JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Faithful Witness

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness? As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? What would it look like if you improved as a witness?

• 1 month later...

As the authentic Son of God who is the Word of God, Jesus is trustworthy in everything He says and does. Jesus is the full and truthful witness of the mind and person of God, something only possible because He is God. Jesus was faithful in His witness at the cost of His own physical life. The proof of His accurate and perfect witness is the resurrection, when the Father raised Him from death to be eternally restored to His rightful position in heaven.

It is important for believers to share testimony and give witness to others of things our Rabbi has taught us in our own personal lives. We're to be salt and light of His truth to the world around us. Seeing and knowing how truth has impacted and changed our lives is a powerful witness to hurting, hopeless people as we give testimony of God's love, truth, and faithfulness. I do try to respond to moments of opportunity, but I know I need to be more deliberately aware of those moments. Because of my position in Christ before God, I am already confident of resurrection and eternal life with Him. May the assurance of that truth make me more sensitive to opportunities to offer His Words of direction, encouragement, hope, or challenge. And may that truth of my standing with God be my courage and strength to be faithful to my witness for Him, no matter what I may face.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness? As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? What would it look like if you improved as a witness?

Jesus called the “true and faithful witness" because He is God in the flesh, He is the ultimate affirmation of truth and faithful.  Jesus witnessed to the Father that caused Him His life.  He was faithful in His witness as he upheld the Word of God to the very end.  As a disciple I am a faithful witness as I speak the unadulterated Word of God and by His grace, mercy and strength I will to the very end.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”? What did he witness to?

​Jesus lived a perfect, sinless, obedient life and is "true and faithful" to witness or reveal His Father to the world through His spoken Word while on earth

​and through His Words recorded in Scripture since that time. There is no guile nor deceit in Him. He is wholly reliable and trustworthy in all His ways and words. ​He was faithful unto the shameful and horrific death on the Cross, so that we might live to the glory of the Father.

How was he faithful in his witness?

​He revealed without fear or intimidation exactly Who the Father is, what His Father's Kingdom looks like, and how He intends His Kingdom to be on earth, just as it is in Heaven. He never withheld the truth, no matter how painful it may have been to hear. (Sometimes the truth hurts, but it never harms!) Jesus' purpose was never about His own plans, but always about being faithful to do and say only what He heard His Father saying and doing.

As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life?

​My desire is to be a "true and faithful witness", which is half the battle. I pray for courage and wisdom to share. He's put it on my heart to write a book about all that He has done in my life, which is both painful to relive, but joyful to look back on the wonders and miracles He has  brought into

​our lives as He continues to deliver us.

​There have been times when I've shared with someone then thought "that was weak"...but it's always truth, and I trust that Holy Spirit takes my inadequate words and empowers them with His life and by His Spirit.

What would it look like if you improved as a witness?

I suppose no missed opportunities. Sometimes I'm just not sure. My hairdresser is from a Muslim background, and I've shared with her for 5 years, but have thought that maybe I'm not "direct" enough. Recently though with ISIS on the news every day, I mentioned "Captive in Iran", a book I'm reading, written by two Iranian Christian young women who were imprisoned for 9 months for their belief in Jesus and for starting a home church and distributing New Testaments in the Farsi language. I had no idea she was born in Iran until I asked if she'd ever heard of the evil Evin Prison, and she told me her father in law, a policeman, was shot and killed there for threatening to tell the outside world what went on inside those walls. I'm giving her the book, which I pray will give import to the  "seeds" of my testimony I've shared, and the answers to my prayers for her that she has experienced being answered. If you read this, please join me in praying for her and her family's salvation...that reading this book about her homeland will be the harvest of her soul and of her family's souls.

Jesus is faithful--dependable, trustworthy.  We can count on Him for the absolute Truth.  He is faithful to speak truth.

He testifies of the truth even up to Him giving His own life on the cross. He is the only true witness of God, His Father.

He spoke only the truth.

I try to be open to share with others and to have Bible study with the elderly.

There is always improvements to be made.  I imagine I would use more of my free time to speak to others about Him.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness? As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? What would it look like if you improved as a witness?          ​

Jesus is called the true and faithful witness because he always keeps his word and can be trusted.

Jesus witness to the Father, the father's words.

Jesus witness tot the Father cost him his life.  and so he is the ultimate faithful witness.

I am growing as a witness, not reached to the place where I should be as sometimes I fear or feel weak, but by Gods grace surely I will be what he has planned and destined me to be.

If I improved I am sure I will be able to lead many more souls into Gods kingdom.

Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness?

Jesus is called the "true and faithful witness" because he is a faithful teacher, he is the source of all truth and he is one who stands firm.  Jesus witnessed to the Father.  Jesus is faithful, that is dependable and trustworthy to communicate the Father's words accurately.

As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? What would it look like if you improved as a witness?   

I share the Word that was given, from God, to my Man of God to give to me.  I must be sure not to add to or take away from the word when witnessing.  My testimony to what the Lord has done for me in my life can be powerful tool to win people over to Christ.  There is always room for improvements and if I improved more in my witnessing more souls would be saved. 

Jesus was a true and faithful witness because He lived up His word to God by dying on the cross. Jesus is definitely true and faithful to His word in my life. Everything He say in the Bible that He will do, He is always doing in my life. I can count on Him to live up to His word in every area of my life.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”?

It is a strange question as Jesus is part of the Trinity and therefore God Himself. There can in my opinion be no better witness.

What did he witness to?

Jesus witnessed about God.

Jesus faithfully witnessed and admonished whenever it was needed without regards to other peoples opinions and His own safety. He actually exibited with this the type of trust we should have in Him. The same kind of trust He had in His Father's timing.

As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life?

I have witnessed to as many people as God put in my path to witness to. It is quiet now and I have no one to tell my story to at the moment, I just have to trust Him that He will use my trials that I have gone through for His glory in His time.

I guess I would be more effective and reach more people for Him. I can't really say what it would look like as I am not a preacher and I am not eloquent. Also I find it difficult sometimes to speak about it as I have to be in a solid frame of mind to be able to talk about it and not cry. So I really do not know, only God knows.

Jesus is called the “true and faithful witness” because he never wavered from his mission here on earth. He witnessed to the one and only God of this universe. As a disciple the degree that I am a “true and faithful witness” is that I tell others what God has done for me in my life.

Jesus was called the true and faithful witness because he went about his father's work (John 5:17, Rev 1:5, John 1:7). Being a faithful witness to our God is not only telling others about him but also my life must measure up to what I profess to believe (Matt 7:16).

Jesus was a faithful and true witness to the exact iota of who God is because He is God.  How could He be else?

He witnessed to the people to the death on the cross.  Doesn't get more faithful than that.

I am growing as a witness.  It is a life long process that requires devotion of time for studying, meditating, prayer.

God Bless!

Jen

Jude 20

In Revelation 3:14 Jesus is called the "True and Faithful Witness" because Christ is the "Amen", a Hebrew word, he is the ultimate affirmation of God's word.

Jesus witnessed (testified) to the people God the Father's word and that he was the Son of God himself.

Jesus was a faithful witness because it cost him his life to testify about God the Father and himself.

As a disciple I am a true and faithful witness for Christ to the point I could lose my life. Jesus has redeemed my life from eternal damnation from God, he teaches us to follow him and live a holy life.

If I improved as a witness for Christ many people would hear the word of God as taught by the Lord, the Spirit and the Apostles. 

Q3. (Revelation 3:14)

Q. Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”?

A. He testifies about God the Father and the way of to life through the gospel message and such testimony is true and trust worthy. He is dependable and reliable.

Q. How was he faithful in his witness?

A. He declared all that the Father sent to do even to the point of death

Q. As a disciple, to what degree are you a “true and faithful witness” to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? 

A. I have have not been a faithful witness as I ought to have been. Have mercy Lord and grant me the grace to be a faithful witness as you were.

Q. What would it look like if you improved as a witness? 

A. I will declare and proclaim the Gospel to the un-saved.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the "true and faithful

witness"? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness?

As a disciple, to what degree are you a "true and faithful witness" 

to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life?

What would it look like if you improved as a witness?

1. Jesus is the Faithful One because he always keeps his word and

can be trusted.

2. Jesus testifies at the cost of his life. Jesus' witness to the Father 

cost him his life.

3. In bearing the Father's words, Jesus is faithful, that is dependable and

trustworthy to communicate the Father's words accurately.

4. I am not a shame of him. I will witness to others in a Godly manner. I am

an examine to the world.

5. More people would get saved.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) 

Why is Jesus called the "true and faithful witness"? 

What did He witness to? 

How was He faithful in His witness? 

As a disciple, to what degree are you a "true and faithful witness" to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? 

Jesus is called the “true and faithful witness” because He is THE truth and THE faithful One to God’s Word. 

He is also a witness to God and His truth, and He can approve of nothing which the God of truth would not approve. 

The word of Jesus is the last word, the final word of God to man, and as believers we cannot depart from His Word. 

Therefore, the Lord Jesus can speak of Himself as the Amen (firmly established, faithful, trustworthy), the Faithful and True Witness, and the One who guarantees and fulfils the promises of God. 

Being the only person who was ever seen God the Father, He, therefore, knows God like no one has ever known Him.

The witness that Jesus was witness to, grew out of this personal experience. 

He came into the world to show that His Father is a just and merciful God who relates to His people in love and grace. 

By dying on the Cross, Jesus showed just how much God the Father and God the Son love us.

As believers, we are also told to give testimony about His love to others. 

Jesus called us to proclaim the Gospel throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations. 

Evil will always be with us until our Lord comes again. Come, Lord Jesus! 

From Moses through all of the prophets that preceded the birth of Jesus Christ, none of them knew GOD as Jesus did.

As the "firstborn" Son, the only begotten of GOD, His testimony of His Father is as a Witness to His glory. As the only begotten of GOD, He was and is IN the bosom of the Father and Who could be a better witness of GOD's grace and mercy than Jesus Christ.

Who could show us GOD as Creator, Sustainer and Perfector as Jesus can and does. His witness of the Father comes from His own intimate knowledge of Him as "He is the image of GOD." Psalm 2:7John 1:14John 1:18John 3:16Colossians 1:15

Who could reveal to us GOD the Father better than GOD the Son Who has been with Him from the beginning! John 1:2

And as GOD the Father is being revealed to us by His Only Begotten Son, we will walk in a growing knowledge of Him Who "begot" and be able to share with those we meet that knowledge of His saving grace.

In 1 John 5 we can read, "Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of GOD, and everyone who loved Him Who begot also loves Him Who is begotten of Him."

His faithfulness as the witness of GOD's glory is to bring all who believe that Jesus is the Christ ("the Anointed One, the Messiah, the Son of GOD), into the family of GOD, as those who have been begotten through the gospel. 1 Corinthians 5:15

When Pilate asked if He was "a" king, Jesus replied, "You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." John 18:37

As a royal witness, Jesus Christ revealed His Father's glory and was a Witness to the Truth, to Himself. John 8:18

I pray each morning that the testimony I will give that day of GOD will be received and believed.

I pray too, that I will not grow so "familiar" with Scripture that I lose my curiosity or that my heart becomes hard and unteachable as one who believes that because I have read all of the bible and are "familiar" with much of His Word, that I don't need to be persistent, diligent to rightly divide His Word and study to see the depth of His Word.

The more of His light He gives us, the more is required of us to share with others. Luke 12:48

And finally, I am reminded how GOD can use anyone to be a witness of His grace and mercy. If He can open the mouth of a donkey (Numbers 22:28) He can open the mouth of one who loves Him and desires above all things to serve Him.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the “true and faithful witness”?

My Answer: Jesus is referred to as The Amen, which by definition means true, to confirm, faithful.

What did he witness to?

My Answer: Jesus witnessed to the Word of God. He is the personification of the Word of God.

My Answer: Jesus' message was consistent, never changing to suit His audience. He represented and committed to God's Word to the point of surrendering His life, which included momentary separation from His Father as He descended into hell, ultimately defeating sin and death and ascending to the right hand of the Father.

My Answer: Jesus is My Lord and Savior. I strive to live as a witness to Him, with joy and peace. When God gives me the opportunity and His inspiration, I tell the story of my relationship with Jesus, knowing that He will fertilize the seeds of faith in His time. 

My Answer: It would look like every day of my life. In my own strength, I am weak and prone to sin. In His strength, I am strong and without sin, pure and worthy of eternal life with God. Every day is a journey to improving as His witness, in my words and deeds. Studying and reflecting on His Word fuels the energy and resolve that it takes to represent Him in all circumstances. 

Jesus is called the true and faithful witness because He truely accepted to come down in human form to witness or testify about His father and faithfully went to the cross to fulfill His father's mission of redemption.

He witness tothe love of God and the everlasting convenant the God promised to mankind to redeemed us from our sins and bring us to salvation.

He was truely faithfull in that He indured persecutions,accepted all challenges,gave up himself to die to bring us salvation.

As a disciple, I stand strong on His word in and out of season, preaching and tearching the whole council of His word.

If I improve in my witness, more prople will come to the saving knowledge of christ, swelling the kingdom of God.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the "true and faithful witness"? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness? As a disciple, to what degree are you a "true and faithful witness" to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? What would it look like if you improved as a witness?

He is the first to rise from the dead.

The Trinity—the Father (“the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come”), the Holy Spirit (“the sevenfold Spirit”), and the Son (Jesus Christ)—is the source of all truth Thus, we can be assured that John’s message is reliable and is God’s word to us.

Jesus is divine, but he is not divine with exactly the same divinity as God, but he is the witness to God in all that God is and does and says and teaches and commands” and so on.

Many hesitate to witness about their faith in Christ because they don’t feel the change in their lives has been spectacular enough. But you qualify as a witness for Jesus because of what he has done for you, not because of what you have done for him. Christ demonstrated his great love by setting us free from our sins through his death on the cross (“freed us from our sins by shedding his blood for us”), guaranteeing us a place in his Kingdom, and making us priests to administer God’s love to others. The fact that the all-powerful God has offered eternal life to us is nothing short of spectacular.

Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us a kingdom, priests to God his Father (his God and Father), to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. He will be coming with the clouds, and everyone will see him.

Q3. (Revelation 3:14) Why is Jesus called the "true and faithful witness"? What did he witness to? How was he faithful in his witness? As a disciple, to what degree are you a "true and faithful witness" to the Word that your Rabbi has taught and has done in your life? What would it look like if you improved as a witness?

Jesus is the true and faithful witness because everything He said was from the Father. He was a witness of the Father but also everything the Old Testament spoke about regarding His coming. By sharing His love and my testimony and the fulfillment of the Word is how I become a true and faithful witness. I imagine if I improved as a witness Jesus would be glorified and more souls would be won to the kingdom.

• 9 months later...

Jesus is called the 'the and faithful witness' because he said and did exactly what God wants. 

He witness to the Father and the Father's words.

Jesus was a faithful witness because he always keeps his word and can be trusted. 

Personally I tried to live according to God's words and tell others the truth of God's Word.

• 1 year later...

Jesus is called the true and faithful one because everything He says is true. Just like God, the Father He cannot lie. He is true to His word and will always do what he says. He told the disciples that when he left the Holy Spirit would come and that is what happened. He said that the temple, which was His body, would be destroyed and raised up in 3 days and it was. Even Though the Pharisees thought He meant the temple itself. He said that we would have tribulation in this world but that he had overcome it and give us His peace and He did.

Everything he prophesied about the end times has come to pass so far. That is why He is a true and faithful witness.

Jesus witnessed to the truth that He was the Son Of God and that He and the Father were one. He said that there was only way to get to heaven. He was faithful in testifying about the Gospel message and the end times. Jesus was faithful even unto death on the cross.

As far as I am concerned I am not being a good witness in telling the good news as I should. I spend time with Him but not enough and I do not pray as i should either. I know I have disappointed Him. I have not spoken enough about what He did for me.

If I were a better witness i might reach more people and have more joy and peace in my life. I might be able to have more trust in Him too. I would be drawn closer toHim through it.