JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Authority of Son of Man

Pastor Ralph

On 12/10/2015 at 2:16 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus’ power and glory?

Since Jesus is God's Son and became Son of Man to pay the price for our sin and the sin of the whole world, we ought to be completely thankful, obedient and worshipful and continually giving God praise and worship.  Who else could do what He has done and accomplished all that His death, burial, resurrection and Ascension did. 

This brings to mind excerpts from two beautiful songs:

1.)  I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus,
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true.
I would tell you how He changed my life completely;
He did something no other friend could do.
No one ever cared for me like Jesus;
There's no other friend so kind as He.
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me;
O how much He cared for me.

And to that, we sing this song:

2,)  To Thee we ascribe glory,
To Thee we ascribe honor,
To Thee we ascribe power and majesty
Holy is the Lord.

• 1 year later...

It means I want to be obedient to the Lord because he is my Lord and Savior. I am also looking forward to his kingdom coming in eternity. I want to always be very thankful and appreciative to the things Jesus has done by taking away my sins and other things that he does for me daily.

• 1 year later...

I wonder if prophets always understand what they're prophesying; if Daniel understood what he was saying when he used the phrase, "Son of Man."

Pastor Ralph mentioned the large number of times that Jesus referred to Himself as the Son of Man. It's amazing, really, that Jesus would pluck from Daniel's prophecies an obscure phrase to apply to Himself. And yet Jesus consistently thought of Himself as the Son of Man. What this phrase meant to Him, we'll never fully know, but it's obvious that Jesus considered Himself preeminent among men as well as fully God.

• 7 months later...

Q2. (Daniel 7:13-14) Since Jesus is the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy, what implications does that have for your obedience, your worship, your estimation of Jesus’ power and glory?

ANSWER: The implications that the Son of Man in Daniel’s prophecy have for my obedience, my worship, and my estimation of Jesus’ power and glory. …:

a: your obedience - the Son of Man, serve as a source of hope and encouragement for the Jewish people, assuring them that God remains in control of history and will ultimately establish His everlasting kingdom.

b: your worship - The Son of Man is presented as a figure who will act on behalf of God's people, bringing about their ultimate deliverance and the establishment of God's eternal kingdom.

😄 your estimation of jesus’ power and glory - Imagery would have resonated deeply with Daniel's original audience and continues to hold significance for readers today as we seek to understand the role of the Son of Man in the broader biblical narrative.