JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q5. Isaiah's Call and Response

Q5. (Isaiah 6:5-8) What is Isaiah's reaction to the vision? That he is doomed, he is a man of unclean lips and lives with unclean people.

How does God deal with Isaiah's fear? His lips are cleansed and his sin is taken away.

What question follows Isaiah's cleansing? Whom shall I send?

What is Isaiah's response to God's question? Here I am, send me.

What is your response when you sense God calling you? Yes Lord, I shall go, do, be, as you wish Lord.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q5. (Isaiah 6:5-8) What is Isaiah’s reaction to the vision? How does God deal with Isaiah’s fear? What question follows Isaiah’s cleansing? What is Isaiah’s response to God’s question? What is your response when you sense God calling you?

His initial reaction was fear from seeing the Lord with his own eyes, God reassures Isaiah that his uncleanliness and sin are gone and he is made whole in God's eyes. Isaiah gladly agrees to  go to the people for God.deliver the Lords  

• 2 weeks later...

Q5. (Isaiah 6:5-8) What is Isaiah's reaction to the vision? How does God deal with Isaiah's fear? What question follows Isaiah's cleansing? What is Isaiah's response to God's question? What is your response when you sense God calling you?

He mainly is afraid of seeing the lord with his sinful nature and says he isn't clean or worthy of such a honor. God sends the seraphim to cleanse him, but not for god, but because Isaiah believes he is unclean and hes a dead man for having the vision in the first place...I don't think Isaiah had a vision, but rather placed that vision in Isaiah to see. He is willing to take on anything for the lord. 

Wilson, Ralph F.. Isaiah: Discipleship Lessons from the Fifth Gospel (JesusWalk Bible Study Series) . JesusWalk Publications. Kindle Edition. 

• 2 years later...

What is Isaiah’s reaction to the vision?
Isaiah is scared be because he knows his mouth is sinful and he’s been around sinful people. He didn’t feel worthy enough to be in Yahweh’s presence.

How does God deal with Isaiah’s fear?

He calms him by purifying his lips. Letting him know that all his sons have been forgiven. He is worthy enough to be in the midst of our creator.

What question follows Isaiah’s cleansing?
Yahweh asks, “Whom will go for us and who shall I send”?
What is Isaiah’s response to God’s question
?

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart."[62]

What is your response when you sense God calling you?

There have been times in my life where I’ve said Lord please don’t send me. For fear of not knowing what to say or just plain fear of being out of my comfort zone. As I grow in my faith I now know that whenever He calls no matter what the task I’m willing to go. I know that if He sends me he will give me the words to say and wipe away any fear or doubt that I have that makes me think I’m not the one for the task. I have more faith in Him now than ever before.

• 3 months later...

This is one of my favorite verses in the Bible: "Here I am ... Send me." Isaiah knows he's a flawed, sinful person but he also knows he's representative of all of us -- we're all flawed and sinful. God doesn't choose from a mixed crowd of the perfect and the sinful, but a very homogeneous group of sinners. In this way, Isaiah is we. We are sinners with "unclean lips."

Yet, in spite of his character, Isaiah begs God to be used. He wants a purpose and calling. He wants God to send him on a mission. "Here I am, Lord ... It's little me ... it's Isaiah the sinner ... please, send me (anyway) ... Let me serve you ... give me a mission."

I pray this often. Send me in spite of myself. Use me in spite of my flaws. Make me clean enough to have a mission or calling. I'm still waiting for His call. :(

• 1 month later...

Isaiah is overcome by his own sense of smallness, unworthiness, and sinfulness.
     one of the seraphs flew to him  with a live coal and it touched his lips 
    Who will I send and who will go with us 
    "Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord
    Confusion, what will I do and say

What is Isaiah’s reaction to the vision? He is humbled and feels he is much too sinful to be in the presence of God. 

How does God deal with Isaiah’s fear? He sends an angel to purify him from his sins with a live coal. 

What question follows Isaiah’s cleansing? "Whom shall I send? Who will go for Us?

What is Isaiah’s response to God’s question? Isaiah says "Here am I! Send Me."

What is your response when you sense God calling you? I hope I hear Him calling when He has a job for me. I want to hear and obey my Lord God. 

• 10 months later...

Isaiah 6:5-8) What is Isaiah's reaction to the vision?

Self realization and Fear. Vision of transformation 

How does God deal with Isaiah's fear?   

The hot coal from heavenly altar cleansed him and God reassured him of his real call 

What question follows Isaiah's cleansing?

Whom shall I send,. ? Who will go for us?

What is Isaiah's response to God's question?  

Here I am, Yes, Lord, send me.

What is your response when you sense God calling you?  

Ready to Go 

• 2 weeks later...