JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God's Word (written and living - John 8) transforms our mind and equips us as His saints. When we believe, we will be transformed and we then are truly 'one' with and spiritually seated with Him at His banquet table.

God's transforming Word sets me Free (John 8) and elevates me above the powers of my flesh. Walking in His spirit is so peaceful and freeing. Being alive in Christ really means everything to me.

God's Grace allows me to sit with Him - in heaven? These words seem so matter of fact, yet it this is really an 'inconceivable' thought when you ponder it. Praying to our Abba Father, the Creator, Lord of Lords - only by God's Grace can these 'inconceivable' thoughts be true.

Through God's Grace and Mercy I have now been raised above the realms of Satan and human authority and am seated beside Christ. As before His Ascension, Jesus defeated Satan, there is no need for me to repeat His work while I remain at His side I can rest in the knowledge that for me and other believers Satan has no power over us. However, Satan does not give up easily, and many believer's are tricked into descending back to Satan's realm in the mistaken belief that they have to engage in battle with him, and it is here they face great danger. Paul attempts to warn us that as Satan has already been defeated on our behalf, then we are going to be called to work elsewhere, that it will not involve doing battle with Satan again. Those who attempt this are really declaring that what Christ has already done is not good enough, not complete. We are called to spread this 'good news' to others that are still trapped in Satan's realm, yes we may have to cast out demons from those current unbelievers, but Satan has no hold on us UNLESS we descend into his realm and GIVE him that power.

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"?

We are joint heirs with Jesus so we naturally would gain joint seating arrangements with Him as well. I know that this may seem silly because as my King, I find it kind of odd that I would be subject to Him as a servant but yet a joint heir. When Jesus shared with the Disciples how to pray He said, say it in this way,

Guest Tabatha

:) What does it mean to be seated with Christ in " the heavenly realms"?

It means we are together with Christ in the heavenly realms. We are alive in Christ. Spiritually we are conquers over our circumstances. He is always right beside us in our difficulities. We can sit down with Christ and fellowship with Him In the heavenlies. We can also fellowship with God in this heavenly realm

We are in Him and He is in us.

#2 God's Grace is more than forgiveness, God's grace gives us the necessary equipment to go forth in victory over the enemy in is his onslaught against us. If only we could get that concept into our spirit and out of our heads what a power house we would be for the kingdom of God.

# 3 We have that Spiritual authority in us, all we have to do is release it it boldly. We can put the enemy under our feet and stopm on him. We need to use the spoken word more and more against the enemy as Jesus did. We are alive in Christ not dead so there fore we ARE weapons against the devil. in stead of whining and complaining we need to stand our ground and smack the devil in the face with the word of God. Cast down those imaginations down in those hight place agains the demonic forces daily in our prayer time.

#4 It shoul affect us with excitement and joy knowing the power we have in Christ. It should give us a freedom to live in hope to the revelation of our inheritance. We have all the things in CHrist necessary to fight the enemy. We are equiped with His Spirit. That same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead has also given us life. Praise God. We need to pray like we mean it not with namby pamby words that the enemy laughs at. BOLDNESS is the answer.

:) What does it mean to be seated with Christ in " the heavenly realms"?

It means we are together with Christ in the heavenly realms. We are alive in Christ. Spiritually we are conquers over our circumstances. He is always right beside us in our difficulities. We can sit down with Christ and fellowship with Him In the heavenlies. We can also fellowship with God in this heavenly realm

We are in Him and He is in us.

#2 God's Grace is more than forgiveness, God's grace gives us the necessary equipment to go forth in victory over the enemy in his onslaught against us. If only we could get that concept into our spirit and out of our heads what a power house we would be for the kingdom of God.

# 3 We have that Spiritual authority in us, all we have to do is release it boldly. We can put the enemy under our feet and stomp on him. We need to use the spoken word more and more against the enemy as Jesus did. We are alive in Christ not dead so there fore we ARE weapons against the devil. in stead of whining and complaining we need to stand our ground and smack the devil in the face with the word of God. Cast down those imaginations in high place againts the demonic forces daily in our prayer time.

#4 It should affect us with excitement and joy knowing the power we have in Christ. It should give us a freedom to live in hope to the revelation of our inheritance. We have all the things in CHrist necessary to fight the enemy. We are equiped with His Spirit. That same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead has also given us life. Praise God. We need to pray like we mean it not with namby pamby words that the enemy laughs at. BOLDNESS is the answer.

The analogy of being completely clothed in a robe that covers the body from head-to-toe is helpful to me (but we'd have to imagine here that the power and will to function comes from the cloak and not the body!). Whatever that robe does, the body does. If it stretches, the body stretches; if it walks, the body walks; if it picks up a tool, the body picks up a tool; if it sits down, the body sits down. The real me, which is spirit, is cloaked in the righteousness of Christ, completely covered and enveloped in Him. He has finished the work of salvation and has taken His seat of victorious rest with the Father. As far as heaven is concerned, I am right there with Christ, wrapped in Him. The view is of the Lamb of God, not me. I move as He moves and I do what He does - in overcoming power and with authority!

[isn't it interesting that it's exactly the opposite on earth? Here, He dwells within me. The world sees me first, Christ second. As a vessel of His Spirit, His activities are basically limited to what I agree for them to be through me. And the work is urgent and unfinished here; it's not time to sit down and rest yet. Thank you, LORD, for the hope of my future in Christ!]

This position I now have demonstrates the astounding grace of God. I'm nothing but a rebellious sinner, unrighteous by nature. But because of the Father's great love shown through Christ's finished work of redemption, I've been covered in His holiness, recreated with new spiritual life, and restored to Yahweh. Because my spirit is alive in Him, I'm positioned in Him as He is above all other powers, authorities, and rulers on earth or in the heavenlies. On earth, as I yield more and more of myself to Him, it will be true in my experiences of life that "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4)! It is possible that I can live above any controlling power of my flesh, the world, or the devil. Spiritual power and authority dwell right within me. As I access them and equip myself with them through greater and greater faith, the Spirit will deliver more victory than I can imagine. I do not need to hesitate to confidently speak my heart to the Father and seek His heart for me. My prayer life should be bold and expectant when I pray from my position in Christ.

To seat us with Christ is to be seated with him above demonic and human authority. We are given power - when we understand it - to have authority over satan and defeat him again and again. God's grace elevates us to sons and daughters, sharing in the inheritance Jesus won for us through the sacrifice he endured for us. We should pray expecting results. We should ask expecting to receive. We should pray for those who do not believe that they might believe and receive the same grace that is offered to us, so that they may defeat satan, too.

To be seated with Christ means we are spiritually seated by Him in "The Heavenly Realm". We have been transformed through our faith in Christ and have been given power and authority over Satan and things of this world. We are more than conqueres in Christ Jesus.

Through God's grace, we are transformed daily and we can equip ourselves now to live Godly lives and impact the lives of others. We need to put on God's full coat of armor. We need to study our instruction booklet (the Bible) and commune with the Father daily and pray for revelation. We need to pray for God to reveal himself to us.

As Christians, we have authority over the demonic and worldly things. We have authority over Satan and his imps from hell. We are above Satan. He is under our feet. As Christians, we can rebuke Satan and rebuke the evilness in this world.

We need to pray for revelation from God. We need to boldly come into God's throne room with thanksgiving and beg for revelation. We need to have the blinders lifted from our eyes and heart. We need to have the scales lifed from our eyes and heart. We need to put into action what God has promised us in His Word. As I have mentioned in other questions, "As Christians, we can take authority over Satan and the evil things of this world. We have nothing to fear. We are covered with the precious Blood of Jesus." I thank God for the teachings I have received on spiritual warefare. I thank God for the boldness he has placed in me.

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"? What does this say about God's grace? What does this say about our spiritual authority? How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness?

Because of Christ's resurrection, we know that our body will also be raised from the dead and that we have been given the power to live as Christians now. These ideas are combined in Paul's image of sitting with Christ in "the heavenly realms". Our eternal life with Christ is certain because we are united in his powerful victory.

What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"? What does this say about God's grace? What does this say about our spiritual authority? How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness?

By His power we are seated with Him above the demonic attackes we face here on earth, above our own flesh by faith we rise above it all.

God's grace isn't just for getting saved but it is the staying power to keep us victorious from day to day going from Glory t Glory.

We have all the spiritual authority we need to overcome anything that life offers if we exercise it through Jesus Christ .

We should boldly pray and expect those prayers to be answer. We are the instuments that God uses in this world to accomplish his will and by trusting in Jesus Christ and using the power given us we can do all things through Christ when strengthens us.

We are joint heirs with the Lord. He looks at us as equals and as such He has extended to us His power and authority through the Holy Spirit. This, the Kingdom of God within, is our current place with Him in heavenly realms. He also represents us directly before that Father as our Mediator. Yes, we are well seated with Him in heaven. It is reserved for us wholly, for eternity.

God's grace is truly amazing. As the song says: "Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name?..." much less even consider me to be as His Son, who has been with Him since before time began. This is too wonderful for me to comprehend.

Jesus has given us authority over all things spiritual, especially the devil, whom we can resist at anytime and at all times. We can also exercise this power over our flesh and the world. We are only obligated to listen to the still small voice of the Holy Spirit and utilize this great gift to the fullest extent possible.

We have direct access to the Holiest of Holies and should approach this realm with boldness and confidence, knowing that the prayers of a righteous person avails much. In other words, we have a private line with the Creator of all things. Awesome!

We are seated WITH Christ! Wow! One day we will totally be with Him in body & Spirit! By His grace He has prepared the way for us to reign with Him; we are no longer alone He is in & with us. By His authority we can pray & expect answers.

There is no need to shrink away into the corner, we are empowered by God to do His Work with Him! We/I need to take note of that each day & expect Him to work in wonderful ways!!

Q4. (Ephesians 2:6) What does it mean that we are seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms"? What does this say about God's grace? What does this say about our spiritual authority? How should this knowledge affect our prayers and our boldness?

That He has raised us above the demonic realm of this world and we are under his protection and grace. We should pray as if we are filled with the Holly Spirit and we have God's protection all around us.

Being seated with Christ in "the heavenly realms" means that Christ has won and we are with him now and forever because his kingdom shall reign forever here in heaven and on earth. Through God's grace we have found grace. Because of his mercy he has given us grace, so we are no longer excluded but included as heirs in his kingdom. We have the authority to get rid of demons because we are alive in Christ.

It means that spiritually we are seated with Him in the heavenlies. We are here pysically but have been granted through the Father the power as Sons of God there by having the same powers as the real Son. In the heavenly life we will worship God and give Him thanks for this place H e has prepared for us.

It says that His grace is full of the love and mercy that only God can give. He has given us spiritual authority over the demons of the spiritual world, not necessarly those controlling the one here who don't have faith in Jesus or know Him as Lord. They are still under the power of satan and they can cause us problems in our physical bodies,but when Jesus comes to claim His own then we will be given power even over them.

It should give us more reasons to pray and more reasons to give thanks to the Father for His mercy. It should make our prayers bolder in what we ask knowing that God wants us to have what ever we ask in the name of Christ.

We have feet on this earth (Which could be why Jesus washed the disciples feet, and told them the rest was clean, only the feet needed washing) but the rest of us lives in the realm of Jesus Christ, in the new life that He gave us through His death and resurrection, in unity with Him and the Father and with our brothers and sisters in Christ. Our feet wear the shoes of the gospel of Peace, walking the earth and getting dusty. Hearts and heads are in Christ Jesus, with the mind of Christ, worshipping Him with heart, mind, soul and strength. We live in His very presence, and He is seated on the throne by His Father. Already, in every way, by accepting Him as Lord and Saviour, we have taken our stand with Him, and by the power of His Name we have all authority over every demon on this earth. We have only to ask Him how we are to proceed with anything, just as Jesus did when He was here. He did only what He saw His Father doing.

This is amazing grace towards sinners! This grace is incalculable, immeasurable. uncontainable. abundant, free, and indispensible to us for we would be dead without it! Yet it is there for the asking! Surely we must tell the world!

Our spiritual authority is complete for we have been given the Name of Jesus to use, and our Father places all things in subjection under His feet. In Him we have full dominion again, the same dominion that Adam gave away has been won back for us. It has become our birthright from the moment we were born again.

We will become watchful, because these gifts were not given us to neglect, but to use. Therefore we will seek opportunity to operate in the Spirit of Jesus, bold in our responsibility to serve those around us with our gifts, eager to demonstrate God's glory as we walk this dusty earth. Seeing that we must do as Jesus did, we will be in constant prayer that the Father show us exactly what He wants us to do. Like Him, we will retire to privacy with God to make a sure contact, and like Him we will look upon our fellow man with the greatest of love, and seek to speak truth and minister faith.

We can look back to Ephesians 1:3, where Paul said that God has 'blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ'. Now he says more specifically that our life has become to be there, enthroned with Christ. Philippians 3:20 tells us to that our citizenship is in heaven. Because of Christ's conquest of sin and death and by His exaltation, we are lifted "from the deepest hell to heaven itself" (Calvin)

This shows God's enormous grace to and for us and this grace is free for us and we need to share this with everyone.

Since our citizenship is in heaven, we are not under the limits imposed by the world, nor do we have to conform to its standards, as in Romans 12:2.

We should be praying for boldness to go out into this world, we do have the most powerful weapons in this spiritual battle; Prayer and God's Word.

Let us all go out and claim this world for God's Kingdom in boldness

Being seated with Christ in the "heavenly realms means that in Christ we have all the benefits of knowing God.We are blessed with every spiritual blessing..The heavenly realms means that these blessings are eternal not temporal.By the incomparable riches of the grace of God,we have been raised up to sit with Christ in glory.I would say through Jesus Christ we have spiritual authority against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.This is some deep stuff.With that kind of knowledge we should recognize the power of the Holy Spirit we have in us ,which God has invested in us,which enables us to have that spiritual authority.We speak out to the strong-holds and tear them down.Our prayers are powerful,and we are full of boldness to speak the word,here on earth and into the spiritual realms.I must be prayed up and know the word.Amen

The movie, "One Night with the King" is opening in theaters this coming Friday in selected theaters. The red carpet opening was celebrated last night on 10-10-06. If this movie is playing in a theater near you, please go see it and take everyone you know that is saved and those who you know are not. This movie is critical to our times now, because we are living right now in the same times and tribulations that Esther was facing then.

This movie will renew your faith and even if a friend or loved one has never read the story of Esther, they will get it and get it good!

Most everyone in three different theaters were coming to the potium and saying, They were pulled in from the very start of the film and didn't even leave to go to the bathroom because they couldn't tear themselves away.

Pastor Ralph, I sure hope you don't mind me using this lesson forum here for promotion but this movie is vital for such a time as this. I haven't even seen the movie yet because it isn't released until this Friday. I have only been waiting for three years.

We are seated with Christ in the heavenly realms means, to me, that the same way God raised is son Jesus from the grave and he ascended up to heaven, God will do the same for those that choose Christ as their savior; and we will all be together one day. This says that God's grace is sufficient for us to overcome anything that we may face here on earth. Our spirtual authority comes only from Christ, provided that we are obedient to him. This knowledge should affect our prayers and our boldness in that we have the right to claim the promises of our savior, and we should anticipate that our prayers will be answered according to Gods will, because he knows what is best for us as his children.

That we have been chosen to be seated next to God's heavenly throne! Think about that one. I know I for one am so humbled at that thought. Obviously it would have to be by Grace that we are saved. There is no way anyone could ever do enough to acquire authority from heaven. He has graciously chosen and given it to us. His grace is amazing, it's really no wonder most people don't understand it. If I do something nice for someone for no reason and ask for nothing in return that person will get that perplexed look of disbelief. We look at the Father through our worldly eyes, which tell us nothing is for free and no one gives you anything when you don't deserve it. I am learning through this Bible study to pray a lot differently. I'm am coming to Him clean, professing any sins, asking for forgiveness, knowing I have been forgiven, and then move onto expectation of answered prayer. I am trying to remember there is unimaginable power in prayer and that we have the power of heaven if we only ask.

It means that we are united with Him in His Powerful Victory.

Being seated in the heavenlies with Christ means that His actions are our actions. God's grace toward us is exceedingly great in that He has placed us INTO His son. Apparently our spiritual authority IS Christ's authority. What are we praying for? Is it Christ's agenda or our agenda?

When we say "in Jesus name", is it in Jesus name? If it is then we can pray in all boldness and authority and confidence of our Savior.

When the Lord Jesus was raised from the dead by God, having defeated death, He was seated at the right hand of God in the heavenly realms in an exalted position above all demonic and human authorities and powers. By accepting Him as our Saviour, we are united with Him, we are in him and He is in us. Hence we are therefore also seated with Him spiritually in the heavenly realms. I am exalted above all demonic and human authorities and powers. How exciting it sounds!

Amazing grace! It is humanly not comprehendible but true that by grace, I am highly exalted with my Lord in the heavenly realms.

Praise God, how powerful I am in the Lord even here on earth! Your power is my power Lord! Your authority is my authority dear Lord! My Lord, please help us to to remmber this amazing fact of grace all the time, I pray in Jesus Name, amen.

This outstanding revelation and knowledge should make our faith as solid as a rock when we pray (boldly) expecting answers without wavering.