JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q9. (1 Kings 2:12; Matthew 25:14-30) What “natural” talent(s) do you have? What are you good at in the natural world? How are you using these talents for God and his Kingdom? Have you identified any “spiritual” gifts? How are you using those? Have you found that your “natural” talents are related to your “spiritual” gifts? If so, describe how they relate to each other.

• 1 month later...

Q9. (1 Kings 2:12; Matthew 25:14-30)

What "natural" talent(s) do you have?

Work with my hands (practical).

What are you good at in the natural world?

Do gardening and wood work.

How are you using these talents for God and his Kingdom?

GOD's took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.

We have only one precious earth so we have to look after it.

Doing wood work, to create out of common something beautiful. 

Show people that GOD can use "common" to change someone in "something beautiful".

Have you identified any "spiritual" gifts? How are you using those?

Healing and teaching. 

Have you found that your "natural" talents are related to your "spiritual" gifts?

Yes.

If so, describe how they relate to each other.

In the natural my talent brings out the best out off the once in a terrible condition, now a fairy tale garden.

Same with the broken furniture restore it to original use.

In the spiritual to bring the best out of people and restore them to their full potential.  

Q9. (1 KINGS 2:12; MATTHEW 25:14-30) 
What "natural" talent(s) do you have? What are you good at in the natural world? How are you using these talents for God and His Kingdom? Have you identified any "spiritual" gifts? How are you using those? Have you found that your "natural" talents are related to your "spiritual" gifts? If so, describe how they relate to each other.
I would like to think I’m good at organising, at listening and giving advice, at numbers and mathematics, and at persevering. I hope to think that I have served our Lord well over all the years, having been on church councils, treasurer, and various other church duties. I only now realised that our talents have to be discovered, and developed so that they can be used to the glory of our Lord. But by now I have reached my sell-by date. However, if asked I’m more than willing to help. I spend most of my time now reading His Word and the many Christian books available. To me all good things come from heaven, and our natural and spiritual gifts come from our Heavenly Father. There is no distinction.