JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Welcome

Pastor Ralph

:huh: Hi, my name is Sue and I am a semi-retired granny who lives in Crossville, TN. I am one of the adult Bible teachers at my church, Faith Assembly of God. I have done a study with Bro. Ralph before and enjoyed it so very much. He is a marvelous teacher. He has also permitted me to use some of the materials in my Sunday School Class. I am looking forward to the study of Gideon! Our church is planning to minister through cell groups and I need all the courage that I can garner from Gideon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings to Everyone,

Hi, This is the second time I am posting my greetings but somehow I lost the first one. Anyway my name is Mario from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada. It is such a joy to study HIS words with a great help from Pastor Ralph of course, really appreciate this Pastor. May HE be with us all as we study HIS words. God Bless to all. Mario

• 3 weeks later...

A little about myself, hmmm well My names Billi Rice, I'm 25 years old as of this month, i live in pennsylvania. For work i am an Electronics assembler, I was Raised in A christian home, with parents who constatnly put forth the example of Christ in there lives. When i was 17 my father passed away and i fell away from God in Blaming him. Did alot of stupid things over the last several years things i'm not proud of but things that i've learned alot from and brouht me to who i am today, and bout 8 months ago finally recommitted my life to Christ and have been striving to do and follow his Will with the help of Chrisitan friends for support. As for what i hope to get from this i'm not really sure..... i know the book of Revelation has always been of some interest to me, and i just pray that in doing the study that God would reveal what it is that he wants me to know so that i might better apply it possibly to my life. God Bless

Hi, I'm Bill and I'm from Belmont Massachusetts (metro Boston). I'm a Methodist (in my youth and currently) but I have been a member of an Episcopal church and have attended a variety of other denominations over the years. I am really interested in this form of Bible study to perhaps add to what we do at church and to give some structure to my own studies. I am a computer professional (over 30 years). I chair the adult educatation committee at our church and I also serve on our communications committee and church council. I developed our church website,www.umcbelmont.org. This is my first online Bible study although I have done some other online learning.

Hello, my name is Michelle. I am from Oregon, 36, married and have 4 children and 1 grandson.

This is my first online bible study and I am excited to have found it!! I moved to a small town in April and I don't know many. Its been a challenge finding a new church and study. This is exciting and a real encouragment! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lynnmparker

Hello, my name is Lynn. Lately, all I've wanted to do is get to know more and more about the Lord. I'm involved in other studies, and adding one more may be difficult, however, I'm determined to get closer to God through His word.

I'm a resident of Virginia. I'm married, with children. I enjoy marriage and my job, however, every opportunity I get, I want to feel if with the knowledge of the Word.

Greetings! My name is Julie and I am the mother of two girls and one son. I have been married for 23 years and have been a Christian since I was 16. I am taking this study because I can not make the ladies Bible study at my church due to a conflict with the Good News Club ministry that I am involved in. I am also involved in the Awana ministry and teach in Children's church. I am excited about having the opportunity to do an Online study and am praying that I will be refreshed and "recharged"by studying about the Lamb of God.

My name is Russell and I am 54 years old, married with 4 children and 1 grandchild (with another coming any day now). I was born a Jew and accepted the Lord into my life at 3 AM in December of 1980 while watching a tele-evangelist on TV. The Lord has worked many miracles in my life and the life of those about me. I am active in my church and work with a recovery ministry I helped start called Alive Again ( Luke 15). I enjoy studying the Bible and fellowship, although I enjoy verbal interaction more than written interaction.................yet the more I get involved in sharing through email..the more I see certain advantages to it. I look forward to the study and I have already posted two answers. I like to arise early...sometimes 3:30-4 AM. I get on the computer and read the Bible and other stuff and check email.

Hi, Greetings from China! Guess I am the first one from China, the mainland. Hope there will be more from China! It is my first time of studying Bible online. I just finished reading 1 Peter during Chinese Lunar New Year (so-called Spring Festival), I am currently taking holiday leave at home, so that I can have enough time to study online:).

P.S. Shan is my netname, the meaning of "shan" is mountain in Chinese. So, now you know, I like mountains and hiking :P

Thanks GOD!

Hi, My name is Pastor Norman and I work in prison ministry and in the inner city of Edmonton Alberta Canada with the homeless. I am also involved in addictions counseling. I am married to a beautiful Jamaican lady and we have one son that we are very proud of.

Hi. I am Ann from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada where the weather has ben very cold for the past two weeks. I am a retired elementary school teacher. This is my first online Bible class and am looking forward to beoing challenged with the questuions and reading others thinking.

Hello my name is Reverand Lilli I am an ordained minster in the thc-minsitry. I am a spiritual and medical cannabis user/advocate

.The ancient recipe for this anointing oil, recorded in the Old Testament book of Exodus (30: 22-23) included over nine pounds of flowering cannabis tops, Hebrew "kaneh-bosm" B, extracted into a hind (about 6.5 litres) of olive oil, along with a variety of other herbs and spices. The ancient chosen ones were literally drenched in this potent cannabis holy oil. B The "m" is a pronounced plural, and the singular kaneh-bos sounds remarkably similar to the modern cannabis. Although often mistranslated as "calamus", the word has been translated as "fragrant-cane" in most modern bibles, and specifically designates the fragrant flowering tops of cannabis.

According to scholars at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, it has been confirmed (as of 1980) that the editors of the King James Bible apparently mistranslated the word kineboisin for calamus -- a tragic error that haunts Christians, Jews, and their victims to this day.

And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. -- Ezekiel 34:29

God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.

I'm glad you've signed up for the Gideon study. Please tell us something about yourself.

I'm the director of the study, Ralph F. Wilson. I'm the Community Outreach Pastor at Sierra Christian Church in Loomis, California, and have been developing online Bible studies for the past six years.

As with most things in my life, I'm putting the "horse after the cart" here. While I was reading some responses to question #3 I noticed an allusion to "my introduction" by a fellow student, so I went looking and here I am.

For the last fifteen years or so I have been involved with musical ministries, in various churches, of some description or other. I am a guitarist/singer and I also sing bass in a choral capacity. I have attended several churches over the past few years and am presently attending a small Christian Mission, non-denominational, whose teaching is based on Salvation through Christ's Blood and whose mandate is outreach and evangelization.

I am constantly struggling with the notion of Faith, and am praying for the strength to let God take over my life. Even at this late stage in life I think that I can do it all. I pray to be able to change that.

I look forward to this Bible Study and am already reaping the benefits of reading others' opinions on the questions being asked by Pastor Ralph. I find these answers very heartening and enlightening.

Blessings to All,

George

Blessing to all. My name is James and I live in the N.E.corner of Indiana. Brrrr it's cold here right now. I am so looking forward to inter-acting with you all and am sure that God's Hand will always be present, though that is not what I am seeking here. I am seeking His Wonderful face and Heart. Blessed to meet you all.