JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Partaking of Christ's Sufferings

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just knowing that if I go through the suffering and persecution like Jesus Christ that I am doing what is expected of me and that I am making God happy. Going through persecution is very hard but we must have faith, we must believe, and we must believe that everything that is happening in our lives is for a reason and if we do not understand why, it will be revealed when God knows that we are ready to understand and handle it.

That I'm not the only suffering (although I'm not glad others are either) but it's a consolation of sorts. To also know that suffering makes us better. As Christ was made perfect through suffering, I know that our Lord, who controls all things, is allowing this for my benefit.

Q2. (4:13) When you meditate on the idea of partaking of or being a sharer in Christ's sufferings, what perspective does it give you on whatever persecution you may experience?

The perspective is that Jesus Christ suffered for my sins and willingly gave Himself , and suffered mightyly that I might choose to live. The question is: Will I? :ph34r:

Q2. (4:13) When you meditate on the idea of partaking of or being a sharer in Christ's sufferings, what perspective does it give you on whatever persecution you may experience?

First of all, like anyone else, I would rather not suffer! But, Christ bore much more suffering that I ever could--and for me!! How can I dare shrink back from whatever suffering He knows will help to "grow" me in Him? <_<

So, I lean on Him, knowing He will be with me, supporting and loving me with His wonderful love! He says He will not put on us more than we can bear. Well, I know He knows how weak I am! Thank You, Lord, I don't have to carry it alone! He has promised to make the yoke "easy", and the burden "light"! With that promise, I can accept whatever suffering comes that He can use to further His kingdom. :)

When a person has failed, showed signs of being faithless, untrustworthy, unfit, you would expect that one to be placed to the side and not entrusted with any function of importance. Luke 16:10 "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much." What joy it is to such an one if the Lord should allow them to be a door keeper in the house of the Lord! One who should expect nothing rejoices when given any responsibility that he may be proven faithful. We have to understand that God does not have to allow us to do anything and that any task however menial is a great honour as we are serving the King. To be counted worthy to suffer persecution for the Lord should be our greatest source of thankfulness and joy. What an honour! Acts 5:41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

I know I will suffer because Christ suffered. He suffered yet He knew no sin. As I thought about this, I had to do some deep soul searching. I had to ask myself:

How do I feel about my enemies?

How do I deal with suffering?

Do I count it all a joy or am I resentiful and ask why me?

God tells us to love and forgive.

I pray for God to strenghten me in this area of my life.

As I sit here and type this I thinking about the flesh being weak but the spirit is willing. We can do all thing and go through with Christ who strengthen us.

WHAT A WONDERFUL PREVILIGE TO BE ABLE

TO SUFFER FOR THE LORD, I SAY LET IT BE

DONE. AT THE END WE ONLY SUFFER A LITTLE

IN COMPARE WITH HIS SUFFERING BUT WE DO

IT WITH COMPASSION AND LOVE THROUGH

HIM AND HE BROUGHT ME TO IT SO HE WILL

SEE ME TROUGH IT.

THE SPIRIT OF OUR LORD HAS RISEN AND WE

AS HIS CHILDREN WILL FOLLOW

DO I WANT TO FOLLOW TO A GLORIOUS HEAVEN?

OR DO I WANT TO RESIDE IN hell FOR EVER?

NOT A DIFFICULT CHOISE

I CHOISE TO SUFFER FOR A LITTLE WHILE IF

NEED TO BE, KNOWING THAT HE SUFFER FOR US

A LOT NOT ONLY A LITTLE.

MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU.

Even without the graphic reality of Mel Gibson's movie "The Passion", I know that the suffering that Christ experienced was far more than anything I have undergone. Whatever criticism or ridicule I may receive for being a Christian is nothing compared to what Jesus went through. If I'm in prison, being tortured for my beliefs, then maybe I'll feel I'm being persecuted. Otherwise, I'm just slightly inconvenienced for my faith, but nothing more than that.

When I meditate on the idea of partaking of or sharing in Christs sufferings I of myself would fail. Therefore I will trust in the Lord to carry me through and count it as blessings. Could I do suffering without the power of the Holy Spirit? Never in my whole life, but through his power all things are made possible. The tought of how Jesus suffered with all the persecution is probably not something we will suffer in our lifetime unless the end should come. Should that time arrive we could possibly suffer some of the persecutions others have expereinced in acknowledging Jesus.

My perspective is to trust in Jesus and lean not on my power, but trust solely in the power of Jesus. I will not lean on my full understanding of the love and scarifice that was made for me, but accept that love from my heavenly Father and know that the scarifice was made in my stead. Thank you Jesus for saving me. My life is in your hands.

The perspective that there is my experience has shown me that there is a reason why I may go thru a certain kind of persecution. There is a test that I need to pass. A lesson I need to learn. Where my job location, I am learning that even though there is some persecution.

The perspective it gives me is the great feeling of unity in the Lord. That His sufferings and mine are together for the sake of the gospel. What great privilege of sharing the platform of suffering along with my Savior. Because of the sufferings, I know that I will be a partaker of His blessings too. These sufferings, if they come, will be for a moment or a short span of time, but the blessings are for eternity. What a great hope and what great promises. :rolleyes:

2.) (4:13) When you meditate on the idea of partaking of or being a sharer in Christ's sufferings, what perspective does it give you on whatever persecution you may experience?

2.) I am led to a passage in Paul's last letter to his protege TImothy where he writes: "Therefore, I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. Here is a trustworthy saying: 'If we die with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.'" 2 Timothy 2:10-13 Great is your faithfulness! Thank you Lord. :rolleyes:

Sharing in His sufferings makes me feel so close to Jesus because I am standing with Him and He with me. We are agreed and united in this. Also it's great to be with THE STRENGTH! I feel less of the need to be supported by people when I am with Jesus - less co-dependent with the unrighteous - FREE! Those who persecute are ignorant of the Truth, and I feel sad for them. In fact I am learning to plead for them as did Jesus on the Cross, urgently and with desperation.

I cry out so easily when I feel I am being wronged, while my Master went silently to the cross, to pay for MY sin. What shame that brings me! In the turmoils that that are facing me now, I have not brought glory to the Father on several recent encounters. I must learn to become more like my Saviour, and less like a spoiled child. I feel that I am Spriitual Warfare Bootcamp, and the drill sargent has picked me out as his punching bag. It gives me great consolation to know that I am not unlike any other believer, and that we do have friends in High Places. Praise be to God!!

I doubt that any of us will ever come close to experiencing the suffering that our Lord and Savior experienced, and no one wants to suffer persecution. I feel like any suffering that I face for Him would make be feel closer to Him. Kind of like I

If I experience persecution for Christ's sake, I would consider it a blessing. It is always an honor to be in the service of the Lord. When serving to the point of persecution, we have the knowledge that God is even nearer and holding us close to His heart.

(4:13) When you meditate on the idea of partaking of or being a sharer in Christ's sufferings, what perspective does it give you on whatever persecution you may experience?

I think when we suffer for Christ's sake (though by no means the depth of His suffering), it should make us more sensitive and dedicated in our service to God. Nothing we suffer can ever compare to the price Jesus paid to save us!

Since Christ suffered so much, He understands and comforts us in our time of suffering and gives us the strength to endure. We only need to turn to Him for this strength and the patience to get through the trials. What a wonderful blessing!

Hebrews 13:5 tells us that God will never leave us nor forsake us; and in my weaknesss or suffering, I know that I can fully rely on Him. I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future! Thank you, Lord! :)

:P God loved us first and redeemed us through the blood and suffering of his only son JESUS Christ. As I try to abide in Him, I may face trials and persecutions in this world of this world. The high calling we have to be sons and co-heirs of God himself, totally over shadows all these persecutions we face because of that. :D

In my sufferings,trials,tests for strengths I dont believe I could put myself on the same level of sufferings that Jesus went through.Although I feel at times I am suffering a great deal,but never to the extent of what Jesus Christ went through.Once I saw the movie Passion For Christ,I look at the great unmeasurable of suffering Jesus went through and this gives me strength to get through what ever I am up against,because I know in my heart that Jesus suffered a cruel death, that I would never suffer like he did.Jesus is our way out.Know matter how much we suffer,Jesus is with us all the way.He said I will never leave you or forsake you.Sometimes we feel we are alone,and feel we cant take anymore of this world,but we can.We must move on,pick ourselves up,crawl if we have to but in the end we know there is a great begenning.Our future has already been taken care of.Jesus has defeated everything.Satan has no power or authority.Our secret is believing that.Remember Jesus stripped Satan of everything. So know matter what we go through always remember Jesus is with us!!

I do not have to go to a lower level of belief or ideal just because of someone else, I have to live my life so I am pleased with myself and more important that God is pleased with my actions. Showing humility with my fellow man will make me a better person or servant of God than my trying to extol greatness. Just knowing that I have a Saviour who gave up His life for me is enough for me to try and live my life fully throug any persecution that I amy experience.

I admit that I have never really been persecuted for my faith, however I have read and heard stories of Christians who have had to enduring torture and imprisonment because they refused to deny Jesus. Most of them admitted that during the times of extreme persecution, they felt a special closeness to God.

We can also rejoice knowing that we are not alone in our sufferings,that Christ is with us whether we feel His presense during that time or not.

When you meditate on the idea of partaking of or being a sharer in Christ's sufferings, what perspective does it give you on whatever persecution you may experience?

It helps me to understand that even in my suffering I can be a testimony to His grace and mercy. Others can observe me in my sufferings and see Jesus in me and know that I have something that is real. Yes, so real that I will not turn and run but hold steaadfast to my walk with Christ. It is a tool for evangelism. Not that people get saved because of my suffering but they can see Jesus in them and His character in my own attitude toward persection for Christ. No one gets saved because of me but because of Him in me.