JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Upon All Flesh

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one will be excluded of the Holy Spirit says GOD, Joel 2:27-28 , In Ezekiel 36;26-27, God’s promise is that He would cleanse us from sin give Us,  new hearts and a covenant with Him.

That to me is saving grace no matter what I have did when I repent to the LORD and believe with my heart that I am changed He empowers me to do it by His spirit??

In Joel, God is promising that the Spirit will come on all people. They will prophesy, dream dreams, have visions. They will be shown wonders in the heavens and on the earth. Everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved!

In Ezekiel, God promises to give a new heart and put his Spirit in us. He promises to remove our stone hearts and give new hearts of flesh. The Spirit will move us to follow God’s decrees and to carefully follow his laws. We will live and be settled in our own land. God will no longer hide his face from us but pour out his Spirit on us.

Who are the recipients of these promises? 

All who believe that Jesus is the Messiah and their savior.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?

Answer: The promises are:  God will give a new spirit and will pour out His spirit on all people.

Answer: We are the recepient of those promises.

What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?

God promises to give a new heart and put a new spirit within;  He promise to take the heart of stone out and give you a heart of flesh (compassion); He promises to put His Spirit within to empower walking in His statutes, and keeping His judgments and doing them.  

He promises life "you shall live", and I will place you in your own land (restoration onto that which was promised).

He promise not hide His face upon reception of His Spirit (intimacy)

He promise pour out His Spirit on all flesh (all willing to receive) [As His Spirit guides prophesy, dreams, and visions will be given and come to pass to the recipients of His Spirit for His purpose(s).

He promise signs and wonders in the heavens and in the earth

He promise deliverance/salvation to those that call on the Name of the Lord

Many passages of Scripture informs us the need for God to give a new heart and put a new spirit within.  In my opinion, It goes beyond our attempting to discern the difference between upon/on and in.  The simple thought is sin, disobedience overpowered obedience; better, betrayal overpowered love! 

Ezekiel 23 give insight in regards to "Two Sinful Sisters" which in turn could be anyone that professed to be in intimate relationship the Lord. Hosea paints the horrid picture as well. 7:11 “Though Ephraim built many altars for sin offerings,  these have become altars for sinning" .  Unfortunately, the people placed their trust in other nations, things, themselves, false gods (5:13) their own strength (12:8) rather than the One who is the ONLY true Savior.

A new heart and put a new spirit within = God mind/Mind of Christ.  The people as do not need God to change our minds, our thinking, but more we need a mind change and a thinking change.  A new heart, a new spirit within = Mind of Christ, thinking of Christ. Hosea 6:6 , 1 Corinthians 2:11-16, Romans 8:9  

Who are the recipients of these promises?  All in adherence to the Ministry of Christ, the Ministry of Reconciliation, all that believe Christ Jesus is the Anointed Messiah, The Lord, The Savior.

In Joel it was prophesied that God would pour out his Spirit on all who believed in Him and will thus be saved.

All believers, those who believe in God, spread His word, obey His laws, would be recipients.

God promises to pour out his Spirit on all people. He promises that sons and daughters will prophesy, old men will dream dreams, young men will see visions. All who believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that we come to God through him will be the recipients of these promises. 

God promises us a new heart and a new spirit. With this new heart, we will follow his decrees and keep his laws. 

(Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?

Joel promised the Holy Spirit will pour out among all the people.  Ezekiel promised to put the Holy Spirit within you.

The recipients of these promises are all people.

Joel and Ezekiel tell us of these promises re the Holy Spirit: prophesying, dreaming, visions, salvation for all who call upon the name of the Lord, a new heart, a new spirit, a spirit of flesh and removal of the heart of stone. The house of Israel are the recipients of these promises, and maybe even today we can claim these promises!

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit? Who are the recipients of these promises?

God promises to pour out His Spirit on everyone. He promises that their sons and daughters will prophesy. Their old men will dream dreams and their young men will see visions. When His Spirit is poured out then everyone who calls on Him will be saved,

He will give them a new heart and a new spirit and remove the old ones. His Spirit will be put in them and they will walk in his statutes and obey Him. His Spirit will be put within them and they shall live and be placed in the land. Then they shall know that He is the Lord. He has spoken, and He will do it. He will not hide His face anymore.

The recipients are both Israel and the church. He is talking about both when he says it. And Joel’s words are repeated by Peter at Pentecost. Both Israel and the church will have new hearts and spirits put in them when they come to Him. Israel is not cut off forever by God; in the end , the ones who acknowledge Him will be saved and in the Millennial age Israel will have their land. Both Jew and Gentile are included in these promises.

What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit? Who are the recipients of these promises?

Ezekiel 39:29 And I will not hide My face from them anymore - WOW! Just like Moses... we can experience God.

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees - When we are filled with the Spirit(& not filled with the things of this world) we will naturally follow Him....& we need to pray and believe this for others that are struggling in their faith.

Joel 2:30-32 again we see judgement language tied to the coming of the Spirit.  A possibility is that this judgement might be referring to AD 70, & we are "the survivors"- verse 32. With the Temple destroyed, all possibilities of continuing in the Old Covenant have been squashed. We are the people of the Spirit, and NOT the Law.

Most Exciting: Joel2:28  Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.
-Last year, I started having waking visions. The Lord still speaks to us in this way. Just pursue love & eagerly desire spiritual gifts! 1Cor 14:1 

On 7/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit? Who are the recipients of these promises?

That he will pour out his spirit on his people, and fulfill  his wondrous promises.

All who call on the name of the Lord.

"And afterward I will pour out my spirit on all people.. " Joel2:28-32a 36:25-27 And I will give you a new heart and a new spirit I will put within you."...Ezekial 36:25-27 To all who accept Jesus as Savior and place their trust in Him, God will send the Holy Spirit to all and the promise is we are saved and God will never leave us, even when we fail. And all who call on Jesus, will be saved!

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) 
What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit? 

God promises to release the Holy Spirit throughout the whole world; to men, woman, slaves, Jews, and Gentiles. This happened at Pentecost to all who put their trust in our Lord Jesus as their Saviour. However, the final fulfillment of this prophecy of Joel will take place at the end of the Tribulation period when the Spirit of God will be poured on “all flesh” (KJV). In a general sense God’s Spirit gives life to a living being. Ezekiel speaks of a new spirit and a new heart that God will place in His people enabling them to obey His commandments. Joel writes that the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on believers will result in them prophesying, dreaming dreams, and seeing visions. I think this refers to them having a close relationship with the Lord, where He will communicate His Word and help them in understanding it. Prophecy does not mean only foretelling the future, but it is more about proclaiming God’s Word. In the OT the prophets continually spoke about the Word of the Lord coming to them, and giving them a deeper insight and a boldness to proclaim His Word. Not only telling them about what the future had in store for Israel, but also letting them know about His justice and righteousness, His grace and mercy, His love and compassion, and about His hatred of sin. In the OT we have examples of God communicating His Word through dreams - Jacob, Joseph, Daniel, and others. The same with visions – God used them as means of His revelations. 

In the passage in Joel, it is promised that the Holy Spirit will be poured out on ALL flesh, both male and female, that who shall call on the name of the Lord will be delivered. We are the recipients of this promise. The verses in Ezekiel however, appear to be promises for the Israelites when you read before and after. I am of the belief that the promise of the Holy Spirit was for all generations.

On 7/23/2018 at 1:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a. Promises:  Joel:  That God will pour out his spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.   Ezekiel:  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

b. Recipients:  Whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:04 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

God through Joel promises that he will pour out his Spirit on all people during this last days. Sons and daughters will prophesy, old men will dream dreams, young men will see visions and even his servants both men and women.

God through Ezekiel promises to give us a new heart and put a new spirit within us. He will remove from us our heart of stone and give us a heart of flesh. And God will put his Spirit in us and move us to follow his decrees and be careful to keep his laws. 

All those that believe that Jesus is the way the truth and the life are the recipients of this promises.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q4. (Joel 2:28-32; Ezekiel 36:26-27; 37:14; 39:29) What promises do we find in Joel and Ezekiel concerning the Holy Spirit?

God promises in Prophet Ezekiel said that He gives us new Heart and Holy spirit and will live, will no longer hide His face.

Prophet Joel said that God sends Holy spirit on all People, they will prophesy, will Dream, will Vision.

All People.

The recipients pf these promises are those who believe in God and the Holy Spirit.  The coming of God's Son is predicted and the saving of those who believe and worhsip in prayer.  Hoel's promises that the Holy Spirit will come a a gift to all people.  Ezekial prophesies that we will be guiven a new heart and the Holy Spirit so that no more shall people h to hide their gace from Hod.ave  

The prophecy of Joel was that a day would come when Yahweh would pour out His Spirit on all people who call on the name of the LORD. The manifestation of this promise began on the Day of Pentecost when the Spirit was poured out to indwell all who believe on Christ, regardless of gender, race, or position. Paul cited this prophecy as he wrote that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved [Romans 10:9].  The Spirit is given to all who are saved when, in faith, they call on the name of Jesus as the resurrected LORD.

The prophecies of Ezekiel were that Yahweh has promised His Spirit will dwell within His people to lead them in obedience to God. The Spirit will bring life and will unveil the face of God so that He can be known intimately. These promises were given directly to the house of Israel. We know that through their rejection of Jesus as Messiah, these promises are now extended to all who accept Him in the New Covenant of grace [Acts 13:46-47].