JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q2. (Ephesians 4:26-27). Why did God give us the emotion of anger, do you think? How can anger be dangerous? How can we keep from sinning when we are angry? Is anger itself sin?

God gave us anger so that we do not allow injustic to go by without us displaying the right emotion towards it.

Anger says that you are displeased with something. Anger can be dangerous when it is not controlled and we allow it to cause us to sin or hurt someone. To avoid entering into sin when we are angry we must recognize the cause of the anger, deal with it and move on. Anger is not sin but it can cause one to sin.

Guest Tabatha

Q2. (Ephesians 4:26-27). Why did God give us the emotion of anger, do you think? How can anger be dangerous? How can we keep from sinning when we are angry? Is anger itself sin?

God gave us anger as an emotion against sin, such as a rightious anger to come against sin through prayer anf confrontation. If left alone it can be destructive. The Bible doesn't tell us that we shouldn't feel angry ,but it points out that it is important to handle our anger properly. If vented thoughtlessly, anger can hurt others and destroy relationships. If bottled up inside, it can cause us to become bitter and destroy us from within. Paul tells us to deal with our anger immediately by repentence. deal with it in a way that builds relationships rather than destroys them. If we nurse and rehearse our anger, we will give Satan an opportunity to divide us. Are you angry with someone right now? What can you do to resolve yuor difference? Don't let the day end before you begin to work on mending your relationship. Anger can so easily carry offense and it usually wants company.

Anger is not sin in it self but left unattended it can become sin. Anger can be spread by talking to others about your offense and can be picked up by those you get to agree with you regarding the problem. Best thing is to go to God in repentence and pray for forgiveness and then let it go. Ask God for healing of what caused the anger and to fill you with love and peace in the situation.

• 3 weeks later...

Anger is an emotion. Our heavenly Father got angry (the flood) and Jesus got angry (turned over the money changers table in the temple). Anger is a sin if we act on it and can be dangerous. Prayer is the key. We as true Christians are to have self-control.

• 2 weeks later...

Q2. (Ephesians 4:26-27). Why did God give us the emotion of anger, do you think? It is right to be angry at evil and the consequences of evil. It is right to despise evil. God gave anger as an emotion to represent in us, one more of His character traits. He is angry with how His creation has turned out and His anger will be released on all that is wicked and evil. We must not be vengeful towards anger but re-act in love and not let anger control us but to control the anger in us through the power of the Holy Spirit. Vengeance is His and He will repay evil for what evil has done.

How can anger be dangerous? Anger can be dangerous , especially to the Christian. We are good soil and in good soil, things grow very, very will and multiply much fruit. This is why we must deal quickly with all that is not of God that He brings to our attention. When we see something or the Holy Spirit reveals something to us that we must fight and attack, we must not quench the Holy Spirit and ignore it. We must pluck out that which is a bad seed before it takes root.

How can we keep from sinning when we are angry? Stop, Drop and Pray! When we are in a fire like situation, the fire men tell us to stop, drop and roll. Through the fire of the Holy Spirit, we need to do what is similar and crawl on our hands and knees and go through the fire in prayer so that we can be refined by His fire.

Is anger itself sin?

Exodus 32:19

And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount. :angry:

Exodus 32:22

And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief. :huh:

I think it depends on what we are angry about. God

Anger, llike fear, jealousy, envy, is a good capacity to have. It is necessary at times. A couple shoud be jealous of interference in their relationship, we should rightly fear a lion, or a horse's kick. We need envy for god has told us to envy (covet) the spiritual gifts We are to anger over injustice to the poor and take care of themand desire them. Anger is needed to correct injustice. However, misuse of these feeling can cause al sorts of troubles. Therefore we are to be strongly disciplined in the way we handle our emotions. This is definitely possible.

Anger and the other emotions are like horses. if they are broken in and tamed they are wonderful, powerful creatures which can be most valuable to us. Untamed, unbridled and saddled theyare frightfuly dangerous. They know all the tricks of the trae in getting rid of those who can't ride them. But what an asset if you can! Same with emotions. If you can't establish control over them you have a runaway on your hands and that is useless.

Anger is a tool, not a sin. It's misuse produces evil and is called sin..

Sometimes we just need to deal with a bad situation and meekness doesn't cut it. So the Lord, in His infinite wisdom, provided us with a catalyst, anger. When used rationally and by His Holy Spirit, anger allows you to deal with wrongs that hurt you or others that you might otherwise try to bury in your heart.

When used in a vicious or malevolent way anger will cause much hurt, often physically and mentally as well as spiritually.

For me the best way to control my anger to to think before I speak, inquiring of the Lord as to how and when to respond. T'ain't easy but it is worth the effort to prevent harm to a relationship, especially the one with Adonai, by sinning.

Anger is not sin but can become sin when it is out of control or fleshly.

I Think God gave us anger to see how honest we can serve Him. And also the Bible does not tell us that we shouldn't feel angry , but it points out that it is important to handle our anger properly. if vented thoughtlessly , anger can hurt others and destroy relationships. If bottled up inside , it can cause us to become bitter and destroy us from within. Paul tells us to deal with our anger immediately in a way that builds relationship rather than destroys them . If we nurse our anger we will give the devil an opportunity to divide us.

Anger is not sin

Anger came from God, it is not sin in itself.

We are made in the image of God, hence we have emotions (Love, Anger, etc). In the beginning man was in a perfect relationship with God - where our anger was not used and dealt with incorrectly. Since the Fall we must give our anger to God. Instead we let anger go unresolved - even overnight is enough to begin the bitterness process - which kills.

Unresolved anger is another victory for Satan. We must immediately forgive, we must immediately repent.

Everything that God made was good and very good. God gave us the emotion of anger to be used in a positive way. When we see injustice in the world, we can react in a control way to bring about justice. This is an area we need to be very careful about. Anger can be dangerous when it cause us to act in a very negative way and cause harm to others. When we recognize the symptons of anger, we can control it. We should recognize our anger for what it really is and control it. Anger in itself is not a sin, but if we don't do anything about it, it soon results in sin.

Let us all think before we react.

can anger be a sin? Well if thats the case then God would be a sinner by references- "to the flood"

-"Sodom and Gamorrah"- "Wrath to come"- "Jesus in the Temple". It's funny how many Christians trip over this. An easy way to understand it this way ,,,,What is somebody that doesn't get angry??? answer,,, an "Airhead".

Question1-a)I believe that God gave us the emotion of anger so that we can examine our own hearts and deal with the anger as quickly as possible.

B) Anger can be very dangerous if not dealth with quickly. Anger will give the devil a "foothold". We need to deal with anger quickly.

c)We can keep from sinning when we get angry by dealing with the anger and what caused it as quickly as possible.

d) Anger, itself, is not a sin but what we say or do is the sin.

From my own experiences, if we are in certain situations that we face daily...it would be most helpful to have a Prayer Warrior praying for you and the situation. Repenting and asking God's forgiveness. Dealing with the situation(s) immediately. Sometimes, it is best to walk away and not allow anger to even happen. Sometimes, if I see anger rising up, I begin to Praise God and give Him glory. I thank Him and then move on. I try very hard to forgive anyone who hurts me verbally. If I forgive others, then I sleep better at night.

Psalm 4: 4

Be angry [or stand in awe] and sin not; commune with your own hearts upon your beds and be silent[sorry for the things you say in your hearts] Amplified version.

Everything we have comes from God and anger is one of them. Our anger should be a righteous anger just as we see in our Lord, [Mark 3:5; John 2:13-17] but our anger should never lead to sin. The Christians must be sure that their anger is that of righteous indignation, and not just an expression of personal provocation or wounded pride.

Paul, knowing about human nature, added 'let not the sun go down upon your wrath', he remembered the rest of Psalm 4:4. Paul knew that such communing was impossible unless a man had set aside his anger before turning to his bed.

Anger is not a sin, it's what it can lead into if we do not curb it and keep a check on it.

So that we would led to fight injustice and bad behaivor. An emotion that can help us overcome our fear of doing what is right in a hurtful situation.

It only becomes dangerous when we allow it to take over our other emotions and reason. When we let is sit an become a fire on our insides that builds to aboiling point and then explodes, causing us to lose our self control.

By always being in control of our emotions including anger we can become stronger and by being filled with the Holy Spirit of God we have the power over our sinful nature. We are to us our reason and self control to help us over come any outward sign of anger. We must always allow God to show forth in our actions and this will also control our anger and keep in check our sinful nature.

Not all anger is sinful Jesus became angry when seeing the money changer in the temple, anger become sinful when it take on a life of it's own so to speak and becomes controlling over our very lives. When we give up self control to any emotion it leads to sin.

I believe that the emotion of anger can be valuable is used correctly. We should be angry when we see others that are homeless and starving. This anger should bring about action. Angry when we see people stuck in a hurricane with no way out, wondering where is the government in this time of crisis. Coming together as a people to send aid and relief when we see that it seems hopeless for others. This is an action that can and does bring about a promising result. Anger that is selfcentered is not a healthy emotion. Anger can be very dangerous when it does not produce a positive response. It can become damaging to others and to the one who is quick to anger without understanding fully the consequences of evil doings. We should be slow to anger. We can keep from sinning when we anger if we don't allow our hearts to become hardened and cold. We must pray and ask God for guidance. We must demonstrate patience followed with love and understanding. Our hearts should be up to kindness and not bitterness. Anger is not a sin in itself, the result of anger can be a sin. So be careful not to let the sun come down on your wrath or the anger in your heart which can guide one into a sinful deadly destructive path of living.

Anger is an emotion that God wanted us to get under control. He wanted us to learn to discipline ourselves. Without discipline our anger can turn to abusive, violent and be hurtful to others. It gives Satan a foothold. Once we've blurted these hurtful things out we can not take them back. All the more reason for discipline and self control. Think about pleasant things and don't say or do anything that you'd regret later. Anger is an emotion and in itself is not sin because it is God given, but left to ferment can become sin. Keep all anger in check, only when we act or react to it is it sin.

So that we could express our feelings toward things that are not right.

It is dangerous if you get so angry you lose control

Pray, before you react to what has made you angry

I am not sure I know why God gave us the emotion of anger.

Anger can be dangerous when any of the following happens:

1. When we do not cotrol our anger.

2. If our motive for the anger is wrong

3. When we allow our anger to linger for a long while.

etc.

We can keep ourself from sinning when we are angry by controlling ourselves so that we will not give Satan a foothold.

I believe that anger in itself is not sin. The Bible says that in our anger we should not sin by allowing our anger to linger till the sun goes down. This clearly shows that we can be angry (righteous anger) without sining by controlling ourselves and making sure our anger is righteous anger.

God gave us the emotion of anger to be able to stand up for what is right. Jesus used it when He condemned those deceitfully selling items outside of the temple.

Anger can be dangerous when it is not controlled and becomes sin. People have been killed because of someone's uncontrolled anger. It is opening a door to satan.

We can keep from sinning when angry by taking some time to think about why we're angry--usually it is somewhere where we did not get our way--things did not go how we wanted them to go. Sometimes fear leads us to anger. We need to recognize what is was that brought on the anger & deal with it. Pray about it. Make amends with the one who angered you. Get it all cleared up before you go to bed that night!

Anger itself is not a sin. It can, however, turn to sin at the next step--deciding what you are going to do with the anger.

I think that God gave us the emotion anger because we need to learn how to be able to handle it and not lose control.Anger can really blind a person and God needs to teach through the Word that when we are angry,we need to turn to Him so we can forgive the situation and the person.Anger can be dangerous because it can consume us and lead us to do something that we do not want to do,there are consequences if we do not control our anger.I think that there is good anger and bad anger,the bad anger i believe can be a sin because when we are angry we dont realize that we are hurting others and ourselves

• 2 weeks later...

I believe one of the reasons God gave us the emotion of anger is so that we would want to do something about the injustices in the world. He wants us to be angry enough at sin, we will stand for what is right.

Anger can be dangerous if it is allowed to get out of control. Many murders are committed by those who lost control of their anger.

In order to keep from sinning when we get angry, we need to get our anger under control and we need to bring it before God in prayer. We need to let Him know exactly why we are angry.

Anger itself is not a sin, however it can lead to sin if we allow it to get out of control or if we refuse to deal with it.

God has given us free will.and so that we could express our feelings toward things that are not right and have control over our emotions. anger can become dangerous when we do not put it in check, when we do not keep it in control. how can we keep from sinning when we are angry? What I do is walk away or start praying within myself, asking for God help and control. Anger is not a sin unless we let it get out of hand.

God has given us the emotion of anger to use when it comes to justice. We should get angry when injustice and sin prevails. We should get angry with the enemy when he comes to kill, steal and destroy the things that God has given us. Sometimes we have to get angry with the devil. Anger will cause us to move and to react but our anger should not lead to sin. We should ask God to help us deal with anger His way. We sin when we let our anger run us and we start hating people or allowing bitterness to set in our hearts.

• 3 weeks later...

God gave us the emotion of anger, because God wanted to show that in our old self we were unable to control anything included anger springing from the selfishness, and we were unable to accurately justify what is right and what is wrong anger. We need power springing from Holy Spirit to deal with anger.

Anger can be dangerous, that it can result in sin, if we do not carefully observe our motives of it and do not control and deal with it. If we do not carefully observe our motives of anger, it can have much more to do with self than with righteousness. If we do not control and deal with anger, it can become abusive, violent, and sinful so that it can hurt the people we love. If we do not control and deal with anger, it can turn into bitterness, which is anger buried, not openly dealt with and resolved quickly, which can result in psychological stresses and abnormalities. If we do not control and deal with anger, it can

• 5 weeks later...

Anger is an important emotion. It can drive us to correct injustices, to protect who needs protected, to give us needed physical strength through adrenalin.

It can also drive us to act without thinking first. Although anger itself is not sin, it can lead us to sin when we re-act rather than act (thinking it through first).