JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q53. Christ Our Husband

• 4 months later...

Q4. (Ephesians 5:32) In what sense is Christ our Husband as individuals? As a church? What are the implications of this for our lives? What does this say about Christ's responsibilities towards us?

Christ is our Husband as individuals in the sense that He is Head of the Church, and as individuals we are the Church. So that in our submission to Him we are trusting that He will take care of and provide for us in our daily living.

Husbands are head of the wives, Jesus Christ is the head of the husbands. Should show honor, love and respect to Jesus. Jesus has a head and he is Our Creator, God.

Guest Tabatha
Q4. (Ephesians 5:32) In what sense is Christ our Husband as individuals? As a church? What are the implications of this for our lives? What does this say about Christ's responsibilities towards us?

:rolleyes: Christ upholds His church, and affords her all the protection against her enemies, and all the powers of hell, that she needs.

Christ is often spoken of as the husband of the church. " thy Maker is thy husband, The Lord of Hosts is His name" " The church is spoken of as the Bride, The Lamb's wife " The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come" That is Christ and the church say "Come " In ( 2nd Cor.11:2 ) the apostle Paul says " For I am jealous over you with Godly jealously: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

Whatever concerns the church is just as much the interest of Christ, as if it was personally His own matter. As the Husband of the church, He is just as much pledged to do every thing that is needful to promote the interest of the church, as the husband is pledged to promote the welfare of His wife. As a faithful husband gives up his time. his labor,his talents, to promote the interests and happiness of his wife, so Jesus Christ gives himself up to promote the welfare of the church. Jesus Christ feels when His church has her reputation or her feelings injured. He declares that it were better a man had a mill-stone hanged about his neck and he were cast into the depths of the sea, than that he offend one of these little ones that believe in Him. He loved His church, and gave Himself for it. It is called the church of God, which He purchased with His own BLOOD, So Christ is pledged to protect His church from every foe. No weapon formed against the church has ever been allowed to prosper, or ever shall , Never will the Lord Jesus Christ so far forget His relation to the church as to leave His Bride unprotected.

Christ has here assumed the respossibility, not only for His church individually but also cooperately. Here then is set forth the great design of Christ in marrying the church

• 3 weeks later...

Christ is father to the fatherless and husband to the widow. He is my husband seeing that I am alone. He has most amazingly brought me help as I have needed it - with my car miraculously, and with my health by hearing my prayer and responding immediately! I can have no doubt that He is watching over me all the time, listening also. It is as if I had someone right here to ask for the help I need. Indeed I have!

As a church He also hears our prayers and ministers to our need, for our need is His need, seeing that we are one with Him. i think that when our prayers reflect the unity with Him, with His divine purpose, He responds fast. When we step out from that unity He is unable to be so responsive.

The implication of this is that we are to study unity with Him, to remain under his protection and in his care. If the bride steps out of the marriage and its culture, then the husband can no longer support her. So, if the church becomes out of alignment it does not receive the protection of the Master. Unity with Jesus is the key for the church.

Jesus seeks to keep all who are committed to Him as He did with the disciples excluding Judas. In speaking with the Father He stated that He had done this - been faithful to that duty. He is faithful at that same time He prayed for all of us who would laterbelieve in Him through the word of His disciples. He had us in mind right from the beginning and is committed to us. Praise Yeshua!

Jesus is our husband as Jehovah Jirah, our Provider. He is the Chief Shepherd of our family, keeping us together and watching over us at all times. He is love and shows us how to love one another. He is humble and teaches us to be humble. He is always available to us when needed and always ready to listen. These are wonderful qualities for any husband and church.

What all of this implies is a standard that the whole body of Christ must strive to apply to our lives. How wonderful this could be.

Our Lord wants to have complete dominion over us. We are His sheep and He is the Shepherd of the flock. As sheep are to the shepherd so ought we to be to Jesus.

Christ is our Husband in that- We are united to Christ in two ways -

1. By believing in His death ( the sacrifice of His flesh) and resurrection,

2. By devoting ourselves to living as He require , depending of His teaching for quidance and trusting in the Holy Spirit for Power.

The impliation is that we are to submit to Christ and be willing to follow His leadership.

Christ responsility towards us is that - He loved us so much to the point of dying for us and He can not leave us no matter what comes our ways.

Christ is our husband as individuals because we are to love & respect Him above all else.

As a church, he is our husband--the church is His bride. We are to love & respect Him by loving & respecting other members.

For our lives, we must think our submission to a husband as submitting to the Lord. It sometimes helps me to think I am not really doing this for my husband, really, I am doing it for the Lord. We also need to submit to others & love & respect others in the church body.

Christ leads us, loves us, empowers us, helps us because He really loves us--unconditionally. He is planning for the day when He takes us home as clean vessels totally submissive to Him.

We should be married and united as one in Christ. Living only for Him. Forsaking all others(idols,etc.) and keep our minds only on Him. When we do what we are suppose to do then God always does what He said He'd do if we but obeyed. We are His children and He will provide all we need. Now our wants are a different thing. Christ always makes a way when there seems ( to us) to be no way.

He has given us the same qualifications as Jesus, it is up to us to perfect these ways under His leadership of the Holy Spirit.

1) As individuals, we are to love and respect the husband as we do Christ.

2)As a church, we surrender to Christ as we surrender to the husband as the Head.

3)We will be taken care of by the husband the same as Christ cares for the church.

4)To love and care for the wife as one loves and cares for Christ the Church.

Christ is husband,caretaker,provider,savekkeper for the church as we are apart of the church then is Christ our husband,keeper,provider.

We are to be the wives in the relationship by loving Him with our whole heart mind and strength. We are to serve and give Him our loyalty and respect for what He does for us and be thankful at all times.

Christ will do as He said He would by taking care of us,providing for our needs and being their tos uport us when we are down, I can' think of all the time I get down and call out to God and He is always their lifting me and getting me going again. We must always remember that He alone is our rock and safe keeper. He is our shelter when times are hard as our shepard he alone can give us what we need to live each day in the presence of the Father and to give Hime His Glory ,Honour, and Praise.

Christ is our husband because He loves me, take care of me, provide for me. Jesus is the head of the Church, He is the husband and we are His bride. We she be submissive to Cfhrist in all that we do. Christ responsibilities towards us is to love us (which He does) care for us, provide and protect us.

Christ is our "Husband" because he is the Head of us as individuals and the Head of the church. He is the Bridegroom and we (the church) are his bride.

By having him as our husband we are living a life of truth, faith and belief. We dedicate our lives to the service of the Father. We put no one or no thing before him. We treat our spouses and others with that same type of love and respect that we show Jesus the husband.

Christ in returns shows us the ultimate love and devotion that a husband shows to his new bride. This never wears away and it never fades away and die, it grows stronger each and every day, because his love is the ultimate love. A love that is caring, a love that is special, kind, loving, it can be stern when needed to discipline, it supportive, it strong and powerful,etc.....

Here with the thought of the Church prepared as a bride for her marriage, and living as a wife in love and unity and loyalty with her husband, here is the beauty of the divine pattern and ideal for marriage. Paul strived and exhorted husbands and wives to work out that pattern in the stuff of daily living.

'I speak concerning Christ and the church'- they are made one together. The are made one together. The husband's position as head, and his duty of sacrificial love and devoted care for his wife are but pictures, imperfect, but the best this life can offer, of Christ as Head, and of His love, self sacrifice and concern for His Church. The dependance of the wife on her husband and her duty of submission are a picture of how the Church should live and act towards her divine Lord.

Christ is our Husband as individuals because He is our Head. We are to be submissive to Him.

Christ is Husband of the Church because we are His Bride.

The implications of this for our lives is, we are to be obedient to His leadership. We need to place ourselves under the Lord's care and protection.

Christ's responsibilities toward us are is that He is our protector and provider.

• 2 weeks later...

The times are evil and Paul wants us to live our lives so that we will ever be ready for Christ return. We must always be ready to use every opportunity to do good ie to let our light shine.

For us to be able to make use of every opportunity to good, we maust srrender our lives to the leading of the Lord who will enpower us.

Christ is our Husband as individuals in a sense that each of us is His wife. The implication of this is each of us must submit to him and therefore

Christ is the center of everything in our lives. He is the one that we must follow and submit to. Christ must be the center for everything in our church. We must follow and submit to His authority as a church. We are the body and He is the head. We must put Him first in everything and allow him to be Lord over everything in our life. Christ will take care of us. He said if we seek His kingdom first and all of His righteousness then everthing will be added unto us.

• 1 month later...

The principles which underlie our marriages, also underlie Christ and his church: love, honoring uniqueness, and celebrating unity. We all must voluntarily submit to Christ, whether or not we happen to like it at the time.

As noted in the lesson, "The principles which underlie our marriages, also underlie Christ and his church: love, honoring uniqueness, and celebrating unity. We all must voluntarily submit to Christ, whether or not we happen to like it at the time."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

by his responsibilities toward us. (2)i don't believe the church is the bride. i believe israel is his bride. i believe we are part of the bridegroom. and just as the bible says a man and woman will become one flesh, so will israel and his church.

• 4 months later...

Christ is our husband individually as we respect, admire and love Him. We willingly submit ourselves to Him individually as our leader and guide for life. The church as a body submits itself and its works to Him as gifts that we offer of ourselves out of love and respect for Him as the head of us all. He gives the church its guidance and meaning as a husband should give the wife guidance and meaning to her life.

We, as both individuals and as a church body, should be willing to give up everything and follow where Jesus leads us. Christ

• 5 months later...

Q4. (Ephesians 5:32) In what sense is Christ our Husband as individuals?

In the sense that he is our head.

As a church?

As a church we are the body and he is the head.

What are the implications of this for our lives?

The implications of this for our lives is that we must submit to him.

What does this say about Christ's responsibilities towards us?

Christ's responsibilities towards us is one that he provides, care for us.

• 1 year later...

standard of the husband's love is the love of christ for the church.the love o9f christ for the church can be described in one simple statement: christ gave himself for the church . christ loved the church so much that he gave himself and sacrificed himself totally gave all he was and had for ity. this isd the love the husband is to have for his wife.