JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. The Father's House

• 2 months later...

(John 14:2) What is the “Father’s House”? What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? How does that comfort us? 

The Father's House refers to God's heavenly dwelling. Paul makes reference to it as "... we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." (2 Cor 5:1). Jesus is going to prepare a way for us to get to Heaven i.e. by dying on the Cross to take away our sins and rising again on the third day to give us victory over satan and sin and giving us eternal life. Thank you and praise you Lord Jesus.

Q1. (John 14:2)

Q. What is the "Father's House"?

A. Where God dwells.

Q.What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us?

A. He is going to prepare a place for us. His death, resurrection and assenssion into heaven also prepares a way for us to go to heaven.

Q. How does that comfort us?

A. We know for sure that we have a place to go to after death or at rapture. We also have the assurance that His death, ressurection and assension has made a way for us to heaven where He is with His Father.

(John 14:2) What is the “Father’s House”? What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? How does that comfort us?          

• Father's House is God's heavenly dwelling.
  • Verse 2 tells us that Jesus is going to his Father's House to prepare a place for us.
  • There is a room for us in the Father's House and Jesus will be there.
  • It comforts me to know that I will get to see our Father and Jesus.  There be nothing but peace and joy.

Q1. (John 14:2) What is the “Father’s House”?

God's Heavenly dwelling place...not made with human hands.

What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us?

He tells us He is going away to prepare a permanent place for each of us.

How does that comfort us?

It comforts me to know He has a plan, a perfect place prepared for me....that for all eternity I will be safe and in His Presence. No longer a veil covering my eyes from seeing Him. Trials and testing will be over with nothing to mar intimate fellowship with my Lord and with other believers. I'll get to meet Paul and David, Mary and Martha, Timothy and Moses and all of my Bible heroes...no hurried conversations!

Q1. (John 14:2) What is the “Father’s House”? What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? How does that comfort us?

The Father's house is  the heaven where He resides.  Actually the universe of which we are a speck.

Jesus is preparing a place for us and has prepared a way for us to get there.  It is through the finished work on the cross upon which He hung for us.  In our father's house He prepares many dwellings for there are many who will come to reside in them.  They are individual rooms or apartments for I will be me and you will be you, perfected by Him.

We are not to be discarded, as nothing.  Christ has given all for us.  We can trust in Him to see us safely home to live with Him forever.  What wondrous love is this!

Thank you Jesus!

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

Q1. (John 14:2) What is the "Father's House"?

The Father is “King of the Universe,” therefore His abode most likely is somewhere in the Universe, and where the Father is, there are many rooms, if this was not true; the Son would have told us so.

Q2. What does verse 2 tells us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us?

It tells me, He will leave this world and go to be with his Father, and when he goes, he will make ready a room for those who are “faithful” to him, for those who are “watching” and “waiting” for that glorious day.

All this was made possible through the “Cross”.

Q3. How does that comfort us?

It is more than a comfort, it is a warning also, for he is making room for those who will “follow” after his precepts and walk in them, a faithful bride whose gown glistens with that of “His glory”.

The Father’s House is Heaven.  Jesus is going to ‘prepare a place’ for us.  This means that he will be our host and make us welcome.  This can is a great comfort in times of doubt particularly when we remember the preceding statement, ‘do not let your hearts be troubled’.

What is the "Father's House"? 

What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? 

The “Father’s House” refers to an eternal home in heaven (2 Cor 5:1); an eternal home for all of God’s children. It is a place to be with our Heavenly Father and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I visualize our Father's house as being great and spacious, an eternal place of dwelling so vast that it covers multiple universes. Our Lord is so great that we cannot limit Him to one universe, therefore, there must be an infinite number of universes making up a "multiverse." He is infinite and not subject to any of the limitations of creation. Jesus’ going back to the Father, is good news for us, as Jesus states later in 16:7: “But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counsellor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you”. His going away will secure our future destiny - it is through His atoning death, resurrection, and ascension that we as believers are assured of a place there. We find comfort in the fact that He will come again and collect His own to be with Him for all eternity, but in the meantime He has sent us the Holy Spirit to help us through this earthly life. 

Q1. (John 14:2) What is the "Father's House"? What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? How does that comfort us?

The notes state that Jesus was talking about a heavenly dwelling, a place where a person will go when they will enter paradise. A dwelling not made with hands, as Paul puts it, an eternal dwelling (2 Corinthians 5:1). This is a promise for all believers.

Lesson 24 Q1

The father's house is heaven. It is a place of safety and majesty and rest - it is the Father's - it is vast... It represents God's glory. And it is a place were we will be with the Father and the Son. and there will be much joy there.

Jesus will prepare a place for us ( those who follow ). This means that

Jesus was referring then to his providing a way for us, that is ,a way to get there through his death and resurrection - as well as taking his rightful place at the right hand of God - readying the place for our reception.

We can look forward do this with much joy. Oh what a wonderful reception it will be.

Q1. (John 14:2) What is the "Father's House"? What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? How does that comfort us?

This the reward for believing and obeying as best as we can, and in seekiing forever to grow closer to Him. In truth this is what we should be living for. So why not take a step closer tonight. We have the security from the Bible, stated many times. How else can we learne abou Him, prayer and meditation. Seeking Him, praying as much as possible, abandoning thoughs about work except what to do in the moment; he will show us. Thinking of His attraction on the cross, so much love and giving selflessness beyond what we'd ever imagine. Studying this in the Gospel, trying to come close to reliving it through the written Word.  So much to learn and experience by going deeper. praying for guidance. The more we invest the better we feel and stronger our faith. Its an eternal investment, one that money can't  buy. 100% faith based.

Q1. (John 14:2) What is the “Father’s House”? What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us? How does that comfort us?

The Fathers House as Jesus describes it, is our home in Heaven where we will reside in the future with Him and God the Father.

Jesus tells us that in Heaven in the Fathers House are many rooms, if it where not true he would not have said so. He will go there to prepare a place for us. Up to this time the disciples have not figured out yet that Jesus was talking his resurrection after hie death and this they did not understand either, after all they ask him where he was going.

This comforts us because we know that after our death as believers we will be united with Jesus and our Heavenly Father for all eternity. 

• 3 weeks later...

Heaven is the Father’s House, where He dwells.  Jesus is there now, making preparations of a place for each child of God to be received and to live forever with Him.  In line with the Jewish traditions for marriage (specifically given by God to reflect our spiritual relationship), the groom is at work to prepare the home within his father’s household where he will bring his bride when the time comes for them to be married.  The father determines when the groom is ready to go and get his bride.

It is a comfort to know that as we wait and make ourselves ready, our Groom is actively preparing a home for each of us in heaven.  Jesus didn't just make some vague reference about what to expect; He has assured us of the home that awaits us there with Him, and everybody longs for the security and comfort of a permanent place to live.  The process is being overseen by the Father, who will determine the moment when it is time for Jesus to receive His Bride.  There will be no accidents, no last-minute accommodations, or frantic getting ready.  It will be perfect and perfected as our ideal eternal home with Jesus!  May we be as excited and eager to be with Him as He is for us to arrive!

1.A place we will go for eternity to be Jesus.

2. He will prepare a place for us if we believe and return to us.

3.It comforts me in that I will live eternally with Jesus no tears no sickness just praising Jesus. what other things here could comfort you like verse 2

What is the “Father’s House”?

Jesus is talking about God's heavenly dwelling, as Paul put it, "a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens" (2 Corinthians 5:1).

Verses 2. In my Father's house. Most interpreters understand this of heaven, as the peculiar dwelling-place or palace of God; but it may include the universe, as the abode of the omnipresent God.

He will go to prepare a place for us and what he will provide is a mansions for all the followers.

Are many mansions. The word rendered mansions means either the act of dwelling in any place (John 14:23), "we will make our abode with him"), or it means the place where one dwells. It is taken from the verb to remain, and signifies the place where one dwells or remains. It is applied by the Greek writers to the tents or temporary habitations which soldiers pitch in their marches. It denotes a dwelling of less permanency than the word house.

I go to prepare a place for you. By his going is meant his death and ascent to heaven. The figure here is taken from one who is on a journey, who goes before his companions to provide a place to lodge in, and to make the necessary preparations for their entertainment. It evidently means that he, by the work he was yet to perform in heaven, would secure their admission there, and obtain for them the blessings of eternal life. That work would consist mainly in his intercession, Hebrews 10:12, 13, 19-22, 7:25-27, 4:14, 16.

It is a consolation for every believers.

It is commonly understood as affirming that in heaven there is ample room to receive all who will come; that therefore the disciples might be sure that they would not be excluded. Some have understood it as affirming that there will be different grades in the joys of heaven; that some of the mansions of the saints will be nearer to God than others, agreeably to 1 Corinthians 15:40,41. But perhaps this passage may have a meaning which has not occurred to interpreters. Jesus was consoling his disciples, who were affected with grief at the idea of his separation. To comfort them he addresses them in this language:

"The universe is the dwelling-place of my Father. All is his house. Whether on earth or in heaven, we are still in his habitation. In that vast abode of God there are many mansions. The earth is one of them, heaven is another. Whether here or there, we are still in the house, in one of the mansions of our Father, in one of the apartments of his vast abode. This we ought continually to feel, and to rejoice that we are permitted to occupy any part of his dwelling-place. Nor does it differ much whether we are in this mansion or another. It should not be a matter of grief when we are called to pass from one part of this vast habitation of God to another. I am indeed about to leave you, but I am going only to another part of the vast dwelling-place of God. I shall still be in the same universal habitation with you; still in the house of the same God; and am going for an important purpose-to fit up another abode for your eternal dwelling."

If this be the meaning, then there is in the discourse true consolation. We see that the death of a Christian is not to be dreaded, nor is it an event over which we should immoderately weep. It is but removing from one apartment of God's universal dwelling-place to another-one where we shall still be in his house, and still feel the same interest in all that pertains to his kingdom. And especially the removal of the Saviour from the earth was an event over which Christians should rejoice, for he is still in the house of God, and still preparing mansions of rest for his people.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus’ words show that the way to eternal life, though unseen, is secure—as secure as your trust in Jesus. He has already prepared the way to eternal life. The only issue that may still be unsettled is your willingness to believe.

There are few verses in Scripture that describe eternal life, but these few verses are rich with promises. Here Jesus says, “I am going to prepare a place for you,” and “I will come and get you.” We can look forward to eternal life because Jesus has promised it to all who believe in him. Although the details of eternity are unknown, we need not fear because Jesus is preparing for us and will spend eternity with us.

• 1 month later...

Father's house is where we go when we leave this world, as a sheep or follower of Christ, not as a goat. So death will not be the end. We will be with Him. We imagine this to be in human form, since he explains it this way, but it could be deeper, more spiritual. But we would not understand this and no point to think otherwise. He uses the "house" as our place near to Him and Father.

When we are older, or suddenly dying, this is what we need to hold on to and keep running the race, as Paul said, despite life's challenges. To seek to follow Him, and trust His way is the best for our life today and in the future. This requires ever DEEPER belief, as life goes forward.

• 3 months later...

What is the "Father's House"? Nowhere in Scripture does Jesus directly refer to heaven as “My Father's house” but he did refer to the temple as “My Father's house” in John 2:16.  In Acts 1:11, Jesus said that he “will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”  That being the case, he will not be in heaven when his disciples join him.  Rather, fulfilling a multitude of Old and New Testement prophesies, Jesus will be on earth when that takes place.  NOTE: That said, I’ve always felt that Jesus was (at least indirectly) referring to heaven in 14:2.  

What does verse 2 tell us about what Jesus will do, and what is provided for us?  “Mansions” translates from the Greek word meaning a dwelling place.  Jesus is saying that he is going to prepare a place of dwelling but he’s also saying that he is going to prepare the way for us to get there as well. 

How does that comfort us?  It’s comforting to know that Jesus is not only preparing a place for us but he’s also preparing the way as well.

• 3 years later...
  • 7 months later...

The Father's House is Heaven where He prepares a place for us to be with Him. It states that He is preparing a place for us to stay and that He can look forward to it. 

• 2 years later...

The Father's house (oikia) is heaven, dwelling place of God.  The Father's dwelling place is heaven (2 Corinthians 12:1-4; Ephesians 1:20; Hebrews 8:1; 9:24).  Christ is the antihypertensive of the Temple.  Christ's going away-his death on the Cross-will open the kingdom of heaven to all believers.

Jesus Christ is the place in the worship of God; we are free to.worship God "in  Spirit".  Apostle John stresses that Christ replaces the institutions of Judaism;  we are in the New Covenant dispensation. Christ himself prepares the 'really, the 'true Passover in which he himself is the true and real Paschal Lamb.  Christ is the place-his own person--has been sacrificed on another altar.   Christ is both the High Priest and the Paschal Lamb of God.

What a profound thought!   We cannot comprehend totally the Paschal event as Apostle John has written.    The Epistle to the Hebrews eloquently goes into minute detail concerning  the eternal priesthood of Christ, and our call to enter the Holiest of Holies each day.   We now have a enduring and eternal dwelling through Jesus Christ, Son of God, Son of Man and Saviour of the world.

• 9 months later...

What is the "Father's House"?

The Father's House is God's heavenly dwelling.

Jesus as the Bridegroom is preparing a place for us in His Father's House, which when it is ready, He will fetch us, so that we will dwell there together.

We can be comforted by the fact that we will forever be together, never to be separated again.