JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Hi, I'm Ralph Wilson, director of Joyful Heart Renewal Ministries and the JesusWalk Bible Study Series. I live in Central California where the Sierra Nevada foothills begin to rise. I'm glad you've signed up for this study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself. 

Hi my name is Barbara I live in NC. My goal is to understand the Bible. Try to become more like Jesus

I've already done the names of God, and found it very interesting now I'm on the 7 last words of Jesus.

Now I'm in the forum I hope if I have questions I may ask.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello... my name is Debbie and I reside in Arizona.  I am looking forward to studying the book of Daniel.  I want to draw closer to the Lord and I pray He draws closer to me.   :D Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. Proverbs 30:5.  God bless.

Hi, My name is Susan.  I have done other studies with JesusWalk and really enjoy them.  I'm looking forward to studying Daniel.  I live in Massachusetts.  I work with women recovering from addictions, wom en who have been exploited, pregnant and parenting teens, and am passionate about strengthening families.  I've been a Christian since I was a child and enjoy growing in faith.

My name is Harvey Dunn.  I was born and raised in Florida, USA.  Born in St. Petersburg, Fl, currently living in west central Florida (75 miles due west of Disney World).  I am a Navy veteran and served as associate pastor of a church in Inverness, Fl.  I am now retired, wonderfully married to my bride of 52 years, 5 children, 10 grandchildren, and 1 poodle.  My wife and I love to cruise and camp.  We belong to a vintage trailer club called Tin Can Tourist.  We have 3 vintage trailers; 2 Airstreams and a Williams Craft.  Love people and love the Lord.

Hi I live on the island of Trinidad part of the twin island state of Trinidad and Tobago in the southern Caribbean. I am retired and welcome this opportunity to deepen my knowledge of the Bible.

The first chapter of the Bible emphasizes the strategy of the conqueror Nebuchadnezzar and how God co-opted that strategy to work his will. So the conqueror took the best young men I.e. Those young men with outstanding physical and mental characteristics to indoctrinate them in the ways of the conqueror. Daniels group were able to resist the indoctrination by relying on Gods promises.

I was fortunate to live for a while in a foreign land that supported my faith ; the Caribbean island of Jamaica. There I was exposed to some truly great preachers and churches practicing good works. Thus my sojourn abroad encouraged me to do good works, study the Word and strengthened my faith and knowledge of the Lord.

We pray that we can continue in obedience to Gods word.

Hi, my name is Mutsa, Andrew Chawota. I am a member of the Anglican Church C.P.C.A. in the Diocese of Harare and I worship at St Mary's Parish Chitungwiza. I have found the online studies very convenient for me and cherish the opportunity to get a greater insight of the background and content of the scriptures. I have found this very useful when sharing the scripture with others, where one is not dependent on doctrine but what is actually stated in the Holy Book. From the studies I have undertaken I have come to understand the improtance of knowing what the scriptures teach or reveal in order to defend the position of Christ when the Adversary tempts. I could not resist taking up this current study though I have very limited time available to me. I know it has precious value for my spiritual development and for those I felowship with.

Hi, my name is John and I live in South-central Michigan. I am the pastor of Clarklake Community Church. I began using Pastor Ralph's studies quite a few years ago, even before I realized I was preparing for vocational ministry. I have found many of the studies valuable, both for myself and for classes I've lead. It's part of our Christian duty to continue to study and deepen our understanding of and relationship with our Lord. Many thanks to Pastor Ralph for his accessible and insightful studies.

Hi, my name is Janet and I started studying the bible 2 1/2 years ago. I wanted to know what the bible really said. I grew up in church and was baptized when I was ten, so I have always had God in my life. I felt pulled to read the bible for myself. I continue to thirst for everything that is in God's word. I am looking forward to studying the book of Daniel.

Hello!  My name is Melissa and I reside in Southern California.  I work full-time and have two young children.  This is my first time with an online Bible study however I anticipate this will work very well with my schedule!  I am eager to learn more about the book of Daniel; as our church has been studying the book of Revelation it has raised a number of questions for me on Daniel specifically.

hell my name is Michael Thompson and I live in the suburbs of our nation's capital in Mitchellville, MD.  I have not participated in one of Dr. Wilson's bible studies in 4 or 5 years but have always found them enriching.  I am looking forward to deepening my relationship with the Lord thru this study on the book of Daniel.

Hello all!

My name is Andrea. I am a homeschooling mother to 6 amazing kids. I live in the beautiful mountains of San Bernardino in the small town of Running Springs. I have been a Christian since i was 4 years old. I signed up for this study for a couple of reasons, one of them being that i am desperately trying to get back on track with my relationship with God and take him off the shelf that i have put him on for so long now. Another reason is that Daniel has also been my "hero" in the Bible, so i look forward to learning and studying more about him! I look forward to talking and studying with more of you while we do this study togther.   :)