JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q14. Timing

Pastor Ralph

• 3 months later...

The world was just right for some change and that time was the time to do it. To be “redeemed” means that God has decided to give us a different system of worship and has given us his son to redeem us from our sins. To be “adopted” means I have the same advantage as those that were born into the family. My inheritance is the Kingdom of God.

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5) Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did?  He is omniscient and with that knows the best timing for everything. 

What does it mean that he "redeemed" you?  He freed me with his body and blood from the dominion of death. 

What does it mean that he "adopted" you?  He welcomed me into his family as one of his own. 

What is your inheritance? Eternal life with Christ and all he was given. 

Though by training, I'm an intellectual historian (historian of ideas). I must admit I have absolutely NO IDEA why God sent Jesus at that time. Janine. above, summed it well: "He is omniscient and knows the best timing for everything." 

To be redeemed means, most literally, to be set free as a slave, with full privileges and responsibilities of a freed individual. To me, as an individual, it means that the blood of Jesus at Calvary has set me free from sin -- paid the head-price for my redemption and release.

To be adopted is amazing, particularly the terms Pastor Ralph uses: "Jesus as my elder brother," siblings with Him, etc.  I can't understand this either, honestly. A fully adopted child has all the privileges and (share of) inheritance as his or her siblings, so I have a wee part of Jesus' inheritance.

Q1 God sent Jesus into the world when He did because it was the right time to do it. His timing is perfect and is not our timing so it was the right time. It was the right time in the world , commercialy, politically and historically. The stage was set and Jesus was born.

Q2.To be redeemed means that Jesus paid the price to buy me back from my sinful state and made me right with God. This was subject to my asking God for forgiveness and truly repenting of my sins.

Q3. Because I have asked the Lord into my life and I have repented from my sin I am adopted into the family of God. I am an adopted daughter of the living God.

Q4. My inheritance is being able to spend eternity in heaven in the presence of God. Alleluia! 

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5) Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when He did? What does it mean that He "redeemed" you? What does it mean that He "adopted" you? What is your inheritance? 
God’s timing is always perfect. The time had come for God to send His Son to provide us with the righteousness we could not provide ourselves. The law had done its work of showing our utter sinfulness and inability to live up to God’s perfect standard of righteousness (Rom 3:23). Jesus came when the Roman civilization had brought peace and a road system which facilitated travel; when the Grecian civilization provided a language which was adopted as the lingua franca of the empire; when the Jews had proclaimed monotheism and there was the expectation of the Messiah. He redeemed me, refers to the special work of Jesus on the Cross in which He paid the price to purchase me and set me free from the slavery to sin. He adopted me, refers to God’s mercy and grace shown to me in making me a member of His family. Jesus being God’s Son, is the heir of all God’s riches, and me being adopted as a son of God, I’m also an heir of God through Christ! 

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5) Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when He did?

God had promised long ago through His prophets, throughout the ages to send the Redeemer/Messiah to His Own. When the time was right religeously, culturally, commercially and politically, then Jesus was sent into the world.  God's timing was perfect. 

What does it mean that He "redeemed" you?

I was condemned to spend eternity in hell because of my sins. There was a price to pay for this not to happen. A sacrifice had to be made. Christ paid that price to get me out of that situation. He redeemed me. He paid that sacrifice. He paid with His Life. 

What does it mean that He "adopted" you?

I am no longer a 'slave', but a daughter. Part of God's family. Co-heir with Christ. I fully belong to God (boots and all) 

What is your inheritance?

What is Christ's is also mine. What He inherits I too inherit. He is seated in the heavenlies. My place is there also. 

It was God's time to send his Son. He allowed Jesus to be born as a human child to teach, draw unbelievers, and heal. The people could see the miraculous things he was doing. The will of God.

Being redeemed is having a new life in Jesus. Your soul will be forever changed. Deliverance from sin.

You are no longer a slave to sin because you are redeemed and now he has adopted you so the inheritance is what you will receive.

The inheritance is a place with God, our Father. No more trials, tribulations, crying, sadness, and whatever else that causes strife. A place of peacefulness in eternal life.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5)  Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did? What does it mean that he “redeemed” you? What does it mean that he “adopted” you? What is your inheritance?

I doubt know why God sent Jesus at that time, but I know God's timing is perfect.

He redeemed me from my sins from the life I was living.

I am now a child of God and my inheritance is everlasting life.

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5)  Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did? What does it mean that he “redeemed” you? What does it mean that he “adopted” you? What is your inheritance?

1.  a.  God does everything perfect.  He sent His Son at the proper time, something He had planned since the beginning of time.

b.  Being redeemed means He bought me from slavery to sin, to freedom and from darkness to light.

c.  He adopted me, made me His child, His daughter.  I received the full rights of being His child.  Loved me enough to send His Son to die for me.

d.  I am a co-heir with Christ. What Christ inherits, I inherit.  Christ is my older brother.  I am seated in heavenly places, in Christ.

Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did?  What does it mean that he “redeemed” you?

This was something that was predestine and this was the right time. To redeem us, deliver us, save us from sin.  However way you want to put it. 

What does it mean that he "adopted" you?

It means that we might receive full rights as sons and daughters.

My inheritance is, as co-heir to Christ, I can receive whatever he receives

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5) Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did?

It was just the right time, religiously, culturally, commercially and politically

What does it mean that he "redeemed" you?

We were under satanic bondage in our sin so he paid and bought us back by his death and resurrection on cross to make us children of God.

What does it mean that he "adopted" you?

When he paid for our sin, he then took us away from the custody and control of satan unto the Kingdom of our Lord God Almighty. Hallelujah.

Power to reign along with Jesus and to possess all the heavenly riches of the Father

God sent Jesus into the world whe he did because in God’s eyes it was the perfect time.  His perfect timing never fails us. 
The Lord rescued me by delivering me, he removed the chains of darkness snd brought me into His light. 
He gave me sonship and I am now a child of God, I am a co-heir with Jesus Christ and my inheritance is eternal life.

• 11 months later...

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5) Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did?

God sent Jesus into this world at the time He did because it was the set time when everything was ripe- religiously, politically, commercially etc. for the assignment the son would do.

What does it mean that he "redeemed" you? What does it mean that he "adopted" you? What is your inheritance?

He redeemed me means he bought me back (redeemed me back) from satanic reign doomed for eternity in hell unto the kingdom of light with the Lord Jesus where I would reign with him as I share my inheritance with him in heaven.

Q14. (Galatians 4:4-5)  Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did? What does it mean that he “redeemed” you? What does it mean that he “adopted” you? What is your inheritance?

To set us free from the law.  There were things we could not do ourselves when under the law.

Jesus paid the price for us to receive salvation and be reconciled to God.

We are God's spiritual sons and daughters. We are heirs with Christ Jesus.

We receive the heir of what Jesus receives. We receive freedom to be saved.

• 11 months later...

God sent Christ into this world when He did because all the thing they had agreed religiously, culturally, commercially, and politically had been fulfilled. The time had been agreed and fixed between god and His Son from all eternity.

Redeem mean to buy back, deliver, or secure deliverance of.  We have been delivered from sin and Satan, the world, the bondage of ceremonial law, and the curse and condemnation of the moral law.

Adoption  is to be granted the same right and privileges as those who are born to the person. We have the power , authority, and privilege from God through Christ to become son and daughter with rights to a heavenly inheritance which we shall enjoy in the hereafter with Christ.

We are heirs of all the blessing of grace and glory, righteousness, life, salvation, and a kingdom and glory.  Our inheritance is in His presence, reserved safe in Him, and by Him, and with Him we shall enjoy it for what Christ inherits we inherit.

1.  a.  God does everything perfect.  He sent His Son at the proper time, something He had planned since the beginning of time.

b.  Being redeemed means He bought me from slavery to sin, to freedom and from darkness to light.

c.  He adopted me, made me His child, His daughter.  I received the full rights of being His child.  Loved me enough to send His Son to die for me.

d.  I am a co-heir with Christ. What Christ inherits, I inherit.  Christ is my older brother.  I am seated in heavenly places, in Christ.

• Why do you think God sent Jesus into this world when he did?
    • A s explained in the teaching the time was right; religiously, culturally, commercially and politically
  • What does it mean that he "redeemed" you?
    • Jesus 'bought' me from the slavery of sin so that in him I am free
  • What does it mean that he "adopted" you?
    • As an adopted daughter of God I can claim my rightful place, my rightful status with Jesus as my brother and hence co-heir
  • What is your inheritance?
    • Inheritance,  in this context, means that everlasting spiritual belonging to God, that salvation. By adoption as God's children we have that privilege of getting whatever we need through His son