JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

The first two verses make know that the earth is the Lord's and all who dwell here. He requires of us clean hands, and to be pure in heart, not to be worshipping an idol or not to swear deceitfully. He is our warrior King, King of the armies. Watching what is happening in our world and seeing prophecy fulfilled it makes me want to shout hallelujah I worship a warrior King!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

Because " the Earth is the Lord's and everything that is in it" this then establishes the right of God as king. He is the ruler and the Creator off the universe and those humans who do not recognize this fact stand in the danger of being chastised for this lack of acknowledgement of the right of God as king.

The requirements of God to be associated in his kingdom and do be part of his team, to be in an eternal relationship with God are those quoted in versus 3-6- one must have clean hands and the pure heart, one who does not worship idols or swears falsely to other idols. These are things that God sees as being contray to his law and contray to His eternal principles.

God has the glory and to God the glory should be given. In the past he has being considered to be a great warrior by the people of Israel. For he is strong and mighty in battle. A certain portion of God's glory comes from the Deeds of the past where he has supported the people, in The Exodus and in the exile God his support of his people and for this he is worshipped and given the glory.   Jesus the Messiah in his declaration in Nazareth has showing us the things that he was to do to receive the glory of God. Jesus was to proclaim the good news to the poor, Liberty to the captives and the recovery of sight to the blind. As well he was too set at Liberty those who are oppressed and to proclaim the Lord's favor. ( Luke 4. 18- 20).

In our modern society where  rational thinking and rationalism is considered so vitally important it is very hard, at times, to give God the appropriate the glory that he deserves. Our individualism so often it gets in the way and we put our individualism ahead of our church the community. We seem to forget the importance of community, the importance by Jesus and Paul and the fathers of the church placed upon the community itself. By turning to our individualism we separate and crack the connections that exist in the community make it vital and fruitful. We cannot work alone, we must work in community for Christianity is community and when we practice Christianity we practice Christian Living. For we are told buy Jesus in the great commandment to love our neighbor as ourselves. The Apostle John in his letter writes that if we do not love our brother or sister then it is impossible to love God.

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

Because the Earth is the Lord this establishes his right to the king, for he his name the heavens and earth and all that is therein.

The one who may live with call God on his glorious Hill are those who:

who has clean hands and a pure heart, 
who does not lift up his soul to an idol 
or swear by what is false. 

we all received salvation by the grace all the Lord to Jesus Christ his only son and that means that we are to try to have clean hands and a pure heart and not leather our souls   be stolen by false idols. 

• 1 year later...

Q4. (Psalm 24) How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King? What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King? What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King? How does this psalm speak to you in your situation 

Verses 1 and 2 clearly state that everything in the world including creation and humans are the Lord's.  He formed it, founded it, and made it so it basically belongs to Him. There is no doubt that it should be His. Everything he created from nothing is His because he formed it and made it. So we shouldn't doubt His ownership of us either.  

The king is to holy and pure is all his dealings. He can't be dishonest in any way. He has to have integrity when he deals with people in all areas of his life. He can't take a false oath or break promises with people. 

The king of glory is the God of the Hosts who is Christ the Lord. It means that He is the God we should be worshipping with all our strength, hearts and minds. 

It speaks to my situation by telling me that Christ has not abandoned me and He is still here and He still cares for me.

In verses one and 2 the psalmist tells us that the earth is the Lord's and everything in it. He tells us that He created all the people. God founded and established it.

In verses 3-6 the psalmist says that only people who are true and faithful and moral can be followers of the one true God. God demands or requires utter loyalty.

In verses 7-10 it says that God is worthy to be praised. He is honorable and worthy of our respect. He is holy, glorious and full of splendor. no one can look at Him since His light is so bright. He alone is mighty and our warrior king and deserves all of our praise.

This psalm tells me that God is capable of handling anything. Because He is the almighty warrior king who defeated death, hell, and the grave. He is the Lord of hosts and no one can stand against Him. And He is on my side and ready to do battle for me. I must trust in Him and believe He will come through.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Verses 1 and 2 speaks that the earth is the Lord’s as He has created it.

The requirements of the King is to maintain moral and ethical purity both inwardly and outwardly. This constitutes loyalty to the King of kings.

Glory in Hebrew is kabod which stands for weightiness or heaviness. God who is glorious is worthy of honor and respect, is coming in. He is the King of glory. Glory surrounds Him. So the gates of the City of God has to open wide for the glorious King.

When the King comes in my situation will change. He is the Lord of Hosts, the warrior King who is always victorious.

• 4 years later...

1. God is King because He created everything under Him. We are His vassals.

2. The vassal who is able to approach the King is morally pure and undefiled from idol worship. That vassal will be blessed by God as well as vindicated.

3. This long passage about God's glory metaphorically compares our approach to God with the approach of a king to a city.  As a king is revered and respected, he is admitted to the city as the King of Glory.

4. I'm not sure this comment is as close to the text as Pastor Ralph would like, but I was quickened to the statement that His loyal followers would be blessed and that the definition of blessing in this lesson is being  "endued with power for success, prosperity, fecundity and longevity." I feel as I am a loyal follower of God -- not perfect but loyal -- and hope to be blessed in this manner (sans fecundity!)

• 3 weeks later...

Q4. (Psalm 24)

How do verses 1-2 establish the Lord's right as King?

• Verses 1-2 is evidence of truth that all earth/the whole world belongs to God because He founded earth and established it at His spoken command (Genesis 1)

What do verses 3-6 tell us about the requirements of the King?

• To be pure in heart, serving God only with clean hands free from works of evil because God's throne is established in righteousness (Psalm 89:14).

What do verses 7-10 tell us about the glory of the King?

• That the Lord God is King and that His glory longs to dwell in us but can only do so if we choose to walk uprightly in heart, surrendering complete trust and hope in Him.

How does this psalm speak to you in your situation?

• To lift up my head having changed my thinking about the onset of the situation, knowing that God's glory in my life conquers all darkness poised against me, to birth wisdom, character and miracles.