JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

In behavioral terms according to these verses I would classify myself as wanting solid food. I keep on growing because I study the Bible daily. I am always finding things that I hadn’t seen before so that is what is taking me to the next step. These Bible studies bring a lot of light to the world of God.

• 3 weeks later...

Q1. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) In behavioral terms according to these verses, how would you classify yourself in terms of hunger for the Word? In terms of jealousy and quarreling? -- infant, child, teenager, adult? What will it take for you to grow to the next stage?

I do hunger for the word of God and thus think that I have just passed from teenager level into a a young adult stage.

In terms of jealousy, quarrelling, I think I am still growing, may be a teenager level.

I will rely of the power of the Holy Spirit and the word of God to transform me into adulthood.

• 1 month later...

Q1. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) In behavioral terms according to these verses, how would you classify yourself in terms of hunger for the Word? In terms of jealousy and quarreling? – infant, child, teenager, adult? What will it take for you to grow to the next stage?

a.   I have always been hungry for the Word Of the LORD.  The Bible feeds my hungry soul so that I can become more like Chirst, get closer to Him, be enabled to love Him more and to serve Him more as I become more spiritually equipped. I continue to study the Word for my own edification but also teach his Word in my Bible Study class and small group ministry I facilitate.  I take classes like this and also participate in other Bible studies as a participant to assist in my growth process out of infancy one day.

b. In order to grow into the next stage, I must continue with what I submitted in paragraph a. above.  In so doing, I stay away from any jealousy, quarreling or other stressful situations that might change my focus on the LORD and His will for me.

Q1. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) In behavioral terms according to these verses, how would you classify yourself in terms of hunger for the Word? In terms of jealousy and quarreling? – infant, child, teenager, adult? What will it take for you to grow to the next stage?

I behavioral terms I have ups and downs. I try to do my very best which I will never be perfect until I reach Heaven. I have a hunger for the Word I try to hold back  when it comes to others and quarreling. I hold back until I can think about the truth-theirs or mine-and have a long talk with Jesus. Today I am learning (recently had surgery)to not jump back at someone just because I get upset. I know also I have a whinny voice not meaning to I convey a certain amt of neediness that some hear (not intended) so I realize my actions and decided to sit back and allow God to take care of all the worldly junk going on. When he decides I move to the next level.

• 4 weeks later...

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

a.   I have always been hungry for the Word Of the LORD.  The Bible feeds my hungry soul so that I can become more like Chirst, get closer to Him, be enabled to love Him more and to serve Him more as I become more spiritually equipped. I continue to study the Word for my own edification but also teach his Word in my Bible Study class and small group ministry I facilitate.  I take classes like this and also participate in other Bible studies as a participant to assist in my growth process out of infancy one day.

b. In order to grow into the next stage, I must continue with what I submitted in paragraph a. above.  In so doing, I stay away from any jealousy, quarreling or other stressful situations that might change my focus on the LORD and His will for me.

• 5 months later...

In behavioral terms according to these verses, I would classify myself as being a babe on solid food as I love the Word of God and the revelations that the Holy Spirit brings. In terms of jealousy and quarreling, I would consider myself to be a young adult, still falling for the bait. A constant diet of the Word of God and resting in the presence of God will move me to the next stage of growth.

• 5 months later...

I would say that I starve for the word. I need to be able to either read the bible or continue to study on a daily basis. I long to find someone to discuss all my thoughts and ideas with. I need to be able to start to share what I am learning with people that are really interested in listening. I find that I am critical of people that are being false to the word. They treat the church like a corporation. They refuse to think that there is another way. I find that I no longer want to go with the status quo, but I want to share my enthusiasm for the word. I feel that I am entering into the next stage by setting the goal of doing all of these studies in the Jesus walk series.

• 6 years later...

Q1. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3) In behavioral terms according to these verses, how would you classify yourself in terms of hunger for the Word? In terms of jealousy and quarreling? -- infant, child, teenager, adult? What will it take for you to grow to the next stage?

I love the Word. I get so excited when a truth is suddenly "revealed", or opened up. 

I long to have someone to share with. To discuss the findings with. To pray with. Who understands, without criticism or pompousness. 

I get hurt very easily be it for what is said about the Word or by actions., so i tend to become invisible in too big a gathering. 

I love the Lord with all of my heart and I know that He is still working in me to become who He wants me to be. 

• 1 year later...

In regard to hungering for him, I'm a responsible young adult, but not a seasoned old one! I strive to learn and spent hours in the morning studying; the test of my learning is maturing in Him, becoming like Christ. I'm supposed to reflect Christ in my daily life and frankly, I'm not sure I do this well. 

I should desire the word more. And more. And more. Living as if Christ was the ground of my subconscious, something the percolates up naturally, is the goal. I shouldn't have to "turn to Him" but be looking the same direction as He. It shouldn't be an effort, but instinctive.

--

I am not a jealous person but have other flaws. I also rarely quarrel because I bottle up my thoughts. Thus, I think I'm adult in these particular regards. Very self-controlled.

To grow to the next level? I know what it will take to mature in Him -- suffering and pain. Growth has always involved intense suffering, at least in my life. There's no easy slide to the next step.