JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q27. Christ's Return

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return? Why is patience so vital?

The date of Christ return was set before the creation of the world. Paul in his writings expected to see the Lord return in his life time. Well it has been about 2000 years and he has not returned YET. We still need to be like Paul, Eagerly expecting the Lord return. We need to live each day as if today is the day of his return. But we don't want to be inpatient and be looking to a furture date for his return.

Impatients leads to worry to stress to dout to unbelief

Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

We backslide because we are not looking for His return to be soon. "I'll just repent of this 'sin' tomorrow and God will forgive me." That's a bad way to think because He is coming as a theif in the night.

Why is patience so vital?

Well, patience is vital in a number of ways. I need to be more patient with a co-worker that just wants to make my life miserable. I need to be patiently awaiting Jesus' return and I need to be more patient with my kids. It just goes on and on and on. :blink:

If we fail to wait patiently for Christs return, we will get frustrated and give up.

We need to be patient as this will develop character in us. Character will develop hope and hope will never dissapoint us. This is because the love of Christ is spread abroad in our hearts

What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return.

We can easily become discouraged and disheatened. We need to look forward to Christs coming to give us the hope we need to live the godly lives in Christ Jesus that the world needs to see in us. Right now for me the days seem very dark and when I sing songs like Soon and very soon we are going to see the Lord it gives me hope.

God's timetable is diffferent from ours. He is working out things in this world that take time and we must be patient realizing that He is at work and it is a wonderful work.

We must lift each other up in prayer and those around us who are fellow sufferers for the Lord and for those in darkness.

I'm convinced that the answer is God and that prayer is vital.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers 6:24-26

The obvious thing would be that we would become complacent - not caring - maybe even give up. If we aren't excited, then Satan will distract us and we will stop working for God's kingdom - telling others of truth -

We must realize that it is not about us - but it is always about God, His plan, His timing and glory for His kingdom.

Live each day as if He will return then!

Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return? Why is patience so vital?

If we lack patience we may fall away from Christ, we may become distracted by worldly things and lose our reward. Patience is so vital because it reveals the Holy Spirit working in our lives; patience reveals love for others and love for God

With all of the sin that is going on around us we will become discouraged if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return. 2 Peter 3:8 and 9, "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the LORD a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The LORD is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

3a.) (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

3a.) Our faith becomes flat, lukewarm, neither hot nor cold.

3b.) (5:7-8) Why is patience so vital?

3b.) Paul writes: "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverence, perseverence, character, and character, hope. And hope does not dissapoint us because God poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." (Romans 5:2,3)

5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return? Why is patience so vital?

5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

We can be caught off guard.

Because no one knows the hour of Jesus return and we have to be ready when He comes. 2 Peter 3:10-13

First we must remember that God's timing is different than ours. A day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day with the Lord.We must endure and establish our hearts in Christ so the tempter has no room to enter. We must be sure where we will spend eternity. We must not give in to worldly things and stay faithful to Christiandom. We give the tempter the okay to move in when we don't. We live for our own pleasures and don't consider others.

Without patience we began to grumble and prejudgers(prejudice). We can and will glorify God when we have patience..

Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return?

We will lose sight of what Christ has delegated to us for today.

Patience teaches us to look forward to today, whatever may come (or not come).

Lacking the patience to eagerly expect Christ's return can result in complacence, a loss of desire for the hope that is built up in our hearts.

WE could be tempted to look at the temporary pleasures of life, that will

certainly draw us away from the rewards of faithfulness.

Patience is so vital because it helps us to persevere in our spiritual walk

wanting to please the Lord rather than give into the world's enticements.

Let's not be like the foolish virgins who had no oil for their lamps, and were

not ready for the sudden coming of the bridegroom.

We will become sluggish in our behaviour and Christian walk. Like the foolish virgins, we will become lazy and doze off and not be on our gaurd. Patience is required to wait for the coming of the Lord as his time table and ours do not match. Our thinking and His thinking do not match. His ways and our ways do not match. So we should not expect things on our plane but leave it to God. Jesus said, no one knows when the Father will come, not even Himself. Lets leave God's time table to Himself and concentrate on winning and preparing people for the coming of the Lord. :o

Q3. (5:7-8) What can happen to us Christians if we lack the

patience to eagerly expect Christ's return? Why is patience so

vital?

We should always be looking for his coming as if it is today. But since it has already been 2000 years it makes us wonder if he is ever going to come back. We sometimes get to busy to keep ourselve prepared, so we slack off and are not ready. When we need to keep watching and waiting at all times

Patience will keep us from making mistakes. If we look to him and and his word adn be prepared at all times wew on't be caught off guard when he does come. :rolleyes:

We are to watch an pray this is what the word tells us to do. We have to have patience in order to do this and to expect him to return for us soon. Each day we should wake up looking for his return for he said he will come in an hour that no man knows so with patience we wait for him to appear. Still we are eager to see him face to face and be with him forever.

Without patience we would give up and not be excited about his return. We are to wait for him like the next moment he will be here for us. We are to pray for him to return for us and we have to have patience in order to do that and know he is coming soon. Come Lord Jesus.

Look up your redemption draws nigh. Thank you Jesus. :wub:

We become lax when we don't expect Christ's return. The message isn't preached as it should be. If we knew He was returning tomorrow we'd get the message out to those we know and don't know to save as many as possible. We also don't know when our time is up. We could die tomorrow and for that reason also, we must strive to preach, by word and action, to everyone, everday. Patience for His return is vital because if we grow impatient and give up, many souls are affected and it is selfish on our part. Christ died for everyone (selfish-less or selflessness) and as Christ's representatives, we must patiently endure trials day-by-day, live selflessly day-by-day, preach and act His Word, day-by-day and hope day-by-day.

Q3

1. Impatients is soon followed by unbelief. Whenever I speak about the return of Jesus, I oftern hear "there will not be a return of Jesus. I've heard that all my life and He isn't here yet. Besides that old saying has been around for hundreds of years." This kind of talk comes from some people that claim to be a Christian.

2. Dr. Wilson speaks of an old spiritual on page 8 of this lesson that is has the words, "I shall not be, I shall not be moved." We Christians must stand strong in the promises of our Lord Jesus Christ. We know that some have the world view that Jesus is dead and burried. They will spend a lot of money and time to try to convince you.

For those who truly have their faith in and looking for the return of Jesus, will be rewarded.

When we lack the patience to await Christ's return, we cease doing the things that are necessary in our walk with God. It means that we start to doubt God's words and His promises. As Christians we can also throw others off and cause them too to begin to doubt the truth of God's words.

Patience is vital in our relationship with God and with one another. The christian life is characterised by patience.