JesusWalk Bible Study Forum

Q2. Glory Displayed

On 12/16/2016 at 1:39 PM, Pastor Ralph said:

Q2. How is Jesus’ glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

Through the transfiguration His face shone as the sun and His garments turned white as snow glistening.  He was glorious and majestic to His inner circle of apostles Peter, James, and John.  Through miracles because His miracles couldn’t be explained by science they were beyond people’s understanding.  How could a man walk on water??  It’s impossible through science, but Jesus Christ had the faith and made the impossible possible.  He raised the dead, He cleansed the lepers, He opened the eyes of the blind, He cast out all devils even the legion(2000 devils) just by saying go, and He preached to the people with authority they had never experienced before.

• 7 months later...

Q2. How is Jesus' glory displayed through his transfiguration and miracles?

God's glory and majesty and light were shown in the Transfiguration.  Jesus was shown to be the Son of God who God honored by saying, This is My Beloved Son.  Hear Him.  The miracles Jesus performed brought light into darkness.  It was heaven invading earth or the Kingdom of God invading the kingdom of darkness. 

• 4 years later...

Jesus' glory is displayed through the transfiguration and miracles were displayed firstly after John the Baptist baptized Him and Luke 3 verse 22 says " And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said " You are my beloved Son; in You I am well pleased." Again, in Matthew 17 verses 1-8, when Jesus took Peter, James and John up on a mountain, He was transfigured before them and His face shone like the sun and His clothes became as white as the light. Once more, the bright cloud overshadowed them and a voice came out of the cloud saying "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!"

In all the miracles that Jesus performed stating with His first one at the wedding at Cana, clearly displayed His glory. The bridegroom was even astonished at the taste of the "new wine". He did not want to receive the glory Himself but always refer to all instances where He performed all the miracles that He did that so that the Father may be glorified. He really symbolized humility because He understood that He was sent by the Father.