JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. King of Glory

• 3 months later...

When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?

Personally, I expect to being with all.  Forever and ever and the King of Glory over and in all things, especially my life.

Jesus! Relatives too, but the highlight will be Jesus!

He is the King--satan will lose his spot and Jesus will reign. There is no end to His reign!

A growing desire to be with Him and serve Him.

Thank you for this study, Pastor Wilson!

Q5 (Revelation 11:15: Psalm 24:7 When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus?

​ I hear people say they look forward to spending time with family, but I can only speak for myself. After experiencing the Presence of the Lord when He came into my room all those years ago, I don't think it will matter who else is there! (An old saint said to me when I was a baby Christian, I think we will be surprised who is there and who we thought would be there that isn't)

As I read the Bible I often think about how wonderful it will be to meet Paul, and the Apostles and Moses and Joshua, David and Mary and Elizabeth and Anna and to hear their stories in their own words...to have questions answered that I've always wondered about.

​I have my great grandmother's Bible and from the little notes and things pressed between the pages I'm convinced she knew the Lord. I look forward to meeting her and the ancestors who laid the groundwork for me to come to Christ through their prayers for future generations.  I hope to meet the young woman who gave my mother up for adoption, and saw that she was placed with Christians. 

​That was an interesting and fun question to ponder!!!!f I can't wait to get there!!!! I'm homesick for my true home!

What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever?

When Jesus comes again, He will come as King of Kings and Lord of Lords and His Kingdom will never end. (He is the First and the Last) He will be in His rightful place as Sovereign, all things under His Lordship...no other kings will reign.

In what way is he the King of Glory in you life?

​When we first started walking together He was my savior and I was truly grateful for all He has done for me. Over the years as I've grown to know and to love Him and have learned to yield to Him, He has become my Lord, and my King of Glory. My desire is for Him to reign every day in my life!

​What a wonderful study this has been....I can't wait for next study lessons to arrive!!!!

Q6. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?

My Answer: the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:

“The kingdom of the world has become

the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,

and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Lift up your heads, you gates;

be lifted up, you ancient doors,

that the King of glory may come in.

I most look forward to seeing family, my father, Aunt Teen, my baby. God is with me now and I, of course, look forward to being with Him on a more intense level but I have not had any contact with the ones who died.

Jesus is Alpha and Omega, He was, is and will be the King.

Jesus is the King of Glory in my life. All roads were created by Him and lead me back to Him. He never leaves me.

Q6. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?

The seventh trumpet is sounded, announcing the arrival of the King. There is now no turning back. The coming judgments are no longer partial but complete in their destruction. God is in control, and he unleashes his full wrath on the evil world that refuses to turn to him. When his wrath begins, there will be no escape.

People that time were so hard-hearted that even plagues did not drive them to God. People don’t usually fall into immorality and evil suddenly—they slip into it a little bit at a time until, hardly realizing what has happened, they are irrevocably mired in their wicked ways. Any person who allows sin to take root in his or her life will end up in this predicament. Temptation entertained today becomes sin tomorrow, a habit the next day, then death and separation from God forever. To think you could never become this evil is the first step toward a hard heart. Acknowledge you need to confess your sin before God.

The King of glory is the Lord Almighty, is the Messiah himself, eternal, holy, and mighty. This was cry for the church, but it also looks forward to Christ’s future entry into the new Jerusalem to reign forever.

The psalm music is used in corporate worship. It has been reenacted many times in the Temple that time. The people outside would call out to the Temple gates to open up and let the King of glory in. From inside, the priests or another group would ask, “Who is the King of glory?” Outside, the people would respond in unison, “The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, invincible in battle,” proclaiming his great power and strength. The exchange was then repeated, and the Temple gates would swing open, symbolizing the people’s desire to have God’s presence among them. I have the desire to live in the presents of God all the time.

Q5. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) 

When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? 

Relatives? Jesus? 

What does it mean that He will reign forever and ever? 

In what way is He the King of Glory in your life?

I imagine heaven as a glorious place where we shall still worship and serve our Lord, without any fatigue, distress, persecution, or affliction. 

We will be morally like the Lord Jesus Christ, and our bodies will be free from the possibility of defilement, sin, sickness, sorrow, and death.

The process of becoming like Jesus will have been completed and we shall see Him as He is - for to see Him is to be like Him.

Therefore, when I think of spending eternity in heaven, I most definitely look forward to being with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

And He shall reign,

And He shall reign,

And He shall reign,

He shall reign,

And He shall reign forever and ever

King of kings, forever and ever,

And lord of lords, hallelujah, hallelujah,

King of kings and lord of lords,

Forever and ever, forever and ever

(King of kings and lord of lords)

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah

Hallelujah.

(Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?          

I feel that people most look forward to seeing Jesus then relatives.  Jesus will reign forever and ever means because he is King of King's and Lord of Lord's he has the power and all other rulers will be conquered and will reign forever and ever.  He is the King of Glory in my life because he is the only one that has an open line where I can call on him day or night.  He is my Rock, Savior, Deliverer, Counselor, my all and all.  Through Him, all things are possible.

I think of spending eternity in heaven with Jesus because I will get to see Him as He is. Jesus will reign as King over this entire world and everything in it forever. He will be the King of glory. He is the King of glory in my life because I live to please and worship Him. All the glory belongs to Him.

Q5. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?

With the Lord Jesus Christ

No end to His reign. For eternity.

He is the One that rules my live.

Sometimes when I have an anniversary for a birthday or date of someone I loved who died the longing to see that person again is intense.  It doesn't mean we look forward  to seeing that person more than Jesus but that at that moment missing them and longing for that one that the Lord put in my life is brought to the fore front.   I look forward to spending time with them all but Jesus is my Lord and Savior and He is foremost.  The One who created me, gave me life, died for me that I might spend eternity with Him is the One I long to see first and the others will be waiting for me and we will live forever in harmony and love with the Lord.

God bless!

Jen

1 Peter 1:3-5

Most if not all people I know look forward to seeing relatives in heaven. As for myself I want to see Jesus, my savior first. Because of him I have been forgiven of my sins and he is my savior and King. I will have plenty of time in heaven to see relatives and others, an eternity in fact.

After evil has been defeated in the end, Jesus will reign over nations and kings forever. God has given all authority in heaven and earth to Jesus. The Lord will give the church and all to the Father, we shall dwell forever with them.

Jesus is the King of Glory in my life, because he is the Only Son of God the Father and he suffered and died for my sins. Jesus glorified the Father and the Father glorified Jesus by raising him from the dead. This is the One I love, why would anyone do all this for me, especially God.    

This has been an amazing study revealing who Jesus really is and I pondering on where he is positioned in my life.

People look forward to being with Jesus I believe. We know him and have come to love and trust him but never been in a face to face encounter with him. It will be so fulfilling to finally meet him. I long to see the face of God too, not even Moses could see his face while on earth!

Jesus begun his reign and it will be for eternity. I long for the time of glorification when sin will no longer have a place and he will reign with the saints forevermore. There will be no end to his reign.

Jesus is the king of glory in my life in that whatever I do is through him who gives me strength and the glory thus belongs to him. I desire to worship him only and honor him with my life.

Thanks so much for these lessons. I look forward to more. Blessings.

I imagine heaven as a glorious place where we shall still worship and serve our Lord, without any fatigue, distress, persecution, or affliction. 

We will be morally like the Lord Jesus Christ, and our bodies will be free from the possibility of defilement, sin, sickness, sorrow, and death.

The process of becoming like Jesus will have been completed and we shall see Him as He is - for to see Him is to be like Him.

Therefore, when I think of spending eternity in heaven, I most definitely look forward to being with my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

And He shall reign,

And He shall reign,

And He shall reign,

He shall reign,

King of kings, forever and ever,

And lord of lords, hallelujah, hallelujah,

Forever and ever, forever and ever

(King of kings and lord of lords)

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah

Hallelujah.

It means just what it says, Jesus will reign for ever and ever. I am seeking Him with all my heart and though I am still very far from it I want Him to saturate my life. He is my King of Glory.  

Q6. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending

an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? 

Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and

ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?

1. They look forward to spending time with Jesus, the king.

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which 

the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day and not

only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 

(2 Timothy 4:8)

1. Jesus will be the ruler,king, and empereor forever and always.

1. Jesus is the King of the Jews, but he is more than that. He is 

also king over all other realms and kings.Jesus is also proclaimed to be,

"the ruler of the kings of the earth" or "prince of the kings of the 

earth," (Revelation 1:5).He is my saviour and has the power to help me

in all the ways needed of me. He is strength for me and everything I need.   

Q5. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with? Relatives? Jesus? What does it mean that he will reign forever and ever? In what way is he the King of Glory in your life?

A great old Baptist preacher, R. G. Lee once said, "Heaven is the most marvelous place the wisdom of GOD could conceive and that the power of GOD could prepare."

I can't speak for others about what they might be looking forward to seeing in heaven, but for myself, even though I will look for those whom I loved while they were on the earth, my heart is turned toward the One Who gave His life for me.

There is truly no definition of "eternity," not one that can be fully comprehended by the human intellect.

Our Almighty GOD does not occupy a place in "time" as know it.

For Him there no "shadow of turning." (James 1:17) nor can we confine GOD in our understanding of time.

Because we are physical beings, existing in physical space, GOD Who is a Spirit (John 4:24) resides outside of time. He created "time" to be measured (Genesis 1) but for Him the marking of the days, the years and the seasons is irrelevant.

It will be for each of us as a believer in Christ Jesus, whether the rescue from the earth comes by way of death or at the "twinkling of an eye" (1 Corinthians 15:52) heaven will be the destination!

In his book "The Weight of Glory," C. S. Lewis wrote: "We know not what we shall be (1 John 3) but we may be sure we shall be more, not less, than we were on earth. Our natural experiences (sensory, emotional, imaginative) are only like the drawing, like penciled lines on flat paper. If they vanish in the risen life, they will vanish only as pencil lines vanish from the real landscape, not as a candle flame that is put out but as a candle flame which becomes invisible because someone has pulled up the blind, thrown open the shutters, and let in the blaze of the risen sun."

I suspect that he was right!

As we stand now on earth, alive and breathing, we can see and think only of those things that are within our physical realm and ability to understand. So while we may miss some of those whom have gone on before us (I know I do!) when that moment comes, He will outshine everyone and our eyes will be locked on Him, and I doubt that we will be standing!

For just as the twenty-four elders "who sat before GOD on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped GOD" we will be doing the same, giving thanks for "the One Who is, Who was and Who is to come." Revelation 11:16

To understand that His reign as LORD of His kingdom will be "for ever and ever" is limited by our understanding of time and space. We exist in 4 dimensions: length, width, height and time.

GOD was most gracious to us to give us those four dimensions, for if we had been created on a single dimension, we would have existed as single pearl on a knotted string, unable to move in any direction.

In His wisdom He gave us so much more.

The riches of His wisdom and knowledge - Romans 11:33; the riches of His glory - Romans 9:23 & Ephesians 1:18; the riches of His grace - Ephesians 1:7 & 2:7 and the "unsearchable riches of Christ" - Ephesians 3:8.

His glory is supreme and in my life, all effort is towards boasting of His wisdom, strength and mercy as it is displayed in my life which I pray each day stands as a witness to His grace.

If any good has ever come or will ever come from my life, it is only because of Him in my life.

I think that might be the only "boasting" that is not sin!

As the Prophet Jeremiah said in Jeremiah 9:23-24, "Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches; But let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I AM the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgement, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight" says the LORD."

When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, I think that they will mostly look forward to being with Jesus. Jesus reigning forever and ever means that He alone will be Lord, Ruler, Redeemer, King of the Universe and will never be overthrown or replaced.  This is the Lord and King who directs and sustains my life.  I bow my knees to the King of Kings!

• 2 years later...

I think for those closest to Jesus they think about finally seeing the one who died for them on the cross and then they think about their loved ones. Others both saved and unsaved often think about their relatives or friends who have died. I believe this is the case with people who think they will get to heaven because they are good and others who have strayed find it easier to think about meeting their loved ones than seeing the sorrow in their Lord's eyes for a life that was wasted.

I believe that reigning forever and ever will mean that He will reign throughout eternity without end. Not just for a thousand years but for thousands of years afterward. His kingdom will have no end. 

He is my King of Glory because He has defeated death, hell and the grave for me. He has brought me through very hard times and He never left me. He is glorious and full of splendor and deserves all of my praise and thanks. He is the only king who is holy and righteous and brighter than the sun. 

For most of the world they consider relatives and not the Lord. For Christians who are really close to God it’s Jesus then relatives. For Christians on the opposite spectrum it’s the opposite way instead. It means that His Kingdom will never end. He reigns supreme in all areas of my life I no longer compartmentalize my life from Him anymore.

• 2 years later...
On 12/10/2015 at 2:45 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a. b. c. Looking forward to spending eternity with Jesus and for His blowing my mind of my idea of Heaven. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor. 2:9)  Also, looking forward to seeing my brothers and sisters in Christ and sharing the excitement of being together and with Jesus and having all my questions answered,  if I still care to know.  I am still praying for my relatives.  

d.  He will reign throughout eternity, Our Holy, Righteous King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Ruler, Leader, Commander reigning forever and ever.

e.  Jesus is the King of Glory in my life because He lives in me.  My body is the Temple of the Holy Ghost. He leads and guides, protects, provides, saves, delivers and heals me.  His Spirit brings life to my very being.  He glorifies this temple.  His presence and fellowship are Awesome and nothing can compare.

• 1 year later...

That varies I have seen some people seen more interested in Relatives and some more interested in being with Jesus. Some seem interested in both.

Jesus kingdom will never end. He will reign forever and ever. There will never be an ending to his kingdom. What has happened here on this earth will never happen again.

Jesus is my king and ruler in my life. So since he is king that means I have to submit to what he says and what I should do. Jesus always have the victory and is faithful. It is good to have a king that will always win and have the victory in things he says will come to pass. Since Jesus is the King now and forever and he has the victory, that also means I have the victory to. What a faithful and Victorious King Jesus is. Awesome!

• 11 months later...

I do not know what most Christians really think about heaven; most probably have a pop-cultural understanding of it. My understanding of heaven is also shallow, I confess. It's not something I have thought much about until recently. In despair at His delayed answers to my prayers have I begun to forward to death and eternal life.

His eternal reign initiates the final act in the drama of creation. When He begins to reign, time is no more, death is no more and suffering is no more. The “foreverness” of his reign is as mindboggling as its peace.

King of Glory means there is no person or thing more glorious.

• 7 months later...

Q5. (Revelation 11:15; Psalm 24:7) When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with?

ANSWER: Our relationships in heaven, according to Scripture, tells us we will all be living with the same person (Jesus), in the same place (heaven), with God’s people (the church). Christ said that there won’t be human marriage in heaven (Matthew 22:30). Yet there will be marriage in heaven, one marriage, between Christ and his bride, and his people will all be part of it (Ephesians 5:31-32). Our source of comfort isn’t only that we’ll be with the Lord in heaven but also that we’ll be with each other.

Relatives? When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with?

ANSWER: Many people say that the first thing they want to do when they arrive in heaven is see all their friends and loved ones who have passed on before them. That will indeed be a blessed time as believers reunite to fellowship, worship God, and enjoy the glorious wonders of heaven. One of the blessings is that we will know our friends and family members in heaven, and we will be known. Being able to see our loved ones is a glorious aspect of heaven. What a pleasure it will be to reunite with our loved ones and worship God with them in His presence for all eternity!

In fact, the Bible indicates we will know each other more fully than we do now. The Apostle Paul declared, "Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12). It's true that our appearance will change, because God will give us new bodies, similar to Jesus' resurrection body. Those bodies will never grow old or tired, nor will they ever experience pain or suffering or death. Thank God for my hope of eternal life, a hope I have only because Jesus Christ died and rose again to take away our sins. This is my hope, and it can be the hope of every person, as they turn to Christ and trust Him alone for their salvation...

Jesus? When people think of spending an eternity in heaven, who do they most look forward to being with?

ANSWER: The obtaining of eternal life is simple: we put our trust in Christ and in Christ alone for our salvation. Everyone who puts their trust in Christ alone, as the Bible promises, as Jesus promises, has life eternal (John 3:16). There’s no other way to get it except by faith alone. It’s not by our works. We can’t merit it. We can’t earn it. We can’t deserve it. We put our trust in Christ, who alone is worthy of the gift of eternal life.

As others will welcome us to heaven’s party, so we’ll one day welcome those who arrive later. What God made us to desire is exactly what he promises to those who follow Jesus Christ: a resurrected life in a resurrected body, with the resurrected Christ on a resurrected earth. Our desires correspond precisely to God’s plans. It’s not that we want something, so we engage in wishful thinking. It’s the opposite, we want real human lives as real embodied people because God has wired us that way, and has always planned for it.

Scripture tells us we will all be living with the same person (Jesus), in the same place (heaven), with God’s people (the church). There there will be marriage in heaven, one marriage, between Christ and his bride, and His people will all be part of it We’ll have true freedom in heaven, a righteous freedom that never sins.

What does it mean that He will reign forever and ever?

ANSWER: No matter how evil and chaotic the world looks, God’s kingdom rules the universe. HE is the One who will reign forever and ever. It is assured! What He has promised He will most certainly accomplish. He is omnipotent. Your free will means nothing in this equation whatsoever. He is the Lord God Almighty. He is not governed by a law of love, He IS love! He loves from perfect freedom, and from joy over it He sold all He had for the love of us. This means that our salvation 

is even bigger than we imagined. God wasn’t compelled by some law of love to save us. He needs no such compulsion. He actually freely loves us and redeemed us because that is what He truly desires! He asks no one for counsel in the matter. He is the King of kings and the Lord of Lords. Others may say that you and I do not deserve these great blessings, but their voice has no place in His decisions. He is a rebel in love and we are the object of His affections. He has decided to redeem you and so you shall be redeemed. What joy is this, that HE WILL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER?!!!! It is absolute and there is only One who has any say in the decision. What He promises He always delivers. No one can remove you from His hand. Not even YOU.

In what way is He the King of Glory in your life?

ANSWER: I begin making Jesus King of my life by firstly making Jesus King of  my mind and then King of my actions. To make Jesus King of my mind, by bringing every thought that is not Christian into captivity and obedience to Christ,  blocking out voices that are contrary to Jesus and listening to His voice of truth. Once I make Jesus King of my mind it is much easier to also make Jesus King of my actions. I make Jesus King of my actions when I have to make a decision and I choose to do what would be pleasing to Jesus. And when Jesus really comes first in my life He comes first in every part of my life, and comes first in the way I vote on issues of morality. Jesus is close to me, He walks by my side, He lifts me up when I need help, He gave His life for me.