JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q3. Worshiping Freely

:wub: It tell us that God is daivid all.that dancing is alright before God,

jis psalms is to be sun out loud,It don't matters want other think only

what God think,I us to worry about praise God in front of people

now I am praising God for all the blessing he have bought to

me so I don't worry about people looking at me praising God.

• 3 weeks later...

(2 Samuel 6:14, 22)

How would you describe David’s approach to worship?

"I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes...." (2 Samuel 6:22)

What does his dancing here teach us? Don't be concerned with what other people think, especially in church; follow your heart because the Holy Spirit talks to it all the time

What do we learn about praise from the psalms he wrote?

It would be good to mimic David in his worship, until we can fee we have our own mode of 'letting go" and expressing passion out loud and also silently. Singing the Psalms seems like an excellent idea.

Worshiping in spirit and in truth is important; this is what God wants and expects for those of us who know even a little about Him; He is so magnificent, indescribable, the most Holy of the Holy, perfection to a level not understood by man.

We need to seek and follow David's advice, and embarrass ourselves in public worship events, to the Glory of God. Reckless abandon, the heart of a child In the most beautiful voice we have, the best movements of our bodies. We need to feel we've done our best it each act to worship him, and to help as many as possible.

• 2 months later...

3a)David gives praise to God from the heart,in excubrant joy when dancing,holding nothing back, giving his all,not put off by others around,knowing that it was his personal praise for God first&foremost.

b)The dancing teaches me to let nothing in me or around me hinder my passion for the Lord to be expressed to Him in praise.

c)The psalms are honesty praise, teach us sing out/express our personal praise to God without fear in celebration of who he is&what he has done for us,focussing solely on Him,expressing joys&sorrows what ever we feel,from the will glorify God.It was&is all about God.

d)I try not to be concerned about others,except when they need assistance themselves e.g large print words.

e)God through Holy Spirit enables me to follow His Word more closely,be expectant&listen for his guiding prompts&respond more readily.I’m seeking to speak&live in a way that honours the Lord.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

How would you describe David's approach to worship? What does his dancing here teach us? What do we learn about praise from the psalms he wrote? Does what others might think affect your ability to worship? How has God been working in your life to teach you to worship him in spirit and in truth?

David is a passionate and expressive man who desires to love and worship God with his whole being, as exemplified in this chapter. The psalms that David wrote were a wide variety of honest emotions that encourage us to be intimate in our expressions to God. That's how we deepen our love for Him. It's good to look inwardly in how we best worship God, corporately and individually, and then make sure we are taking time to do that.

• 2 years later...

Q3. (2 Samuel 6:14, 22) How would you describe David’s approach to worship? What does his dancing here teach us? What do we learn about praise from the psalms he wrote? Does what others might think affect your ability to worship? How has God been working in your life to teach you to worship him in spirit and in truth?

David is an extrovert when it comes to worship.

Dancing before the ark indicates to us that we should be somewhat extroverted  in our worship.

We learn that we should worship God with all our heart, our minds and our souls.

I have been led to take these courses by dr. Ralph.

• 6 years later...

He composed the Psalms which were used in worship by the Israelites. He showed respect to the prophets of Yahweh/ listened to their messages. He wanted to build a temple for God/made preparations for its construction. When he made mistakes, he asked for Yahweh’s forgiveness/repented. He sought for God’s guidance in whatever he wanted to do

It was a day of rejoicing as David “and all Israel were bringing up the ark of the Lord with shouts and the sound of trumpets” . David had set aside his royal robes and was “wearing a linen ephod” —a clear indication that he was not naked.

A way to praise the Lord

To praise the Lord

• 3 weeks later...

Q3. (2 Samuel 6:14, 22)

How would you describe David's approach to worship?

What does his dancing here teach us?

What do we learn about praise from the psalms he wrote?

Does what others might think affect your ability to worship? No.  I know that  inside me I still lift my hands in worship to Him and sing with reckless abandon and twirl and move as a young person can and would probably stun the frozen, but I am not able to anymore.  Also I think one needs to respect what others take to be 'orderly' when being with them. If one is uncomfortable with that then I guess one is free to worship elsewhere.  God sees the hearts of the so called frozen as well.  

How has God been working in your life to teach you to worship him in spirit and in truth?

David is seen here as a man not as a king in kingly raiment/garments. He came before God as David , the every-day man.  He came as himself, the man, not as the public saw him, the king. He put aside his earthly calling and came to his Heavenly Lord and King, rejoicing, worshiping Him, with a heart filled with love and adoration.  He worshiped God with all that was in him. With joy and thankfulness.  David was not concerned about what people thought about him, he did not worship them, it was his God that he was worshiping with all that was in him, (one can say , thinking of nothing else but God alone. The joy that he was bringing, (what had previously been seen as God's abode in the wilderness,) the Ark of the Covenant to the capital city of the nation).  

David gave himself completely in his dance to the Lord.  He worshiped God in this way. God saw his heart.  In this I can learn too, to put aside what man sees me as, be it a pauper / teacher / preacher /king/ sailor/ housewife or whatever else, and be me , the person God created. Worship Him in spirit and in truth. Not put on a show or something for man to see. It is God we worship. Let our focus be on Him and Him alone.  

God was first and foremost. It was Him he praised.  When he was down or whatever, he saw something that enabled him to praise God for, and soon if down, his spirits would lift in praising Him.

Our very life should be one of praise to Him.  Our walk and talk should all point to Him.

• Pastor Ralph changed the title to Q3. Worshiping Freely