures about angels inspiring us with good thoughts?

Or is this just the job of the Spirit?

I can't answer this question because I just don't understand.

Please feel free to contact me.

Marloes

The angels serve Jesus.

The demons don't serve Jesus and will be punished for that.

At the end, He's the strongest.

So we don't have to be afraid for the devil.

He can other people have to kill our bodies but he can't take away our heavenly reward.

Q3 As clearly stated in Col.1:16 that all things irrespective of Thrones, powers,

rulers, principalities, authorities etc are created by Him and for Him. As creator

He has all power and authority over all of them.

If Jesus is for us who can be against us. As Paul said in Romans 8: 39-30:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither

the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything

else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in

Christ Jesus our Lord."

We should always spend time in prayer, seeking Jesus guidance and strength.

Q3. (Colossians 1:16) “Thrones,” “powers,” “rulers,” “principalities,” “authorities,” etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions. What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus? How should this affect our fear of them? How should it affect our prayers?

God created all things therefore has power/supremacy over all those things including Satan that he threw out of heaven.

We need to keep our prayers God-centered, asking for his guidance, and surrendering to his will in/for our lives.

Q3. (Colossians 1:16)

"Thrones," "powers," "rulers," "principalities," "authorities," etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions.

What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus?

How should this affect our fear of them?

How should it affect our prayers?

We read here about Christ

Jesus is supreme over every power. By Him everything was made in Heaven and on Earth. Every throne, power, ruler or authority are created and in place for His will to be done. At the name of Jesus they either bow or are made to bow.

When we belong to His Kingdom, we have no fear of demonic powers because they have no power over Jesus or over His Kingdom. We have no fear of circumstances when it seems in this world that evil things are winning. We are told sometimes we will have trouble in this world, but Jesus has overcome the world. Wait upon the Lord! Wait upon the Lord and He will deliver you! He is for us, not against us. He is our light and our Salvation! Whom shall we fear?

When we have trials, when we have temptations, when we face daunting circumstances and we ask where does our help come from....we KNOW our help is in the name of the Lord who made Heaven and Earth! The battle belongs to the Lord. Victory is in Jesus! There is none like Him! There is power in His name and there is power in His blood. We pray in the power of the name of Jesus, that His will be done in every circumstance. We pray the power and protection of His blood over our families and loved ones. We pray the power of Jesus over us and in us before we even go into circumstances we are unsure about. Putting on the full armor of God we know that He goes before us, with us and behind us! He has equipped us and trained us for battle! And, I do pray that the Angel of the Lord will ride out in the Spiritual realm and do battle with His Heavenly Army against the principalities and the demonic to do battle for whomever I am offering prayer for to protect, keep or restore them in His name. For everything is a spiritual battle. And Jesus already won!

"Thrones," "powers," "rulers," "principalities," "authorities," etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions. What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus? How should this affect our fear of them? How should it affect our prayers?

from this passage, i know that Jesus is above all else. in the Col 1: 16 for by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him... Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given complete authority in heaven and on earth. Mt 28:18

There nothing for us to fear specially toward the authorities because God is in control and in Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall i fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall i be afraid? also in Psalm 23: 4 I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me...

it wouldnt affect our prayers when we hold on God's Word and keep praying no matter in what situation in 1 thess 5:17 pray continually... for God hear our prayer... dont give up in prayers keep on and on believe and God is hearing... Amen

Q3. (Colossians 1:16) "Thrones," "powers," "rulers," "principalities," "authorities," etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions.

What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus?

He is above them all and they were all created to serve Him.

We should not have to fear them for Jesus is the creator and therefore more powerful than them.

We can pray knowing that He can help us to find victory of life

I've read about Gabriel (Daniel + Luke 1), some seraphs (Isaiah 6), Michael (Revelations) and some anonymous angels - all with a specific assignment.

They seem to be walking around the world all the time, looking for somebody to inspire with bad thoughts (Ef. 6:12; 1 Peter 5:8).

Does anybody know any verses in the Scriptures about angels inspiring us with good thoughts?

Marloes

Hi Marloes

My understanding is that the purpose of the angels is simply to glorify God. It is true that on occasions (eg Gabriel to Mary) they deliver messages from God to humans, but their purpose is simply to glorify God and we glorify God along with them. I don't think that they are there to guide us or inspire us, that is what the Holy Spirit was sent for.

In Christ

Paul

Jesus as God is over all things. Jesus created the thrones,rulers,principaliies, authorities etc. They were created by him and for him. The things created whether of man or spritual are for Jesus and exist for him. All these created powers exist only to serve Jesus as God and Savior of man.

In todays world the powers appear to exist only to be self serving and even forget the people they are to serve. The powers seem to have forgotten they owe everything to God. We can pray that reality will set in and the powers of man and the spiritual powers will wake-up and return to serve the creator. We have forgotten God in Government and its allies which must change or it will be changed by God.

Marloes

Great question !

An angel,about to destroy Balaam,has mercy on his faithful donkey,and allows her to speak,somewhat enlightening the greedy and worldly "wise man".An angel speaks with Joshua.Angels speak to shepherds about the birth of Jesus.An angel,about to destroy Jerusalem is spoken to by God,within hearing of king David...I'm afraid my answer isn't worthy of your question,but it is sending me to my bible for further research,and perhaps a better answer.Thanks for the question!

vince

Marloes

I responded to this question in a private message but decided to share it here after I've seen others doing the same. This way we all can participate. biggrin.gif

In Colossians: Angel worship appears to have been part of the Colossian heresy. Apparently, some believed that God was too high and lofty to worship directly and that some of His created beings (angels) would serve as an intermediary. Paul wants to assure them that Jesus is the intermediary and that He is far superior to angels. The writer of Hebrews chapter 1 compares Jesus with angels and comes to the same conclusion. Jesus is supreme. Therefore, there is no reason to fear or revere angels. There is also no reason to pray to anyone other than the One God who is creator of all - in Jesus name, amen!

In other Scriptures: Your question regarding good and bad angels is a little more difficult. I think what Paul says in Colossians and Hebrews (some don't think Paul wrote Hebrews) still applies. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are still superior to the angels when it comes to leading, guiding, protecting, encouraging, teaching, challenging, and a host of other "ings". However, there are a few instances in scripture that seem to indicate that angels are involved in our lives to some extent.

Matthew 18:10-11 – children have angels who "see the face of my Father in heaven."

Acts 12:7-10 – An angel of the Lord helped Peter get out of jail.

Hebrews 1:14 – talks about angels as "ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation."

Matt 4:11 – Angels came and attended Jesus after His temptation

Revelation – The 7 churches in Revelation have angels

1 Tim 5:21 – Angels serve as witnesses

There are probably more but this is a start. Thanks for challenging me to check it out.

Q3. (Colossians 1:16) "Thrones," "powers," "rulers," "principalities," "authorities," etc. probably refer to both earthly as well as angelic and demonic dominions. What does this passage teach about the relation of these powers to Jesus?

One definition for Sovereign I learned as a new believer struggling to understand His Awesome power and might, is "God is the blessed controller of ALL things." Jesus is Lord...over ALL. These thrones, powers, rulers, etc. are His creation, and are subject to His authority and power and were created to serve HIM and His purposes.

Since Jesus delegated His authority over them to us when He left the earth, they are subject to that delegated authority in us in Jesus' name. I respect them but we are not to fear them. Satan is a defeated foe. The demons and other beings who rebelled against His authority in Heaven, were also defeated by His death and shed blood and resurrection. In other words, they are on a short leash, and can do only what they are allowed to do, by their Creator. We are to live "fearlessly free"!!!!!

I'm learning to discern when attacks are coming from them, and are not just circumstances, emotions, etc., and to take authority over them in the name of Jesus, which is the key: In Jesus' Name, they must bow to His authority.