JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q12. Mercy Triumphs

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy (2:2-3) a denial of mercy?

Because when showing regard toward the wealthy at the expense of the poor, we show a lack of mercy and compasssion toward the poor.

Extra credit: Read Hosea 6:6; Matthew 5:7; and 9:13. In what way does mercy "triumph over" (NIV, RSV, NASB) or "rejoice against" (KJV) judgment? What does this mean?

If we were judged according to our sins, we would be going to hell because it's what we deserve. BUT, praise God that He is merciful! So much so that He sent His OWN son to bear our sins. What a small thing it is to show mercy to others when we think of the mercy Christ has given us!!!!

In denying anyone of mercy, because of their position, we are being judgemental and not merciful. In the Beatitudes Jesus tells us that the "merciful will obtain mercy." One of the actions God condemns in us is that of being judgemental. But one of God's requirement of us is that we should 'love mercy.'

Mercy triumphs over judgement in that in being merciful we are demonstrating God's love in us. We should always remember that it is through God's grace and mercy, in Christ Jesus, that we are heirs of eternal life. By his death and resurrection, we have gained the victory. It stands to reason, therefore, that as we everyday receive mercy from God's hands, we should show mercy to others.

Mercy is a powerful condition of the heart - a purifying and redeeming agent. It works both ways. In showing mercy, we also receive mercy. It is a win win situation, my friends . Thanks be to God!

Love of money goads us to say and do things we do not really believe in. Love is liberating and encourages us to do good wherever we can. We liberate those we use to judge. By our love actions we liberate ourselves and our society. Judgement without mercy will be shown those who are not merciful.

When we are faithful,loyal,humble ourselves, show kindness, and show mercy to sinners rather than good people then we are merciful and not judgemental.

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy

(2:2-3) a denial of mercy?

again it's letting you think that you can be the judge. besides everyone is created equal. just someone happens to be poor,cripple,disformed...etc. they don't deserve our mercy.WRONG maybe they could use it more.

Read Hosea 6:6

all the gold in the world is not a good offering if you treat people like dirt. people are GOD's children. and whatever you do onto them you do onto me.

Matthew5:7;

do onto others as you would have them do onto you

Matthew9:13

we need to be merciful to the sinners;

that's what it's all about. helping the ones that need help,

In what way does mercy "triumph over" or "rejoice against" judgment? What does this mean?

it's easy to do something for someone that won't fight with you, that's kind or that will pay you for it (by money or favor etc..) or will appreciate it.

the sinners take a little more gumtion to approach. but the reward of seeing them saved is much larger than the other rewards.(even if it's harder to achieve)

In what way is showing regards towards the wealthy a denial of mercy?

If I show regards toward the wealthy for the simple fact that they have money it is like saying they can buy my love. God's offer of savation was out of complete total mercy on a depraved race, rich or poor and cannot be bought. It is a free gift for us but it wasn't free for Jesus.

Extra Credit

Read Hosea 6:6, Matthew5:7 and 9:13. Inwhat way does mercy triumph over judgement or rejoice over judgement. What does this mean?

When God gave the Mosaic law it was to show us what we must do to not be judged by Him and since none of us can measure up to the law but all have fallen short He provided a way through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior so that he could extend mercy over any who would believe on Jesus through the shedding of His blood for the remission of their sins. Therefore God's mercy triumphs over judgment and we can rejoice because we will not be judged but we have received salvation of our souls through His mercy.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers6:24-26

Matthew Henry says "the power of godliness is the main thing God looks at and requires, and without it the form of godliness is of no use."

If we do not show mercy to the poor, and to the rich only God will not show us mercy.

Matthew 5:7 says: Blessed are the merciful for they(we) shall obtain mercy. IF WE SHOW MERCY TO THE POOR.

HOSEA 6:6 God tell us here that He wants us to show mercy rather than sacrifice. :D

Mercy wins

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy (2:2-3) a denial of mercy?

When we judge wrongly, we set limits upon another. Mercy does not set limits. Mercy is like a constant flow.

Extra credit: Read Hosea 6:6; Matthew 5:7; and 9:13.

Hosea 6:6 and Matthew 5:7, 9:13, tells us that mercy must be given to be received. God demands mercy over sacrifice. His mercy is greater than our sin.

In what way does mercy "triumph over" (NIV, RSV, NASB) or "rejoice against" (KJV) judgment?

Mercy frees, judgment limits.

What does this mean?

This means that even when one is judging and one is not .. the one giving mercy will have more influence than the one giving judgement.

If I'm prejudice to a poor person, then I am denying him or her mercy.

We as Christians need to share the saving grace of the Lord with the rich and poor. Deny nothing from God to anyone.

Mercy triumphs over judgment because mercy frees us from judgment.

I believe we must remember, there are rich unsaved and there are poor unsaved.

The Bible teaches us that all have sinned. Rich and the Poor have sinned. We all need God's mercy to take away our sin judgment.

I as a sinner, were already judged. The Bible teaches us that "death is the wages of sin."

Whenever I confessed my sin to a righteous God, He showed me mercy that I did not desirve and wiped my slate clean. I'm so thankful I did not have to show my wealth (which I had none) to God in order to receive His mercy.

So now, when I show mercy t the rich and the poor, God keeps showering His mercy on me.

Now if the rich man is saved and the poor man is saved, then they are equal in God's eye. That is how we should see them. MERCY HAS MUCH MORE ABOUND!

God is so Good!

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy (2:2-3) a denial of mercy? Extra credit: Read Hosea 6:6; Matthew 5:7; and 9:13. In what way does mercy

You are raising this person above other because of status or wealth, you are suppose to love all the same.

With out the mercy of God, Chist our savior dying for and covering our sins with his blood we would all be judged the same. Condemed to eternity with the love of God to comfort us.

The triumph is because Christ died we will never be sepated from God.

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy (2:2-3) a denial of mercy? Extra credit: Read Hosea 6:6; Matthew 5:7; and 9:13. In what way does mercy "triumph over" (NIV, RSV, NASB) or "rejoice against" (KJV) judgment? What does this mean?

In what way is showing regard for the wealthy a denial of mercy? In 2 ways--it is as, others have said--making a judgment based on material wealth--discriminating between a wealthy person and a poor one--It infers that wealth makes you worthy of God's favor--in Christ there is no distinction between people because of race/color/wealth/gender-- all have sinned and come short of the glory of God!

How does mercy triumph over judgment? Judgment demands payment for wrongs/sin--mercy forgives!!

Again when you are showing favouritism you are sinning and you are breaking the Commandment of Jesus. Respect all~ Follow the teachings of Jesus. Love your neighbour as yourself.

Show love and compassion~ Not 'great deeds' where you hurt others along the way.

This Study is making me realize a lot about myself. Thank you for inviting me to participate in it.

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy (2:2-3) a denial of mercy? Extra credit: Read Hosea 6:6; Matthew 5:7; and 9:13. In what way does mercy

Showing favouritism toward the wealthy is a denial of mercy to the poor,

as we were never instructed by God's Word to give to the rich, but to reach

out to those in need; the kingdom of heaven is reserved for the poor and the

poor in Spirit. Hardly will a rich man enter into the kingdom of God????

Mercy triumphs over judgement because there is AGAPE love in mercy. Blessed(happy) are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. Mercy does

not require a payment back, but judgement results in a person being

penialized-without mercy.

Q4. (2:13b) In what way is showing regard towards the wealthy

(2:2-3) a denial of mercy?

God shows mercy to all alike. When we show mercy to only the wealthy we are leaving them out of the mercy of God he does not hole one person higher than another. He uses all that will chose to be used of him. God is no respecter of person he is the same toward all and we need to be the same to all. We need to tell the whole world that Jesus loves them rich or poor it is all the same.

Extra credit: Read Hosea 6:6; Matthew

5:7; and 9:13. In what way does mercy "triumph over" (NIV, RSV,

NASB) or "rejoice against" (KJV) judgment? What does this mean?

When we show mercy we are doing what God wants us to do. He set the example by giving his only begotten son on the cross for our sins. We have been set free by the mercy of Jesus to die for our sins. We are not to place judgment over others for he did not judge us he saved us from sin. Thank you Jesus. WE are to forgive as he has forgiven us and took our sins upon him. Mercy wins out each time and judgment is for God not for people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hosea - God wants mercy, not burnt sacrifices.

Matthew - Blessed are the merciful for they shall show mercy; God desires mercy from us

God wants us to show mercy to others, just like he shows mercy to us. Discrimination is nearly the opposite of mercy since we are not being merciful to the ones we look down apon.

This mercy triumps over judgement since God showed mercy to us. The only thing he expects us to do is to show mercy to others. The parable of the king who wiped out the debt of the merchant, but who in turn did not show mercy to a person indebted to him brings this out clearly.

It is mercy along with faith that triumphs over what should have been a certain judgement against us.