JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

3. House

Pastor Ralph

Day 3 Meditation (Psalm 122).

Why do people desert the house of God in our day? Why do so many Christians believe they can mature in Christ without the help of Christ's people? How can you pray for the peace of God’s house? What can you do to “seek the good” of God’s house?

It's simple, people stop believing in him, in his promise. We as humans and sinners always look for our satisfactions, our wants, our desires,only thinking about us. Satan has been really busy, and people are in pain and honestly don't know where to turn to. Too many religion, makes people confuse, and nowadays, so many hypocrisy in the house of the Father that some just don't feel comfortable going. (personal experience) I can't understand anyone thinking that they can mature in Christ without his help, that's just ignorance. If you don't look for the help of the father, and his guidance, I'm sorry to say, and this is my opinion, He won't be there. To me, the Father's house is everywhere. You can worship YHWH anywhere. He is in all of us and he is with us. We can't put a limit where the Father's house is, he created all and all of us. He's everywhere we allow him to enter. We make the choice. 

Thank you for your attention and many blessings to all. may the Father be with you all.

• 1 year later...

People have deserted the church for several reasons. Some have been hurt by the church, disagree with the church's stance on contemporary cultural hot button issues, such as gay marriage and abortion, find it antiquated, boring, irrelevant, oppressive. Our culture has been desensitized. We haven't taught our children, moms and dads working and letting television and music industry and gaming raise the kids.

People feel they can go it alone without church fellowship because a spirit of independence, indifference, jealousy, offense has estranged Christians one from another. Every has their pet doctrines that makes it more difficult to find unity. Pride is the biggest issue.

It's important to pray for the peace of Jerusalem because that is God's heart. These are His chosen people. My entire lifetime, Jerusalem has been in turmoil and controversy. Peace is a part of the name of this city. I need to decree Shalom.

Seeking the good of God's house is fellowship, harmony, no backbiting and slander, support financially, prayer.