JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...

(Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

Nebuchadnezzar sums up the faith and faithfulness of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: "They trusted in [their God] and defied[98] the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God." (3:28b) Faithful believers are willing to die rather than betray God. Mercifully, many of us will not be tested in this way. However, this itself is also a challenge, as the saying goes about untested fighters, boxers or soldiers never knowing their prowess or ability. Many things may hold us back - fear of death,  losing the "good" life, possessions, loss of face, respect, dignity, and the list goes on.  

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

NEBUCHADNEZZAR GOT IT RIGHT WHEN HE SAID: "...for no other god can save in this way.'"IN HIS SELF REVELATION, HE DID WHAT MOST LEADERS WOULD DO AT THE CHAGRIN IF THE COMPLAINERS:   "Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the province of Babylon." (3:28-30)

YES, to disobey a command in the face of Faith and fact is the only response to commitment to self and faith in God.  Laying down my life to God is better than dying slowing in the slop of cowardice.  There is no reason to hold back; life is about living comfortably in your own skin.  Who could be comfortable living in a lie?  

THOSE WHO SEEK TO PLEASE OTHERS AND DOUBT GOD ARE eventually discarded any way, THEY SIMPLY DIE A SLOW DEATH...

Pastor Ralph sums up beautifully:    “That, of course, is the lesson of this story. Faithful believers are willing to die rather than betray God. Are you? Am I? Do we compromise where we should have stood firm? Do we avoid an issue, when we should face it fairly and steadfastly"--- IN A WORLD STRUGGLING WITH AN IDENTITY CRISIS; WE MUST ALL ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS DAILY

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment?

He praised them for "setting aside the kings command and yielding their bodies rather than serve or worship any god except their own God."

Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God?

I learned many years ago that God knows me better than I know myself, and for me to stop saying "i would do or I would not do such and so if I were in that situation"....after finding that those were pride statements I could not back up with action. So I will say that I long to be that faithful to my Father Who is in all ways faithful to me! My desire is to bring glory to Him through my life.

Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God?

I surrender my life every day as a living sacrifice to Him, and I believe I am willing....I know I would pray for the courage, in the moment and He would answer my prayer.

What might hold you back?

Fear is the logical answer, though I am not afraid of dying....so maybe fear of pain, or thoughts of how my family would be affected, and their resulting pain. But I pray that those would be fleeting thoughts, overcome by faith and the desire to honor my Father in Heaven.

He knew they had risked their lives to take their stand.

I hope I will be.

Right now I say yes, & hope I will be able to follow thru.  I'm sure God will give me the strength at that time.

Always fear.  But I know God will supply all I need if I make the decision to follow Him wherever He leads.

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

Nebuchadnezzar’s failed in his attempt to inaugurate the worship of his new god. The three Hebrews knew very well that Israel is in captivity because of their idol worship and practices, hence their defiance of the kings command. Nebuchadnezzar was furiously angry, but upon witnessing the deliverance he apparently out of a certain degree of fear he exalted the God of Israel. “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.” (Dan 3:28)

When I’m put in a position where I must either obey God or man/women, I must say I will obey my God. If obedience to one of laws of men/women would result in my defilement to any of God’s laws, I will obey God by disobeying men. I must say that I fear the wrath of my God than that of humans. And there are no two ways about it and I will hold nothing back – my God must be obeyed.

Nebuchadnezzar sums up the faith and faithfulness of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego:  "They trusted in [their God] and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God." (3:28b)

Though I have not reached that point in faith like Daniels friends, but yet I thank God that I am not where I was and I am progressing in my faith walk.  With Gods help and grace I try my best to be faithful to him and obey his commands, there are times I fall, many times, but thanks to my God he is always there to lift me up.

Most of the time what holds me back may be fear of men and fear for my life.

The king acknowledged that the men were willing to defy his commands to obey the true King of Kings. He added that they were willing to give up their lives rather that serve any god other that their own. It would be easy for me to say that yes I would be willing to lay down my life to be faithful to God. I wonder however, how much I am sinning in ignorance now by not standing against the injustice in the society in which I live.

(Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?  

They trusted in their God, disobey the king, and was willing to die rather than serve any other God but their own God. To be honest, I don't think I am quite their yet where I would be willing to lay down by life.  However, I am striving to be that type of believer.  Fear would be the logical answer.      

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30)

Q. How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment?

A.Great

Q. Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God?

A. I wonder if I would. so help me God. Increase my faith Lord

Q. Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God?

A. Yes with the help of God

Q. What might hold you back?

A. Fear but God has not given us the spirit of fear but of love, power and sound mind

Nebuchadnezzar summed up their faith as being more important than life itself: Faith for God was birthed in the hearts of these Jewish men, their testimony revealed that they held dear the teachings of God that they have "no other gods before Him, that they "NOT" make or bow down to any graven image, and they understood, God’s mercy is offered to those who love God and keep His commandments. (Exo. 20:6)

Q5. Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

The love of God has taken root in my heart, as I strive to live by the word of my testimony, for death has no sting to those who are covered by the blood of the Lamb, man may be able to kill the body, but they cannot kill the soul of those who are "faithful".

They trust in God and set aside the wing's command or law to be faith to God. The Jews yield up their bodies to God almighty to serve Him and refused to serve any other. If it's not what God say in the Holy Bible, I will not accept it. I will do what I have to do to be faithful to God.

They trusted God so much that they were willing to yield their bodies that they might not serve or worship any other God.

I would hope so with God's help.

I would hope so despite any amount of fear I might have.  I do know if I chickened out I would have a very hard time living with it.  The price would not be worth it.

God Bless!

Jen

Romans 15:13

How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment?

They trusted in God and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

Yes! The way that the Supreme Court of the United States seems to be making a lot of laws and rules that are not right with God.

Yes! It is said, "That if I lay down my life for the Lord, that I will have a place in heaven."

Nothing, because I love my Lord, and I want to be with Him for eternity. I also want to be at that big banquet in heaven with the Lord and all the prophets that we read about in the Bible. I am also old and ready for the Lord.

They were willing to die rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.

Yes, I believe that I am.

I pray that I will be if/when it comes to that.

If my faith and salvation are as true and guaranteed (chosen of God) as I believe they are then nothing will hold me back, even the love of my own life or worry for my kids, wife or congregation..

"They trusted in [their God] and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God." (3:28b)

We are living in a somewhat similar time frame (2015) as Daniel was in that many laws are being instituted in the United States which are contrary to Christian belief and doctrine.  Case in point government agencies are having to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, this is the law of the land.  Kim Davis of Kentucky recently defied that law by not issuing these licenses to gay couples and she stood her ground.  I believe that before long each of us will be called upon to stand up for what we believe as Christians, I pray that I will be strong when the time comes.  Sharia law could easily be imposed upon America if it continues to be governed as it has been for the past 6+ years.  Christians will definitely (me included), will have to make a Daniel decision.

Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

I want to say without reservation that I would lay down my life to be faithful to God, if so required I pray that I'm faithful.  My humanity would be my worst enemy.  Come quickly Lord Jesus!

Q3. (Daniel 3:19-27) What effect does their deliverance have on their government official colleagues? What effect does it have on the king? What kind of glory does God receive?

1.  They were hardly able to believe that the fire had absolutely no effect on them or their clothing.

1.  The king was amazed, he humbled down and gave sudden respect for the "servants of the Most High God."

3.  He received the glory that MeshaShadrachch and Abednego’s God was real and delivered them.

Q3. (Daniel 3:19-27) What effect does their deliverance have on their government official colleagues? What effect does it have on the king? What kind of glory does God receive?

1.  They were hardly able to believe that the fire had absolutely no effect on them or their clothing.

1.  The king was amazed, he humbled down and gave sudden respect for the "servants of the Most High God."

3.  He received the glory that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego’s God was real and delivered them.

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) How does Nebuchadnezzar sum up their faith and commitment? Are you willing to disobey a command or law to be faithful to God? Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God? What might hold you back?

1.  The king rewards Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego with a promotion and decrees that no one is to say anything against their God.

1.  Yes

1.  Yes

1.  Actually nothing because I must be determined like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.I ask the Lord to please help me to stand.

The king sums up their faith by saying that they were willing to give up their lives to serve the Living God only!  Their trust in God was displayed very vividly for all to see. 

Yes!  I believe so. 

I have died to this world.  There is nothing here that is so important that I would die for it.  I believe that I can stand strong and faithful to lay down my life for the sake of God.

Nothing!

King Nebuchadnezzar has sum up their faith by a new decree as follows:

Dan 3:29  Therefore I make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.

I believe the question, "Are you willing to lay down your life to be faithful to God?" is not necessary to be answered now, because all Christians will answer "yes" right away.  Only when facing the challenge of the test that God may present to every individual, then the true answer may be revealed.

Q4. (Daniel 3:28-30) 

Nebuchadnezzar was so impressed with their commitment and trust in God that he forbade anyone to speak against the God of the Jews and promoted the three men in the province of Babylon. All this in spite of them having disobeyed his earlier command. No, I most definitely will not obey any command or law that goes against my Lord. I trust Him fully and try to live by the Word as exampled in Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. In almost all things I acknowledge Him. However, I hope I never have to make that decision about laying down my life to be faithful to God. I am too scared that I might fail my Lord. 

The king seems up to the faith and commitment of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego by saying praise be to their God, who sent an angel to rescue his servants. They trusted him and defiled the kings command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any other god except their own.

Yes, I would be willing to disobey a command or law if were to be unfaithful to God, even if it means going to jail.

I pray if the time comes that I will be faithful to God even if it meant death.

I might be held back if it involved the death of a family member.       

Lesson 3 question 4

Nebuchadnezzar states before everyone that these Jewish boys trusted their God and defied the king himself. The Jewish boys faith was vindicated.

Although I have to admit I would have tried to reason with the king, I would like to think that in the end my faith and hope in God would be strong enough to defy any earthly power or temptation-

God helping me.

What would hold me back? I suppose that my faith in God's power is sometimes not strong enough. Doubts arise. This indicates that I have to reach out and trust God for help.