JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

• Daniel tells the king about the great God who sent his angels to come and shut the lions' mouths - A friend of mine said the lions went into fasting because God sent his Holy Spirit upon them!

Daniel did not focus on the injustice done to him but on the outcome and God's response. This was a good evangelistic message to bring others to God.

Our living God is always gracious. He has done many things for me too. I am so grateful.

Daniel testified about God when out got out of the lion’s den by telling the king that God found no guilt in him and that God kept the lions mouths shut. The thing that might have happened if Daniel would have focused on injustice done instead on the positive of what God had done then maybe God would have opened the lion’s mouth because he was still in the cage. But instead he focused on what God had done. I have a whole life time that I could use as a testimony of God’s mercy to me.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?

What a great testimony!  Daniel's being in a den with hungry, ferocious lions over night and to be found unharmed is an awesome testimony about the God he worships. If, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him he would have diverted the people away from the power of God to protect in the midst of any great harm to himself; putting in the minds of some that he had doubts that he would be protected against the lions. Daily God blesses me with good health, a place to call home, nourishment for my body and the freedom to worship Him.  For these and others I give God praise!

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions’ den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God’s mercy to you?

1). Daniel used his experience in the lion's den to testify that it is God's angels camped around him that prevented the lions from doing harm. 2). Only God would know the answer to this question. 3). The experience where I was trapped in a van during a torrential rainstorm with an 18 wheeler driving directly at me. God was merciful and redirected the 18 wheeler.

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23)

Q. How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God?

A. He told the King that his God had sent angels to shut the lions mouth and could not be hurt

Q. What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him?

A. He would have missed the opportunity to testify/  preach about his All powerful God

Q. What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

A. Several cases of God's interference and deliverance in my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Daniel uses his experience in the lions' den to testify about God by telling the king how God had sent an angel to protect him from being eaten by the lions.

If Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him, God wouldn't have received the glory and the king wouldn't have learned about the One True God.

The experience in my life I might use as a testimony of God's mercy is, the times He meet my needs when I was out of work and by opening the door for me to get a new job.

• 11 months later...

Q7. (Daniel 6:21-23) How does Daniel use his experience in the lions' den to testify about God? What might have happened if, in his response to the king, Daniel had focused on the injustice done to him? What experience in your life might you use as a testimony of God's mercy to you?

Daniel told the king that God had judged him and God found him innocent in his sight. God sent his angel to shut the lion's mouth. Daniel had not even been scratched. If Daniel had been spiteful toward the accusers or been or had focused on the injustice done to him the king might have been angered or might have been less inclined to be sympathetic to Daniel. But Daniel came out and he was praising God. This apparently made a big impression on the king. There have been times in my life when I became estranged from God and have become someone totally removed from God's grace. Fortunately God kept whispering in my ear never giving up on me. By his mercy he has led me back.