JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q4. Streams Within

Christ invites all to come and believe in Him.  Christ promises eternal life to the believers. CHRIST is the new temple in which Israel shall worship and will be the true source of real life for the world.  This was fulfilled at Pentecost after Christ was glorified.  It is characteristic of Apostle John insisting on the glorification (the crucifixion and exaltation) of Christ before the Spirit could be given.   Only by going to Calvary with Christ can the disciple acquire this life giving water-we take up our Crosses as true disciples.

I can testify to the graces of God in my life.   When my parents took me to church to get baptized and than being duly taught the Faith in school and at home---the streams of living water were given to me.    At my first Billy Graham Crusade as well in June 1970 !   The period of my college years-was given Christain formation.  Through out my secular career and being faithfull in the ministry, God has renewed me in the Holy Spirit.

• 9 months later...

Q4. (John 7:37-39)

In Jesus' teaching on streams of living water from within, whom does he invite to drink?

Anyone who is thirsty.

What does he promise to believers?

He promises that streams of living water (life-giving water) will flow from within him.  

How is this fulfilled at Pentecost rather than immediately after Jesus spoke it?

At Pentecost 'tongues of fire' rested on each one of them.

To what degree has this been fulfilled in your life?

When handing over control of my life to Him, He filled me with his Spirit. A deep longing to know Him more intimately and a desire to please Him in all that I do is still part and parcel of me. The more that I know Him the more I love Him.  He is my ALL in ALL