JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Lost Sheep and Lost Coin

The parable about the lost sheep and lost coin teach the disciples that God loves the purpose and call he has placed over your life so much so that he will drop everything in order to try and get the lost follower back on track. This makes perfect sense to me because many times when you are lost you are spiritually dead and I believe this showed the disciples God's perspective which is completely opposite of our natural one. This viewpoint is completely opposite to that of the pharisees as they believe only those that remain in the herd or flock are worthy of the love of God because of their acts unto God. I believe we as disciples of Christ should implement this in our own communities mainly by primarily first interacting with our members of our community and getting to know them. During this phase usually you get to understand why someone feels the way they feel as well as understand what they have experienced that got them to the point they are now. I believe this is an extremely important step that many of us believers miss as we are so focused on trying to reach the people we do not hear them and connect with them. I have learned over the years with my walk with Christ, Christ is the one who wins the people we are operating at our best when we are preparing the right environment for him to be introduced. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q1. (Luke 15:1-10) What do the Parables of the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin teach disciples about God’s heart?

It teaches us that Gods love, forgiveness and cares for all people. Not just the saved but the unsaved as well, he desires for all to be saved.

In what way do these parables represent a contrast to the murmuring of the Pharisees? 

‘It shows that everyone is equal and deserves to be saved. Not just those with religious knowledge or the rich like the Pharisees believe.

How should a disciple implement Jesus’ value of seeking the lost in his or her own community? 
Seek out the lost amongst or family and friends and encourage them to attend church with you. Tell them about the amazing God we serve, speak to the stranger who may seem to be having a bad day. 

• 3 months later...

Jesus doesn't want anyone to parish, not even one. So his focus,i.e. Heart is on the lost. The people who don't know him even the people who hate His name and say vile things about Him. Which shows me the depth of His love for His creation.

The Pharisees,in my view, are the opposite. Poor people, the ones that were looked down upon and didn't fit in their view of righteousness were considered beneath them. Thank God He included us gentiles in His plan for Salvation 

We are to show His love to all peoples especially the lost and non-believers