JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Holy and Without Blemish

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin. (Romans 4:7) This was a quote from Psalm 32 where King David professed our sin must be forgiven and covered in order for man to be reconciled to God (pictured to O.T. saints in the animal sacrifices).

The blood of Jesus Christ is the ultimate price for our redemption to God. It is applied as a cover over our nature and deeds of sin when we trust Him as Redeemer. And as we are brought under its righteous cover, we are then "in Him". For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

In Him we are cleansed and purified. In Him we are forgiven and free. In Him we are righteous and redeemed. In Him we are accepted and at peace with God. In Him we are beneficiaries of an inheritance and eternal life. This is all possible because He has covered us with the holiness of His own blood.

The concept of being "in Christ" is a bit like an analogy of my life as a single page within a book. The page is bound in the book as a part of the book, but it is not the book. The concept and story are written into the page, but the page is neither the story nor the author. And the page is enclosed, integrated, protected, and represented by the sturdy cover of the book. When the LORD looks on me in Christ, He sees the irreproachable, holy, unblemished cover of the only "Book" and the story of the Living Word (John 1:1-5) written by the Author of Life (Acts.3:15) in His own blood on the pages, so to speak! What a wonderful Savior!!

Miracle !

Jesus told us that "with God all things are possible".We receive His Grace,through faith.This faith itself is a gift of understanding that transcends all earthly knowledge,all things which can be perceived within the human condition,and is,in itself "evidence of that which can not be seen".How did God create the universe ? (by His Word).How can we,who are sinful, be conformed to the image of His perfection and holiness ? By His Word !

Q3. (Colossians 1:22) How can we be presented "holy," "without blemish," and "free from accusation" since we are not perfect? How is this possible?

rolleyes.gif Only by God's grace!

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--(Ephesians 2:6-8 NIV)

Because of God's grace, through Christ's death and His blood shed on the cross we are made perfect in God's sight.

In Him we are cleansed and purified. In Him we are forgiven and free. In Him we are righteous and redeemed. In Him we are accepted and at peace with God. In Him we are beneficiaries of an inheritance and eternal life. This is all possible because He has covered us with the holiness of His own blood.

The concept of being "in Christ" is a bit like an analogy of my life as a single page within a book. The page is bound in the book as a part of the book, but it is not the book. The concept and story are written into the page, but the page is neither the story nor the author. And the page is enclosed, integrated, protected, and represented by the sturdy cover of the book. When the LORD looks on me in Christ, He sees the irreproachable, holy, unblemished cover of the only "Book" and the story of the Living Word (John 1:1-5) written by the Author of Life (Acts.3:15) in His own blood on the pages, so to speak! What a wonderful Savior!!

What a wonderful description of being "in Him." And, what a blessing it is to know that God sees the "cover" instead of the "pages." Thank you for sharing!smile.gif

Q3. (Colossians 1:22) How can we be presented "holy," "without blemish," and "free from accusation" since we are not perfect? How is this possible?

The way to be free from sin is to trust Jesus Christ to take it away by accepting Christ, who died in our place.

When a judge in a court of law declares the defendant not guilty, the person is acquitted of all the accusations or charges. Legally, it is as if he or she had never been accused. When God forgives our sins, our record is wiped clean. From his perspective, it is as though we had never sinned.

Q3. (Colossians 1:22) How can we be presented "holy," "without blemish," and "free from accusation" since we are not perfect?

I've heard it called "The Great Exchange".......when I said "Yes" to Him and took His Name, He exchanged my filthy rags and sin darkened soul, for His gleaming white robes of Righteousness and a spotless "record"....He JUSTIFIED me....just as if I'd never sinned.

How is this possible?

By faith! God says that's what the blood accomplished for me and I've received it by faith. When God looks at me, He first sees me through the prism of Jesus' holiness, and because I'm "In Christ" He sees me as pure and holy.

How can we be presented "holy," "without blemish," and "free from accusation" since we are not perfect? How is this possible?

We can be holy, without blemish and free from accusation by Jesus blood...

is by faith... and believe that Jesus had forgive us when ever we come to him to ask forgivness... most important never doubt... in James 1:6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind..

Although we are not perfect we are presented holy, without blame, and free from accusation to God because we are now united with Christ and basically "IN HIM" - therefore when God looks at us He doesn't see us in our selves - He sees us in Christ who is holy, without blame and free from accusations. . .Romans 8:1-6 (NKJV)

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,

4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

B)

Question 3:

1)Because Jesus died and shed his blood for us we are accepted by God as being "Holy and without blemish".

It is because of the grace of God that this happened.

Q2. (Colossians 1:20-22)

By what means did Jesus accomplish this reconciliation?

What does "the blood of his cross" have to do with it?

What is the purpose of this reconciliation? (verse 22)

To whom are we "presented?" (verse 22)

Jesus accomplished this through His real human body dying on the cross. Jesus shed His blood on the Cross and died for us. Only a man, in this case a perfect Man, could shed blood that satisfied our Heavenly Father and could tear the barrier, allowing us believers to be reconciled to God. He made "peace through the blood of His cross." The purpose is to bring man into communion with God. God in His grace and mercy decided to reconcile us as believers to Him. We know sinful man is hostile to God. By nature we are separated from God, and also by our deeds we are alienated from God. We are

Jesus took the punishment for our sins on the cross. His sacrificial blood cleanses away our sins so that we can stand before God in the righteousness of Jesus. He was bruised for our iniquities.

tongue.gifThat we can be presented "holy" and "free from accusation" is such a joy that it is hard to comprehend. It is our comfort in life that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and by His grace through faith we can be "without blemish".