JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q11. Wise and Foolish Builders

Q11. (Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 6:47-49) Why does Jesus focus the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders on “putting into practice” rather than in “believing”? How can you help young Christians move from believing to true discipleship?

Jesus focus on putting into practice rather than believing is because by putting into practice his teaches it becomes easier to follow Christ.  You have a strong foundation.  I can help young Christians become true discipleship by my actions and to let my life be an example to true discipleship.

Q11. (Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 6:47-49) Why does Jesus focus the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders on "putting into practice" rather than in "believing"? There is a great gulf between believe that I heard of a promise and the experience that one has lived out the reciept of the promise. The level of trust is far far greater when you have lived it.

How can you help young Christians move from believing to true discipleship? Guide them step by step from milk teaching to meat teaching. Walking out the steps from hearer to practicing student, to skilled practitioner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Q11. (Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 6:47-49) Why does Jesus focus the Parable of the Wise and Foolish Builders on “putting into practice” rather than in “believing”?  

Jesus wanted to make it known that you can just be a hearer of the word, you must actually apply the word to your life. That builds a strong foundation, when your life reflects what you say you believe and stand on.

How can you help young Christians move from believing to true discipleship?

I can share with them how Jesus has changed my life by sharing my testimony with them.