JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q1. Two Witnesses

The positive characterictis that I see are the two witnesses are bold, they have power and authority. They are not afraid to use their authority. They give glory to God while they are attacked.

Their reward is after they have been killed, God puts breath back into them and then they are called up to Heavon.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D i agree they stand in the face of death an never think about it ,also they where the 2 that hadnt seen death so they i belive had been in the presence of the lord and you see himself come out in them share the word and doing the lords work till death an then the real blessing they got to go to be in the presence of the lord for ever an im thinking and beliveing they heard the words well done son

So like them we should be like JESUS never stop shareing the word and even in the face of harm i thinik of the words

DO NOT FEAR WHAT THEY CAN DO TO THE FLESH THINK WHAT GOD CAN DO TO THE SOUL

this helps me to share because the lost need to know God loves them but their soul is going to spend it one way or the other

Also i praise the lord because we can be in the prasence of our lord Jesus an can feel his love an careing arms holding us in the time of need

GRACE AN PEACE TO YOU ALL

Its only by Gods power that we can have peace on earth an still complete his mission he has for us

love u all

prophet

What I see is that the two witnesses prophesied with astounding power during the tribulation period.It is also possible that these two witnesses symbolize faithful believers testifying during the tribulation.We should be powerful witnesses here on earth to the people.The two witnesses reward was they were called by God and assended to heaven.

:) THIS WAS POSITIVE FAITH ; DOING GOD'S WILL FOR THERE LIFE,GOING THOUGH ALL KINDS OF PROBLEM AND OVERCOMING THEM . FOR ONE THING GOD IS NOT SHORT OF HIS WORDS. I DON'T THINK THEY WAS IN MOURNING HATING TO DO GOD'S WILL .SACKCLOTH WAS MOSTLY USED FOR MOURNING . ALSO DOING MISSION WORK IT IS BETTER TO GO IN TWO INSTEAD OF BEING ALONG

Positive charateristics-1) not being afraid to speak God's word amidst a hostile environment 2) power and dominion over enemies 3)speaking boldly and coninually prophesizing the truth.

Reward-resurrected after lying in the streets for 3 1/2 days-being taken into heaven as the whole world watched.

They are prophetic (warn the world to take the right path)

clothed in sackcloth (mourning)

olive trees (emboldened by Holy Spirit)

lampstands (lights to the world)

before the Lord (believers)

fire from mouth (power of the Word)

power to shut up sky (boldness of Elijah)

power

• 3 weeks later...

Positive characteristics might include

Unique clothing: not emulating current (sexy) culture, or maybe the garments of righteousness look like sackcloth and ashes to the world.

Prophecy: we are to aspire to prophecy, 1Cor 14:1.

Fire from the mouth may equal scripture. For example when satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness and was demolished by Jesus' use of Scripture. We are to know and use the Scriptures.

We are to give testimony, no matter what the cost.

We are to remain in our first love. If we do this, signs will follow. Revelation 2:4,5 refer to first love and works (miracles etc).

Rewards

Resurrection (the breath of Life from God)

Taken to Heaven

• 1 month later...

Q1. (Revelation 11:3-12 )

Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day? What is their reward?

1. power; God given to devour enemies

2. boldness; speak the word of God

3. solid; stand firm on the foundation of Christ

4. strength; protected by God

5. witness; give testimony

6. faithfulness

7. trust and hope

Their reward is God breathed life in them, resurrected life. Their reward is an invitation to "Come up here". There are taken up to heaven like Jesus in a cloud, while their enemies watched. They bypass judgement and go straight to the white robe status as overcomers, like martyrs do.

• 2 months later...

Q1. (11:3-12 ) Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day?

To be powerful and faithful in our witnessing for our Lord and Savior, even in the face of persecution and death. To be more faithful, trusting and obedient.

What is their reward?

Eternal Life :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

#5 Q1. THE POWER OF THE TWO WITNESSES COMES FROM GOD .THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN CERTAIN POWERS TO WITHSTAND ALL THE WEAPONS AND THREATS AGAINST THEMTHEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE POWERS THAT ELIJAH AND MOSES HAD WHEN DOING GODS WORK.THEY REPRESENT PROBABLY THE LAW AND THE JUDGES.THEY ARE PROCLAIMING GOD S JUDGEMENT TO COME.THEY ARE TESTIFYING TO THE GOSPEL THEY STAND FIRM AGAINST THE NONBELIEVING.THEY LIKE US WILL DIE AND THEN BE RAISED FROM THE DEAD . ALL THESE THINGS WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO DO.STAND FIRM REGARDLESS OF THE CONSEQUENCES.

• 3 months later...
:D The two witnesses work continually to further Gods message - always faithful and persevering. Their reward is to resurrected and taken up to heaven.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (11:3-12 ) Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day? What is their reward?

Whomever interpreted the Word, in order to add enlightenment to "It", well the effort is much Appreciated and Blessings, but the Scriptures speak for Themselves :) Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. ...Who are the temple of God, and the alter, & who worship therein. (So we are worshipping God & found doing so when the measurement is taken.)

Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

The theme is that of being humble in Sweet Adoration (Worship) of Abba Father! Putting off the flesh completely, being set apart to the Word of God! You can see by Rev 11:9 above, that our very own kindred & tongue of our nations will be against us. This is said else where in The Holy Bible as well. ex. mother's against daughters, brothers against sisters, kids against their partents.....So it's not going to be easy in the sense of acceptance. But Gods' Yoke is easy & His burden light. We don't have to worry about the persecution if we live virtuous lives, humbled before God. Persecution will come, and count it a joy. For the overcomer will "Eat Of The Tree Of Life" with God :D.....

• 1 month later...

In Revelation 11:3, And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, (5 months)clothed in sackcloth. (4) These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. (5) And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. (6) these have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. (7) And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast (anti-christ, the devil, satan) that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. (8) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spirituallly is called Sodom and Egypt, Where also our Lord was crucufied. (Jerusalem) When you have seen this happen you know for sure that you have not been "Raptured" away into the clouds. You have been fooled into thinking that you have been worshiping the "Real Jesus".

After the two witnesses have done all of the things God has given them power to do. (9) And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. (no one is going to bury them, they are going to be left in street.) (10) And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. (They are going to be telling the people and all the nations that they are following the wrong Christ, and after they have been killed, the people are going to be happy about their death). (11) And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. (Here comes the Real Jesus) (All of this happens at the 6th vial, 6th seal, 6th trumph. 666 is the number of Satan's return. The real Jesus Christ comes at the 7th trump).

I don't know who the (two witnesess) will be, but I'm looking forward to finding out when all of this takes place, on this earth, not up in Heaven .

• 3 months later...

Q1. (11:3-12 ) Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day?

They remain steadfast in their conviction and their ministry in the fact of the tribulation because of their faith. We need to stand by our faith in the face of all manner of attack.

What is their reward?

Ascension to heaven and to see God.

They were steadfast in their testimony, and wouldn't stop regardless of persecution and even death for they had faith in the promise of the Lord

What is their reward?

They were transported to heaven to be with the Father as reward. Earthly persecution matters not. It is the kingdom of heaven which is our reward.

• 4 months later...

They were clothed in burlap and prophesied or the 3.5 years...obviously, worldy possessions and concerns are of no importance to them. (A lesson I shamefully admit I needed.) They were faithful to their death. Their reward (which can be ours) was in going to be with Jesus...and it was right in front of their enemies!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Father and Spirit are two witnesses referred to by Christ when he was dispositioned about his authority by the Pharisees. The two lampstands - the lampstands before the throne (12) are the the apostles of Christ who are rich (oil) in and with Spirit.

The Father bears witness and the Spirit - they are all - divine power and authority which was imparted to Christ by the Father and then he empowered with the Spirit. Christ imparted this same power and authority to the disciples when he departed. By authority of the Father and with the power of the Holy Spirit.

The two witnesses are in essence - the Father and the Spirit.

• 6 months later...

Q1. (11:3-12 ) Interpreters disagree upon the identity of the Two Witnesses, but they are certainly strong and brave. What positive characteristics do you see in their actions that we should emulate in our day? What is their reward?

Positive characteristics that I see in the witnesses actions that I believe we should emulate in our day include:-

Tenacity - they prophesy for 1260 days.

Obedience - they serve God.

Faith - unquestionable belief in our Lord.

Their witness and testimony - Eph 6:19 Pray also for me, so that, when I open my mouth, the right words will be given to me. Then I will boldly make known the secret of the gospel, This is a verse I think of when I pray for the strength that the two witnesses have.

Their reward is a place in heaven.

The two witnesses are strong and brave. The witnesses performed the task that God had given to them to the very best of their ability. This is what we should do with our God given tasks. We all have an earthly life to follow God and live and work for Him. The reward the witnesses receive is when they are taken to heaven with their earthly mission accomplished to the very best of their ability.

• 1 month later...

The Two Witnesses are strong and powerful and full of "The Word".

Their reward will be after laying 3 1/2 days in the streets they were resurrected into heaven.

• 10 months later...

The positive characteristics are being faithful and true, trusting in the Lord for they shall receive their reward which is eternal life with oiur God and Lord and Holy Spirit.

• 1 month later...

They boldly preached the gospel without compromise which offended many. They preached the gospel even though they might lose their lives. They had a close, vigorous connection with God. They were faithful witnesses as Christians today should be regardless of who we might offend or what the consequences might be.