JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...

How does Daniel show humility is this situation?

Daniel takes no credit for knowing the answer to the kings request but gives all credit to the God of heaven.

How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God?

He tells the king there is a God in heaven who reveals all mysteries.

According to 1Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves?

No

If we do so, what will happen?

God will resist us. The Bible clearly states that all glory should go to God for all things.

?1. Daniel shows humility by not correcting to the king that Arioch did not find him, that Daniel is the one that went to Arioch. Daniel did not that the credit for seeing and being able to interpret the king's dream but shared witht he king it was God who revealed the dream to him and it was God that helped him understand how to interpret it.

?2. Daniel gives witness to God by telling the king that it was his God that he believes in and has faith in is the one that showed him the dream.

?3. According to 1 Peter 5: 5-6 we should be humble to each other.

?4. "GOD resists the proud..."

Q2 Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation?

Daniel gave God all the glory and the credit, for telling the king what he had dreamed and the interpretation, taking none for himself. He also allowed Arioch to take the credit for "finding Daniel", when in fact Daniel sought out Arioch to take him to Nebuchadnezzar.

How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God?

When Daniel spoke to the King, he told him that no man or magician can tell the king his dream and interpret it, "But there is a God in Heaven who reveals mysteries." He  took no credit for the interpretation, but gave all glory to His God.

According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we exalt ourselves?

No, not under any circumstances. I love the visual image where Peter tells us "Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility, (as in the garb of a servant) so that its' covering cannot possibly be stripped from you. Humble yourselves in your own estimation under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you."

Pride is from the world and may lead us into temptation, sin and into deception. God sets Himself against the proud, the insolent, disdainful, the boastful and opposes, frustrates, and defeats them but gives grace to the humble.

(Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation? HE MAKES IT CLEAR IT IS NOT HIM BUT GOD.

How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God? MAKING IT PLAIN, NO MAN CAN DO IT.

According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen?

So put away all pride from yourselves. You are standing under the powerful hand of God. At the right time He will lift you up.

Q2. (Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation?

Daniel is in awe of the Almighty God and praise is on his lips, praise to the One who is able to change the times and the seasons; the God who removes kings and raises up kings; the God who reveals the deep secrets and gave to Daniel the kings dream and its interpretation, adoration in praise was how Daniel showed humility, for Daniel understood, he could do nothing without God.

Q3. How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God?

The first thing out of Daniel’s mouth was that of proclaiming to the king the truth about the God Daniel served, he told him that the secret the king “DEMANDED” that could not be declared by any of the wise men, but there is a God in heaven who knows and reveals secrets, that Daniel continued to tell the king what will be in the latter days, and about the dream and visions that were troubling the king so much he could not sleep.

Q2. (Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation? How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God? According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen?

Daniel gives the credit to the One True God of Heaven. He knows God gave this to him and he knows he must give God the credit. As we should. 

I love the way Daniel uses this opportunity to witness. I want to be like Daniel. I want to use every opportunity that comes my way. I know I have missed many. That makes me so sad. Daniel tells the king that NO ONE could do this. But One. The God of Heaven.

We should never exalt ourselves. That is pride. God hates any sin. Pride is high on that list. If we are prideful, we lose our close relationship with God. I never want to do that. But we all have to fight pride. We must humble ourselves. 

(Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation? How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God? According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen? 

When the King asked Daniel what his (the King's) dream was and how to interpret it, Daniel replied "No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come." Daniel takes no personal credit for the dream or its interpretation but praises "God in heaven who reveals mysteries" By being humble and giving God all the credit, Daniel was also witnessing to the King. The impact was so great that King Nebuchadnezzar was overcome by God's revelation and Daniel's interpretation. In Daniel 2:46-47, it was written that "Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell prostrate before Daniel and paid him honor and ordered that an offering and incense be presented to him. The king said to Daniel, “Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery.” 

In 1 Peter 5:5-6, it is written that we should "be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time." If we are humble, God himself will lift us up. Thank you Lord Jesus. Hallelujah!

How does Daniel show humility in this situation?

Daniel shows humility in this situation by not trying to take credit for himself.  He gave all the credit to God. 

Daniel used this opportunity to witness by telling the king that it was God's knowledge and power that revealed the dream to him.

According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen?     

No, we should be humble towards one another.  If we try to exalt ourselves, God will resist and we will not be exalted by him.     

Q2. (Daniel 2:27-28)

Q. How does Daniel show humility in this situation?

A. He attributed the revelation and interpretation of the dream to God Almighty (not his own achievement).

Q. How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God?

A. He emphasised that no one else could have done such but his God whom he served.

Q. According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen?

A. The passage urges us to humble ourselves before God and then we will be exalted i.e be lifted up.

Daniel replied, “No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about.

But there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come.

According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves?

No, we should humble ourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, and He will exhault us in His time.

God will resist the proud.

Q2 . (Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation?

It would be safe to assume that it was God’s providence for His own glory and Daniel’s exaltation that Nebuchadnezzar forgot what his dream was. Daniel was not at all presumptuous like the rest of the Chaldeans in the king’s court. When he reached his residence, Daniel asked his friends to turn to God in prayer for protection and enlightenment. Daniel in his prayer must have humbly confessed to God that no wisdom in his personal capacity could provide the revelation of the dream. His honesty and complete dependence on God was rewarded with the knowledge of the dream and it’s meaning. Daniel in my opinion demonstrated honest humility through his total dependence on God’s providence.

He began to address the king by pointing out the inability of the Chaldeans who had many gods to reveal the dream let alone interpreting it. He saw an opportunity to make known his God – the God of the Israel who can simplify mysteries and reveal the dream and thoughts of man. “But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and he has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in the future. Now I will tell you your dream and the visions you saw as you lay on your bed.” (Dan 2:28) A simple and direct magnification of Israel’s God.

1Peter 5:5~6 : In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

Humility preserves peace in all societies, especially in Christian Churches. On the contrary, pride causes many undue problems. We are not to arrogate and evince pride. And more importantly we must never exalt ourselves above others. We need to be submissive to “God’s mighty hand” or else be beaten down and dashed to pieces. Who are we to oppose God ? When we are reconciled to God, God will bring comfort to our souls and He will lift us up when the need arises

1. Daniel gave all glory to God because he knew mere earthy men were incapable of interpreting king Nebuchadnezzar's dream. 2. He edifies God before the king. 3. No, we should be clothed with humility. 4. Proverbs 16:18,19 states, Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Q2. (Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation? How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God? According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen?

Daniel acknowledged that it was God who gave him his wisdom (2:28). Daniel was not fearful and spoke the truth about what God had done for him -gave him a vision of the king's dream. 1 Peter 5:5-6 says that we must humble ourselves before God and others and God will exalt us in his own time. The things we achieve are not of our own doing, but God's.

Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation? How does he use this situation as an opportunity to witness before the king to his faith in God? According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? If we do so, what will happen? ​

Daniel shows humility in this situation by not giving the credit to himself.  He immediately uses this opportunity to witness before the king by telling him that it is His God in heaven, whom he trusts in in who reveals mysteries which cannot be done by any other man.

1 Peter 5:5-6 says we should submit ourselves to elders and clothe ourselves in humility towards one another, because God humbles the proud and shows favour to the humble.  If we humble ourselves under Gods mighty hands he will lift us up in due time.

Daniel said no wise men, enchanters, magicians, or astrologers can show to the king the mystery of his dream. The only one that can show him is the almighty God in Heaven. God doesn't like proud people. The only one that should be exalted is God. He made us and not ourselves. We should always exalt the Almight God.

Q2. (Daniel 2:27-28) How does Daniel show humility in this situation?

Daniel knows that the answer is not his doing but that God had revealed it to him.  Knowing this, he began to praise and worship and give thanks to God for this revelation knowledge.

Daniel doesn't claim any credit or insight for the answer to the Kings dream, he directed the King to his source of knowledge.

5 You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time,

We should NOT try to exalt ourselves.  According to 1 Peter 5:5-6 God will oppose the proud, we are to humble ourselves and God in His good timing will exalt you.

Q2. (Daniel 2:27-28) 

According to 1 Peter 5:5-6, should we try to exalt ourselves? 

Daniel showed humility by not taking any credit for himself. He took the opportunity to witness to the king, by admitting and explaining that there is only one true God and He is in heaven. Also that only He is the source of knowledge and wisdom. We should not try to exalt ourselves. We must remember that God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble. As believers we should rather be clothed with humility. In Ephesians 4:2, we are given the command to be completely humble and gentle. At the same time we are to be patient by putting up with each other and loving each other. It is the opposite of conceit and arrogance. Genuine humility only comes when know our Lord Jesus. To be humble is to have the Spirit of Christ. It is then that we come to know Jesus better and grow to become more and more like Him. We become conscious of our own nothingness and are then able to see God as He really is. His weakness is mightier than our strength. His foolishness is greater than our wisdom. We then see ourselves as we really are.  

1.May I add what that is in the Daniel 2 which is profound and attractive 

verse19----contd ""Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.""

1.Daniel shows humility by being polite to Arioch and not directly to king His requests and countenance are humble and like pleas .

2,Daniel did not take credit but states that no living person in bodies can understand the dream ,but is is of God's revelation of secrets.

3.peter 5/ 5 &6 - God  resist the proud ,but the faithful be humble ,and show ,be clothed with humility ,Gods gives His favor (Grace) to those who submit to God ,,It also adds that the adversary as a lion searches for those who he can devour or destroy and (the proud falls easily a prey to the adversary /evil one )

verse19----contd ""Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.""

1.Daniel shows humility by being polite to Arioch and not directly to king His requests and countenance are humble and like pleas .

2,Daniel did not take credit but states that no living person in bodies can understand the dream ,but is is of God's revelation of secrets.

3.peter 5/ 5 &6 - God  resist the proud ,but the faithful be humble ,and show ,be clothed with humility ,Gods gives His favor (Grace) to those who submit to God ,,It also adds that the adversary as a lion searches for those who he can devour or destroy and (the proud falls easily a prey to the adversary /evil one )

Daniel shows humility in his situation to ask the king for time so he can interpret the kings dream. He also uses humility before interpreting the dream by telling the king only God can give the ability to show him the king's dream.

He uses the opportunity of reveling the dream, by telling the king only the God of Heaven can give us dreams of the future and only God can give the interpretation.

According to 1 Peter 5:5-6 states we should not exalt ourselves before God, we are to be humble, fore the Lord gives grace to the humble.

God himself opposes the proud and are detestable before him.    

Daniel's replies to the king, "No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner[46] can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries. He has shown King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen in days to come."   Daniel is quick to humble himself by rescuing the other wise men, which I think could have been his competition.  If Daniel was trying to exalt himself, getting rid of the competition would have been the thing to do.  But rescuing them says that his advancement is based on God exalting him and for him, was to humble himself, both before God and among men.  Second, he was also quick to give God the credit for the ability to interpret the dream, not his own ability.  And Daniel pointed out to the king that God had showed him grace and mercy by revealing this matter to him in a dream.  Peter emphasizes for us to humble ourselves before God and let him lift us up in His time.  

Daniel shows humility by giving all the credit to God.  He tells the king that it is his God who told him and showed him the dream.

Daniel tells the King that it is God who has given all this great power and wealth. He tells that God wants him to know the dream and its meaning and that because Daniel believes in God and prays to Him, God has told him the Dream and the meaning. Danile also asks that the wise men not be put to death as he has the interpretation.

According to 1Peter5 : 5-6 we always be humble as God blesses the humble and lifts them up. If we exalt ourselves God will oppose us.  I like to think that he will bring us back to the ground with a bump!

I so love how Daniel points right away to God. He could have used that time to make himself look like the hero yet Daniel knew he was nothing w/o the Lord. If Daniel tried to act like he had done something himself in interpreting the dream, he had to have know that in the future w/o the Lord's help, there was no guarantee he could do it again! But the humility is genuine. Daniel knows his place before the Lord and is humbled by that naturally.

In a time where I imagine everyone in the court was trying to draw attention and grab credit for themselves, it must have been refreshing to see humility.

We should humble ourselves so the Lord can shine through! ~