JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Mind of Christ

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the holy spirit who can communicate and mediate my thoughts at my most basic level and communicate to my spirit, God's guidance and truth. 

M human nature can never graps the vastness of God so i must rely on and be alert to the promptings of the holy spirit through which God's voice extends to me.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

I don't know exactly how the Holy Spirit makes "the mind of Christ" available to me but reading these verses one thing struck me that God opened himself to us and made us to be part of His family, an intimate circle of trusted and loved. As we live in close communion in this union and share the life of God we can discern the heart of God. The Bible urges me to walk continuously in the Spirit. In prayer, worship and daily walk my heart needs to be tuned to the Holy Spirit to listen to God. 

Question 4 a How does the Holy Spirit make the “mind of Christ” available to us? The Spirit shows us the deep truths of God’s Word. He shows us what is in the mind and heart of the Father.

B How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit?  It makes me dependent because it is only through the Spirit that I can understand and know God. Only through the Spirit that wisdom can be imparted to me and I can know God’s will for me. Because only the Holy Spirit really knows the mind and heart of God.

c. How does this relate to listening to God’s voice? It is through the Spirit that I can begin to understand when God is speaking to me. The Spirit helps me understand what He has to say in his Word. The Spirit helps me understand the deeper depths of God’s Word. Without the Spirit helping me I would think it is all foolishness. Without the Spirit I would not know how to interpret what it says or be obedient.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

(Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

1. Because Holy Spirit indwells my spirit, He is always available to me as (if and when) I yield my will to His Will and purposes. 

2. I can choose hourly, daily to live in my own human knowledge and limitations and flesh or I can choose to depend upon His infinite knowledge and power to fulfill His purposes. He never forces Himself...I must choose to yield to Him. That I am able to choose is where dependence comes in....my will or His? (Lord, may I willingly yield to You in all things! Life is so sweet when I choose your way!)

3. Unless I am desiring to hear His voice, I'm not apt to be listening. The more I listen the more easily I discern His voice. 

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? The Holy Spirit lives in us and we know, because we read the Bible, what is the right thing for us to do. The Holy Spirit makes us very sure that we should do certain things and not do other things.

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? If I want to do God's will and love people the way he wants me to love them, then I need to obey the Holy Spirit's prompting. 

How does this relate to listening for God's voice? The Holy Spirit's prompting always matches up to what the Bible tells us to do

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? The deep things of God are known to us through the Holy Spirit telling them to us by the Lord. Everything from praying for a loved one who doesn't believe to witnessing is a Holy Spirit prompting

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? I must be willing and obedient to listen to His prompting when it comes no matter what and obey it

How does this relate to listening for God’s voice? God's voice never conflicts with Scripture. It always matches up with it. 

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

We can know what God wants us to do because we have the Holy Spirit who can communicate and mediate our thoughts at their most basic level and communicate to our spirits God's guidance and truth.

We have to depend on the Holy Spirit because God is Spirit and the Holy Spirit who is in us will tell us what we can do or say.

The Holy Spirit knows the mind of God and so tells us what God wants us to know.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

- 'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him'. We must be proud our believe.

-  We have the mind of Christ and we have looked Jesus' promises to send the Holy Spirit as a Counselor and Helper in our life.

How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? 

The Holy Spirit mediates it to us.

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? 

To be able to have guidance from Christ.

How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

The Holy Spirit is telling us what God is wanting us to do.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16)

a.) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us?

The things of God, Father and Son, are revealed to us by the Holy Spirit.

b.) How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit?

It is through the Holy Spirit we are able to understand the thoughts of God, Father and Son.

Without the Holy Spirit the things from the Holy Spirit become foolishness.

c.) How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

Listening for God's voice with the Holy Spirit we are able to understand thoughts given to us that we might, likely, otherwise reject as foolishness

The Holy Spirit guides us into truth as we read His Word.  We are totally dependent on His Word and the leading of the H.S.

As we read & pray, He lays His will for us in our hearts.  We feel compelled to obey!

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

1. The Holy Spirit reveal God's thoughts and Christ's mind to believers. We have the Holy Spirit which communicates and mediate our thoughts at the basic level and communicate to our spirits God's guidance and truth.

2. We do not clearly understand God or know everything because of us getting a glimpse, a word, a thought. Therefore, we need to consistently go to him to give us more word and understanding concerning different situations.

3. We need to get in a solitary place to understand more of God’s words, promptings, and glimpses to help us proceed forward.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us?

We have the Holy Spirit who can communicate and mediate our thoughts at their most basic level and communicate to our spirits God's guidance and truth

How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice?

We become dependent upon the Holy Spirit when we want true guidance from the Lord.  During our mediation and prayer hour we must listen for His guidance.

1.     The Holy Spirit speaks to us of things the Father relates.

2.     it is through the Holy Spirit that we get guidance from God.

3      We need to go to place where it is peaceful and quiet so that we can Hear the still small voice of God.

The Holy Spirit reveals the mind of Christ to us as believers because He knows it.  Because the Spirit resides in us, He can reveal it to us.  Paul says we know in part, hence, while we have the Spirit living in us, we do not know it in totality but in parts, impressions, and the likes.

The fact that I do not know everything and I cannot conceive everything, I should be extremely humbly in my dependence upon the Holy Spirit on a daily basis.   

As it relates to the voice of God, I think that we have to rely on the Holy Spirit to help us in this regard.  We do not know God's thoughts except through what is revealed in Scriptures or through the various impressions and prompting, however, to understand and discern, we need the Holy Spirit to open up our understanding.

It is available unto to us through God, he revealed them to us by his spirit for the spirit sezrcheth all things yea thedeep thing of God 1cor.2:10.                                                                                              It make us dependent upon the holy spirit because we can do nothing without the holy spirit.                                                                                                                                                                     It relate to listening to God voice because of listening to God voice we get the guidance we need so we can pray and keep our heart in tuned with the holy spirit.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) 
How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? 
How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? 
How does this relate to listening for God's voice? 

It is only by spending enough time with Christ, consistently reading and meditating on the Word, that we as believers, can start building up an intimate relationship with our Lord. It is then that the Holy Spirit might make “the Mind of Christ” available to us. This can give us insight in knowing His thoughts, as well as insights into some of God’s plans. We are able to talk with Him and hear His answers to our prayers. This will also change our mind-set making us more and more like Jesus Himself. We will be humbler, willing to obey God and serve people, so that like Christ we should have a servant’s attitude, serving out of love for God and for others. 
We will become more and more dependent upon the Holy Spirit as Jesus Christ, through the Holy Spirit, makes available to the believer great wisdom, discrimination, knowledge, and understanding.
We can never hear God’s voice without the help of the Holy Spirit. It is only through the Holy Spirit that we have access to the mind of Christ. Unaided, the unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God. They are foolishness to them, so they cannot possibly understand since this is only spiritually discerned. 

the Holy Spirit dwells everywhere within God to Christ to us who believe in him and keeps his Commandments. This is how the holy spirit makes the mind of Christ available to us.

most of us live completely wrong living worldly lives and dependent on our fleshly desires. When we love the Lord we live for him and we die to our flesh and live by the spirit. Having communion with the spirit at all times. God's voice comes from the Holy Spirit. Because the Holy Spirit dwell's within Him which dwells within Jesus which dwells within us.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make "the mind of Christ" available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God's voice?

The Holy Spirit makes the mind of Christ available to us because it is through the Holy Spirit that God talks to us. How does this relate to listening for God’s voice? Well, for openers, maybe its God’s way of telling us that if we feel the need to do all the talking, we will never hear God’s voice and how could we possibly learn anything?

When we read, study & meditate upon God's word we must pray for guidance, understanding, & wisdom. Without first praying (for the Holy Spirit to help us) , we would be relying on our limited self understanding.  We go through life wanting to hear God's voice when the first baby steps are to trust His word and lean not on our own understanding.  The more we align life problems with God's word, the more God has opportunity to speak to our hearts if we will listen for that quiet not LOUD voice. His sheep know His voice and He is waiting to hear ours.

When we are saved and and receive the plan of salvation and believe in the resurrection then we have the mind of Christ.  Only the ones that accept plan of salvation will feel and have the mind of Christ which is the Holy Spirit.

When Christ ascended he promised we wouldn't be alone he would send us a comforter which is the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus Christ who I depend on daily

In the quietness of our time  bible study,praying or just meditating is the perfect time to listen for God to speak to us.

Q4. (1 Corinthians 2:9-16) How does the Holy Spirit make “the mind of Christ” available to us? How does this make you dependent upon the Holy Spirit? How does this relate to listening for God’s voice? When we put our "self" aside and walk in the spirit, we can harmonize with God's Spirit. Knowing God, fellowshipping with Him daily, reading His Word, meditating on it, and acting upon it, we are making the Holy Spirit available to speak to us. Jesus was dependent on the Holy Spirit and allowed himself to be guided by Him. This had a big impact on his ministry here on earth. We, too, must allow ourselves to depend on Him(Holy Spirit) if we want to prosper in our ministry, our marriage, our relationships with others, and all areas in our lives.

We must be still and let the Holy Spirit have his way in us. Many times as we pray, we go on, and on, and on, without pausing to allow God to speak to us. God can speak to us in different ways; through His Word,  a sermon, a worship song, an advice from a Christian brother/sister, friends, etc. That's why we must always have our spiritual ears open. We don't want to miss God's voice.