JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the 2 Corinthians Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

• 1 month later...

Hi Dotty here:

I love to study with Dr. Wilson. I have learned a lot through these studies.

Guess you're maybe wondering what my screen name means LOL Sassy was my cat; blue is my favorite color and eight is the number for New Beginnings in the bible and I had a New Beginning 35 years ago when I was born from above by the power of the Holy Spirit. I have had my ups and downs all these years but have grown in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus is my Rock and my salvation and His banner over me is love that's for sure. I love God's Word and love to read it and study it! I love my brothers and sisters in Christ and I am looking forward to all your comments and insights. Praise the Lord and God bless you all.

Hi everyone, I'm Linda.

It's been a while since I've participated in one of these studies and my life experiences show it. Having learned my lesson in thinking that I can "do it alone", I'm back to learn and grow and allow Christ to be the center of my life.

I'm looking forward to this study and getting to know all of you.

I'm happy to be here and am planning (not just hoping) to keep up with the study.

This is the first study I've done where everyone is on the same week of the study. Another I did just started when I signed up and so few were on the same schedule.

Hello everyone! I've taken a few of these Joyful Heart studies and always learn a lot. I very much enjoy reading other people's insights and thoughts from around the world.

I live in Mississippi, USA, just over the Tennessee state line. My town is essentially a suburb of Memphis.

I look forward to meeting and learning with you all.

Hi, my name is Sue. I've taken another Bible Study - Hebrews a long time ago, but never tried the forum. So - ill give it a try for this study of 2 Corinthians. I am a new "empty nester" as my only child has gone off to college. I live in one of the Western suburbs of Chicago and currently work at WalMart, although I would love to find a professional job in the church. I'm looking forward to this study and to interacting with you.

In Christ,

Suefly

Hello,

My name is Laura Traas and this is my second Bible Study of the Jesus Walk Series (Kingdom of God was my first)

I co-lead adult discussion along with my pastor at the church and I am a firm believer that if I expect people to grow in faith that I must continue to grow as well.

This will be my first time on a discussion forum, so it should be interesting

Blessings to all

Laura

Hello, My name is Niesha. This is my first Bible study and Forum. I'm so looking forward to learning about my LORD even more. There is always areas to grow in the LORD. GOD is Awesome and it is a blessing to be sharing it with everyone. Im from Queens Ny but currently living with my sister in Alexandria VA. Im going thru but Im confident that my LORD will bring me thru.

Be bless!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Cathy and this is the first time I've done a Bible study on line. I'm looking forward to learning a lot in a different way using the internet instead of a traditional in person bible study. It's fun to try new ways! I have been a dedicated Christian for over 30 years; I love the Lord!! I have studied the Bible diligently for several years and have read through the complete Bible once. I love learning!! I am from Rocklin, California which is a stone's throw away from Pastor Wilson's home town! I look forward to the forum.

Hello, my name is Chelsie and this will be my first online study. Looking forward to discussions and learning in Christ as we go through the questions!

Hello, I am Susan, and live in Melbourne, Australia. Like some others, this is the first time I have been actively involved in these studies and forum (did enrol once but did not follow through). It is good to meet others who love to study God's word. My prayer is that this wil help me grow in God's love. Looking forward to getting to know you. Blessings, Susan

Hi brothers and sisters,

I am John from the Denver Colorado USA area - I am praying for employment to support my loving family and I am often reading and studying our Bible, which does bring me comfort, as we shall study.

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to another outstanding Bible study that Dr. Ralph Wilson, has put together, it will have to be good to beat Moses, the Reluctant Leader. I got so much out of that study and used most of the info, when I taught about Moses in our Sunday School Class. I am grateful to Dr. Wilson for providing us with this study. I bought the e-book edition from amazon and I really love it. God Bless everyone and I am looking forward to our study.

Maranatha;

Brother Mike McCue

Hello Everyone, Great to God for the Opportunity to have to participate in these studies on 2 Corinthians. My name is Akin Olatidoye of Hephzibah Christian Research from Nigeria. The goal of Hephzibah Chrisitian Research is to learn to live a life that pleases and delights God. On this study, I hope to learn truths that unravel insights on pleasing and delighting God. Thanks.

Hi everyone , My name is Jwalane, from South Africa, i am so glad that now i can share the word of God with my brothers and sisters around the world i am so exited. May our Father through the power of our Lord Jesus Christ give us deep understanding as we grow in His word so that we may be completely filled with God.

Dear Friend,

Welcome to the online Bible study forum for the 2 Corinthians Bible study.

It's exciting to meet other people who are involved in this Bible study. Why don't you check in and share a bit about yourself, and what state and country you are from. Please do NOT include your e-mail address. Be discrete about sharing private things about yourself.

Yours in Christ,

Pastor Ralph

Dr. Ralph Good morning. Here are my answers to those questions in the first lesson.

Q1. (2 Corinthians 1:3-7) What kind of comfort do you receive from your faith in God? From your personal daily relationship with God? How might you share the blessing of this kind of comfort with a friend or relative who is currently suffering? What words of comfort can you bring to others?

Answer: In 1978, my dad passed away. He was a very important man in our community and loved and well known person. And even today, I still miss him. On that particular day, my feelings were very puzzled. Why did God allow such thing to happened? But after studying the Bible and gaining knowledge of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, it dawn on me that we were at fault first. Because of HIS love for us, GOD sents His only begotten son to take our place: when we believe and accept HIM 100% to be our LORD and SAVIOR. I am very comforted in the fact that GOD is always there. He never leaves us. It is comforting to know that when we accept Christ to be our LORD and SAVIOR, we will soon meet up with him and be with HIM in his holy and wonderful place called Heaven.

Q2. (2 Corinthians 1:9-10) How does facing a harrowing crisis help us grow in the Lord? How has a crisis helped your spiritual life? What is the value of learning not to rely on ourselves? What does this do to our pride? How does this improve our effectiveness as God’s servants?

Answer: At times, we feel guilty when we give up easily especially when we know and understand that what we say or do is right. But because you are the oldest and you have to always look out for the welfare of those younger one’s even if it meant doing what you don’t want to do. However, God wants us to have an humble heart. I remember the day I receive my traditional title, I thought I was at the top of the world for being one of the traditional leaders. My pride was that you have to address me with respect and honor; however, I forget that all these were given from God. When my brothers and sisters talk to me, I needed them to be really formal in addressing my title. Little I know that this title is supposed to be giving more and not receive. So with an humble heart, you can go a long way.

Q3. (2 Corinthians 1:10-11) Why does Paul ask people to pray for him? How do the prayers of others have an effect? What happened in your life that has helped you enter into a ministry of intercessory prayer?

Answer: Each and everyone of us has our weaknesses and we cannot stand up alone because we always needs GOD by our side like Paul. So by petitioning and asking people to pray for us can really give us a boost or encouragement on our faith. Prayers of others really does have an effect on a person and the way they perform. Every Sunday at our church, we do “Pastor prayer time” where the Reverend praying would do a prayer of forgiveness and also a prayer of petition to ask GOD to continue to show HIS protection and care for HIS people, and to be with everyone eventhough they did not attend church services that day and time of the service. He prays for everyone’s safety: each and every member of the church.

Thank you.

My name is Joe and I am a sinner saved by the propitiatious blood of Jesus Christ in whom I wish to abide at all times. To accomplish my quest, I must continually seek Him and learn all I can about Him and share Him with all that will listen. This is my first JesusWalk course. I am looking forward to it and discussion with each of you. May we all draw closer in His body!

Hi Everyone! I am very excited to try out my first bible study on this site. I have done one other online study about a year ago on another site and really enjoyed it. I am hoping that by joining the forum it will be easier to stick with the bible study. I just wish I had jumped in right at the beginning. Can't wait to see what God has in store for me to learn. :)

Hello everybody,

This is my 4th bible study with Dr Ralph, but the first time I'll be participating on the forum. The studies have been very enriching and I've enjoyed them immensely and learnt a whole lot. Reading the insights and perspectives of others on the forum has been a big part of that, so I decided it was high time I made a contribution as well, rather than just receiving.

I'm really happy to be here and looking forward to this. Cheers.