JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. The Mind of Christ

• 4 weeks later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can “have the mind of Christ.” How does this work, according to these verses? How does having the Holy Spirit “circulating” through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

1. My lifes verse is Phil. 2:5. 22 years ago I wanted the mind of Christ. I still seek the mind of Christ which has no ending nor a beginning. It is higher than high, wider than wide, and deeped than deep. The mind of Christ is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit as we pray and search the scriptures.

2. That is the mystery. The Holy Spirit is our confidence when He speaks to us. Occasionally but not often I hear the voice of the Holy Spirit in an audible sense. If you tell me He dosen't speak to men today as He did centuries ago, I must tell you, you are a little late with your information. I know what I know.  When God called me into this present ministry,  I complained that I was not qualified and that He may have chosen the wrong person. And during my prayer, I heard, "Just Go" and open your mouth. I will put the words there". Thus I went and He continues to put the words there 3 years later. I don't understand it but praise God He is using this embicil.

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can “have the mind of Christ.” How does this work, according to these verses?

We have the mind of Christ because we accepted the Holy Spirit who is also in Christ. This work when the Holy Spirit whom we received when we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior dwells and filled us. The spirit searches and knows our heart, nobody knows what is in our hearts and mind only the Holy spirit same as with the Lord, nobody knows what is Gods plan except His Holy spirit.

How does having the Holy Spirit “circulating” through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us? 

The bible said, spiritual things can be understand by people who was filled with the spirit. This explains that we as Christian are led with the spirit to make use of the gifts that was given to us.

As believers reconciled to God through Christ we possess the indwelling presence of the Spirit of God within us.  So we have the presence of the intellect, perception capabilities, and reasoning faculties of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.  What a thought!!  In no way could we ever meet His level, but His mind in us is what equips us with discernment and understanding of spiritual things that is unavailable to the degenerate unsaved mind.  In John 15:15, Jesus said He made known to His friends all that He heard from the Father, and after His return to heaven He sent the Spirit to continue that enlightenment to those who have believed on Him since (John 16:15).  The Holy Spirit knows the deep things/thoughts and spiritual truths of God, and to those who have received spiritual life He gives spiritual interpretation, understanding, discernment, and judgment of truth.

Pastor Ralph's question here about spiritual gifting has led me to consider something I've never "gotten" before.  Verses 9-10 tell us that God has prepared things for us we can’t even imagine, and He reveals these things to us through the Holy Spirit.  We most often think of this in terms of the blessings of heaven and our position with Christ in eternity.  But I think I see here how this may deal with the discovery and realization of our spiritual giftings after salvation. The context of these verses is not about promises for our eternal future; it is about knowledge in this life of divine wisdom, truths of God, and things prepared for us that are hidden as secrets until the Spirit reveals them.  In 12:7 a spiritual gift is called “the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good”.  Rather than being brought in by the Spirit as something that was never there before, maybe the gifting is already planted within the make-up God designed for each person, but inaccessible except perhaps as an interest or talent that does not become spiritually mature and useful until the Spirit manifests, unlocks, and empowers it for edifying the Body and building the Kingdom of God under His direction.  I certainly know that I have been equipped with abilities for these purposes that I had absolutely no idea were there until I began to seek God and submit to the Spirit’s leading.  He has guided me into things I would have thought completely insane for me to consider (some I had interest in before, some none) - and they absolutely were impossible until He came into my life and revealed what was hidden within me for Him to develop in order to bring glory to God.

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can "have the mind of Christ." “We can have the mind of Christ because we belong to Christ and receive His Spirit Who communicates to us the mind of Christ.”

How does this work, according to these verses?This works through our trusting in what Christ has done for us in His death, burial and resurrection when God’s grace brings the Holy Spirit to live within us.”

How does having the Holy Spirit "circulating" through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?We have the Holy Spirit who can communicate to our spirits God's guidance and truth. This is the basis of our receiving that power Jesus spoke about sending to live within us after His ascension. Thus prophecy, tongues, and interpretation, word of wisdom and the word of knowledge are gifts of the Spirit, and all the other gifts, too (12:7-11).”

Explain how we can have the mind of Christ?

- When we are converted at baptism, the Holy Spirit comes to us to live.  As a result, we have the mind of Christ (the Father and Holy Spirit also).

How does this work, according to these verses?

- As we have become God's chosen people, our minds have been filled with God's Spirit (the Spirit of Christ) so we can understand the workings of God enough to present the true, full gospel to all

How does having the Holy Spirit "circulating" through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

- 1 Corinthians 12:11 = All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines. (NIV)  Our minds contain our "being" and so the Spirit lives in our mind to give us direction on how to live, what gifts we will use, and what we need to speak and to whom.

By studying God's Word and praying for understanding, The Holy Spirit brings understanding to us.

God has provided for us all we need--when our spirit is open to the Holy Spirit, He is there.

God's Spirit guides and empowers us.

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can “have the mind of Christ.” How does this work, according to these verses?

We are a 2 part being until our "spirit man" comes alive when we are "born again". Now as 3 part beings we are attuned to God's Spirit who has come to dwell in us, and we are able to discern spiritual things, and to question and examine and to understand the Bible with His insight. We now hold the thoughts, feelings and purposes of His heart. Our minds were like a dark room until He entered and turned the LIGHT on.

How does having the Holy Spirit “circulating” through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

When we are led by the Spirit, He is free to move and motivate, speak and act through us, in order to further the Kingdom. We flow in unison with Him and His plans and purposes become our plans and purposes. We think His thoughts rather than the limitations of our former darkened minds.

I think of my former life as an empty glove which is now filled with His powerful Hand to serve and reach others in His love.

1 Corinthians 2:9-16

Q). Explain how we can "have the mind of Christ." How does this work, according to these verses?

A). We have the mind of Christ by the wisdom that God reveals through his Spirit to his children. - "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." (1 Corinthians 2:12)

#

Q). How does having the Holy Spirit "circulating" through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

A). "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you." (John 16:13-15)

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can “have the mind of Christ.” How does this work, according to these verses? How does having the Holy Spirit “circulating” through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

We as Christians have been saved by grace, it is by grace we have been given the gift of The Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit is oftentimes called the breath of God. We are given, as a gift, the mind of Christ. The Holy Spirit  teaches, perfects us, it is an ongoing process, so that we may stand righteous before the Father on the day of redemption.

supporting verse:

Romans 12-2 NIV

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Notice how this verse say but "be" transformed. It doesn't say transform ourselves, it says "be transformed"  The "be" is the workings of the Holy Spirit. Then and only then will we be able to KNOW Gods, prefect, pleasing and perfect  will.

We must know and be transformed by the Holy Spirit to know God's will in our lives!

How POWERFUL is that????? To powerful for words,supernatural!

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can "have the mind of Christ." How does this work, according to these verses?

Trusting in the Messiah is not mere intellectual acknowledgment, this is why we are called to "Put On" the mind of Christ so that we will  have ears to hear and eyes to see what the Spirit is saying; Having the mind of Christ means we are more able to understand -- the carnal (immature) mind is enmity against God, therefore, by putting on the mind of Christ we not only are more able to distinguish between good and bad, but are more able to follow in the steps of Christ. 

How does having the Holy Spirit "circulating" through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

The Holy Spirit gives to the believer power for service, guidance into God's truth, gifts to enable holy living, and fruits of righteous behavior.

We can have the mind of Christ through the revelation of the Holy Spirit. Our spiritual nature responds to God's revelations as opposed to human intellect. Those who do not have the Spirit can not understand Godly wisdom because they do not have spiritual sight. They laugh at our "foolishness" because they do not have the Spirit of God to see or understand truth especially since God's truths and wisdom look very different and "upside down" from secular knowledge. We, with the Spirit though, DO see and we receive the truth and guidance of God and embrace a different life than a worldly one.

Our spiritual gifts are the power of God working through us by the Holy Spirit. It's not really what WE do....it is what He does THROUGH us. Worldly man strives depending on inferior human knowledge lacking real fruit. We, through the power of the Holy Spirit, submit to allowing Him to do a good work in us and through us and bear much fruit because it is the power of God in us. That never fails!

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). 

Explain how we can "have the mind of Christ." 

When we become believers we receive the Holy Spirit within us – we are born again and the Holy Spirit comes and resides in our hearts. It is He that empowers within us the mind of Christ, so that we then can understand divine truths. It is only when we receive the mind of Christ that God reveals spiritual things to us. We have seen that to natural man the Cross is foolishness, he cannot discern spiritual things, yet God says His method and His wisdom was to give His Son to die on the Cross that we might be saved and have eternal life. It is not possible for man to discover God’s truths on his own, it is only when the Holy Spirit circulating through his mind that the truths of His Word are revealed. All Scripture is inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16). We might read and study the Bible all day and yet not understand it. We need the Holy Spirit to open our eyes and minds of understanding before we can truly know and even begin to interpret His truths. Martin Luther said, "The Bible cannot be understood simply by study or talent; you must count only on the influence of the Holy Spirit."

By clearing off the old mind, the natural heart cannot be improved upon it has ti be removed and replaced. 2) Break up your fallow ground being concerned aboutabout the falllowness of your heart and mourn over you situation let it touch your heart not your face. 3)cleanse and renew your mind the word of God is God's instrument for cleansing and renewing our mind. 4) feed and fill your mind with the word of God, let the word of God dwell in your heart richly in all wisdom make no room for the flesh. Set your heart, mind and body to know and to please the Lord at all cost, let that be your goal your only goal in your life, let it be your persuit.

We can explain "having the mind of Christ" by allowing the Holy Spirit to speak to our hearts and minds. We know we have this mind by His witnessing to us that His spirit is true and express spiritual truths and spiritual words.

This mind of Christ works for us because we have received the spirit Who is from God. By this we can understand what He has given us. His spirit lives in us so that we are no longer controlled by the sinful nature. 

By having the Holy Spirit circulating through our mind we can get into the thoughts of God. We can understand spiritual things, being able to discern between what is false and what is true. We are bestowed with His Spiritual gifts that help us minister to our fellow man.     

Explain how we can “have the mind of Christ.” How does this work, according to these verses?

1.  The Holy Spirit reveals God's thoughts to us. 

2.  The Holy Spirit not only reveals Gods thoughts but the wonderful free gifts of grace and blessing that He has given us. 

Question 2.5

Paul’s quote of Isaiah 64.4 in 1 Corinthians 2:9-11a , “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.  The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.  For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man’s spirit within him?”  Isaiah and Paul give a real sense of the specialness of the spirit of God as we receive it through Jesus from God.  

The Greek phrase mind (nous) of the Lord translates the Hebrew phrase “spirit (ruach) of the Lord” [Richard Hayes, Interpretation 1 Corinthians , Kindle Edition, pl. 46]
So Paul is speaking of knowing Jesus’ mind through his spirit.  This same Spirit links us and communicates and mediates our thoughts with those of the Lord enabling our spirit to sense God’s guidance and truth.  This same spirit allows us to read God’s word and to receive his support throughout our lives at Paul was helped through the spirit of Jesus. (Phil. 1.19) thus w can by the aid of the Holy Spirit have a conduit into Jesus so we can live our lives more closely in tune with him.  This allows the Holy Spirit to enable us to work intimately with us and to lead us personally and empower us to ministry.  (Notes)

As believers reconciled to God through Christ we possess the indwelling presence of the Spirit of God within us.  So we have the presence of the intellect, perception capabilities, and reasoning faculties of the Lord Jesus Christ Himself.  What a thought!!  In no way could we ever meet His level, but His mind in us is what equips us with discernment and understanding of spiritual things that is unavailable to the degenerate unsaved mind. 

I like this! It is by the holy Spirit that we can in some way access the mind of the Lord so that we can be enabled to Live our lives with Him and minister to others such as the 27 million slaves in the world today. God is the God pf the oppressed - He showed this in the Exodus as he led the people out of Egypt. The prophets show us the mind of God as they preach about the need to tend to the poor and oppressed. Jesus spoke in Luke 4:16-20 about His mission being to the poor and the oppressed and it is our mission today to minister to the poor and the oppressed.

In John 15:15, Jesus said He made known to His friends all that He heard from the Father, and after His return to heaven He sent the Spirit to continue that enlightenment to those who have believed on Him since (John 16:15).  The Holy Spirit knows the deep things/thoughts and spiritual truths of God, and to those who have received spiritual life He gives spiritual interpretation, understanding, discernment, and judgment of truth. 

Pastor Ralph's question here about spiritual gifting has led me to consider something I've never "gotten" before.  Verses 9-10 tell us that God has prepared things for us we can’t even imagine, and He reveals these things to us through the Holy Spirit.  We most often think of this in terms of the blessings of heaven and our position with Christ in eternity.  But I think I see here how this may deal with the discovery and realization of our spiritual giftings after salvation. The context of these verses is not about promises for our eternal future; it is about knowledge in this life of divine wisdom, truths of God, and things prepared for us that are hidden as secrets until the Spirit reveals them.  In 12:7 a spiritual gift is called “the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good”. 

YES!!!! This what I just wrote about!  Yes!!

Rather than being brought in by the Spirit as something that was never there before, maybe the gifting is already planted within the make-up God designed for each person, but inaccessible except perhaps as an interest or talent that does not become spiritually mature and useful until the Spirit manifests, unlocks, and empowers it for edifying the Body and building the Kingdom of God under His direction.  I certainly know that I have been equipped with abilities for these purposes that I had absolutely no idea were there until I began to seek God and submit to the Spirit’s leading.  He has guided me into things I would have thought completely insane for me to consider (some I had interest in before, some none) - and they absolutely were impossible until He came into my life and revealed what was hidden within me for Him to develop in order to bring glory to God.

Yes, God through Jesus can and does empower us to carry out his mission to the poor and the oppressed in this world today. Actually it is a two fold mission which is proclaimed by the great commandment to love the Lord and our neighbour as our self.  WinstonY

We can only have the mind of Christ if the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, indwells us. There's no other way. We read the Bible and the words there come alive through the Holy Spirit making that happen. The more we study it, the more closely our thinking aligns with God's thoughts.

We manifest the gifts according to the need for them. The Holy Spirit is the One determining that need. For example, when someone is in need of an encouraging word, they need to hear it in their language . . . not in tongues. So the gift of encourgement is the one the Spirit provides. The person in need doesn't need to hear someone reciting the chorus to My Friend The Witchdoctor! Look that one up.

QUESTION 5 The Mind of Christ

Explain how we can "have the mind of Christ."

I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING THAT JESUS CHRIST WILL NOT. I WILL ONLY DO WHAT CHRIST TELLS ME TO DO. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE, IS TO HAVE AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS CHRIST.

THE BELIVERS THAT HAVE THE DEDICATED PRAYER LIFE, GOD HAS REVEAL THE TRUTHS OF THE SCRIPTURES. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A REMNANT BELIEVER. THEY WOULD GIVE THERE ALL FOR JESUS, BECAUSE THEY LOVE THE LORD MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF.

How does having the Holy Ghost "circulating" through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

WE HAVE TRUSTED WITH THE GIFTS THAT GOD KNOWS WE CAN HANDLED. IT IS ALL ABOUT THE UPLIFTING OF THE LORD JESUS AND LESS OF US BEING SEEN. WE THINK THE TOUGHTS OF GOD AND ONLY MOVE AS HE TELLS US TO. LEARNING HOW TO OBEY AT A MOMENTS NOTICE.

Praise God, God has everything under control. BROTHER Mike

• 2 weeks later...

The mind of Christ is the Holy Spirit.  The same Spirit that guided Jesus can and must guide and influence us for us to know God intimately and carry out the will of God in our lives.

Only the Holy Spirit of God knows the mind of God.  Therefor we must open our hearts and minds to the Holy Spirit that we might know the mind of God.

The mind of Christ is the Holy Spirit.  The same Spirit that guided Jesus can and must guide and influence us for us to know God intimately and carry out the will of God in our lives.

Only the Holy Spirit of God knows the mind of God.  Therefor we must open our hearts and minds to the Holy Spirit that we might know the mind of God.

We can have the mind of Christ when we are diligently reading the Bible and attending bible classes and attending church so that we can fellowship with those who also love the Lord. By having the Holy Spirit circulating through our minds the thoughts that we have will reflect the Spirit of God.

• 3 weeks later...

Q5. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16). Explain how we can "have the mind of Christ." How does this work, according to these verses? How does having the Holy Spirit "circulating" through our minds explain spiritual gifts working through us?

To have the mind of Christ is to have the Holy Spirit living in us and helping us to understand the things of the spirit of God.

This works as the Holy Spirit searches the mind of God and translate the findings/ message into our our own level of understanding.

By the Holy Spirit "circulating" through our minds, he empowers us with certain abilities and power to operate above the ordinary for the building of the body of Christ- the Church.