JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q6. Spiritual Worship

1. What does it mean that "God is spirit"?

God is THE Creator! He wasn't made or created by anyone or anything, but instead, HE is the Creator, the Giver of Life, who has full dominion and authority over all of His creation (which is everything)!!! On top of that, God isn't made up of matter, He is invisible to the naked eye, therefore, Him being spirit means that He is 100% omnipresent!!!

2. What does it mean to worship in spirit and in truth?

To worship in spirit and in truth means to worship God not in physical means, but in spiritual means through the Holy Spirit, and with true sincerity and genuineness. Worshipping in spirit and truth doesn't mean simply saying the words or doing the actions, but worshipping through the Holy Spirit and having our heart and focus set only on God!!!

3. Have you ever "gone through the motions" of worship without worshipping?

I have gone through the motions of worshipping many, many times. Lots of those times were when i was younger and found no interest in having a relationship with God and worshipping Him, but even now, if i don't feel like worshipping Him (which sadly i do) or if i'm very exhausted, i may worship Him without truly worshipping Him...

4. How can you worship in a way more pleasing to God?

i can worship God in a way that is much, much, more pleasing to Him by spending less time doing those things i think i HAVE to do, like HAVING to read this many chapters in the Bible and listening to this person and doing this and that, and instead, just focusing on God and worshipping Him!!!

THANK YOU FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Q6. (John 4:23-24)

What does it mean that "God is spirit"?

That is one of His attributes. He is not visible to the human eyes. But He is omnipresent. 

What does it mean to worship in spirit and in truth?

Being real. Worshiping with your all. 

Have you ever "gone through the motions" of worship without worshipping?

Yes it does happen. But if you mean 'business' with God, it does not last. Once you focus on Him, your surroundings move into oblivion and you become aware of Him, His greatness, awesomeness and love. 

How can you worship in a way more pleasing to God?

Be real. He knows what's going on inside of you anyway. You cannot hide anything from Him.