JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Seeking His Face

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean “to seek his face”? What is necessary in us to have a desire for that? How did talking to God “face to face” change Moses? How will it change us? What does it cost us to actively seek him? Is it worth it? How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

• 2 months later...

To seek God's face means to desire to enter into His presence, to spend intimate time with Him. We are to pray to have a desire to know God better. Spending intimate time everyday is important in order to develop that "face-to-face" relationship as Moses did in the Old Testament. Moses entire self changed and he also had a shining on his face which showed that he was in God's presence. Drawing upon God's power is available to all of us. In fact, we will not grow and overcome as He desires without drawing on that power. The natural man can make great progress regarding change, but unless God is involved, all his effort will not be aimed toward the same goals God desires when He motivates those changes. Without God's involvement, a person's works are essentially vain. Living the godly way of life will help you when when you develop a friendly relationship with our maker. The only thing it will cost us is to sincerely seek God with your whole heart, mind, and soul. It's worth it to seek God's face because we will what answer God will choose in a situation, plus you will realize you can't live without Him. Saints live to see Him face to face in His glorious Kingdom.

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) 
What does it mean "to seek His face"? 
What is necessary in us to have a desire for that? 
How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses? 
How will it change us? 
What does it cost us to actively seek Him? 
Is it worth it? 
How does seeking His face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

To seek His face is to seek His presence – to spend intimate time with our Heavenly Father. It is necessary to have a hunger for God – to seek Him. This hunger is a divine instinct God gives to the elect. We are not initially aware of this but later as a saved sinner we come to realise that it was our Lord who sought us! While spending time with God, Moses absorbs some of God’s glory; he starts to radiate this derived glory, which lasts while he is in God’s presence, but gradually fades. 
It will also change us as we receive His glory – our spiritual life will have begun. It will absolutely be worth it! Our whole mind-set will change as He delivers us from all our fears, the fear of the unknown, and the fear of dying with our sins unforgiven. Our whole life will change as the Holy Spirit does His work in us, chipping away all the rough edges. We will want to glorify our Lord by doing good deeds. It will all be worth it when having put our trust in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, we hear the words “Your sins are forgiven; go in peace!”. Knowing we will be spending eternity in His presence – fellowshipping with Him while serving Him in ruling and reigning in His Glorious Kingdom. 

Q4.

a)     (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean "to seek his face"?

Back on Mt. St. Sinai, God told Moses said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” Even Moses hid his face. The sight of the full glory of God has never been available to humans who are full of sin, for God’s fire consumes sin and God is that “God is a consuming fire.”(Hebr 12:29)  Only true hearts which echo the Will of God can seek God’s face – hearts which look to Jesus, like the saints who have been transformed into the likeness of Christ.

The psalmist here as in an earlier Psalm wrote, “As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.”(Ps 17:15)  Therefore, I think, the psalmist understood that one day, he would see God’s face, in a righteous state. As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness. (Ps. Ps. 17:15)

Jesus, himself han many times indicated that the righteous would have intimacy with God and their fulfillment: Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (Mat. 5:8)

B)    What is necessary in us to have a desire for that?

We must turn Jesus and scripture which are our lenses through which we see the imagery God. We cannot truly know God, his will, or the way of salvation apart from His WORD. “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life” (John 6:68). Scripture reveals the ultimate wisdom, which comes from a diverse source, and teaches us of a different kind love.

c)     How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses?

The brief but significant encounter with God did actually change Moses. The end of 34th chapter of Exodus describes a brief but significant account of what happens to Moses after talking with God. When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord, God.” (Ex 34:29)  More importantly, this shows that, what Moses knows about himself decreases in importance and perspective after talking with God.

d)    How will it change us? What does it cost us to actively seek him? Is it worth it? How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

For me, I think I will lose myself and all track of time. I will stand in GRACE. (Rom 5:2) I remember someone wrote, “Grace is nothing more nor less than the face that love wears when it meets imperfection, weakness, failure, sin.”

When I enter into the Lord’s presence and behold His Glory, God will reveal the flaws in my life and I believe I will come face to face with the reality of my imperfection. I will realize the things that are against His desires and the changes He wants to make within me.

Only then, will the chains of this materialistic world fall off and Satan will lose his grip on my life. This will be the change when I encounter God and it’ll be worth every pound of mercy, forgiveness and grace I’d receive.

Seeking the face of God changed Moses – his face shone – didn’t it ? (Ex 34:29) What more with us ? The Glory of God will always be revealed and the Glorious Kingdom of God realized here on Earth.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 11:53 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean “to seek his face”? What is necessary in us to have a desire for that? How did talking to God “face to face” change Moses? How will it change us? What does it cost us to actively seek him? Is it worth it? How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

A. It means to seek intimate relationship with Him....to fall in love with Him because we know Him....Not just seeking His hand and what he can do for us apart from learning His heart and His ways. He's our Abba (Daddy) and longs to be known by us...just as we long to be known. 

B. A hunger and longing for intimacy with our Papa is necessary.

C. Moses was changed because God was no longer a distant "entity" but the Living God, who speaks and sees and listens and knows! Moses saw His Glory and experienced the change which comes from understanding the truth about Who He Is (Creator of the Universe) and who we are (His sons and daughters with whom He longs to be in relationship)

D. My life was drastically changed when He hunted me down and encountered me, and I suddenly understood that the evolution I was taught in school as fact, was nonsense. I saw that I was not a freak of nature with no purpose and no future but a cold grave, which had left me in a deep depression until age 30 when my whole identity changed in Him! I understood from His Word that He saw me and called me before the foundation of the world was formed...that He formed me in my mother's womb and knows every hair on my head, my crooked teeth, my strengths, weaknesses, my thoughts before I think them, my words before I speak them, my longings, my needs, and questions, my need for reassurance, my delight in Him, every sin which has been cleansed by Jesus' blood, and which He has then quickly forgotten....He knows it all and loves me as if I were His only daughter! He knows how I love to serve Him and to flow in the Spirit in interaction with others. He knows how I am thankful every day and say so, for every thing He does for me, whether I remember to ask or not. I learned that he has a wonderful sense of humor (I've heard Him chuckle!!! And when I asked Him to send other Christians to our neighborhood and I went to meet to the new neighbor she said Hi! I'm Lori Christian! (and I knew in a few minutes that she wasn't one! I went home and told Him that wasn't funny!!! But I had the privilege of introducing her to Jesus not long after that!) I'm thankful every day that He revealed Himself to me and my eternal home is with Him in Heaven.

E. Just time. Priority time from selfish endeavors.

F. Yes! There is nothing so rewarding

G. In seeking Him and growing in His likeness as we spend time with Him, we are changed from glory to glory, which is what will go with us when we go to Heaven!

His face — the brightness of his personal character — is hidden behind the curtain of our carnal desires. This condition is always ready to overtake us. That is why we are told to “seek his presence continually.” God calls us to enjoy continual consciousness of his supreme greatness and beauty and worth.

Many have had the sad experience of being abandoned by father or mother.  Even as adults, the pain may linger. God can take that place in our life, fill that void, and heal that hurt. He can direct us to adults who may take the role of father or mother for us. His love is sufficient for all our needs.

These were fervent requests. 1. I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life 2. I may behold, often used of prophet’s visions, the beauty of the LORD 3. I may meditate in His temple

Q4. (Psalm 27:8)

Q. What does it mean "to seek his face"?

A. It is to seek his presence for intimate fellowship

Q. What is necessary in us to have a desire for that?

A. We must be consecrated so as to be holy to be able to be with the Holy God

Q. How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses?

A. It transformed him into the glory of God.

Q. How will it change us?

A. We will like Moses be glorified with His glory and shine

Q. What does it cost us to actively seek him?

A. Our desire, commitment and determination to seek His presence
Q. Is it worth it?

A. Yes it is worth it.

Q. How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

A. Seeking His face (His presence) and being in His presence enables us also to partake in His Glorious Kingdom where we will reign with Him in His Kingdom.

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean "to seek his face"? What is necessary in us to have a desire for that? How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses? How will it change us? What does it cost us to actively seek him? Is it worth it? How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

To seek His Face is 

To know Him better everyday

To desire Him above all else

To desire to please Him

To spend time with Him

To seek His favor, lovingkindness, and mercy

To have intimate devotions with Him

To desire that He be glorified in my (our) life (lives)

To grow in His grace

That He draw us closer to Him so that the world around us fade away

That He comfort us in times of trouble and anguish.

Deuteronomy 4:29 You will seek the Lord your God and you will find Him if you seek Him with all you heart and with all your soul.

I believe without Him we can do nothing so we need Him to instill the desire to seek His face.

The outward appearance in Moses was that His face glowed.

To actively seek Him it requires time and maybe persecution.

Yes for He is the pearl of great price.

We shall live and reign with Him whom we sought while on earth in the glorious kingdom and we shall be satisfied in Him.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

To seek His face means to talk with Him. As we spend time with our Lord He draws closer to us.  The Holy Spirit give us the desire for this closeness.  When Moses talked face to face with God his face glowed radiantly by God’s glory being transferred to him.  As we are filled with His Spirit, our lives become transformed, looking more and more like Christ and less and less like ourselves. 

The cost may be high…rejection by family and friends, ridicule, even persecution but the time here on earth is but the dew on the morning grass as opposed to the eternity of heaven.

Seeking His face brings the ultimate peace and joy that only time with Him can offer. This brings Him glory in our lives and shows the world His Glorious Kingdom.

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean "to seek his face"? What is necessary in us to have a desire for that? How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses? How will it change us? What does it cost us to actively seek him? Is it worth it? How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

God can take that place in our life, fill that void, and heal that hurt. He can direct us to adults who may take the role of father or mother for us. His love is sufficient for all our needs.

David had to wait on God for the fulfillment of his promise to reign. Later, after becoming king, he was chased by his rebellious son, Absalom. Waiting for God is not easy. Often it seems that he isn’t answering our prayers or doesn’t understand the urgency of our situation. That kind of thinking implies that God is not in control or is not fair. But God is worth waiting for. Lamentations 3:24-26 calls us to hope in and wait for the Lord because often God uses times of waiting to refresh, renew, and teach us. Make good use of your waiting times by discovering what God may be trying to teach you in them.

Q4.

To seek his face mean only Father in heaven, we must call and have strong power from Holy spirit to come into deep our heart, open our heart everytime and invite the Holy spirit.The time has come the kingdom of God is near. He is given authority, glory, sovereign power.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

To seek God's face means to desire to enter into his presence, to spend intimate time with him. To relate to God "face to face" is the ultimate.

It is to hunger for His presence and to sit at His feet and learn of Him.

Moses talking to God "face to face" so changed Moses that when he came out of the presence of God his face shone so that he had to cover it for the glow.

As we seek his face, we'll be able to discern just what the Father is doing, and thus, when we act on his will, we will see that power make a difference in our world.

It will cost you spending time with Him and hearing from Him but it is well worth the cost and beyond.

When we spend time in His presence He gives you secrets and revelation and changes our countenance.  Makes us immovable and unshakeable in Him  and gives us the confidence to tell others of His love and His Glorious Kingdom.

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean “to seek his face”?To seek His face means to talk with Him. As we spend time with our Lord He draws closer to us.  The Holy Spirit give us the desire for this closeness.  When Moses talked face to face with God his face glowed radiantly by God’s glory being transferred to him.  As we are filled with His Spirit, our lives become transformed, looking more and more like Christ and less and less like ourselves

What is necessary in us to have a desire for that?We must be consecrated so as to be holy to be able to be with the Holy God

How did talking to God “face to face” change Moses?It transformed him into the glory of God

How will it change us?We will be like Moses be glorified with His glory and shine

What does it cost us to actively seek him?Our desire, commitment and determination to seek His presence

Is it worth it? Absolutely, it is worth it.

How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?Seeking His face (His presence) and being in His presence enables us also to partake in His Glorious Kingdom where we will reign with Him in His Kingdom.

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean "to seek his face"? What is necessary in us to have a desire for that? How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses? How will it change us? What does it cost us to actively seek him? Is it worth it? How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

1. To desire to enter into his presence, to spend intimate time with him.To praise him, pray, and read his word.

2. To be willing to go through whatever we have to. To obey God and love him and be an example to the world. To be determined to suffer as Jesus did.

3.  He listened to God as a friend. It made him feel eager to serve God more.  Moses received God’s glory and shined as a light. 

4. It will get our attention and help us to want to do what it takes for him to keep on talking to us and have a relationship with him.

5. It cost us to deny ourselves and take on the ways of Jesus.

6. Yes!! It is worth it because God is worth it.

7. We will enter his Glorious Kingdom one day if we seek and obey him. It will be a kingdom of rest and it will be beautiful.

On 12/16/2016 at 1:53 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Psalm 27:8 "to seek His face" is to desire to know Him intimately.

For us to have this desire to seek God's face, e must have a heart that follows the Lord and we observe his commands through obedience.

When Moses talked to God face to face it left his face glowing from the glory of God himself. He would cover or veil his face so the people could not see the countenance that was upon his face. Aas time passed this countenance of God's glory would fade from him.

Seeing God and his glory will change us from mortality to immortality.

We who actively seek Christ will also have to bear suffering and trials as he did.

This suffering is worth the endurance because we will eventually be as he is.

Seeking his face relates to the theme of the Glorious Kingdom, for the New Heaven will come down from God and we will dwell with him for ever and ever.

• 2 weeks later...

To seek his face is to know him closely and spend time with him and praise Him.

It is necessary for us to closely follow Christ and walk the way He did we should have the zeal the fire in us to do his work in this world so that we enter His world when He comes to take us.

Talking face to face changed Moses face to radiate with glory, that means when spend time with Gods word and in prayer we automatically radiate God's glory through us.

Seeking God's glory will change us from mortality to immortality, from death to life from surpassing the judgement into eternal life.

We have to take the Cross and walk with it everyday, that means the suffering and humiliations and pain which Christ has gone through to save us we also learn to do while saving other souls by spreading the Gospel

Seeking His face to enter the glorious kingdom, means in this world we are not even eligible and capable of seeing the Glory of God that's why Moses was told to see the back of God from behind the rock as God was walking past, because no human can live seeing God, but God has given that glory to us through Jesus Christ's sacrifice on the cross for us to be eligible to enter the kingdom of and God and be in His presence for ever and ever. Amen.

Be in his presence.   You need his spirit and it gives a hunger for a better relationship with God.  His face was shining that he had to cover his face and he became God's friend.  We would be in tune to the things of God, wanting to please Him in all that we do.  It would cost me time set aside to seek him.  yes, it is worth it.  Glory evolves in his presence.

• 3 weeks later...

The meaning “to seek his face” is that you are trying to be intimately close to him. He is all that you want. We need the desire for that because we are going to be reigning with Him and we will need to know what He is like. Moses’ talk “face to face” changed Moses because he was able to be personal with Him. It will also change us in the same way.

It doesn’t cost anything but time to actively seek Him. But it is worth everything that we do. To seek his face is the theme of the Glorious Kingdom because that is where we will ultimately end up if we seek Him.

• 1 month later...

MEAN "TO SEEK HIS FACE": To want God's presence in our lives; knowing that God keeps us; to smile and acknowledge God with a grateful heart; to want more of God; doing His will; a heart attitude

NECESSARY: Faith; wanting to be near God; an intimate relationship; willing to listen and obey; a hunger for the presence of God; salvation

TALKING TO GOD CHANGED MOSES: His face was radiant; He communed with God regardless of the people; wanted to see God; his worship was more as his glory was seen; access to God; seeking to obey God; turning first to God; being an intercessor on behalf of the people; jealous for God's name to be honored

COST TO SEEK HIM: Live not as the world lives; open to God's will; suffering; knowing that being in Christ means ultimately we win; looking beyond our situation; model to others God's love; IT IS WORTH IT!

SEEKING HIS FACE TO THEME OF LESSON: to want to see His glory and to live in the kingdom of God; practicing God-authority; knowing who you are in Christ; desiring God and not look to the world for answers first; being in God's presence; being bold for Christ and reflecting His glory; act like we know God (our lives); willing for the best for others; spiritual disciplines; priority of what God wants; living the kingdom life; resting on God's promises; daily action and attitude to experience God's glory

• 1 year later...

Q4. (Psalm 27:8) What does it mean "to seek his face?"  It means to desire to enter into His presence, to spend intimate time with Him.  

What is necessary in us to have a desire for that?

We need to do what Mary did.  Lay aside our busyness and sit at Jesus' feet listening to Him. 

How did talking to God "face to face" change Moses? Moses' face shown with God's glory. 

How will it change us?

We will be changed from glory to glory as we behold the Lord.  The glory we receive should be greater than that of Moses because we are under the New Covenant. 

What does it cost us to actively seek him? Time and maybe giving up busyness..

Is it worth it?  Yes.

How does seeking his face relate to our theme of the Glorious Kingdom?

When we seek God's face, we are changed from glory to glory.  We reflect His glory, manifesting the glorious kingdom, bringing glory to God. 

• 4 years later...

To seek His face means to be in His presence. To be intimate with Him and always spend time with Him. The Word of God says "In His presence there is fullness of joy." 

It is necessary to have this desire because it brings fulfilment and there is everlasting joy when one spends time with God and listening to the Holy Spirit.

When Moses spend time with God, it changed him because his face would be full of His glory and radiant such that people would not look at him and had to put a veil over his face. This means that spending time in God's presence makes us to be full of life and yearn to be with Him.

It will change as as we prepare to share eternity with Him. It is worth it because we want to be with Him as our Father and enjoy the glory that comes with being His children, His heir and co-heir with Christ.

It relates to our theme of Glorious Kingdom because we are all looking forward to be part of our eternal Kingdom that is from everlasting to everlasting. The powerful Kingdom that has authority over everything. All things will pass away but this Glorious Kingdom will last forever and all will give glory to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.