JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Forgiveness

Pastor Ralph

Q3. (Exodus 34:7) What sins will Yahweh forgive those who repent? How might the sin of rebellion find its way into a believer’s life? Why doesn’t God forgive those who refuse to repent and surrender to him?

Praise God!!! He forgives ALL our sins. Psalm 103:1-3a, " Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins,"

Rebellion enters into our life in so many ways.  First it is there from the start! (Genesis 3) Then if we have unrepented sin, or we entertain thoughts that are opposed to our HOLY Lord, or if He asks us to do something and we do not want to do it.

Why doesn’t God forgive those who refuse to repent and surrender to him? This reminds me of Jesus' teaching in Matthew 6:12 -- we are forgiven as we forgive.  Rebellion in our hearts limits God because He gave us free will.  We choose.