JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q30. Faith-filled Elders

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The elders need to be persons of faith.

To have faith all persons need to have a pure heart and be living a holly life. Faith does not come from people it come from God. But it only come when the person is clean and holly.

The elders of the bible were mature Christians. This means that they would be living holly lives and there deeds would show that they have a pure heart.

The elected elders of the church of today, are there because they won a popularity contest. This is so wrong. We wonder why we don't see Gods power manifested in our churches. If we want to see a change all sinner need to repent and on their knees crawl to the cross and ask for forgiveness. Then start living Holly lives.

Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

The elders' role is of interceding. This is a wonderful ministry for the elders of the church. The elders are spiritually strong persons who have great spiritual maturity. Thier job is to lead from the front in faith. Thier spiritual qualifications are long walk with the Lord, strong faith in the Lord's abilities and discernment. Above all, they should possess the most important qualification of patience. That is, they should pray unceasingly. The Lord will answer according to His time. We should watch and pray without ceasing. :rolleyes:

The elder here is presbuteros not episkopoi, meaning an older brother, one who should be full of faith and the Holy Spirit. He should be mature in the faith and not a novice. Also he should be willing to "back up" his faith with actions, ie., prayer and fasting.

These elders are not necessaarily "ruling elders", but could be as well.

What is the elders role in prayer for the sick? What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

First they must pray and then annnoint with oil. This is from the Greek word aleipho which means rub with oil. I think it simply means God can heal with or without means but if He has given us means use them. But it's God who does the healing according to His will.

These must be mature people of the faith.

God Bless!

Jen

Numbers6:24-26

The elder meaning here is the spiritual guardianship of the church. The qualifications of elders are spelled out in the older and newer testaments. In Exodus 18 - Moses was instructed by his father-in-law to assign 70 judges to oversee the people. Moses just couldn't handle that many people, but the qualifications for these men were as follows:

19 Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: Be thou for the people to God-ward *, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God:

20 And thou shalt teach * them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do.

21 Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people

able men,

such as fear God,

men of truth,

hating covetousness;

and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens: 22 And let them judge the people at all seasons: and it shall be, that every great matter they shall bring unto thee, but every small matter they shall judge: so shall it be easier for thyself, and they shall bear the burden with thee.

They were the overseers of the congregations. So they would have naturally been concerned for their flocks and the spiritual and physical wellbeing. There are more qualifications listed in the New Covenant, but the key is that they fear God, are men of truth, hating covetousness - etc. They must also have faith that will rely on the power of God in the name of Jesus, to perform any of the miracles. The qualifications were that they must love God with all their heart soul and mind and love their neighbor as themselves. Spiritually atuned to HaShem!

2a.) (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

2a.) To pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord.

2b.) (5:14) What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

2b.) "An elder must be blameless, the husband of but one wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient." (Titus 1:6)

What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What

must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of

prayer?

first i spoke to an elder of my question. what i recieved for an answer was that as well as them helping you, you are also helping them in letting them help you.

as for what are the qualifications i say that they trully believe in Jesus Christ (GOD the Son)

Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

The elders are those with great faith, just because you are old in body does not make you wise in the Lord. You have to be a bold Christian that will stand up and believe that Jesus is going to heal the person that they are praying for. It takes more than words it take true faith that is not moveable to pray for the sick and them be healed. Jesus already did his part he said BY MY STRIPES YOU ARE HEALED. That means his part is done our faith is what will let this take place.

They expect God to heal they do not dough that he will heal others and themselves. They read and stand on the word of God they have faith to know he will heal when they do as the word says do and he will always meet you at that point of faith.

What is the elder's role in prayer for the sick? What must be their

spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

I believe the elder's role in prayer for the sick is to first call upon God

for wisdom in what the will of God for this person is. He must seek

the wisdom of God to know possibly the reason for this sickness.

Sometimes , sickness is a result of neglect of properly looking after

the body. God also may have allowed this sickness , to bring this

person to greater faith in the things of God, to bring him to a place

where he can discover the will of God for his life.

Having said this , however, the elder must be firm in his conviction,

that it is indeed the will of God that "we prosper and be in good health, even as our soul prospers".

Their spiritual qualification must be their own personal walk of God

in believing for healing for the sick, and not to doubt the healing

power of God.

Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

(Oops, I misunderstood the last question .. question 1 .. the initiator is the sick person.) The elders (mature believer's) role is lift up the faith of the one that is sick. I can sometimes feel my faith falling away, or shrinking .. to be around others that are strong in faith can cause me to become strong again in my own faith.

What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

To be bold prayermen. To go boldly before the throne of God and ask what must be asked. To KNOW God hears and has provided accordingly.

Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What

must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of

prayer?

Those that hae matured in the faith are to pray for those that are sick. Believing they are being healed. I believe the only qualifications is that they will pray in faith. Cause we already know its God's will for no man to be sick. A prayer of faith no doubting :rolleyes:

Q2. (5:14) What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

Well, they have to be a willing prayer warrior and be full of faith.

To be mature christians full of faith.

Q 2.

1. The role of the elders is to pray for the sick. Their faith in the healer, Jesus Christ gives them the power to lay hands on the sick and give the prayer of faith.

2. the qualifications of the elders to pray for the sick is their faith in Christ and His healing powers. Other words, the elder is to be mature and spiritual.

The elders' role is to pray over the sick person and in some circumstances anoit the sick person with oil all in the name of the Lord. For the prayer to be effective the elders must have faith. Their must love the Lord and believe He is able to cure the sick person.

What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick? What must be their spiritual qualifications for this ministry of prayer?

The elders' role is to lead the prayer for the sick. Their qualification is spiritual maturity in faith, strong faith really believing that their prayer is authentic and in accord with God's will so that whatever is asked is as good as done.

What is the elders' role in prayer for the sick?

They are to lead the congregation in prayer for the sick.

Elders must be mature Christians in the faith,have a bold faith expecting God to heal.

The elders role is to exercise their faith and ask God to heal the sick. They are to put their faith in the ability of God to heal, take God at His Word and pray for healing. According to James, they should be righteous and pray effectively. We are the righteousness in Christ and the elders should know their position in Christ. They should also be people who know how to communicate with God