JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. The Glory of the Bride

• 2 months later...

Q3. 
Based on John's vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience? 

In the New Heaven we will live with God Himself as His people. There will be a new order of things, with no more pain, nor death, nor any crying or mourning. Our Heavenly Father will have made everything new. None of the evil doers or unbelievers will be invited to live here. That is, nothing impure will ever enter – only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life will be allowed in. This will be a Glorious Kingdom that will last forever, and being lit by the glory of God – incredible brilliance and glory. It is a Kingdom in which we will rule and reign with our Lord Jesus Christ. It will be of such magnificence that our finite minds cannot grasp it or even try to understand or even explain it. We do not have the words to describe it. Hallelujah. 

Q3. Based on John’s vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience?

• John sees a New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven to Earth. And, no surprise, it's terrifically awesome. The Elect will live there with God. No one will ever mourn or die or be in pain. It will simply be God and his children living together forever and ever. But people who haven't led such upstanding lives will get thrown into the Lake of Fire. Sorry, guys. But God did try to warn you in the form of rivers turning to blood and such.The city of New Jerusalem itself is probably the most incredible thing John has seen so far. This place is prime real estate. John sees that the whole city is made of gold and glitters with all different kinds of jewels and gemstones. It has twelve gates (with the names of the tribes of Israel written on them) and twelve foundations (with the names of the apostles written on them). This New Jerusalem doesn't have a temple, though, because God himself is the temple. They also don't have to worry about lamps, because the presence of God provides all the light they need. It's always sunny in New Jerusalem. Crime is also non-existent, because no one ever does anything even remotely bad there. Clearly, you never have to worry about property values going down.

Q3. Based on John's vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience?

The starting words of Revelation 21 bring to mind the beginning words of Genesis 1:1, where it is written, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” Well, now, that creation will now be the “old heavens and the old earth.”

Only the heirs of salvation, who can get near as possible onto the mount of meditation and faith can have a clear view of this “new heaven and a new earth,” which came down from heaven. The inhabitants of this city, the church, bride of Christ, will only be the risen and repented saints whose bodies will be freed from all dishonor, deformity, diseases, and imperfections, because in this city they are separated and secure from all evils and enemies. All, in the New Jerusalem, will be transformed into the likeness of Christ's glorious body, shining like the SUN of RIGHTEOUSNESS, Jesus, in the Kingdom of God. The citizens of this city will reflect the glory of God which in itself is the presence of God.

God brought into this world the “WAY,” who died on the Cross for teaching us about salvation and the Kingdom of God. But till today, we, the living, cannot perfectly reflect the glory of God. Therefore, we need to make ourselves fit by reminding ourselves the importance of relating to God through repentance, without forgetting the importance of encouraging one another to repent, allowing God to transform us through His grace and become “sheep.” Only then, can we enter into the new heaven and new earth, prepared for us. And there in the presence of God we will reflect the Glory of God with dazzling splendor.

The glory we will experience will be awesome, just being a part of the new heaven and new earth. No more sickness, sorrow or pain. Every day will be glorious. No crying or death. All of those things will be gone forever. It will be Sunday everyday. We will praise God all day and everyday. We will not get tired anymore. There will be no need for daytime and nighttime because the Father and the Son brightness will light heaven and earth. Everlasting life will be beautiful. All those who are followers of Christ on earth will be glorified by the Father in Heaven. We will get to see Christ as he is, and we will change to the same body. I picture that the new heaven will be gold and shine like beautiful gemstones.  On earth there will be no more seas that have taken people lives. Everything we need the Father will provide. Everyday there is happiness. Believers who followed Christ will get to be enjoy all the fruits of everlasting life. Awesome!!

St. John paints to me a picture of euphoria in  God’s Holy city, the new Jerusalem, at the second coming of Christ.  God’s new kingdom will be one where all God’s chosen will live peacefully with Him.  There will be no stress, there will be want of nothing.  Everyone will be happy singing God’s praises  and praying all day long.  There will be no more sadness, no pain, no suffering, no death. Those whose names are in the ‘book of life’ will be communing with God face to face.  I envision a world in which there is only perpetual light and no darkness.  God’s new kingdom will be one free of evil, unbelievers and open only to believers.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:52 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. Based on John’s vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience?

A. The earth has been replaced with His Holy City, the New Jerusalem, and is as glorious and perfect as the world was before "the fall to Satan's reign". God will dwell with us and we with Him...no longer separated by our flesh and fallen natures. No more tears, no more death or sorrow, but all things have now been made new. The Lord Himself is the Temple, and His glory provides the light, and the redeemed whose names were written in the Lambs Book of Life, shall bring their glory into the city as well. It will be a Holy and Glorious and Majestic home for us, finally able to withstand His glory with our new eyes and we will finally be one with Him....our longing in this life for Him will have been consummated for all eternity. GLORY, GLORY, GLORY!!!!

Q3. Based on John's vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience?

A. Marvelous and breath taking

The new Jerusalem is where God lives among his people. Instead of our going up to meet him, he comes down to be with us, just as God became man in Jesus Christ and lived among us. Wherever God reigns, there is peace, security, and love.The “holy city, the new Jerusalem” is described as the place where God will “remove all . . . sorrows.” Forevermore, there will be no death, sorrow, crying, or pain. What a wonderful truth! No matter what you are going through, it’s not the last word—God has written the final chapter, and it is about true fulfillment and eternal joy for those who love him. We do not know as much as we would like, but it is enough to know that eternity with God will be more wonderful than we could ever imagine.

God is the Creator. The Bible begins with the majestic story of his creation of the universe, and it concludes with his creation of a new heaven and a new earth. This is a tremendous hope and encouragement for the believer. When we are with God, with our sins forgiven and our future secure, we will be like Christ. We will be made perfect like him.

The new Jerusalem is a picture of God’s future home for his people.The vision is symbolic and shows us that our new home with God will defy description. We will not be disappointed by it in any way.

The Temple, the center of God’s presence among his people, was the primary place of worship. No temple is needed in the new city, however, because God’s presence will be everywhere. He will be worshiped throughout the city, and nothing will hinder us from being with him.

Not everyone will be allowed into the new Jerusalem, but “only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.” Don’t think that you will get in because of your background, personality, or good behavior. Eternal life is available to you only because of what Jesus, the Lamb, has done. We trust in him today and secure our citizenship in his new creation.

We are a family in mourning right now.  The only way I can grasp this is no more tears, no more death, no more pain, no more sin, no more betrayal, no more deceit, no more decay, no more lies, no more rebellion, no more wars, no more sadness, no more fear, no more suffering. We will be at home with our Lord and reunited with our loved ones to live forever with Him in glory because we are with our Lord.

God bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:52 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. Based
On John’s vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience?

1 Cor. 2:9 Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. We have not known beauty, glory, perfection, purity, joy and happiness as what God who is limitless can give, create. He is our God and we are His children. He loves us with an everlasting loves and we will forever be with Him. We will be in complete peace, no fear, no oppression, no guilt, sin or shame, no evil, (wow, I just realized that the word, evil is in devil with a d in front) devil or demon spirits. I never had a ring with even one of those beautiful stones, and to think I will see all of them and the gates each made of a single pearl. Streets made of pure gold.  I love light and we won't need any lights there because the glory of God illuminates the city and the Lamb is its light.

God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them.a 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain.

The symbolism here is the same symbolism that the temple in Jerusalem conveyed.  God was present with Israel in the center of the Kingdom in the Most Holy Place.  God will be present with us in His eternal kingdom. Only the High Priests were able to enter this Most Holy Place. We will all be Priests in His new Kingdom who will be able to be present in His glory.  His perfection is shown by His symbolic numbers, His steadfastness is displayed by the Precious Stones, and His radiance is the light. No more sin, no more evil, no more separation from Him.  Sin will no longer be present in us. We will be pure and righteous. Present with Him for all eternity, sharing in His glory.

The center of God’s presence is among his people. No temple is needed in the new city, however, because God’s presence will be everywhere. He will be worshiped throughout the city, and nothing will hinder us from being with him.

Not everyone will be allowed into the new Jerusalem, but “only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.”  Don’t think that you will get in because of your background, personality, or good behavior. Eternal life is available to you and me, only because of what Jesus, the Lamb, has done. Trust him today to secure our citizenship in his new creation.

Q3. Based on John's vision of the Bride, the Holy City, in Revelation 21, how would you describe in your own words the glory we will experience?

1. We will be in a city made with pure gold and pearls. Everything will be beautiful. The walls will be thick and not flimsy. It is actual something we cannot describe. We will be the bride that have peace and eternal glory in Christ.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:52 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

In my own words of describing the glory, we will experience will be unfathomable and indescribable in present terms. However, as expressed in Revelation, the brilliance will come from God himself and the streets of gold and refinements of jewels will no doubt cause us to fall prostrate before the Lord our God.   

• 2 weeks later...

The heavenly kingdom is going to come down in the form of new Jerusalem, which will be built with Gold and precious stones with brilliance of God's beautiful work which cannot be described by us, and the joy one would get who ever enters it is eternal and for ever and ever. So live righteously in this world by following Jesus Christ and get the eternal citizenship.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know how I would be able to describe the Holy City. I can’t even describe a beautiful sunset or sunrise. I can’t even describe looking over a visa and describing the beauty of things I see. That is only the earthly things so to describe heavenly things for me would be impossible.

• 1 month later...

DESCRIBE THE GLORY WE WILL EXPERIENCE: His bright and radiant presence; will see Him face-to-face; living in the New Jerusalem; foundation of glory and honor; witness of the kingdom's glory and the new heaven; would not need light; the riches of His mercy will be realized; will be surrounded by the environment of luxury gold and precious stones (picture of abundance) and His glory magnified

• 2 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 11:52 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

First let me tell you of a dream/vision that I had one night.  This is at the same time as my mother lay dying.   I woke up to praising God and his Glory.  I praised him while lying in bed .  I saw a whiteness all around me. This whiteness was like a fluffy cloud.   My arms were raised as if I were reaching up to heaven.  I praised God and gave thanksgiving for my mother's life.  

the glory that we will experience will be wonderful.  We will bowing down to God and thanking him for our lives and for what he has done for us.  We will be immersed in such love and peace.  We will see wonders everyday nothing will be the same as we will experience love like we have not experienced before.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/16/2016 at 1:52 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

It will be like nothing we’ve ever seen in this world.  Streets of gold, 12 different valuable stones.  The names of the twelve tribes of Israel, the names of Jesus’s twelve apostles on the twelve foundations of the Holy City.  And that Holy City will be like a bride adorning for her husband.  There will be no more darkness, for the Glory of God and the Lamb of God will lighten up the city.   And God will be a Father to those that are saved, and we will be sons and daughters to Him.   And the gates of the City will always be opened and never shut.  Also no evil will exist there, for those that have done bad and did not repent or have any remorse will be in the lake of fire and brimstone tormented for ever!!

• 7 months later...

An artist showed me a picture of a gold castle he had built out of broken gourds.  The name of it was 'Perseverance Castle.'  I knew it represented the Heavenly Jerusalem I had been seeing deep in my spirit.  My daughter-in-law's father was a man filled with God's love.  He volunteered with 'Love in the Name of Christ.'  He recently died.  I remembered the joy he had when I first met him as he told me about his volunteer work with Love in the Name of Christ.  When he died, I sensed God showing me that he was part of the Heavenly Jerusalem.  I I had given my son and his family gifts related to space right before this.  I wrote a letter to the wife and family regarding what God had shown me about this man being in heaven.  It was so strong in my spirit I had to write it even though I wasn't sure they would understand.  One time God had me look at the book 'Believe in the God Who Believes in You' by Robert Schuller.  Dr. Schuller told Mother Teresa that when he built the Crystal Cathedral he asked God to make his life a window His light would shine through and a mirror to reflect His love.  Dr. Schuller told Mother Teresa her life had been an answer to his prayer.  I saw my daughter-in-law's father's life being an answer to his prayer also.  I saw that God wasn't looking for big name ministers just ordinary people who share His love with others.  I saw that it is the small acts of love that we do with God's heart of love that matter.  The sheep inherit the kingdom.  They ministered to Jesus in the least of these.  I think of the song,  With Every Act of Love (We Bring The Kingdom Come).

This lesson has really got me to thiniking about the things God has told me.  But it also leaves many questions.  It seems to me that 'enduring' and persevering' are not 'ruling and reigning.'  

On 9/11 God gave me three messages.  The first one was that the church needed to repent for doing things man's way.  The second one was from the Book of Haggai.  The land was under destruction because people were building their own houses not seeing that the Temple of the Lord (people) was in ruins.  God told me that there were many broken and trashed pieces of wood (people) He wanted brought in so that He could make them into vessels of honor to pour His glroy out on the nations.  The last message was the following song I woke up hearing the morning of 9/11:

Now is the time, the day of salvation.

Now is the time, to hear and obey.

Now is the time, make no hesitation.

JESUS HAS SAID PREPARE THE WAY!!!

After I gave these messages I was called in.  I wanted to do the right thing and thought it was to apologize for speaking and say I would submit to the pastor.  WRONG....  The next morning I woke up and saw the Holy Spirit go into the earth of my heart.  I cried for years.  It seems like I have been very far from 'ruling and reigning' since then.  I find myself just barely 'enduring and persevering.'  I believe based on personal experience that the greatest mistake the church has made is to submit to man and quench the Holy Spirit, the love of God, who is supposed to flow out of our hearts.  The next course I am taking with this ministry is 'The Holy Spirit.'  I am praying that I will be able to redig the well in my heart and that the Holy Spirit, the love of God, will flow out of my heart again.  

We are to be sharing God's love in this age in order to reign with Him in the next age I suppose.    At least that is what God showed me through my daughter-in-law's father, the Crystal Cathedral and Mother Teresa as illustrations.   My daughter-in-law's father was such an illustration to me of an ordinary person having a heart of love and sharing God's love with others. 

• 4 years later...

It is going to be a marvelous experience to be reconciled with Christ. The Book of Revelations says there will be no more sorrow, no more death, nor crying, no more pain and when I think about this, I want to continue holding on to the message of the Cross that reminds me that  Christ took the fall and thought of me above all. Seeing all the beauty that is not corruptible and walking in the beautiful, great city where the Light is the glory of God. Not concerned anymore about the day or night and the Light will be shining throughout. All the saints singing Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord and bringing glory and honor to God and Him alone.