JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Authority of Son of Man

Pastor Ralph

• 1 month later...

Recently I read a most interesting perspective of Daniel 7. The four beasts of the prophecy were brutes, the animals of man's lower nature that is essentially immoral and self-concerned. Mighty earthly kingdoms have been established by such beasts throughout the history of the world. It seemed nothing could topple them, but each one found themselves suddenly crumbled and destroyed because they are products of sin that have been judged by God. The Son of Man came to forever defeat man's lower “animal” nature and to redeem humanity from the sin that binds us in it. His redemption frees us to access the higher spiritual nature by the power of the Spirit. This is the degree of God's own image and nature that He chose to place within man at creation (Genesis 1:26-27) – the nature of spiritual goodness and morality that sets us above the animal world, that crowns us with glory and honor (Psalm 8:5). His deliverance establishes us to reign with Him in the eternal righteous Kingdom that He gives to the Saints of the Most High God. This defines the value He places on humanity, our proper estimation of Him, and our relationship with Him.

There is nothing on earth or all creation that can overcome or defeat Jesus, the Son of Man, so we have no excuse to indulge fear and be paralyzed by it. There is nothing or no one who has any dominion, power, or authority over Jesus, so we owe Him all loyalty and allegiance. There is no one else who is divine from heaven, so we must trust Him as pure truth and give Him our obedience. There is nothing and no one of creation that can match the glory and majesty of Jesus, so we should be humbled in reverent worship and loving adoration. The choice is clear and sure: submit to King Jesus and His eternal spiritual Kingdom, or remain under control of a beastly ruler of earth as a part of the judged and doomed kingdom he represents.

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel's prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus' power and glory?

​First of all, I can't wait for Him to reign over all the kingdoms of the earth! He is my Savior, my Lord, my God. I will live eternally because He chose and redeemed me. I'll be forever thankful that He hunted me down and loved me into His family!

​He is the reason I live, and has my obedience and my worship. His power is beyond what I can fathom. When I see pictures of the constellations, and the unimaginable size of the planets 100 times larger than the sun, it is too overwhelming to think about! That the One who breathes stars into existence and yet cares about every aspect of my little life and loves me no matter what causes me to fall on my face in worship! He deserves my best! "Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus!"

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel's prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus' power and glory?

​I just read in Exodus the verses on the death of Aaron's two sons for offering strange fire.  This is the same God we worship and it is still worship that is to be taken seriously and with, love, caution, gratitude and reverence to our Lord and His commands and laws.  We may live under grace now however we are still worshipping the same God.  He is worthy of our worship, our obedience, He has all power and is to be reverenced above all.  He is the Only God and if we love Him we will obey and worship Him as Daniel did.

God Bless!

Jen

Jude 24,25

I know He is all in all, the mighty one who was born to die for my sins. He is worthy of my worship and praise, and He has all glory. Jesus was given this power so all man on earth would obey Him. His rule is eternal and would never end or be destroyed.

Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus’ power and glory?       

He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him.  He is to be worshipped and obeyed because He is worthy of our praise and obedience. 

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14)

Q. Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel's prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus' power and glory?

A. Jesus being the Son of Man does not mean that he is a mere mortal. He is God who by incarnation became man that he would live among men and died for our sin. As God, he could not die. He is Man and God, not one or the other.

Therefore I obey and worship him in spirit and truth.

Jesus has all power and authority, yet He deigns to walk with me.
He knows me more than I know myself. There is a time for His judgement to discipline me,
and a time for His mercy to forgive me. Though I should use my own inadequate words,
What I'd like to say, Luther says more beautifully... .
'He has redeemed me, a lost and condemned person, purchased and won me from all sins,
from death and the power of the devil; not with gold or silver, but with His holy precious blood
and His innocent suffering and death, that I may be His own and live under Him in His kingdom
and serve Him in everlasting righteousness, innocence and blessedness, just as He is risen
from the dead, lives and reigns to all eternity.' Notice that no fear is mentioned....'tis mercy all! 

The implication is that Jesus is God and took mans appearance to pay for our sins. He should be obeyed and worshipped for His is all the power and the glory. Praise His name for ever and ever.

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus’ power and glory?

He is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings (Revelation 19:16). Jesus is who he claimed to be.

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus’ power and glory?

Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniels prophecy this will have a great implication to obedience to Jesus. Our worship will be a faithful belief in him and the power in the name of Jesus is essential to his ability to provide for us. He over came the world by dying for our sins, he over came death and hell and his glory is forever.      

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) 

Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel's prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus' power and glory?

This worldly dominion will ultimately be overthrown by the Kingdom of God, and then Jesus will have all power and glory.

He will be the Divine-Human Messiah, our Saviour-King, one like the Son of Man, coming on the clouds, yet being Divine. 

Jesus called Himself the “Son of Man” often in an attempt to convince the Israelites that He was the one who had come to establish the Kingdom of God.

But we see that His humanity was a stumbling block to many who had other ideas about who the Messiah would be. 

In His Kingdom, only believers who totally surrender to His will, will be tolerated. 

All people, nations, and languages, will serve Him, embrace his Gospel, submit to His commandments, and worship Him. 

Unbelievers will receive everlasting punishment. 

As my Lord and Saviour demands total obedience, and worship - I must be prepared for this obedience and loyalty.  

I must be more focused on His Second Coming, and become more heavenly-minded. 

He is God to be worshiped in "spirit and in truth."  He has given too nus His Word to know Him and to obey His commandments.  When we walk in obedience, we bring glory to Him.  It's in the obedience, that we walk in the power and authority of God and we get to see the demonstration of His power and glory right here on earth.  Hallelujah!!! 

My Answer: As the Son of Man, Jesus set aside His Godly authority to live among and as a human being. Therefore He was tempted as we are tempted, He had aches and pains just as we do, He was trapped in a mortal body as we are, He felt fatigued and overwhelmed just as we do, He felt hunger and thirst as we do, He saw the world through our eyes and felt compassion for us intimately. He laughed and played with His siblings, parents and friends. He worked hard at the carpentry trade that Joseph taught Him. Through it all, He never sinned, He was obedient to His Father at all times, His highest priority was living for His Father and accomplishing the work assigned to Him. What a role model for me!

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel's prophecy, what

implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation 

of Jesus”s power and glory?

1. I should respect and serve him as God having an everlasting dominion and

kingdom that will never be destroyed.This means to obey and be directed by

him so that I can enter his kingdom.

Jesus declared his royalty in no uncertain terms. In saying he was the Son of Man, Jesus was claiming to be the Messiah, as his listeners well knew. He knew this declaration would be his undoing, but he did not panic. He was calm, courageous, and determined.

As like Daniel it would require us to be obedience, commitment, perseverance and prayer asking God for divine strength and supernatural motivation giving to the glory to God. God to be worshiped in "spirit and in truth

He is God to be worshipped in spirit and in truth.

He has given us His word to know Him and to obey Him and His commands.

When we walk in obedience, we bring glory to Him. It is in the obedience that we walk in the power and authority of god and we get to see the demostration of his power and glory on earth

Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel's prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus' power and glory?

Jesus is the fulfillment, and He will complete it when He returns. He deserves all worship and His power and authority is over all. Just meditating on this and the scriptures in Revelation is inspiring.

• 2 years later...

It means that I am to ultimately submit myself to Him and obey Him completely. I am to give myself wholly to worship Him with my whole being. I am to honor and glorify Him for He is God incarnate and He is all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere at once. He has supreme power and reigns over everything and every being. I am to praise Him and give Him what He is due.

It means that i must do everything in my spiritual life to obey Him and worship Him. It also means that I must obey Him as I recover from my addiction to food as an idol and materialism as an idol. That means working the 12 steps faithfully according to the Bible that I have and doing what it says no matter how hard it is. That means daily giving God control of all my situations and letting him take the wheel and have control and instead of me being control. Since I have made a complete mess out of my life as is. That means taking time out of my day to spend it with Him.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This was a new revelation for me.  When I started this lesson this week I thought it would be boring because it was on Jesus as the Son of Man.  I thought it woild just be about His humanity.  It was very enlightening to see the reference to Son of Man in Daniel.  I will never think of Jesus being the Son of Man again in the same way.   . 

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:16 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus’ power and glory? It makes no difference to me how Jesus is referred. We all know he is the Son of God, raised by mortal parents. His power and glory does not change according to the name you place on him.