JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

3a)We are comforted by God’s promise of victory over death&His ever loving presence with us by His spirit, in our pain and loss,We know our loved ones are going to a better lace.God helps us bear the grief we feel,wipes away our tears,we are not left alone.

b)As believers we can contemplate our death without fear,and in the secure&certain knowledge that we have Spirit of Jesus with us at all times.&He will bring us through death in victory to everlasting life with Him on the otherside.

c) When Christ returns instead of death we will experience His resurrection victory, our resurrection bodies we’ll be with Him for abundant life eternal full of joy.The last enemy death destroyed,there wll be no more crying and pain,the old order passed away.

• 8 months later...

The term, "he will swallow up death forever," is meant to help us to accept that the death of our loved ones is only temporary. On the last day, we will be reunited with them. It is to give us hope that they have only gone to be with the Lord in heaven. It sometimes has us believe that they have gone to a better place.

Nobody wants to believe that this is all that there is. Nobody want death to be the final ending of our existence. We look for a more comforting answer and we find it in the text "he will swallow up death forever." We look to a future beyond death. We look to our eternal life with the Father in heaven. We look to another life that will have no end.

• 7 months later...

Q3. (Isaiah 25:7) Why does the promise that “he will swallow up death forever” provide such comfort to us when we grieve the death of loved ones? When we contemplate our own death? What will we experience instead of death when Christ comes?

We are comforted because our loved ones who die in Christ is sleeing in His presence and not eternally dead. We look forwar to dying in Christ because death has been destroyed.  When Christ come we will be with Him to live and rule for eternity.

• 4 years later...
On 8/2/2013 at 6:00 AM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q3. (Isaiah 25:7) Why does the promise that “he will swallow up death forever” provide such comfort to us when we grieve the death of loved ones? When we contemplate our own death? What will we experience instead of death when Christ comes?

When someone we love dies, we naturally want to know they are ok and happy now, free from all pain and God’s promise that He will take away death forever makes us think that our loved one is only dead in this world and the soul is back home and safe and happy. 

I find it it extremely hard to understand and therefore explain. As for my own death, I used to not be afraid but lately I have been; I don’t want to miss out on life experiences here and I would so miss my children and husband and family, but then I realize that this is attachment to this world. 

Does this promise mean mean as believers we won’t die? 

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Isaiah 25:7) Why does the promise that "he will swallow up death forever" provide such comfort to us when we grieve the death of loved ones? Because they will eternally with our Father in heaven and Christ Jesus.

When we contemplate our own death? I will get to see my fellow christians, living pain free, 100% whole in heaven.

What will we experience instead of death when Christ comes? The enemy will be destroyed and the shroud of death removed.

• 2 years later...

Q3. (Isaiah 25:7) Why does the promise that “he will swallow up death forever” provide such comfort to us when we grieve the death of loved ones?

We know that if they died believing in God, they will live again.

When we contemplate our own death?
I believe I’ll live again, forever in heaven with God. 

What will we experience instead of death when Christ comes?

Ever lasting life, no more pain, sorrow. Ever lasting peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Q3. (Isaiah 25:7) Why does the promise that “he will swallow up death forever” provide such comfort to us when we grieve the death of loved ones?
We know that if they had a relationship with Yahshua they have gotten the victory. Heaven is their final resting place.

When we contemplate our own death?

I know that Yahshua has conquered death for me, so I have victory over it because of Him. I pray that I have done all that I was supposed to do according to His will and remained faithful to His word.

What will we experience instead of death when Christ comes?

Ever lasting life! We will receive our crowns.

• 1 month later...

Q3. (Isaiah 25:7) Why does the promise that “he will swallow up death forever” provide such comfort to us when we grieve the death of loved ones? When we contemplate our own death?

I think most people, even Christians fear death in some way. Even the most devout believer occasionally wonders what it will be like at the moment of death. It gives us great hope knowing that Jesus will defeat death. 

What will we experience instead of death when Christ comes? 

If you are a Christian the moment you leave this life you will go to heaven. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8