JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Day 8. Multitude

Pastor Ralph

Day 8 Meditation (Revelation 7:9-12). Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation? What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? How dare we no longer act? How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we?

• 2 weeks later...

Day 8 Meditation (Revelation 7:9-12). 
Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation? 
What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? 
How dare we no longer act? 
How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we? 

It is from this Throne that the universe is ruled. One of the great themes of Revelation is the worship of our Lord Jesus Christ, who died on the Cross, and who now sits upon the throne of the universe. We find that Jesus rules the universe as Creator, as Lord, and as Reconciler. In Col 1:16 we read about our Lord ruling as the Creator. “For by Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. Not only is Jesus Christ the Creator of nature, but He holds it all together. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together” (Col 1:17). Jesus Christ is the Lord of providence - the true King with unlimited power. The ultimate authority over the universe. God raised Him up and "made Him sit at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come; and He has put all things under His feet and has made Him the head over all things for the church" (Eph. 1:20-22). This authority will be more fully displayed when Jesus returns to earth in power and great glory to reign (2 Thess. 1:7-10). On that day He will be acknowledged as "King of kings and Lord of lords" (Rev. 19:16) and every knee shall bow to Him (Phil. 2:10). Jesus Christ reigns as the Reconciler. He does this by being our perfect high priest, who continually leads us into God's presence so that we no longer have need of a special priesthood to stand between us and God. Jesus has opened for us the way of access to God so that we can continually "draw near" into God's very presence without fear but with "confidence" and in "full assurance of faith." He continually brings us near to God. 
The great multitude around the throne is the result of the Great Commission (Matt 28:19), which must be completed before the end comes (Matt 24:14).
Jesus was talking about the urgency of spreading the gospel to all. Among this band of white-robed saints will be peoples of all race groups, all nationalities, and who speak different languages. They are the ones who have remained faithful to our Lord through the generations. We are all in the same boat, having been elected by God, generated by the Holy Spirit, and having responded in faith and repentance to become children of God. We will spend eternity with them, our brothers and sisters in Christ. 

Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation? Worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation because it is the crown jewel of the saints, the culmination of our journey before we enter into eternity. It is worship in gratitude.

What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? The implications of the band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority people in our own cities and countries show us that in Heaven, before the throne of God, we are all equal. With God all are equal in status, there is no minority.

How dare we no longer act? How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we? It would be good practice to begin what we will be living for all eternity, accepting each other as God accepts us all.

Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation?

It reveals the greatness and the magnificent of God through that love relationship we have. It is the pure adoration of the saints purchased by the blood of the Lamb.

What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? How dare we no longer act?

Christ died for the world, no one is single out and we should rise up to share the Gospel to anyone. Be bold and be courageous.

How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we?

Begin to pray for them and ask God to remove barrier like discrimination. Then act on the word of God just like what James tells us " be doer of God's word".

I think that the worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation is because we have been brought through this world by the grace of God and that we have a Savior that has also been here on earth and was willing to sacrifice His life for us. The band of white-robed saints before the throne with all the people there means that even though we worshipped different we were all still the same.

Since I have never actually physically met anyone on this Forum, I have no idea what you look like(with my eyes)..likewise you have never met me...and yet..and yet...there is a bond from having the same desire to know and serve our Savior...and for others who are "outside" to be here with us....I think back to the days when I was much younger and didn't get invited to a "big event" or was invited and couldn't go...This event in the throne room of GOD is an "open invitation" for everyone to come, to be there to participate in the worship...PLEASE don't miss it...That seed of LOVE that GOD has planted in our hearts desires to see all men saved..regardless of race,creed,or national origin...When we truly have Spiritual eyes in our glorified bodies, LOVE is ALL we will see....

Q.Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation?

A. Worship is primary purpose God created man for. It is an important engagement of creation in heaven and is thus highlighted or emphasized in Revelation for our attention and action while still here on earth.

Q. What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? .How are we no longer act? How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we?

A. It is imperative that oneness in worship be our focus and engagement here on earth without segregation on basis of race, tribe or any divisive criteria.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:38 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 8 Meditation (Revelation 7:9-12). Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation? What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? How dare we no longer act? How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we?

1. Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation? 

I believe it is because the Bride of Christ is now safely home, finally able to behold Him in His glory, and to thank Him in worship for His unspeakable sacrifice which "bought" us back from Satan and secured us as our Father's children, and our elder Brother Jesus, siblings.

2. What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries?

Regardless of nation or tongue we are all His precious blood bought children.....He is delighted in His creation, and the colorful array of each of us.

3. How dare we no longer act?

I've been a member of a mostly black (I'm not) church  and was delightfully at home as a minority, and rejoiced in that, having come from a state in America where the majority of people belong to a cult where it is taught that black people bear the "mark or curse of Cain". Discrimination was the norm and though I wasn't part of the cult, I rarely saw a person of color, and was afraid when I encountered one as a child. I thrived and  learned to worship freely in that wonderful church, and was distressed when we moved away. All of that to say, I'm intolerant of racism and prejudice, but I don't have an answer to the ugly problem except to pray, and to be delighted that our children grew up with no prejudice, and have friends of all nationalities. We are members of a very racially mixed church now and love that wonderful blend of accents, colors, different expressions of worship....so my prayers are that this kind of church will become the norm!

4. How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we?

We are called, in Jesus, to love as He loves....with appreciation for our differences in color, language, customs, and so on. And that love isn't just for Christian Brothers and sisters, but whomever and where ever we meet.  Thank you Wayne.....your answer warmed my heart and spirit!!!!

11 hours ago, Wayne Hall said:

Since I have never actually physically met anyone on this Forum, I have no idea what you look like(with my eyes)..likewise you have never met me...and yet..and yet...there is a bond from having the same desire to know and serve our Savior...and for others who are "outside" to be here with us....I think back to the days when I was much younger and didn't get invited to a "big event" or was invited and couldn't go...This event in the throne room of GOD is an "open invitation" for everyone to come, to be there to participate in the worship...PLEASE don't miss it...That seed of LOVE that GOD has planted in our hearts desires to see all men saved..regardless of race,creed,or national origin...When we truly have Spiritual eyes in our glorified bodies, LOVE is ALL we will see....

On 5/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

a. Worship before the throne is such a theme in Revelation because the God of Creation who loved us in the beginning and longed for fellowship with us, and even when that fellowship was broken with the sin of Adam, he continually loved us and made a way for us to come back to Him.  He sent His Son, born of a woman overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, a God-Man, Holy, who came and suffer rejection, stripes on His back for our healing, shedding of His Blood for our Redemption, the perfect sacrifice, to save us from an eternal hell. He died, was buried, rose again and ascended to His Father and sends us a Helper the Holy Spirit to live inside of us.   Who could not but worship this God and Savior!

b. Because God made everyone and he made us all equal.  When you become a Christian you don't see color.  What we are afraid of is sinners who do evil, and it doesn't matter what color they are, they just need Jesus.   We are saints in white robes of every race and color and are brothers and sisters in Christ and truly love one another.  And we should be rehearsing that love here, now, on earth.  A personal story: One day I looked out onto my garden and saw my beautiful, large cactus zinnias and God reminded me that we are like flowers, each flower was beautiful, all different colors, all had the same stem, and grew in the same dirt, received the same sun and same rain, all provided by God.  We like flowers are all different colors, all beautiful, all different in personality, all special and all loved by God because He created all of us.

c. But I am giving you a new command. You must love each other, just as I have loved you. John 13:34   Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Outdo yourselves in honoring one another.  Romans 12:10 

I think that it is the main theme because for all eternity we will be in heaven and praising God. For all eternity we will be singing to the One who saved us from sin, death, hell and the grave. John is telling us that this is the proper attitude we should have and that we should be doing it now. We should be thinking about who He is and what He has done for us. Because for all eternity we will be with Him. Because He will be at the center of that glorious city. All creation will be praising and glorifying Him. Like John the Baptist we should say that I must decrease but He must increase. More of Him and less of me. 

The implications of all different peoples around the throne mean that God or the Lord does not discriminate based on color, race, nationality,

size, economic status, or gender. All are worthy of the salvation that was bought at the cost of Jesus's sacrifice. God wants all people to be saved. None are left out. This means we should not  prefer one person over another but treat everyone equally. Because we are all one in Him; all one body and His bride.

We should love them as He does and esteem them highly. We should think of them more than ourselves. For they are washed and purified in His blood just like we are.

Day 8 Meditation (Revelation 7:9-12). Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation?

Because this worship includes all nation, tribes, peoples and languages simply confirms 5:9, where the Lamb is praise for redeeming a diverse multitude. It says racial distinctions and individuality are reserved in eternity.

What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries?

The implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne is that “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb” Revelation 7:10

How dare we no longer act? How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we?

we can began by putting into practice the great commandment. Loving one another as ourselves. We say we want to go to heaven, then we should help others to go to by disciplining

Worship is theme in heaven, because one gets filled with magnificent revelation as one faces God in His splendor in His throne. No one can stand extraordinary scene of the presence of God. Isaiah, Ezikael, John himself testified this and later Paul told us unspeakable things he saw in the third heaven. Worship is not by force and once knowledge and manipulation but with inner most feeling arouse by Holyspirit that reveals God in his full glory and power. That is what Paul told us that now we see in twilight, but when we face God our knowledge will be full and holy, which lead us to true worship.

God cares for the vulnerable and oppressed. That was one of Isreal's problems which made God punish them apart from idolatry. Oppression brings the wrath of God. He know not our color, language, rich, boundaries...but our being the work of His hand. Minority and poor and rich and King and queen is what man ordained by himself. Let our being human suffice to respect and treat good to each other.

We are called to act like Him, humility, whether we are in the palace, multi million company, in a small village in forests or in big cities, we need to show love, respect and hope to each other.

On 5/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Day 8 Meditation (Revelation 7:9-12). Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation?  It is the place in which we show our gratitude for He that died and saved us. We worship him for the tremendous sacrifice.  

What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? How dare we no longer act? The saints in white from all nations likely is a representation of the many that were saved in following the teaching of Jesus. Basically salvation sees no color, no race. If you believe, you will sit in the throne room and worship He that will provide eternal life.  

How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we? As a person of color, I love it when I'm treated the same as anyone else. Instead of seeing race, color or nationality, I just want to be seen as a good human being. I think our politically correct culture forces us to pay special favor to certain groups for being under privileged and I think that works against equality. If you treat everyone fairly and show respect when due, everything will just work itself out. For the record, I'm a minority person and I do not support Affirmative Action. 

Why do you think worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation? Worship before the throne is such a theme of Revelation because it is the crown jewel of the saints, the culmination of our journey before we enter into eternity. It is worship in gratitude.

What are the implications of this band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority peoples in our own cities and countries? The implications of the band of white-robed saints before the throne for our relationships with minority people in our own cities and countries show us that in Heaven, before the throne of God, we are all equal. With God all are equal in status, there is no minority.

How dare we no longer act? How must we act towards these who are different, but very much the same as we? It would be good practice to begin what we will be living for all eternity, accepting each other as God accepts us all.

Worship before the throne is because the glorious presence and reign of God abounds.  In our worship, our inner relations toward God are a result of a celebration of God's action and purpose.  The white robed souls are the martyrs for our Church who will show us the glory and wisdom of God.  In this process will be revealed how revelation comes to ALL mens'  minds.  It is a gift from God and begins with  God.

I believe worship is the theme because all the saints are now are gathered around the throne and finally can see the Lord in all His splendor and majesty. They are filled with love and adoration for their King and Savior because of that. We are to love our brothers and sisters of color regardless of race. We are not supposed to be judge them based on their skin color because that is not what God would want. 

Because Jesus is worthy of all praise for all time.

Jesus cleanses all of us, and he is LORD of all of us. We must treat each other as considering others better than ourselves, because we are family and valued equally by the Lord Jesus.

Should not act like we are better than anyone else.

Listen to, love and respect them.