JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q7. Gathering of the Nations

People will flock to the messiah in droves. They will come from every corner of the earth. These nations that are talking about all are the people that believe in the Lord. They are the ones that were saved by the Gift of salvation from the Lord himself. They are the people that have the Holy Spirit that dwells in his heart and soul. This prophecy will be fulfilled when Jesus returns to rule the world in great peace and harmony. This will be at the end of times.

• 8 months later...

Q7. (Isaiah 11:10-16) What does it mean that “the nations” will rally to the Messiah when he appears? Who are these “nations”? Who else will be “gathered” at this time? How does this prophecy relate to Jesus’ and Paul’s teaching about the Rapture (Mark 13:26-27; 2 Thessalonians 2:1)? When will this prophecy be fulfilled?

The phrase, “the nations” will rally to the Messiah when he appears refers to the remnant who have awaited the return of our Savior and Lord; and now rallies because the wait is ended. He will also gather the exiles of Israel; the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth.  This prophecy relates to that of Jesus and the Apostle Paul as they reference the return or our Lord to gather the Church.  The prophecy will be fulfilled at the rapture of the Church.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Q7. (Isaiah 11:10-16) What does it mean that "the nations" will rally to the Messiah when he appears? He is drawing his people together, that may be focused on our Lord and saviour.

Who are these "nations"? Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the sea.

Who else will be "gathered" at this time? All nations

How does this prophecy relate to Jesus' and Paul's teaching about the Rapture (Mark 13:26-27; 2 Thessalonians 2:1)? The rapture speaks of the coming of Christ, where many are gathered and experience the knowledge and glory of God.

When will this prophecy be fulfilled? On the last day.

• 2 years later...

Q7. (Isaiah 11:10-16) What does it mean that “the nations” will rally to the Messiah when he appears?

Believers and followers will be drawn to Yahshua. We’ve all been waiting for His return so when He does come back we will all go to Him. 

Who are these “nations”?

His remnant, the remaining tribes of Israel. Believers all over the world.

Who else will be “gathered” at this time?

The remaining or remnants from the 12 tribes of Judah.

How does this prophecy relate to Jesus’ and Paul’s teaching about the Rapture (Mark 13:26-27; 2 Thessalonians 2:1)?

When Yahshua returns He will send out His angels to gather His remnant. We will all be gathered to join Him.

When will this prophecy be fulfilled?

No one knows the hour or day of Yahshua return. Only the Father knows. So we all must keep our lamps lit with oil and be ready.

• 3 months later...

In these passages, the gentiles are given a more secular description -- "nations:" Jews, in contrast, are given a more humane or religious designation -- "the people." So when the nations rally to the Messiah, gentiles are being incorporated into Christ.

All of God's people will be gathered. I'm not sure ALL Jews will be included, though it appears that God will gather the Jews, too. The idea of the remnant seems to include all Jews and some gentiles.

Jesus' prophecy is aimed at "his elect" as is Paul's description of the rapture which involves "our" being gathered, or the Christian converts. The question for me is this: "Who are the elect?"

I have no idea when this prophecy will be fulfilled, though I find it interesting that China is building it's Great Road through many countries westward. It's an economic road, a trade route, which follows the path of ancient trade routes of the past. Perhaps this is the highway?  If so, it excludes the Americas, Japan, Australia, Africa, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What does it mean that “the nations” will rally to the Messiah when he appears?

The original word translated "rally" is daras which means to seek, inquire or  consult. I believe this means that the nations will go to Jesus the Messiah for answers. 

Who are these “nations”?

We Christians are the nations. 

Who else will be “gathered” at this time?

The remanent of His people the Israelites.

How does this prophecy relate to Jesus’ and Paul’s teaching about the Rapture (Mark 13:26-27; 2 Thessalonians 2:1)? When will this prophecy be fulfilled?

I believe this is the first prophecy of the rapture that is also talked about in Mark 13, and 2 Thessalonians 2. I've recently discovered that not everyone believes the Bible talks about the rapture. This is a new idea for me as I've always been taught these verses are talking about the rapture, I guess this is something I will have to study and pray about. 

• 10 months later...

The Messiah will appear and establish His kingdom which will be recognized by all peoples. While the passage specifies the surrounding nations of Israel, it also includes from 'the four corners of the earth' an all encompassing kingdom.

The New Testament refers to the return of Christ whose time is unknown but impending.