JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 1 month later...

(Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel’s character qualities as a government official from verse 4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel’s God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you? 

Tthe character qualities of Daniel was:

1. Trustworthy. He tells the truth and can be counted on to be faithful to his responsibilities.
2. Diligent. He keeps up with all his duties and doesn't let anything slip.
3. Honest. He doesn't take money or bribes from those trying to break the rules or be preferred over others. He hasn't been corrupted by how he might further his own interests while in office.

Such qualities give all glory and honour to Yahweh. Daniel sets a high standard by which we can examine our own performance as employees.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse  4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?

NEW KING, OLD TACTICS: in order to get them out of the way (3:8; 6:13). DANIEL, LIKE FINE WINE, GOT BETTER WITH AGE AND SO DID HIS GOD!

WHAT IS PERVASIVE IS THAT colleagues are jealous that Jews have been promoted…in order to get them out of the way (3:8; 6:13)…. Daniel, at an advanced age, has been appointed to a high position..Daniel, by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom….the satraps tried to find grounds for charges against Daniel in his conduct of government affairs...NEW LEADER, NEW PEOPLE, NEW JOB--SAME INSECURITIES AND STRATEGIES!  GO FIGURE!

As for the employer seeing the qualities; it depends upon whether the employer is self propelled or abdicate the judgment of employees to SECOND IN COMMAND.  This is usually the chief of deceit, filtering out the good and replacing it with dissension for fear of being replaced.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse 4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?

Daniel’s commitment to God and preserving His precepts was of utmost importance to him. Before he took any public stand in regards to the king’s rule or decrees, he resolved in his own heart that what he had been taught had been truth and he was convicted to remain faithful to God. Inner convictions results in outer manifestations.

“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.” (Lk 6:45)

Daniel was trustworthy and honest and neither corrupt or negligent. Daniels conviction of the heart became the commitment of his life. Inner conviction always results in outward commitment and obedience. God’s kindly on those who revere Him and persevere to walk in His ways. God wanted Daniel and his friends to be distinct set apart persons and that’s what God had. "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children." (Eph 5:1)

As much as I like to do what others do at work like playing computer games, chit chat or gossip, during working hours, I prefer to get my daily work assignments done. My boss’ requirements are my first priority.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel’s character qualities as a government official from verse 4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel’s God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?

The notes state that Daniel was diligent, trustworthy and honest. He kept on top of and carried out his responsibilities without letting anything slip. He spoke the truth and was true to his word. He could be counted on. He did not accept any bribes, but worked for the interests of those whom he served. His jealous enemies could not find anything against him (6:4). Daniel put his God first and carried out his responsibilities and did his job as if he was serving God (Col 3:23). I do my best but probably fall far short of this.

(Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel’s character qualities as a government official from verse 4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel’s God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?          

We learn that Daniel's character was one of being faithful, honest and kept of with his duties. There was nothing that the government officials could find to criticize him on.  Theses qualities show that God is the same.  God is the perfect person to exemplify.  Yes, when I was in the work force, I made a point to show those qualities. 

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse  4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?

they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault in him... unless it was found concerning his God.

His character was of such integrity there was no fault to be found.  totally faithful to his (our) God.

Daniel honored his (our) God.  Do I?

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse 4?

1. Trustworthy. He tells the truth and can be counted on to be faithful to his responsibilities.

3. Honest. He doesn't take money or bribes from those trying to break the rules or be preferred over others. He hasn't been corrupted by how he might further his own interests while in office.

How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God?

Daniel sets high standards for God in his character.

Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?

I am retired now from the United States Air orce, but when I did work, I received all kinds of certificates, medals, Airman of the Month F-4 ride down to Key West, Florida. Yes, my supervisors in the Air Force did see these character qualities in me.

Daniel was trustworthy, Honest and Diligent.  He was so sincere in his duties that even when his colleagues searched to find mistakes in his work, they could not find any.

All these qualities of Daniel bring Glory to God whom he serves.

I have resigned from work now, but thanks to God, because of learning from His word, my employers did see many qualities such as Daniels work in mine too.  All glory to God.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse 4?

The officials could find no fault in Daniel. There was no corruption and his record was spotless. (honesty)

He was trustworthy, and diligent.

What we truly  believe is demonstrated in our actions and how we live every day. Daniel honored God by serving as "unto the Lord" with excellence, which drew his bosses and co-workers attention to his faith in his Excellent God.  

I'm retired now, but I am aware of how my behavior and actions reflect on my Lord, and my desire is not only to please Him but to honor Him before others, as One they may want to know.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel’s character qualities as a government official from verse 4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel’s God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?          

He was faithful, always responsible and completely trustworthy.

These qualities directly reflect the moral and ethical laws laid down by God for the Israelites. They also reflect the way God calls us as Christians to live. God is completely holy and the author of all moral law for humankind and His laws are righteous and just and He expects His people to live according to them.

In my previous jobs, I believe that they did. I listed the same kinds of qualities as strengths on my resume and always strove to live up to what I had professed as my standards. Now, as a pastor, I have no human supervisor. Jesus Christ is ultimately my employer and I can only pray that He approves of my efforts and for Him to constantly be with me as I try to model Christlike behavior to all around me. It's only through His strength that I can ever succeed.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel’s character qualities as a government official from verse 4?

Notice the character qualities of this government official. Daniel is:

How do such qualities reflect on Daniel’s God?

Daniel had represented himself as "a servant of the most high God".  There was no one in the kingdom who could question who he was and what he stood for.  You might say that at that time and place he represented what the Kingdom of God looked like.

Since becoming a Christian I have tried to hold true to these attributes and yes, they have seen these qualities in me.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse  4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God? Does your employer or supervisor see those qualities in you?

1.  He is honest, diligent,and trustworthy.

1.  The people can see the qualities of Daniel as a light of God.They also saw that God has people who faithfully serve him. 

3.  Yes

What do we learn about Daniel’s character qualities as a government official from verse 4?

There was no corruption in his duties, as well as him being trustworthy.  He was not negligent in his duties.

How do such qualities reflect on Daniel’s God?

These are characteristics of God, who bestowed them on Daniel.

When I did work, yes, I show forth honesty and trustworthiness in all my dealings with customers. 

Daniel's character qualities as a government official can be summarised as follows:

-Trustworthy. He tells the truth and can be counted on to be faithful to his responsibilities.

-Diligent. He keeps up with all his duties and doesn't let anything slip.

-Honest. He doesn't take money or bribes from those trying to break the rules or be preferred over others. He hasn't been corrupted by how he might further his own interests while in office.

The above qualities reflect his God who is just, true and faithful in His work and law.

I have done my best in my professional duties that my employer can trust me in my service, to maintain and provide good services to the public as expected by the organisation.

Considering the most recent example of Kim Davis, a Kentucky county clerk, who refused to issue marriage licence to same sex couples (though she has issued some licences to transgender couples).

Her argument is that she will defy God's law if she issue marriage licence to same sex couples.  But is that true?  Her private life has been revealed to the public that she had divorced 3 times and remarried 4 times.  How can she be a diligent witness to God through her faith?

I wonder if Kim Davis' case is a good example for witnessing our Christian faith.

My question is "Are we defying God's law when we have to serve the community as per decree of the civil law?"  The answer may vary depending on the understanding of individual person.

In my own reasoning, I will defy God's law if I practice homosexual act myself, but not if I am serving someone else according to the requirements of my job.  By taking action like Kim Davis, I am showing to others my intolerance attitude not my faithfulness to God.  I will become an example of pride not humility.  And if my history is blemished then God is not glorified through my action.

Humility, truthfulness are very much the essential characters of Christ's followers.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) 

What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse  4? 

From verse 4 we learn that Daniel was honest and faithful and did everything he was asked to do. These character qualities of loyalty and integrity must have stemmed from his right relationship with God. The other government officials were jealous of him, but could not find anything to accuse him of. This must have frustrated them to no end, and the only way to destroy him was by fabricating something between him and his God. I have been retired now for many years, and hopefully some of these character qualities were seen in me.  

Daniels character qualities as a government official are that he is trustworthy, faithful to his duties, diligent, lets nothing slip by him, honest, takes no bribes and he personally is not corrupt.

Daniel was a devout Jew and believed in his God with love and a complete compliant to the laws of Moses.

My employees seen these qualities in me, knowing that nothing got by me without doing it correctly and no deviations.   

Lesson 3 Question 5

The words trustworthy, diligent, and honest adequately describe Daniel's character. Although some people seem to have these characteristics inherently, I believe that they are gifts of God.

I pray to God for that I too will manifest these characteristics - let my light shine so that everyone will glorify God.

Q5. (Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse  4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God? Does your employer or supervisor see those 

a.We  learn that Daniels qualities and character were impeccable and without fault .there was faithfulness in him and no error in his responsibilities 

b.Reflection .A Faultless God 

c.Frankly speaking ,,personal integrity is not a character of present  job situation ,though as faithful ,one should and will adhere to the qualities of integrity in daily work ,We reflect Christ ,Praise  God who is able to deliver us ,Amen ,

It is impressive that even looking specifically for something corrupt, they could find nothing. "They could find no corruption in him, because he was trustworthy and neither corrupt nor negligent." Daniel had a close relationship with God and that relation caused God's qualities and character to rub off on him. I seek to reflect Jesus every day. And the Spirit continues to transform me to be more like Jesus.

Daniel 6:4) What do we learn about Daniel's character qualities as a government official from verse 4? How do such qualities reflect on Daniel's God.

Daniel was trustworthy and diligent. We are a reflection of who or what we worship so this gives a picture of God's character.

In his responsibilities as a government official (and in his personal life, I'm sure), Daniel reflected Yahweh's own character qualities of being trustworthy, diligent, and honest. The ESV translates that “he was faithful, and no error or fault was found in him”, which could certainly be said of God. Daniel obviously knew God in an intimate way. Now an older man who had worked in the king's service for many years, there was not one person who could find any grounds for complaint against Daniel even though many attempts were made to dig up some kind of "dirt" on him. His work ethic was impeccable and his record was exemplary. What a testimony of character!

Being self-employed and working at home, I haven't had an employer or supervisor in many years.  I have always tried to work with excellence and integrity.