JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Be Strong and Very Courageous (Joshua1)

Unable to find forum to answer question in provided space..... In what way is God's promise to Joshua, "I will give you every place where you set your foot," a conditional promise?  What's wrong with a faith that consists primarily of the philosophy; "If God wants me to have it he will give it to me"?  What areas that that God has promised you that you must press forward to receive?

The conditional promise, "I will give you every place where you set your foot," is God telling them as far as you can see if yours. He is their God and He is taking care of them. the philosophy "If God wants me to have it he will give it to me" is wrong because you must do something to earn it.  God expects us to go something in return.  We do not just sit on our backsides as do nothing and expect to inherit eternal life.  We must work and bring sheep into the fold.  We must take care of each other and of the earth and of what God has given us.  I must press forward  every day for God and for myself.  I am a God coin in circulation 24/7.  Made in His image.  I am a Certified Lay Minister in the United Methodist Church and everywhere I go and everyone come into contact with sees me as a child of God.  Some may see me as the only "Bible" or representative of God they know.  I have Multiple Sclerosis and cancer.  I walk by my faith in God and hopefully I inspire others to walk that way in the cancer centers.  I pray with them I am pressing on.